April 28, 2024, 03:10:19 PM

Author Topic: Caribbean Premier League Thread.  (Read 54211 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Caribbean Premier League Thread.
« Reply #300 on: August 18, 2013, 04:07:49 AM »
Mohammed Hafeez boy....

Interesting to c that Ponting didnt lead d team like he did in d pass games

Wonder why....Samuels look ah lost man
is few games now he stop leading.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 18, 2013, 06:12:30 AM »
Hawksbill get dey back door kick in.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 18, 2013, 07:23:47 AM »
Hawksbill get dey back door kick in.

Just wrong.
That is a rape song. I protest!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 18, 2013, 07:24:52 AM »
Hahaha. Ironic too because is a Antiguan singer lol
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 18, 2013, 08:47:09 AM »
Kumar Sangakkara joins Tallawahs for final games of Limacol CPLt20

ST JOHN’S, Antigua – 18 August 2013 – Former Sri Lanka captain Kumar Sangakkara is set to link up with the Jamaica Tallawahs for the final stretch of the Limacol Caribbean Premier League (LCPL), organisers have confirmed.

The elegant 36 year-old left-handed batsman will take over from Pakistan top-order player Ahmed Shezhad, who is leaving to join the Pakistan squad on tour in Zimbabwe.

Sangakkara, who has played for three franchises in the Indian Premier League – Deccan Chargers, Kings XI Punjab and Sunrisers Hyderabad – becomes the fourth Sri Lanka player to join the LCPL following on from the signings of Muttiah Muralitharan (Jamaica Tallawahs), Mahela Jayawardene (Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel) and Lasith Malinga (Guyana Amazon Warriors).

Reflecting on his move, Sangakkara said: “I did not expect to be playing the Limacol CPL this year, but when Murali telephoned and asked whether I might be interested in playing for the Jamaica Tallawahs I jumped at the chance.

“To play alongside Murali again will, of course, be a great privilege and it will also be very exciting to bat with Chris (Gayle) rather than being his opponent.

“The Tallawahs have had a great season thus far and I hope I can make a positive contribution as we seek to win the inaugural tournament.”

Sangakkara brings with him not only that wealth of IPL experience but also a significant amount of international experience too.

He has played a total of 117 Tests, 354 One-Day Internationals (ODIs) and 45 Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is) and led his country to the final of the ICC World Twenty20 in England in 2009, where they were defeated by Pakistan at Lord’s.

Sangakkara was also part of the Sri Lanka side that again reached the final of the ICC World Twenty20 in his home country last October, only to be beaten once more, this time by the West Indies.

In Tests he has scored 10,486 runs at an average of 56.98 with 33 hundreds and 42 fifties while in ODIs his aggregate is 11,798 runs at 39.99 with 16 more hundreds, as well as 79 fifties.

In T20Is he has a tally of 1178 runs with a strike-rate of 120.08 runs per hundred balls and including seven fifties, while in all Twenty20 matches, domestic and international combined, he has played 138 times, scoring 3481 runs with 20 fifties and a strike-rate of 124.76.

The inaugural Limacol Caribbean Premier League runs until 24 August with the two semi-finals taking place in Trinidad & Tobago on 22 and 23 August and the final on the 24 August.

http://cplt20.com/news/sangakkara-joins-jamaica-tallawahs-final-matches-limacol-cpl
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:58:54 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 18, 2013, 09:23:41 AM »
1 plays 4
2 plays 3

Need to win to avoid playing Guyana in semi.

I think we may end up in fourth place regardless of a victory. Our NRR  isn't great and given our penchant for close finishes it doesn't look like it will improve much even if we do win.
Semis look set to be Tridents vs Tallawahs and Steel vs Warriors.

edit: But whoever we end up facing, the atmosphere in QPO is gonna be crazy!! Hopefully the crowd will spur us on !
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:26:10 AM by Michael-j »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 18, 2013, 10:43:09 AM »
If you had to add more teams. Which countries would you choose?

I would pick Grenada . Not sure who else I would pick.
Youtube Channel

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 18, 2013, 11:00:46 AM »
Grenada boy DHW?
I went a few games when I lived there..they wud be lucky to pull 3000 pple in a crowd there. I eh think they wud be a good fit, when school not in session there it is a dead zone. Then again CPL might be a good boost for the island
Yuh really put an interesting question. I can't think of any other island..maybe St Vincent?
Back in Trini...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 19, 2013, 11:54:39 AM »
ACTOR GERARD BUTLER SUPPORTS JAMAICA TALLAWAHS IN THE LIMACOL CPL

ACTOR HAS TAKEN EQUITY INTEREST IN THE TEAM

The excitement and fun of the Limacol Caribbean Premier League continues to appeal to Hollywood celebrities with officials announcing that actor Gerard Butler has taken an equity interest in the Jamaica Tallawahs team, and hopes to be supporting his team at the semi-final and final in Trinidad & Tobago.

“My good friend Ajmal Khan has been telling me about the Limacol CPL and I’ve had the opportunity to watch some of the matches.  It is obvious that this tournament is the home of the greatest party in sport so I wanted to get in on the fun,” said Butler.  “Having said that, as a Scotsman I definitely have an appreciation for cricket and I also recognise that the LCPL is a great combination of sports and entertainment.  I’m excited about joining the Jamaica Tallawahs franchise, and hopefully being a part of the team that wins the inaugural tournament.”

Ajmal Khan, Chairman of Verus International and Founder of the Limacol CPL stated, “Celebrities owning sports teams is nothing new but to have two Hollywood actors taking a vested interest in cricket teams is quite novel.  The Limacol CPL continues to attract that ‘star power’.  I think it’s a testament to the quality of the tournament, the carnival party atmosphere, the music, the entertainment, the fans, and the experience that only the Caribbean can deliver.  We’re just a few days away from the semi-finals and final but the interest in, and desire to be a part of the Limacol CPL is still there because the tournament just keeps getting better with every game that’s played.  I am excited to have my good friend Gerry come to the Limacol CPL to join the party.”

“We are thrilled that Gerard has seen the enormous potential of the Limacol CPL and has taken an equity interest in the Jamaica Tallawahs,” said Limacol CPL Chief Executive Officer Damien O’Donohoe.  “Now that the tournament has actually started, I think more people are realising its global appeal, and how it is an experience like no other.  Celebrities such as Gerard further raise the profile of the tournament, and expand the fan base to reach new markets.  We look forward to seeing the many ways in which this partnership will benefit both Gerard and the LCPL.”

Butler’s next movie, How To Train Your Dragon 2, comes out in 2014.  He is best known for his roles in films such as Olympus Has Fallen, 300, Law Abiding Citizen, The Ugly Truth, P.S. I Love You, and sports themed movies - Chasing Mavericks (surfing) and Playing for Keeps (soccer).   

The inaugural Limacol Caribbean Premier League began on 30 July in Barbados, and concludes on 24 August in Trinidad.

http://cplt20.com/news/actor-gerard-butler-supports-jamaica-tallawahs-limacol-cpl
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 19, 2013, 01:06:29 PM »
Guptil injured broken finger. He is out of Guyana team for the rest of the tournament.
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 19, 2013, 01:23:07 PM »
hmmmm cud be a benefit to us..tickets for all stands were still available at the oval today..but they were goin fast
Back in Trini...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 19, 2013, 03:02:08 PM »
Finals are completely SOLD OUT.

FEW Semi Finals tickets left (For all stands EXCEPT Carib)

FEW TriniPosse tickets left for semis & finals. Call All Out sports Bar & Grill for ALL details about TriniPosse! 622.6730
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 20, 2013, 07:52:44 AM »
Tillakaratne Dilshan joins Guyana Amazon Warriors as replacement for injured Martin Guptill  :(
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 20, 2013, 08:06:59 AM »
DILSHAN JOINS GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS AS REPLACEMENT FOR INJURED MARTIN GUPTILL

EX-SRI LANKA CAPTAIN HAS AGREED TO TAKE OVER FROM THE INJURED MARTIN GUPTILL FOR THE GUYANA AMAZON WARRIORS.

ST JOHN’S, Antigua – 19 August 2013 – Ex-Sri Lanka captain Taillakaratne Dilshan has become the latest Sri Lanka player to link up with the inaugural Limacol Caribbean Premier League (LCPL) after agreeing to take over from the injured Martin Guptill for the Guyana Amazon Warriors.

The dynamic right-hander, who has played for the Delhi Daredevils and the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League, is set to step in for Guptill, who broke a bone in his right hand against the Antigua Hawksbills on Saturday night.

The 36 year-old Dilshan is the fifth top-class Sri Lanka star to sign up for the event, following on from Muttiah Muralitharan and Kumar Sangakkara (Jamaica Tallawahs), Mahela Jayawardena (Trinidad & Tobago Red Steel) and Lasith Malinga (Guyana Amazon Warriors).

Dilshan brings with him a wealth of experience with 87 Tests, 267 One-Day Internationals and 50 Twenty20 Internationals to his name.

He has scored a total of 34 international hundreds, including one in T20Is, against Australia in Pallekele in 2011. That innings, an unbeaten 104, occupied just 57 balls and included 12 fours and five sixes.

Dilshan was also named player of the tournament in the 2009 ICC World Twenty20 when Sri Lanka finished as runners-up to Pakistan and during that event he pioneered the shot that has become known as the ‘Dil-scoop’, an audacious flick-cum-sweep over both his and the wicketkeeper’s heads.

In addition to his blazing batting, Dilshan has also shown himself to be a canny operator with the ball. He has 35 wickets in Twenty20 cricket and a total of 120 wickets in internationals.

Guyana Amazon Warriors coach Roger Harper said: “While it is sad to lose a player of Martin Guptill’s ability at this stage of the tournament, we are delighted to have secured a top-quality replacement in Tillakaratne Dilshan.

“He offers so much to any side he plays for, as an attacking batsman, a useful bowler and also someone who is outstanding in the field.  We look forward to him linking up with us ahead of Thursday’s semi-final and his big-match experience will be a great asset to us.”

The inaugural Limacol Caribbean Premier League runs until 24 August with the two semi-finals taking place on 22 and 23 August and the final taking place in Trinidad on successive days from 22 August.

http://cplt20.com/news/dilshan-joins-guyana-amazon-warriors-replacement-injured-martin-guptill
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 20, 2013, 09:21:39 AM »
They manufacturing seats in the oval or what?

Tickets for Finals start selling at the Oval Wed Aug 21 at 9AM. LIMITED available!! 5 tickets per person ONLY.  TT$100  (no kids prices)
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 21, 2013, 08:27:42 AM »
Official

ALL #CPLT2013 tickets for this weekend are SOLD OUT

Sold out for Semis and Finals.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:54:27 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 21, 2013, 12:51:30 PM »
Hmm scared :(

Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 22, 2013, 06:42:45 AM »

Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 23, 2013, 11:01:55 AM »
The flashing stumps. Is called the Zing. It's an Australian invention. Debut in the Big bash League

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2aS7NvPGUWU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2aS7NvPGUWU</a>
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 11:05:09 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 23, 2013, 02:55:02 PM »
link for today's game?

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 23, 2013, 04:57:52 PM »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 23, 2013, 05:41:23 PM »
Backing Pollard today
Youtube Channel

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 23, 2013, 05:42:09 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3txTd8_YVaE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3txTd8_YVaE</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 23, 2013, 09:23:19 PM »
Hmmm backing JA for the final
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 23, 2013, 11:09:39 PM »
butler looked drunk no tail tonight...glad JA got the win..shud be a good final
Back in Trini...

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 24, 2013, 01:32:40 PM »

wha da mean, yuh really want Guyana to win?  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Caribbean Premier League Thread.
« Reply #327 on: August 24, 2013, 01:59:56 PM »

wha da mean, yuh really want Guyana to win?  ;D

.  Never backing Guyana they too nasty. They fans too.

Did you see Russell buss them Sixes last night? The man doh like to waste time boy.
Youtube Channel

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 24, 2013, 02:54:48 PM »
Ah lose whatever zeal ah have after de steel had a meltdown Thur and ah had to wake up early fri AM to boot
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 24, 2013, 02:58:25 PM »
I wasn't expecting anything. I get over after. We deserve what we get.

Highlights

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lG0FWOYRSMU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lG0FWOYRSMU</a>
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:00:29 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>