April 29, 2024, 10:37:16 AM

Author Topic: Sigi Schmid on Cordell Cato: 'We're not planning to bring him back in'  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sigi Schmid on Cordell Cato: 'We're not planning to bring him back in'
By Jeremiah Oshan (sounderatheart.com)

When Cordell Cato's name appeared on the list of players reporting to Seattle Sounders training camp, hopes were raised that the young Trinidadian might work his way back into the team's plans. But as each day passed without Cato in camp, those hopes slowly faded. At one point, Cato even voiced his frustrations on Twitter.

The latest sign that Cato's time with the Sounders may actually be through came from head coach Sigi Schmid's Friday teleconference.

"I think he's probably looking at some options elsewhere, but there are certain things that I'm not quite sure (about)," Schmid said. "Cordell and I had a discussion at the end of the season, so he knew what his situation was. The opportunity to come back and join us in camp was there.

Read More…
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sigi Schmid on Cordell Cato: 'We're not planning to bring him back in'
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 07:14:48 PM »
This is why I have reservations about our players and the MLS.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 08:13:30 PM »
I have issues with Zigi. He ZigZag!!!! Cordel is a good player. Look, Cordel,  get to hell outta there

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 08:16:14 PM »

Something has never felt right about MLS
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 08:18:58 PM »

Something has never felt right about MLS MSL MiSLed

Ditto!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 11:01:48 PM »
My yute, who the hell is your advisor and what is your next step? I hope it is not the tt pro league cemetery.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 07:11:55 AM »
Allyuh vex with Sigi and MLS, but it sound to me like Cato wasn't hungry enough. He done know he was on de bubble before the break. He just take that and disappear. Eh take no extra initiative over the break to prove his desire to stay. Just call to arks if things work out.  Laid back doh win yuh nothing out here. Coach phone shoulda be ringing steady.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 10:49:42 AM »
I got that too. Don't disagree that it comes across like that. However, to paraphrase Balo ... why always us?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 02:56:03 PM »
Allyuh vex with Sigi and MLS, but it sound to me like Cato wasn't hungry enough. He done know he was on de bubble before the break. He just take that and disappear. Eh take no extra initiative over the break to prove his desire to stay. Just call to arks if things work out.  Laid back doh win yuh nothing out here. Coach phone shoulda be ringing steady.

Cordel!!! Get out and look for something else.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 05:29:13 AM »
Sigi Schmid dam right, Cato need to communicate better.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 08:15:43 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zHiEbOlIuC4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zHiEbOlIuC4</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 09:01:01 AM »
I do not think you can fault MLS here. Most MLS teams would rather save their foreign allocation spots for players that can make an immediate impact. No I was not in camp, so I cannot comment on the players hunger or efforts. However, I know its difficult to accept but it is a reality. While so many are critical of MLS, as the old saying goes, if you don't like what is being done, do it yourself. So the alternative is for T&T to raise the profile / standard of its football league. Then maybe we can rival MLS, rather than be begging cap in hand.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 11:10:59 AM »
... yeah, but they surely didn't take him expecting him to make an immediate impact, did they? Previous reports coming from Sigi were positive and promising. Perhaps suggestive of a gradual upside? I doh know.

Also, then what's the purpose fuh us in MLS then ... the template everywhere else seems to be tempered expectations, provide a nurturing environment and groom players (even if they have to be loaned). MLS is seemingly a season to season odyssey of discard and re-arm with the new model ... who in turn will be put to pasture the next year?

There's got to be something "problematic" rooted in both the MLS approach and our player's readiness fuh that environment.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 11:57:31 AM »
... yeah, but they surely didn't take him expecting him to make an immediate impact, did they? Previous reports coming from Sigi were positive and promising. Perhaps suggestive of a gradual upside? I doh know.

Also, then what's the purpose fuh us in MLS then ... the template everywhere else seems to be tempered expectations, provide a nurturing environment and groom players (even if they have to be loaned). MLS is seemingly a season to season odyssey of discard and re-arm with the new model ... who in turn will be put to pasture the next year?

There's got to be something "problematic" rooted in both the MLS approach and our player's readiness fuh that environment.

Have our players proven 'ready' for any environment?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 11:59:57 AM »
Good video of Cato. Has really nice nippy winger skills. He'll go far and will get a T&T call up soon when he settles with a team. Doh sweat man. Message to the local players: Keep up the intensity with your current team, become knowledgeable of the game, get yourself a TRUSTED agent, market yourself always, have a professional-looking CV on hand and also have a video always ready, of your best stuff, for international and local consumption as a good break can come knocking any time.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:34:07 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 12:25:56 PM »
From that vid he seemd to have made that "immediate" impact!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 02:48:14 PM »
Thanks for showing the video. But the reviews before this fiasco used to be very positive. Yes, some of our players lack the "IT" to take them over the top, but this guy appeared to me at least, crossed that threshold.  He either fell off dramatically or wanted more money. I don't think he fell off. I think they don't want to give him more money or longer contract, whichever. Go Euro. Avoid Russia, though.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 12:15:35 PM »
Niceness, hope he get thru wid San Jose and score against the Sounders when dey meet.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>