March 28, 2024, 04:43:43 AM

Author Topic: Ah know ah go take flack fuh this but........  (Read 19433 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ah know ah go take flack fuh this but........
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2013, 01:55:23 AM »
On the real though JC I think you does let this racism thing affect yuh too much.  Personally, I have come to accept that there are ignorant people in this world.  I have come to accept that they will say shit that offends me.  Sometimes I respond/react, most times I do not.  I have come to accept that those who say "it can only affect you if you let it..." talking shit.  Sometimes even though yuh try yuh best to tune it out, it will still affect you.  But you know what?  I have also come to accept that there's a plan for me and no man, or men... or who ever could prevent me from achieving what I am meant to achieve.  Everything else is small stuff, and I does try to not sweat the small stuff.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2013, 02:49:12 AM »
JC, I could see you have some fixed opinions and you have your mind set.
I will tell you that all the different ethnic groups in TO are racist. The worst are the black WI, yes worse than the Indians and the Guyanese Indians and they're bad. In fact I disassociate with most Guyanese Indians becz I get fed up of their racist talk. But they eh mad enough to try what the Blacks do because the army go have to come out for crowd control.

Pecan, I not even a little bit surprised at what you say. I don't know where you live but I live in the GTA where it is rampant. NEVER heard a news report on this (except once). Usually saw it  or my friends saw it and told me. I'm glad you mentioned the Press. Becz when we see this crap, I hear the whites around me saying something like "Well that's not racist right?? Only when white ppl do it right?? How come this isn't on CNN or the news, only  when white ppl do it right?
And I tell them to do what black people would do in this case, get about a hundred  of themselves together, stand up where the incident took place, bawl and scream like black ppl and threaten to boycott all the stores in the area. Then they will get their CNN coverage.

I EH ASKING. You know how many times I've seen this shi*. Or my friends family or colleagues get beat!!
I live in the GTA and it is real.

If I had said I see INdians or whites do this everybody woulda keep they as* quiet. But is black ppl so let's get together and make an excuse for them.
As a journalist I stopped writing for the C'bbn papers in TO bcz of their racist agenda (this was in the 90s). I get flack from Indians for not agreeing with their racist views. So I have no agenda.

However after two decades of witnessing this shi% (I take public transit and this where I see most of it) I doh give a f*&k what anybody says. TO is my city too.

Pecan I can only hope what I've seen happen to some of these people doh ever happen to your children.

I want to close off by saying some of my best friends in TO are black WIs because they are DECENT PPL. In fact I usually avoid liming in an Indian majority becz of the cutlass (but that's a different issue). But a dick is a dick no matter what race and I call it as I see it.

In my opinion, it's only about 30% of the WI pop that are like this, 60% eh give one ass but too smart or educated to show it publicly and 10% totally don't support that behaviour.

VB

The only real surprise is that you didn't open with that line instead.  I also find it interesting that you claim black West Indians are the most racist people in TO, yet you say "it's only about 30% of the WI pop that are like this," in other words, you using the actions of a distinct minority within the group to tar the entire group.  Or is it that black WI comprise 30% of all WI's??  Yuh point really not clear.  No offense, but judging from your comments, I wouldn't be surprised if you was one ah dem Indians who 'flee' Trinidad for Canaay-da bawling "persecution."

Bakes, my point is this (of course I am apprpoximating numbers based on 20 yrs of observation. We have about 400 thousand Afro Carribean ppl in TO. So 30 percent is a little over 100 thousand.  Now it might be a bit more or less but you talking about 100 thousand ppl. What is get me if I get vex and say Niggah dat or dis or beat someone black and call them racist names, the Afro WIs will probably kill me. But when they see their race doing it they are literally comatose. All dat mouth about racism is boil down like bagee.

Now if an afro WI wants to point out a specific case of opression in TO and it's true (some ppl regardless of background is see race every day, especially when they cant get their way) I will support him. However, if he wants to talk about opression from whitey. I have no intentions of pretending I don't see or know about the most obvious racism I see in TO.

One day I was at a BBQ in Brampton. The men were all black and sons of Trinis. They were talking about racism by white people. And of course they are right we have a racism problem in Canada. And black ppl in particular seem to have a problem with the police when driving. However, after 20 minutes about racist white people, I realzied that the conversation seemed more about racism in general. And I said to the host, "you've been living here longer than me. And you know there is nobody more shameless, bold or agressive when it comes to racism than a black WI." He just smiled and stopped talking. They all did. They're not bad, ignorant ppl. They're decent ppl who were unbiased. They have seen what I have seen. And yes they are black and I respect them as friends because they are decent.

It seems to confuse some here when I say some of my best friends are black WI.
Well we have racist whites in Canada, we have the Arian Nation and the New World Order. However that doesn't stop me from being friends with decent, good, white people.

I can assume that the Africans on this site have close friends who are white or Indian but that won't stop you from criticizing  a racist Indian or white fool. As said before I will criticize any racist ass, including my own race. But that doesn't mean I can't show a proper human being - regardless of his race - the proper respect.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2013, 06:54:06 AM »

]Doh sweat the semantics nah pecan, just stay on course and don't get side tracked, if the word bitch offend yuh then i apologize.  :beermug: now lets move on.

as for me learning from white racist cops, easier said than done! allyuh fellas really deserve sainthood yes, since iz ah yuteman i noticing the dirty behavior of white cops especially here in the north east, and you want me to learn from them?? weh yuh smoking fella??

dem men is KKK in civil uniform bro. ah notice allyuh fellas in canada real naive when it comes to race relations in foreign dread, it's like allyuh just dying to belong, and extremely void of struggle.

i not suckin up to no fackin racist whiteman, is pure fackin hate for hate! doh tell me nothing weh yuh eh know about either. let me ask you this, have you ever experienced racism on ah daily up in canada??

as for jumbie, i dun wid he. that fella is pure meat and potatoes, no heights, and no objectivity exist in his Psyche, so why should i continue along that road. some men just eat too much pork and drink too much rum in their life, and dat kill their ability to levitate.

i like tuh dialogue with man who on ah level, as yuh know i am not a teacher, im just here to share. IMO fellas like jumbie, in order to reason with them they need to get ah serious mental makeover, talk about beatin ah ded horse.    it just eh worth it.

you miss my point.  Take lessons from the minorities who have gone before you to climb out of that pit. Not from the racist cops.

To answer your question: No.  But neither do I go looking for it. I always give people the benefit of the doubt. that is just the way I chose to approach these situations. And if they prove me wrong, the odd time I might challenge them. But more often than not, I say that is there problem and take a deep breath and move on. As long as their actions don't affect my efforts to achieve my goals, I chose to ignore them.

I have to agree with Bakes observation

On the real though JC I think you does let this racism thing affect yuh too much.

No issue with 'Stand and Fight'.  But if it leaves you exhausted and tired at the end of the day, always looking over yuh shoulder, then perhaps is time to find a different way to fight the fight.

If you keep doing the same thing over and over again and the results don't change, maybe is time to change tactics.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2013, 07:07:43 AM »

Bakes, my point is this (of course I am apprpoximating numbers based on 20 yrs of observation. We have about 400 thousand Afro Carribean ppl in TO. So 30 percent is a little over 100 thousand.  Now it might be a bit more or less but you talking about 100 thousand ppl. What is get me if I get vex and say Niggah dat or dis or beat someone black and call them racist names, the Afro WIs will probably kill me. But when they see their race doing it they are literally comatose. All dat mouth about racism is boil down like bagee.

Now if an afro WI wants to point out a specific case of opression in TO and it's true (some ppl regardless of background is see race every day, especially when they cant get their way) I will support him. However, if he wants to talk about opression from whitey. I have no intentions of pretending I don't see or know about the most obvious racism I see in TO.

One day I was at a BBQ in Brampton. The men were all black and sons of Trinis. They were talking about racism by white people. And of course they are right we have a racism problem in Canada. And black ppl in particular seem to have a problem with the police when driving. However, after 20 minutes about racist white people, I realzied that the conversation seemed more about racism in general. And I said to the host, "you've been living here longer than me. And you know there is nobody more shameless, bold or agressive when it comes to racism than a black WI." He just smiled and stopped talking. They all did. They're not bad, ignorant ppl. They're decent ppl who were unbiased. They have seen what I have seen. And yes they are black and I respect them as friends because they are decent.

Well we have racist whites in Canada, we have the Arian Nation and the New World Order. However that doesn't stop me from being friends with decent, good, white people.

I can assume that the Africans on this site have close friends who are white or Indian but that won't stop you from criticizing  a racist Indian or white fool. As said before I will criticize any racist ass, including my own race. But that doesn't mean I can't show a proper human being - regardless of his race - the proper respect.

VB

still anecdotal with no real back-up. You do realize that all arguments to support your hypothesis that 30% of Black WI are overtly racist, and 70% don't give a damn begin with phrases such as (paraphrased):

"A friend told me ..."
"I was on the subway and saw ..."
"I was at a BBQ and he said ... "

You honestly believe that Torontonians are afraid to speak up against rampant racist actions perpetrated by black West Indians?

You seeing things you want to see.

And you totally miss the point behind comments about your comment "some of my best friends are black WI".

Hint: go goggle the phrase "some of my best friends are X"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2013, 07:08:39 AM »
On the real though JC I think you does let this racism thing affect yuh too much.  Personally, I have come to accept that there are ignorant people in this world.  I have come to accept that they will say shit that offends me.  Sometimes I respond/react, most times I do not.  I have come to accept that those who say "it can only affect you if you let it..." talking shit.  Sometimes even though yuh try yuh best to tune it out, it will still affect you.  But you know what?  I have also come to accept that there's a plan for me and no man, or men... or who ever could prevent me from achieving what I am meant to achieve.  Everything else is small stuff, and I does try to not sweat the small stuff.

:applause:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2013, 07:30:16 AM »

VB

still anecdotal with no real back-up. You do realize that all arguments to support your hypothesis that 30% of Black WI are overtly racist, and 70% don't give a damn begin with phrases such as (paraphrased):

"A friend told me ..."

You honestly believe that Torontonians are afraid to speak up against rampant racist actions perpetrated by black West Indians?

And you totally miss the point behind comments about your comment "some of my best friends are black WI".

I think you reading what you want to read.

Anecdotal makes it false. Extract your head from your anus. Yes, I HAVE SEEN IT and I am now telling you. My friends and colleagues HAVE SEEN it and I am now telling you. I guess I should ignore all those black ppl who have tales of woe - anecdotal is it not.

Re. black friends - that was explained in the simplest of Engish I don't have to google a damn thing. If the explanation is over your head, that is not my concern.

I tired see blacks and Indians make racist commnets about each other and other races. Yet they have friends who are of those races.
Strange when the white man say "I have black friends, is a joke." But they dont' seem to fall into that category....Oh, that's right - they are not white - so they get a special pass when it comes to being ignorant.

No I do not believe Torontonians are afraid to speak up against ignorant, black racists. They do it on the occassion I have witnessed it in public.
What I have noticed is some of the white ones don't want to confront black ppl in general becz some black ppl in TO think that if they bawl they black loud enough and long enough it makes them right and everybody else wrong and don't want to degenerate into no racist rampage in public. For the same reason when those yutes was bawling coolie coolie on the bus I let it go.

If what I and others have observed is not enough for you bez it's "anecdotal" what de fk else you want. You think ppl could take youback in time and show you. But if a black man say he brudder say the police spit on him and called him nigger, you go accept that anecdote right.

So because I have decent black friends I should tolerate dotish, racist black ppl. I don't tolerate racist Indians and my family is Indian. But not surprisingly racism is bad when everybody does it but lets find an excuse for the black man - he opressed, he was beat down. Great Granddaddy was a slave, he come from a single paren household. But make sure to pong whitey and everybody else when they racist.

Btw, I was washing my hands in the washroom at Eaton's shopping centre downtown, a black fella just start to call meh coolie and turban head. I had to actually think what turban head mean. There was no reason for it. I would clock he ass but I had my little brother with me and I thought just in case I get stabbed or shot I cah have this yute by heself downtonw, stressed out so. So I walk out.
Yes, that's my anecdote, one of many. I eh have no video but I eh a black man getting harassed by whitey so le we fee free to tell VB is an anecdote.

VB
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:21:31 AM by vb »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2013, 07:42:54 AM »

VB

"A friend told me ..."

Anecdotal makes it false. Extract your head from your anus. Yes, I HAVE SEEN IT and I am now telling you. My friends and colleagues HAVE SEEN it and I am now telling you. I guess I should ignore all those black ppl who have tales of woe - anecdotal is it not.

Re. black friends - that was explained in the simplest of Engish I don't have to google a damn thing. If the explanation is over your head, that is not my concern.

I tired see blacks and Indians make racist commnets about each other and other races. Yet they have friends who are of those races.
Strange when the white man say "I have white friends, is a joke." But they dont' seem to fall into that category....Oh, that's right - they are not white - so they get a special pass when it comes to being ignorant.

No I do not believe Torontonians are afraid to speak up against ignorant, black racists. They do it on the occassion I have witnessed it in public.
What I have noticed is some of the white ones don't want to confront white ppl in general becz some black ppl in TO think that if they bawl they black loud enough and long enough it makes them right and everybody else wrong and don't want to degenerate into no racist rampage in public. For the same reason when those yutes was bawling coolie coolie on the bus I let it go.

If what I and others have observed is not enough for you bez it's "anecdotal" what de fk else you want. You think ppl could take youback in time and show you. But if a black man say he brudder say the police spit on him and called him nigger, you go accept that anecdote right.

So because I have decent black friends I should tolerate dotish, racist black ppl. I don't tolerate racist Indians and my family is Indian. But not surprisingly racism is bad when everybody does it but lets find an excuse for the black man - he opressed, he was beat down. Great Granddaddy was a slave, he come from a single paren household. But make sure to pong whitey and everybody else when they racist.

Btw, I was washing my hands in the washroom at Eaton's shopping centre downtown, a black fella just start to call meh coolie and turban head. I had to actually think what turban head mean. There was no reason for it. I would clock he ass but I had my little brother with me and I thought just in case I get stabbed or shot I cah have this yute by heself downtonw, stressed out so. So I walk out.
Yes, that's my anecdote, one of many. I eh have no video but I eh a black man getting harassed by whitey so le we fee free to tell VB is an anecdote.

VB

touched a nerve did I? and you continue to miss the point.

And I don't accept anecdotal and hearsay from anyone (regardless of race) who uses such evidence to make generalized statements about any group of people.  That is my issue with your statements. So take a chill pill and a deep breath and get on with your day.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:51:07 AM by pecan »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2013, 07:47:59 AM »

VB

"A friend told me ..."

Strange when the white man say "I have white friends, is a joke." But they dont' seem to fall into that category....Oh, that's right - they are not white - so they get a special pass when it comes to being ignorant.

What I have noticed is some of the white ones don't want to confront white ppl in general becz some black ppl in TO think that if they bawl they black loud enough and long enough it makes them right and everybody else wrong and don't want to degenerate into no racist rampage in public. For the same reason when those yutes was bawling coolie coolie on the bus I let it go.

VB

touched a nerve did I? and you continue to miss the point.

Yes, dotish ppl is get on my nerves sometimes.
But if anybody you know ever get beat down becz of their race, I'll try to take your anecdote seriously.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2013, 07:51:40 AM »
And I don't accept anecdotal and hearsay from anyone (regardless of race) who uses such evidence to make generalized statements about any group of people.  That is my issue with your statements. So take a chill pill and a deep breath and get on with your day.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2013, 07:59:12 AM »

So it eh real becz I tellin you I see it.
I have to wonder what kind of fool has lived in the GTA so long and is so clueless.
But your ignorance is not my concern.

Jackass if ppl tell you they see it with their own eyes, it eh true becz they telling you? I'll have to remember this the next time a black person bawling how they've been mistreated.  Afterall not everybody lucky enough to get tape like Rodey King right.  :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:14:07 AM by vb »

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2013, 08:25:39 AM »
Institutional racism evident everywhere....
as VB mention in Canada too.

My family and I face it since we leave TnT.
Canada full of blatant racists, and its evident everyday, ah bunch of racist Italians and under the rug white people here.

Haven't faced too much racism from any WI period, and if I had it's a couple ignorant Jamaicans, and a dotish Bajan woman....but NEVER Trinis
I in the GTA for 20 years, and racism has more often than not come from those of European descent.
The old school Canadians who been here for generation I find rell cool.

I remember coming here 92, racism was bad...
kids spitting in my sister's path when they walking

being called n***er, p*ki, C**lie, sp*c....I say fck and leave them to themselves, had to fight down kids and lucky cuz of meh size I win without even having to throw a punch.  A trini mouth is a powerful tool.
Institutional racism...sister being told she from a third word country and need to do easy classes like cosmetics....fyi she came from Convent and now a successful lawyer
I coming from CIC and they telling me since English not my first language, if I need esl...2 months later I represent the school in an all country academic event.
meh lil brother get sick of this country and gone back yes....I always hoped to do the same but now I get married and it seems less of a reality, anyway....we all face sh*t, If you don't consider yourself lucky.

lewee not fight each other, as cliche as it sounds. 
Not to specifically call out or offend but I bet you people like Just cool and VB would have been rell padnahs as kids cuz of the similarities, it sad once they grown up, those same people seeing the same traits as differences
whey boy!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2013, 08:43:02 AM »
Every one with their moderate view lemme ask allyuh something. did allyuh watch the clip on greenwooed tusla oklahoma?? and if yuh did, just answer me this.

if you were in this position where one day every thing was looking up and the next day your world was turned upside down to such an extent that not even the law of the land could have protected you just like these ppl in tulsa, tell meh, how would allyuh recover from that??

it have man here who willing to give grown men advice on how tuh conduct their lives only bc they take offense to when racial discrimination is confronted aggressively and unapologetically, but these same men really never experience full blown racism.

how could you advise ah man on something you are a stranger too? you have never walked a mile in that mans shoes but yuh ready to find fault with his method of survival.

i know for a fact that if anyone of you guys were ina position as the ppl in tulsa where the KKK came in and destroy all that yuh work for with reckless abandonment allyuh would need counsceling for the rest of yuhs life!

imagine man bawling bc couple ppl get man handled or beatdown by prejudice kids, could you imagine if they experienced running for their lives from the very ppl who has sworn to protect them while watching their friend and property perish @ the hands of ah whole racist town and nothing came of it.

imagine judges, police officers, fire fighters, lawyers, soldiers, men, women , children, doctors , dentist,  all these responsible people shooting down your friends and family like dogs in the streets, mother, father, brother, sister, grandmother , grandfather, infant niece and nephews, tell me after an experience like that if you wouldn't hate these fackers and never trust them again.

i see allyuh holding grudge for, and hate jamal shabazz with ah passion like he killed someone in allyuh family just bc he took part in the coup, so i eh want tuh hear no forgiveness talk, or else allyuh will have to forgive shabbaz as well.

same for 911, it's been five yrs and these white folks eh want tuh hear nothing bout no forgiveness nah, uptil now they hunting the taliban and they didn't have nothing to do with 911.

VB what's sayest you about greenwood tulsa oklahoma on may 31st 1921 ??

The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2013, 08:51:32 AM »

Canada full of blatant racists, and its evident everyday, ah bunch of racist Italians and under the rug white people here.

Haven't faced too much racism from any WI period, and if I had it's a couple ignorant Jamaicans, and a dotish Bajan woman....but NEVER Trinis
I in the GTA for 20 years, and racism has more often than not come from those of European descent.

being called n***er, p*ki, C**lie, sp*c....I say fck and leave them to themselves, had to fight down kids and lucky cuz of meh size I win without even having to throw a punch.  A trini mouth is a powerful tool.
Institutional racism...sister being told she from a third word country and need to do easy classes like cosmetics....fyi she came from Convent and now a successful lawyer
I coming from CIC and they telling me since English not my first language, if I need esl...2 months later I represent the school in an all country academic event.
meh lil brother get sick of this country and gone back yes....I always hoped to do the same but now I get married and it seems less of a reality, anyway....we all face sh*t, If you don't consider yourself lucky.

Not to specifically call out or offend but I bet you people like Just cool and VB would have been rell padnahs as kids cuz of the similarities, it sad once they grown up, those same people seeing the same traits as differences

Interesting comments. When I first arrived back in 85, I was at an international school. There were many Asians there, so they had them do a TOEFL exam to determine what grade to puth them in. They ask me to do the exam both my Mother and I explained that I was English and had gotten a distinction back home. They asked me to do it anyway and I got a hundred, I easilly got more than 80 percent in Grade XIII Eng (which no longer exists) this was brought down to 74 becz I never used to come to class.  ;D Minus 10% for class participation.
I never thought it was about race if you used to hear the kind of Eng. that used to come those Trinis mouth, I couldn't blame the white man for wanting to test them.  ;D

You know I used to live at Keele/Finch many yrs ago, the neighbourhood was heavilly Italian and the old school Italians FOB used to look the other way and be usually dickish - their kids were cool. When Indians and Africans started moving in, I was glad. Unfortunately a small portion of them put on hoods and start to harass ppl - Now K/F and Murray Ross etc is referred to as Ghetto. I lived there for yrs and it was a beautiful place. No, this is not about race, is about wassi.

PT, as said in my earlier post I will respect anyone based on how they conduct themselves and if they dotish I will call them on it.
JC has every right to feel upset about the way whites have treated blacks and that disgusting website he showed us. However, based on my experience many non whites (regardless of ethnic origin) are disgustingly racist ppl - they may not wish genocide unto others but they need a good cut arse.

VB

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2013, 08:56:18 AM »
Proud tribagonian, when i was a kid VB and i more than likely would not have been friends, for the simple fact that more than likely we would not have lived in the same neighborhood, or attend the same school,

and if we did live in the same neighborhood maybe VB's parents would tell him not to keep company with that nayger boy, being fearful of me leading him astray.

allyuh dun know how trinidad stay! IMO trinidad just as racist as the USA, the only thing is that the ppl with power and money is in the minority, so they cyar implement full blown racism bc they out numbered,

but if them white boy down in west morring was in the majority, you would see groups like the KKK, aryan nation and the white brotherhood, and they woulda dun raid and lock up half of laventille long time.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:07:00 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2013, 08:58:55 AM »
Proud tribagonian, when i was a kid VB and i more than likely would not have been friends, for the simple fact that more than likely we would not have lived in the same neighborhood, or attend the same school,

and if we did live in the same neighborhood maybe VB's parents would tell him not to keep company with that nayger boy, being of fearful of me leading him astray.

oh gosh ,ey lol ,

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2013, 09:04:29 AM »
JC,

at no point have I ever supported racism by anyone. If you read my posts you should know that.

What happened in Oklahoma was terrible and if you talking about white ppl do to black We would need about a million pages.

It does not however, allow non whites to savagely attack or racially abuse innocent ppl who have done them no harm.

My Grandfather was a member of parliament. The PNM do we all kinda ting, you see me with a chip on my shoulder with black ppl in TT. I chastise the PNM but not EVERY black man in TT.

I have no respect for the Indian govt. that allowed Indians to harass the Indo Chinese and which took away thier land and basically ran these poor ppl out of India. Although some families had been there for centuries and are citizens of India. I call it as I see it.

Have you ever heard what Burnham's govt did to the Indians in Guyana. Turning a blind eye to black ppl burning down the homes of Indians and taking their property and the police doing nothing about it??
You never will. Burnh. controlled the Press, Freedom of Speech was not allowed in Guyana and when the Indo Guyanese complained via TT and other countries - the black WI countries that thought apartheid was so terrible DID NOTHING. Finally Ralph Maraj, the ex TT Min. of foreign Affairs chastised all of the WI for this back in the 90s and nobody said a word becz if they tried to deny it - it would've been complete embarassment for a region that is very nonchalant about black racism. The UN got kicked out of Guyana TWICE becz they couldn't believe how the Govt. was impeding Indians from voting. My aunt was denied three times. On one occassion she was told she was dead.

Not surprisingly there are some very bitter Indo Guyanese, especially the older ones. I wonder if I had lived through that if I would be anti black as many of them are.

Can you imagine how stupid it would be of me becz of what my Grandfather experienced with the PNM and what Indo Guyanese experienced to be biassed against all African ppl?

I thank God for the mixed environment in which I grew up in, in  TT. Race was never an issue for us. But if you think I givng anybody of any race a pass becz of their history - FOK DAT. We have laws.. Wrong is wrong!!!

VB

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2013, 09:05:41 AM »

and if we did live in the same neighborhood maybe VB's parents would tell him not to keep company with that nayger boy, being of fearful of me leading him astray.

oh gosh ,ey lol ,
Quags, yuh may find that distasteful eh? but yuh know how much red skin and french creole ppl in my neighborhood told their kids not tuh play wid me, even some black bugios ppl forbade their children to keep company wid i.

come on bro, i is ah truth teller. all i do is tell it like it is.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2013, 09:07:34 AM »

oh gosh ,ey lol ,

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: So you know my family eh?? You know what my parents did and said when I was a kid. Boss you scarred and seriously so.
Well for your info I was the only Indian kid on the block so I really glad my parents never tell me to stay from the other kids. They didn't even blink an eye when I used to go swimming with the Rastas in Blue Basin.  ;D

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2013, 09:09:25 AM »

oh gosh ,ey lol ,
Quags, yuh may find that distasteful eh? but yuh know how much red skin and french creole ppl in my neighborhood told their kids not tuh play wid me, even some black bugios ppl forbade their children to keep company wid i.

come on bro, i is ah truth teller. all i do is tell it like it is.

I could see how you turn out so. So black ppl and all dodge you eh?
Is becz you black or how you behave?

Unlike you, I will not pretend that I know your childhood or parents. :)

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2013, 09:18:12 AM »

I have to wonder what kind of fool has lived in the GTA so long and is so clueless.

Jackass if ppl tell you they see it with their own eyes, it eh true becz they telling you? I'll have to remember this the next time a black person bawling how they've been mistreated.  Afterall not everybody lucky enough to get tape like Rodey King right.  :)

VB you still missing the whole damn point! Yuh passion affecting your reading comprehension! Look I point out the crux for you.

Take your time.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2013, 09:27:37 AM »

VB you still missing the whole damn point! Yuh passion affecting your reading comprehension! Look I point out the crux for you.

Take your time.

Never made a generalized statement a certain percentage of the Black WIs in Toronto shameles and many of them who may not do it - look on and prefer to run their mouth about white ppl. Strange that Pecan has no clue about this but when they come around me crying down whitey and I point out what I just said - all o' dem is shut dey ass. I have never met ONE BLACK PERSON in Toronto deny this. Maybe we should move to Pecan neighbourhood and take transit with his daughter.

I in Toronto over 20 yrs now. Take it how you want.

You ever wonder why the black Caribbean papers in Toronto happy to bad to write an article about racist white ppl but never about racist black ppl even when it gets reported in the news? Now I have been travelling immensely over the last few yrs so feel free to correct me when was the last time you a Black paper in Toronto talk about reverse discrimination. Is news - so they should have. Let me know if you see it.

VB
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:31:07 AM by vb »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2013, 09:37:18 AM »

Take your time.

Not passion - rather my observation and disgust after 20 of observing and experiencing. If a black man was living in the South US and say in his area most whites seem unconcerned my blatant racism. I am sure not one person here would question him about an anecdote or generalization.

What even worse is Pecan ask for examples and when I give him personal experiences this as* telling me is an anecdote. You have to wonder how much education or common sense some ppl hve had. Let's just pray his children never have to come home with an anecdote - Daddy mightn't take them seriously.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2013, 09:38:05 AM »
VB you said that Black WI is the worst racists in Toronto.. That is a sweeping generalization. You made these statements based on anecdotes and your personal estimation of 30%.

What you accurately mean to say is some portion of Black WI are also guilty of prejudicial behaviour some of which you have experienced yourself.

At the end of the day this is a whole different kettle of fish from what jus cool talking about and really have no bearing on this topic. Yes these crimes are heinous as well but understand their is a difference as Bakes point out earlier. I don't know if it would have been better to start a new topic as this is we cyber rumshop after all... but I just saying, it could have been an option. cool

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2013, 09:45:30 AM »

Not passion - rather my observation and disgust after 20 of observing and experiencing. If a black man was living in the South US and say in his area most whites seem unconcerned my blatant racism. I am sure not one person here would question him about an anecdote or generalization.

VB don't be ah arse nah, while I am also against generalizing and stereotyping whole groups of people, there is mountains of evidence and much more than anecdotal evidence concerning INSTITUTIONAL racism in the American South. Example, police target statistics as truetrini pointed out. Loan success rates, Job application success rates etc and so on. And yes reported attacks!

What even worse is Pecan ask for examples and when I give him personal experiences this as* telling me is an anecdote. You have to wonder how much education or common sense some ppl hve had. Let's just pray his children never have to come home with an anecdote - Daddy mightn't take them seriously.

VB he was asking for evidence to support your generalization and YES you came with anecdotes. Your stories show that those people acted in a violent and discriminatory manner. They do not support your generalization

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2013, 09:47:48 AM »
VB, look your generalizations right here. If those statements are not generalizations, then I concede to you.

In my opinion, it's only about 30% of the WI pop that are like this, 60% eh give one ass but too smart or educated to show it publicly and 10% totally don't support that behaviour.
VB

Bakes, my point is this (of course I am apprpoximating numbers based on 20 yrs of observation. We have about 400 thousand Afro Carribean ppl in TO. So 30 percent is a little over 100 thousand.  Now it might be a bit more or less but you talking about 100 thousand ppl.

Watch out for that chip on your shoulder. You are implying that it is not abnormal for 120,000 black WI to beat up on people in the TTC and another 240,000 who doh give a damn. If that is not a generalization, I stand corrected.

It is interesting that your posts directed at me have degenerated into passive aggressive ad hominem comments about me and my daughter. Take win.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2013, 09:48:52 AM »
VB you said that Black WI is the worst racists in Toronto.. That is a sweeping generalization. You made these statements based on anecdotes and your personal estimation of 30%.

What you accurately mean to say is some portion of Black WI are also guilty of prejudicial behaviour some of which you have experienced yourself.

At the end of the day this is a whole different kettle of fish from what jus cool talking about and really have no bearing on this topic. Yes these crimes are heinous as well but understand their is a difference as Bakes point out earlier. I don't know if it would have been better to start a new topic as this is we cyber rumshop after all... but I just saying, it could have been an option. cool

I agree with you partially but not totally. let's just say those anecdotes are first hand accounts. Now if you wish to dismiss the accounts of others I know - that's your choice but you see here in Toronto the Press seems almost afraid of reporting on black racism. The only time you hear about it is when somebody get beat or their relative etc.  This is why a lot of whites complain. Pecan is right about questioning why the Press wouldnt' do it. I am a journalist myself and I don't  know why. However, I don't work for the Toronto Press.

But this is one of the reasons I am disgusted by the whole situation.

A different kettle of fish - to some degree yes - but blatant disgusting racism exists and I'm not talking about verbal abuse but kicking ppl and calling them names or what the Indians did to the Chinese in India or the Fijians did to the Indians in Fiji. Yet most of us don't know what I'm talking about becz the victims aren't black.

VB

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2013, 09:51:03 AM »
Strange that Pecan has no clue about this but when they come around me crying down whitey and I point out what I just said - all o' dem is shut deya. I have never met ONE BLACK PERSON in Toronto deny this. Maybe we should move to Pecan neighbourhood and take transit with his daughter.

VB

Well is time you met my wife's family who are black and from Jamaica. I must be the token Indian they allow to marry dey daughter/sister/neice/aunty

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2013, 09:52:14 AM »

VB don't be ah arse nah, while I am also against generalizing and stereotyping whole groups of people, there is mountains of evidence and much more than anecdotal evidence concerning INSTITUTIONAL racism in the American South. Example, police target statistics as truetrini pointed out. Loan success rates, Job application success rates etc and so on. And yes reported attacks!

VB he was asking for evidence to support your generalization and YES you came with anecdotes. Your stories show that those people acted in a violent and discriminatory manner. They do not support your generalization

You want evidence - go to the Toronto police and ask them how many reports they have of blacks beating up non blacks (racially motivated). I eh doing your hw for you.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2013, 09:55:05 AM »
Strange that Pecan has no clue about this but when they come around me crying down whitey and I point out what I just said - all o' dem is shut deya. I have never met ONE BLACK PERSON in Toronto deny this. Maybe we should move to Pecan neighbourhood and take transit with his daughter.

VB

Well is time you met my wife's family who are black and from Jamaica. I must be the token Indian they allow to marry dey daughter/sister/neice/aunty

I don't know your family is it possible (i) that theyhave never seen it or (ii) they don't wish to discuss racist black ppl and reserve the conversation for Indians and whites?
Then again Indian you living in the GTA and have no clue what I talking about.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2013, 10:05:17 AM »
VB please don't trivialize the guyana affair like that, bc there's more to it.  :shameonyou:

truth be told, guyana had a riot along racial lines and the indians lost not that it made it right, of course forbes should have stepped in and prevent it from happening, but it did not serve his political agenda so he turned a blind eye.

under chadee jagan's administration black guyanese ate the bread that the devil knead, that sparked the existing resentment that the two ethnic groups had for each other that stemmed back from the colonial era. when forbes attempt to cease power fanned the flames even more causing an all race riot.

so don't make it out to be like one day the black guyanese population woke up on the wrong side of the bed and decided to attack the indo community. there was a lot of provocation and resentment on both sides and one day it spilled over due to US and british manipulation, but you're right about one thing forbes could have done something to stop it, but it did not serve his purpose since he and the CIA were the ones who incited this riot in order to over throw jagan and his marxist policies..

jagan also have to share some blame bc when he was the PM he encouraged indian racist behavior just like panday did during his administration.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 10:15:35 AM by just cool »

1]; } ?>