March 29, 2024, 07:18:05 AM

Author Topic: From Trinidad and Tobago to Thailand: A football odyssey  (Read 1112 times)

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
From Trinidad and Tobago to Thailand: A football odyssey
« on: February 13, 2013, 08:46:59 AM »
From Trinidad and Tobago to Thailand: A football odyssey
By Matt Riley (thaileaguefootball.com)

Kendall Jagdeosingh, or “Jaggy” sat down with Thai League Football to tell us how a man capped seventeen times by Trinidad and Tobago came to be play in the Thai Premier League.

Thailand is seen by many as one the most beautiful countries in the world, but you come from a place some people see as even more attractive. Have you found it difficult to be away from your family and those beautiful islands?
Well, I left my country when I was twenty one and apart from that my wife and youngest daughter live in America and my other daughter lives in Trinidad. I have been away from my wife and youngest daughter for a while now. Being in America was easier because I could see them once a month for like a weekend or five days. So being away from them is difficult but this is my job and my wife understands (even though she gets frustrated a lot!) It is all part of the sacrifice now so that everything can be better later.

If you can settle here would you think of bringing your family over, or would you continue to support your family back home?
At the moment, the plan was that they would be here, but my youngest daughter goes to school in Trinidad. My wife is finishing at college this year. They will come over for two months in the summer which will be great, but as soon as she finishes in college we can plan for the future. But who knows what the future holds. When I came last season they offered me a two year contract. They offered me a new deal at the end of last season so we will see how the season goes.

Read More…
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: From Trinidad and Tobago to Thailand: A football odyssey
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 12:03:26 PM »
Serious sacrifice to make all round yes, press on Jaggy, more to come for you!
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 12:58:21 PM »
Perhaps one day we'll benefit from all the journeymen who are getting to observe the world's game in every corner of the globe. It could help them as coaches later.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 03:57:58 AM »
Apart from which relll hoes in Thailand...jaggy if yuh taking ah browse..it hv a place called 'the Salad bar' in Bangkok...yuh walk in...take ah seat on de bar stool which looks like a toilet seat...and for 20 us dollars yuh could drink anything yuh want and hv 3 asian persuasions toss yuh salad amongst other things...yuh could score endless goals there
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 04:02:41 AM »
Apart from which relll hoes in Thailand...jaggy if yuh taking ah browse..it hv a place called 'the Salad bar' in Bangkok...yuh walk in...take ah seat on de bar stool which looks like a toilet seat...and for 20 us dollars yuh could drink anything yuh want and hv 3 asian persuasions toss yuh salad amongst other things...yuh could score endless goals there

Yuh good boss, I went BK a few times, never heard about that.  ;D
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 07:48:42 AM »
ent he used to play with islanders?  i had always like jaggy. i hope things work out well for him...it hadda be hard to be away from his chirren

1]; } ?>