March 28, 2024, 01:09:32 PM

Author Topic: Who are some of the teenagers to ever represent at the senior level for T+T  (Read 2864 times)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I will start with Timothy Haynes 17yrs, Jan Steadman 15yrs, Leroy Deleon 15yrs, Gally Cummings 16yrs, Warren Archibald 16yrs, Booby Sookram,Dwight Yorke...can anybody else help me out ?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Clint Marcelle - 15
Marvin Faustin and Hutson Charles were 18 or 19

Ali, the GK from Mucurap who made his debut around 1985. He was still in Highschool so I know he was a teenager.

Ronald Simmons - 18
Dexter Skeene - 18
Anton Corneal - 16
Alvin Corneal - 17
Derek King - 18

Latapy and Dwarika were in their 20th yr when they made their debut. But although I believe they were 19, unable to confirm.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Akeem Adams (16)
Lyndon Andrews (19)
Andre Boucaud (19)
Daneil Cyrus (19)
Sean De Silva (19)
Arnold Dwarika (19)
Shawn Garcia (18)
Jamal Gay (19)
Khaleem Hyland (18)
Kerwin Jemmott (19)
Stern John (18)
Joevin Jones (19)
Kenwyne Jones (18)
Gyasi Joyce (19)
Derek King (19)
Irasto Knights (19)
Darin Lewis (19)
Clint Marcelle (15)
Travis Mulraine (18)
Lester Peltier (19)
Anton Pierre (18)
Robert Primus (18)
Addae Rique (18)
Cory Rivers (19)
Steve Sealy (19)
Silas Spann (18)
Shahdon Winchester (18)
Brian Williams (19)
Daurance Williams (19)
Jan-Michael Williams (18)
Anthony Wolfe (19)
Dwight Yorke (16)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Young players..I believe in youth.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I was now coming to put Brian Williams.

Lawd, how I could forget the Dread Medusa.

VB

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The majority of young players who represented the red white and black made the most impact in their younger years. The exception was the 2006 team which was managed by Beenhaaker who locked them into a defensive system..play behind the ball..that's why old seasoned veterans were used...  they played enough football to know how to stay in a particular part of the field and guard that space ..they were also very composed and took there time and played a slow deliberate brand, in so doing the game is slowed.. his intention.. not lose the game. That's why we didn't last in the Gold Cup. The objective is to win, take chances...young players provide that for your team..it's only natural.

Dumplingdinho

coache one of the men yuh does "beat down" on the forum was a teenager when he played for the senior team in the sheel cup qualifying round...ask amwood he might be able to tell you who it is.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I feel the man yuh talkin about is not a striker was he a defender by trade?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I know quite a few who rep TT at the youth level(19 going on 20). Earl Carter, Curtis Murell, Michael Grayson, Kendall Walkes, Winston "Tom" Phillips. They all went to 75 PanAm games. They were are 18,19,20. I know Ian Bain and Alvin Henderson rep TT against England after they just left Saints. Trevor Leiba, Ron Laforest, Leroy Spann, Peter Mitchell all rep TT around 19,20.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
I agree that emphasis should be placed on youth development throughout the country. In fact a significant amount of resources should be directed towards this area. Our best 'coaches' should actually operate at the youth level as we seek to develop players mental physical and technical attributes.

As far as the senior team goes I think the best player should play regardless of age. Once a player is in form and fit, available and committed to play we should him on his merits alone. We do not have the luxury of discarding players or of adopting a Wengeresque idealism.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who are some of the teenagers to ever represent at the senior level for T+T
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 09:05:48 PM »
Jah you are so right..we can pick a team of all the best players true..my question is ..on what basis would we use to determine who is the better player. It's not like long time when there was no question who these players were ? Can you name these players and tell on what basis ? I am saying I could do just as well or better with a group of young players between 17-28yrs. Football is football and there are quite a few decent players in Trinidad and Tobago in that age bracket.
I know there was an under 23 team that did well in the Pan Am games not too long ago ..what about those players how long do they they have to wait? I know some of them are actually representing the senior team already.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 11:38:41 AM »
Dexter Sandy was included in our national team while we were still schoolmates in QRC....he was about 15 at the time.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 11:48:46 AM »
am saying I could do just as well or better with a group of young players between 17-28yrs. Football is football and there are quite a few decent players in Trinidad and Tobago in that age bracket.

Coache, who are these players? Give us a few names.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 06:19:58 PM »
Dexter Sandy was included in our national team while we were still schoolmates in QRC....he was about 15 at the time.

Yuh sure?
I was in TT then and I would've remembered this.
Did he train with the team or actually get picked for a match?

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 07:40:52 PM »
Anybody remember a youthman nsme, Sterling Raphael? Went to Barataria Comprehensive early eighties. Ah think he play NT as a youth.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 09:16:00 PM »
Alvin Corneal selected three schoolboys to make their debut vs Barbados around late '81 or in 82.

The were Ronnie Simmons, Fatima; Dexter Skeene, CIC; and a defender from QRC just can't remember his name.

VB

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 09:10:27 AM »

Yuh sure?

To the best of my memory, it was supposed to be for a game that was played wither at the Stadium or the Oval....I had heard at the time (I was away from school for a brief) he had missed classes for training as well....I shall get in touch with him to confirm....or deny..

Alvin Corneal selected three schoolboys to make their debut vs Barbados around late '81 or in 82.

The were Ronnie Simmons, Fatima; Dexter Skeene, CIC; and a defender from QRC just can't remember his name.

VB

I wonder if it may have been Junior Noel.....or Dixon Modeste?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 08:41:15 AM »
Dexter relayed a message to me that he had been playing for both our senior and U-19 teams when he was in Form 4.....which would put him at about 15-16 at the time....I am going to get back in touch with him for more details.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 09:56:40 AM »

Yuh sure?

To the best of my memory, it was supposed to be for a game that was played wither at the Stadium or the Oval....I had heard at the time (I was away from school for a brief) he had missed classes for training as well....I shall get in touch with him to confirm....or deny..

VB

the defender from QRC was Lester Charles better known as AD.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 10:12:17 AM »

Yuh sure?

VB

the defender from QRC was Lester Charles better known as AD.

...yuh know that was really the first person that came to mind but considering the year (81-82) and the nature of the thread possibly looking to the "younger" teenagers, I was thinking it mighta been either Junior or Dixon.  AD had to have been in upper 6 at that time.   :beermug:

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 10:32:20 AM »
Tallman...please add total number of caps next to the age....it would be interested to see how many young players are able to maintain and stay at the senior level or are they getting capped and then falling by the wayside.......

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 07:50:52 PM »
The majority of the players fell to the wayside..

1]; } ?>