April 29, 2024, 07:45:19 AM

Author Topic: Caribbean Premier League Thread.  (Read 54285 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Caribbean Premier League Thread.
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2013, 08:41:52 AM »
YOUNGEST PLAYER IN LIMACOL CPL OUT TO PROVE HIS WORTH

"ANY 17-YEAR OLD WHO HAS BEEN GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY SUCH AS THIS WOULD GRASP IT WITH BOTH HANDS AND THAT'S WHAT I PLAN TO DO."

Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago – 16 July 2013 – Most 17-year-olds in Trinidad & Tobago are either preparing for, or hoping to soon celebrate the completion of ‘A’ level exams; others are considering which university to attend, while some youngsters’ concept of forward planning consists of organising whatever fete is scheduled for Friday night.

Seventeen-year old Nicholas Pooran however, doesn’t have time to think about any of these things as he is too busy working on achieving some major career breakthroughs.   One of these is representing his country’s team at the inaugural Limacol Caribbean Premier League alongside cricket talents such as fellow Trinidadian Dwayne Bravo and franchise player Ross Taylor.

“Any 17-year old who has been given an opportunity such as this would grasp it with both hands and that's what I plan to do," says the ambitious young wicket-keeper batsman.

Truth be told, Pooran is always ready to make Trinidad and Tobago proud, whether it is playing against other West Indian players like Chris Gayle or his fellow countryman Kieron Pollard.  The Limacol CPL is Pooran’s opportunity to make his mark on the cricket arena under the watchful eyes of people around the region and the world.

Although he is the youngest player in the tournament, Pooran is no stranger to regional competition. He has represented his country in the Regional Under-15, Under-17 and Under-19 competitions and was also a member of the Trinidad & Tobago school boys’ Under-18 squad which won the International School Cricket Premier League Twenty20 competition. 

He also emerged from the 2012 Under-19 competition in Barbados as the leading glove man, snaring 14 dismissals in five matches during the three-day format.

More importantly, Pooran announced his arrival on the senior stage earlier this year with a handsome unbeaten 33 on Regional Super50 debut for Trinidad and Tobago in a 14-run victory over Windward Islands, and while he had only meagre returns in his remaining three games, his promise remained evident.

Commenting on this remarkable young man, David Williams, Assistant Coach for the Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel team noted, “… he is a tremendous player. He is also a very young man, so I think we would want to watch him closely, and make sure he does the right things.  With that talent, (I am sure) he has places to go.”

This Naparima College student, who plays for Clarke Road United in the domestic Premier League, understands the expectations that he has to live up to and does not plan to disappoint. 

"I want to prove to people that the selectors have made a right decision in picking me."

Pooran’s first opportunity to play will come on 31 July when the Red Steel face the Guyana Amazon Warriors at Providence Stadium.

The inaugural Limacol Caribbean Premiere League begins on Tuesday July 30 with 24 matches to be played across six Caribbean countries: Antigua, Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, St. Lucia and Trinidad & Tobago.   

The Queen’s Park Oval will host seven matches, including the two semi-final and final matches.

http://cplt20.com/news/youngest-player-limacol-cpl-out-prove-his-worth
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2013, 07:45:25 AM »
Sri Lanka Premier League (SLPL) Cancelled  ::) CPL im sure caused this

Lack of interest by prospective buyers to invest in the franchises has been the reason for the cancellation, he said.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/news/32522-slpl-cancelled--slc.html
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2013, 09:56:45 AM »
Money flowing boy   :o

SUPER INDUSTRIAL SERVICES LIMITED SPONSORS TRINIDAD & TOBAGO RED STEEL

"THIS PARTNERSHIP WITH THE LCPL IS SIMPLY A REFLECTION OF SIS’S ON-GOING COMMITMENT TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF YOUTH AND COMMUNITIES THROUGH SPORTS AND CULTURE"

Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago – 17 July 2013 – Super Industrial Services Limited (SIS) has signed on as the second sponsor of the Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel team for the upcoming Limacol Caribbean Premier League (LCPL) T20 tournament.

The official announcement was made yesterday at the Queen’s Park Oval by Darren Debideen, SIS Marketing Manager.  Also in attendance at the press briefing were Colin Borde, Manager of the Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel team, Kyle Lequay, LCPL Sponsorship Coordinator for Trinidad, Jamie Stewart, Commercial Director and Consultant to the Limacol CPLT20 and Red Steel team member Justin Guillen.

“This partnership with the LCPL is simply a reflection of SIS’s on-going commitment to the development of youth and communities through sports and culture,” said Debideen.  “We have been engaging communities, NGO’s, individuals and organisations for many years in an effort to leave our mark on the lives of the citizens of our country and the communities we represent as a company.  Most recently, we have just successfully concluded our fifth annual SIS Industrial Cricket League, an initiative that we conceptualised and introduced to the tenants of the Point Lisas Industrial Estate and which has grown significantly since its inception in 2009 due to its appeal and uniqueness to the Estate.  Plipdeco emerged winners of that competition this year and walked away with the $10,000 first place prize.”

Commenting on the partnership, Jamie Stewart said, “SIS is a company that provides services that are vital to the growth and future prosperity of the country. They are building legacy projects for the future and their support of the Red Steel in the inaugural LCPL season is another welcome addition as it links to the future of sport in the country and across the broader region.”

The inaugural Limacol Caribbean Premiere League begins on Tuesday July 30 with 24 matches to be played across six Caribbean countries: Antigua, Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, St. Lucia and Trinidad & Tobago.

The Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel’s first match takes place on Wednesday, 31 July in Guyana against the Guyana Amazon Warriors, and the first match at Queen’s Park Oval will take place on Wednesday 7 August when the Red Steel take on the Jamaica Tallawahs.

Caption: (L-R) Darren Debideen, SIS Marketing Manager, Justin Guillen, Red Steel Player and Colin Borde, Red Steel Manager

http://cplt20.com/news/super-industrial-services-limited-sponsors-trinidad-tobago-red-steel
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2013, 11:01:18 AM »
Players starting to fly out. Going to be big

LIMACOL CARIBBEAN PREMIER LEAGUE BRINGS IRELAND’S O’BRIEN “BACK WHERE IT ALL STARTED

“IT IS GREAT TO PLAY CRICKET IN THE CARIBBEAN. THE FANS ARE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND APPRECIATE ENTERTAINING CRICKET; THAT IS WHAT MYSELF AND T & T WILL BE LOOKING TO PROVIDE.”

Ireland all-rounder Kevin O’Brien cannot wait to get “back where it all started” when he links up with the Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel in the Limacol Caribbean Premier League later this month.

The 29 year-old, who scored the fastest hundred in ICC Cricket World Cup history when he reached three figures from just 50 balls on the way to 113 from 63 deliveries against England in Bangalore in 2011, has admitted it will be a “massive” tournament for him.

O’Brien and Ireland burst on to the international scene in the Caribbean at the 2007 ICC Cricket World Cup when the men in green tied with Zimbabwe and beat Pakistan in Jamaica to make the Super Sixes before recording another win against Bangladesh in Barbados.

It means the region has a special place in the hearts of all those involved in Irish cricket, and O’Brien is no exception when it comes to that love affair.

“It is always fun to go back to the West Indies,” he said. “St Patrick's Day 2007 was where it all started for myself and Irish cricket with that famous win over Pakistan. It announced Irish cricket to the world, and we had tremendous support not only from our own fans but the West Indies fans who backed us too.

“It is great to play cricket in the Caribbean. The fans are very knowledgeable and appreciate entertaining cricket; that is what myself and T & T will be looking to provide.”

Since 2007 O’Brien has gone from strength to strength and now stands as Ireland’s most capped One-Day International (ODI) player, the team’s vice-captain and someone capable of game-changing spells with his medium-pace bowling and destructive hitting of the sort he showed against England.

Form like that was enough to earn him a place in the Bangladesh Premier League earlier this year and he admitted the prospect of lining up again among some of the world’s best players over the next couple of months would be a big test for him.

“It is absolutely massive for me in terms of my career, but having said that I do not want to place too much pressure on myself,” he said. “It is going to be an excellent tournament with global exposure and I'll be looking to impress and improve as a player, and keep putting my reputation as a Twenty20 player out there on the world stage.”

O’Brien is looking forward to playing against players such as Chris Gayle and Ricky Ponting because he believes they will show him just how far his bowling has come on.

“You always want to test yourself against the best and these two certainly fit into that category.  There are going to be world-class players in every team so it is going to be a great challenge to play with and against them in the tournament, hopefully learn from them and improve my own game.”

The younger brother of Niall, wicketkeeper for Ireland, Kevin says he just wants to learn and improve as a cricketer, and that he is not going to put too much pressure on himself in terms of statistics.

“Hopefully I will make all-round contributions and T & T will be successful. I am looking to enjoy my cricket, play with a smile on my face and entertain. I am certain it will be a wonderful tournament.”

And what does he think of the prospects for the Red Steel in the inaugural event, with his side’s campaign getting underway with a match against Guyana Amazon Warriors at Providence Stadium on 31 July?

“Looking at our squad, it is full of world class players,” he said. “As well as Dwayne Bravo, Ross Taylor and Fidel Edwards, there is also Davy Jacobs, Samuel Badree, who been incredibly consistent, and Kevon Cooper, who had those stints in the IPL.

“We have got a lot of experienced and exciting players who I think will do well in the tournament. It is a great team to be involved with and hopefully we can turn in strong performances throught the competition.”

O’Brien will be helped by the fact that he has previous experience playing in Trinidad & Tobago, and can also rely on some reliable inside information of the venue and the region too.

“Our national coach Phil Simmons is from Trinidad and we (Ireland) played a series of games there in 2010 prior to the ICC World Twenty20 in the West Indies,” he said. “We spent a week there in a training camp and finished it off with Twenty20 games against Trinidad & Tobago. They won the first game by nine wickets but we gained revenge in the next match by the same margin.

“It is a really nice place to play cricket and I am looking forward to getting back to the Queen’s Park Oval. The pitches tend to be generally very good and conducive to exciting cricket which is what the fans want to see.”

The action will also act as perfect preparation for O’Brien’s return to international colours, with Ireland playing England in a ODI at the country’s new international venue, Malahide, on 3 September, before the side takes part in the ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier in the United Arab Emirates in October.

The inaugural Limacol Caribbean Premier League starts on 30 July in Barbados and concludes on 24 August in Trinidad.

http://cplt20.com/news/limacol-caribbean-premier-league-brings-ireland%E2%80%99s-o%E2%80%99brien-%E2%80%9Cback-where-it-all-started%E2%80%9D
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2013, 07:58:23 PM »
Youtube Channel

Offline jingleheimer_Schmidt

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2013, 08:17:35 AM »
Lol
They done know Steel pan going to win it...watch how the Semi final and final in the QPO.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2013, 08:10:05 PM »
Good evening everyone! Please be reminded of the following:

1. Tickets go on sale TOMORROW (July 22) at the following venues:
Digiwireless, Independence Square, Port Of Spain
Digiwireless, Chaguanas
Lollabee Cellular, Trincity Mall & Princess Town
Mobile Shack 14, San Fernando
U2 Connect, Penal
Courts Megastore
Queen's Park Oval

2. Tickets prices: Adults - $60 & Children - $30

3. There is no confirmed price for Trini Posse stand tickets

4. Cash transactions ONLY at the Oval

5. There is a purchase limit of TEN tickets per person
Youtube Channel

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2013, 03:44:10 PM »
dammit cash only!? Ah going tomorrow for sure
Back in Trini...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Caribbean Premier League Thread.
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2013, 04:27:59 PM »
dammit cash only!? Ah going tomorrow for sure

BREAKING NEWS: ‪#‎CPLT2013‬ tickets selling FAST! 2 Stands nearly old out. DON'T wait! Buy tickets NOW!

Players flying in .
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2013, 12:54:24 PM »
Red Steel warm up vs a TnT XI tonight at 7pm in the oval..i there once weather holds
Back in Trini...

Offline hg495

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2013, 12:34:27 AM »
would love to be there to watch some of that action. this should be exciting stuff.  maybe next year.
if yuh never get ah buss toe playing small goal den yuh never play football in trini when yuh was small hehehehe

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2013, 09:54:57 AM »
Red steel lost their warm up to the the TnT XI..couple dropped catches cost them.
Guillen and Cooper made runs for the Red Steel batting first to score 132
TnT chased it down with an over to spare i think
Back in Trini...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2013, 08:29:21 AM »
MISBAH-UL-HAQ COMES IN AS REPLACEMENT FOR LUKE POMERSBACH IN LIMACOL CPL

“WE ARE EXCITED MISBAH IS JOINING US AND LOOK FORWARD TO WORKING WITH HIM AS WE STRIVE FOR SUCCESS IN THIS INAUGURAL LIMACOL CARIBBEAN PREMIER LEAGUE,” SAYS MAYNARD.

Pakistan’s Test and One-Day International (ODI) captain Misbah-ul-Haq will replace Luke Pomersbach of Australia in the St. Lucia Zouks team for the inaugural Limacol Caribbean Premier League (LCPL) T20 Tournament which begins in a matter of days.  Pomersbach has been forced to pull out of the tournament on compassionate leave.

Misbah, who has been captaining Pakistan’s ODI side against the West Indies in the Caribbean, will immediately link up with the Zouks squad ahead of the side’s first match – the tournament opener - against the Barbados Tridents at Kensington Oval on Tuesday.

Misbah’s latest Twenty20 action saw him lead the Faisalabad Wolves to victory in Pakistan’s Super Eight T-20 Cup in March and he scored 189 runs at an average of 37.20 during the tournament.

“Although it is unfortunate that Luke Pomersbach will not be joining us, we have a high-quality replacement in Misbah ul-Haq,” said St Lucia Zouks assistant coach Matthew Maynard about the change to the squad.  “He brings with him a vast amount of experience of international cricket, something that will only be of benefit to our younger players, and his latest Twenty20 performance speaks for itself.  On top of that he has been in excellent form during the recent ODI series against the West Indies so he is completely acclimatised and match-ready and that is an added plus for us and for him.”

Misbah joins a well-balanced squad with experienced West Indies international players like Darren Sammy and Tino Best, as well as exciting young talents like Andre Fletcher, Nelon Pascal and Dalton Polius and high-quality overseas players Herschelle Gibbs, Albie Morkel and Tamim Iqbal.

“We are excited Misbah is joining us and look forward to working with him as we strive for success in this inaugural Limacol Caribbean Premier League,” added Maynard.

Misbah made his international debut in 2001 and since then has played 39 Tests, 125 ODIs and 39 Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is).

In those 39 Tests Misbah has scored 2419 runs at 43.19, including three hundreds and 18 fifties.  In ODIs he has a total of 3819 runs at 44.40 with 29 fifties, four of those half-centuries coming in the recently-concluded series against the West Indies, and in T20Is he has 788 runs at 37.52 with a strike-rate of 110.20 runs per hundred balls faced.

In each format of the game his statistics improved after taking over the Pakistan captaincy and he has led his country in 20 Tests, 51 ODIs and eight T20Is.

The inaugural Limacol Caribbean Premier League starts on 30 July in Barbados and concludes on 24 August in Trinidad.

http://cplt20.com/news/misbah-ul-haq-comes-replacement-luke-pomersbach-limacol-cpl
Youtube Channel

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2013, 08:35:04 AM »
with all these Pakistanis, I hope it don't shape up to be the most corrupt league cricket
whey boy!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2013, 08:40:30 AM »
with all these Pakistanis, I hope it don't shape up to be the most corrupt league cricket

That belongs to IPL & BPL
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2013, 04:00:47 PM »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2013, 05:23:14 PM »
LIMACOL CPL TRINIDAD & TOBAGO FRANCHISE IS SOLD!

XCITING DAYS AHEAD AS RED STEEL IS PURCHASED BY GLOBAL CELL PHONE CARRIER LYCAMOBILE

Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago – 25 July 2013 – Lycamobile, Europe’s largest Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO), has purchased the Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel franchise just days before the inaugural Limacol Caribbean Premier League (LCPL) T20 Tournament gets underway.

The global cell phone carrier, which boasts a market share of 30 million customers across 16 countries, will use its worldwide influence to enhance brand awareness of both the Red Steel team and the LCPL.

Lycamobile Group Chairman, Subaskaran Allirajah said:

“As Lycamobile’s presence expands across the globe, so too does the customer base we serve and interests they share. Lycamobile has a strong heritage in cricket as the sport captivates and unites many of our communities.

“We are incredibly excited to join the Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel team from the very beginning of their journey and look forward to growing with them through the series of prosperous and victorious tournaments to come.”

“We are absolutely thrilled that Lycamobile has joined the Limacol Caribbean Premier League franchise family,” said Damien O’Donohoe, CEO of the CPL.  “We think that the Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel franchise, indeed the League itself, is a good fit for Lycamobile because both parties embrace the values of hard work, tenacity in achieving its goals and delivering a quality product of the highest standard.  We trust that this partnership will be the catalyst for Lycamobile to establish its brand in the region, and expand operations into a very profitable market.”

The partnership also involves a minority ownership of Empire Media Group which boasts a number of high profile entertainment clients and, with Chairman Jon Talarico, looks to ensure a strong partnership.

Ajmal Khan, Chairman of Verus International and shareholder of the LCPL commenting on the sponsorship said, “The response from the corporate sector in Trinidad & Tobago has been fantastic and we are greatly encouraged that people share the vision and see the potential for this incredible tournament.”

Red Steel Team Manager Colin Borde believes this new development bodes well for the future of the team.

“A new owner of the magnitude and global experience such as Lycamobile sends a clear message that the LCPL, and by extension the Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel, is viewed as a vibrant, professional and progressive unit,” said Borde.  “This can only benefit all parties in this new age of technology and branding.  Red Steel is proud to be part of this new and expanded vision as this can only be good for the development of local and regional cricket.”

Avid cricket fan Cearn Bello concurs.

"As a long-time supporter of Trinidad & Tobago cricket, the idea of a Caribbean T20 tournament is welcomed,” said Bello who has followed the T&T Red Force to Barbados and St Lucia in their previous T20 Tournaments.   “What is even more pleasing is that an international company like Lycamobile would back the Red Steel team in this introductory tournament.  That should say something about our potential as a team.  We can do great things in T20 cricket, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes out of this partnership with Lycamobile.”

The inaugural Limacol Caribbean Premiere League T20 tournament begins on Tuesday July 30 and concludes on Saturday, 24 August.  The Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel’s first match takes place on Wednesday, 31 July in Guyana against the Guyana Amazon Warriors, and the first match at Queen’s Park Oval will take place on Wednesday 7 August when the Red Steel take on the Jamaica Tallawahs.  Trinidad & Tobago will also host the semi-final and final matches.

For more information about Lycamobile, log on to www.lycamobile.com.

Photo Caption: Lycamobile Group Chairman, Subaskaran Allirajah

http://cplt20.com/news/limacol-cpl-trinidad-tobago-franchise-sold
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2013, 11:19:46 PM »
went for tickets today...lady laugh at me when i asked if tickets selling quick..feel it will pick up but as of now u cud pick and choose which stand u want for ever match in trini
Back in Trini...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2013, 07:53:46 AM »
Rel paper passing boy

Richard Branson @richardbranson

Is this the greatest party in sport? Delighted @Virgin are supporting @ANUHawksbills in @CPL_T20 #cricket virg.in/PKW
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2013, 06:06:31 PM »
went for tickets today...lady laugh at me when i asked if tickets selling quick..feel it will pick up but as of now u cud pick and choose which stand u want for ever match in trini

People eh buyin 2 this like mehself.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2013, 06:55:16 PM »

Stueps weary that stadium go be full. Our game on Aug 7 tornament aint start yet. Digicel said tickets going fast so me aint know what going on there. Anyway you will be in the stadium once the vibes take yuh I betting you that. Doh underestimate Trini people and lime
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 06:57:24 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2013, 06:55:55 PM »
TV6 bringing it I doh know if that is a blessing or a curse
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2013, 07:05:20 PM »

Stueps weary that stadium go be full. Our game on Aug 7 tornament aint start yet. Digicel said tickets going fast so me aint know what going on there. Anyway you will be in the stadium once the vibes take yuh I betting you that. Doh underestimate Trini people and lime

Yea d lime will b nice witout me.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2013, 07:11:25 PM »

We shall see. I'll remember this post :)
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2013, 08:23:32 PM »

We shall see. I'll remember this post :)

I eh goin lime, orange or grapefruit

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2013, 04:55:56 AM »
TRINIPOSSE TICKETS GO ON SALE TOMORROW!

http://cplt20.com/news/triniposse-tickets-go-sale-tomorrow
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2013, 06:36:57 PM »
Caribbean Premier League set to rival IPL

Carnival Cricket will soon return to the Caribbean in the form of new Twenty20 tournament

It certainly does not have the financial muscle of the lucrative IPL, but on July 30th a new T20 tournament is set to take the world by storm.

The Limacol Caribbean Premier League as it is officially called, will be a mix of the much heralded Caribbean flair and international experience. The inaugural edition of the tournament, will see six teams compete, namely the Antigua Hawkbills, Barbados Tridents, Guyana Amazon Warriors, Jamaica Tallawahs, St Lucia Zouks and Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel.

The 15-man teams were compiled via a draft system, which included three Pools. Pool A consisted of 26 international players, both local and international, whereas Pool B consisted of six international players and 100 local players.

Under 23 players made up Pool C. If a player from Pool A was not selected in the first rounds of selection, they would drop into the next Pool, and so on. Players will be paid according to the Pool in which they are selected.

After all was said and done, coaches seemed pretty satisfied with the teams that they ended up with.  Notable West Indian and international players for the various teams include Marlon Samuels and Ricky Ponting for Antigua, Kieron Pollard and Shakib Al Hasan for Barbados, Sunil Narine and Mohammed Hafeez for Guyana, Chris Gayle and Vernon Philander for Jamaica, Darren Sammy and Albie Morkel for St Lucia, and Dwayne Bravo and Ross Taylor for Trinidad.

A total of 24 matches will be played in the tournament, which starts on July 30th and ends on August 24th. The teams look evenly matched, and one can only expect that the level of cricket will be at the highest standard.

Players like Chris Gayle, who has been uncharacteristically out of form this year, will have a lot to prove, as will a player like Ross Taylor.

The Tridents and Zouks will clash in the tournament opener, with West Indies teammates Pollard and Sammy coming up against each other.

An intense advertising campaign is well under way across the region, with the slogan, ‘We’ve Come to Play!’.  From Kingston to Castries via Georgetown, fans across the region have gotten on board, and the excitement is picking up with every passing hour.

If we will be treated with anything close to the type of Caribbean cricket that we are used to, then we will be in for a great next few weeks.

Sit back, relax and allow the LCPL to invade your living rooms, Caribbean style! We are all in!

http://www.givemesport.com/362744-caribbean-premier-league-set-to-rival-ipl
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2013, 03:25:49 PM »
BUSTA AND FRUTA NAMED OFFICIAL BEVERAGES OF LIMACOL CPL

http://cplt20.com/news/busta-and-fruta-named-official-beverages-limacol-cpl