April 27, 2024, 11:16:44 AM

Author Topic: 40 make cut for Calypso fiesta 2013  (Read 901 times)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
40 make cut for Calypso fiesta 2013
« on: January 29, 2013, 12:25:36 PM »

By NEWSDAY STAFF Tuesday, January 29 2013THE Trinbago Unified Calypsonians Organisation (TUCO) yesterday announced its list of 40 contestants who would compete in the National Calypso Monarch semi-finals — a show commonly referred to as Calypso Fiesta — this Saturday at Skinner Park in San Fernando.

“These 40 contestants would compete for the right to compete in the grand final of what is the most prestigious calypso title in Trinidad and Tobago’s Carnival,” stated TUCO president Lutalo “Brother Resistance” Masimba, during a press conference at Kaiso House, Queen’s Park Savannah where the list was released to the media.

Defending National Calypso Monarch Duane O’Connor was present at Kaiso House and listened intently to the names of those selected to compete in the semis for a chance to move on to the finals and try and dethrone him. O’Connor later told Newsday that after hearing the names of the semi-finalists, he is confident that he will retain his title. “I feel great this year and I am sure that I will hold on to my title. The finalists will have to fight really hard to take my crown from me,” O’Connor said. The reigning champ noted that his two new songs for the finals are entitled, “Building the Wall” and, “Seeking Sparrow’s Advice.” The semi-finalists as announced yesterday at the press conference are:

Alana Sinette, Alex “Tobago Chalkie” Gift, Allan “Brother Mudada” Fortune, Anthony “Allrounder” Hendrickson, Carlos “Skatie” James, Devon Seale, Dillon “Dilly Suede” Thomas, Eric “Pink Panther” Taylor, Eunice Peters, Giselle “GG” Fraser Washington, Helon Francis, Heather Mc Intosh, Henson “Calypso Prince” Wright; Hollis “Chalkdust” Liverpool, Karen Eccles Thomas, Karene Asche, Khadja Antonie, Kizzie Ruiz, Kurt Allen, Lesley Ann Ellis, Lynette “Lady Gypsy” Steele, Marion Pamponette, Marsha “Lady Adanna” Charles, Marvah “Marvelous Marva” Joseph, Michael “Protector” Leggerton, Michael “Sugar Aloes” Osouna;

Michelle Henry, Myron Bruce, Nicole Thomas, Randolph “Count Robin” Willaire, Roderick “Mr Chucky” Gordon, Roslyn Reid, Sandra “Singing Sandra” Des Vignes Millington, Sean “D Psalmist” Daniel, Shamika Denoon, Sheldon “Nugget” Bullen, Terri Lyons, Victor “Mr Mack” Mc Donald, Victoria “Queen Victoria” Cooper and Winston “The Original De Fosto Himself” Scarborough.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:43:14 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

1]; } ?>