April 24, 2024, 11:25:15 AM

Author Topic: How would I prepare for WC 2018 if I was in Charge of T+T MNT  (Read 3541 times)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How would I prepare for WC 2018 if I was in Charge of T+T MNT
« on: February 19, 2013, 10:10:56 PM »
Gentlemen I am throwing out this one for feedback..what would be the steps you would take in order to get your team to the World Cup in 2018 if you were paid $1mTT per year ?

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How would I prepare for WC 2018 if I was in Charge of T+T MNT
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 07:01:40 AM »
first of all you will not coach the team
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 07:27:06 AM »
you getting ah million, but what kind of compensation the players getting. Especially the local ones.  I concern about them first before I pick ah coach.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 07:43:05 AM »
I would ensure that the past U23 and U20 teams as well as the current U17 teams are given some international exposure. These are the players that should make up the bulk of the Senior team in the next 3 years.
Might make sense to keep these teams together for a bit longer and see who from them will make the step up to the Senior Team. Reason being that the Senior team can only realistically have 25 players max. That is not enough of a talent pool.

25    Senior Team
25   U23 (those who have not made senior team yet)
25   U20
25   U17
100 players in your talent pool to pick from in 3 years.

There will be players that will play above their age group, but that opens up room for players that might not have been normally exposed to National Level training and could be late bloomers. For example there are two player right now on the U17 that played with the past U20 team. I say leave them up there and expose another two U17 players that might have been left out of the squad all together. With proper training for three years who knows where these players could reach.

Then.... send the respective National Coaches to Tobago once a week to work with the same age group teams. U17, U20, U23 and Senior. The same principle applies. If the Tobago players get that level of coaching for three years, who knows how many more of them could make the squad. At the moment the U17 team identified 4 players from Tobago, the problem is that they cannot train in Trinidad three or four days a week as they have exams. if you have a Tobago U17 team training then the coach could come and work with them once a week. Not only do the 4 selected players continue to train at that level, but the others as well and they might just grow and surprise you with three years of National level training.

That also increases the talent pool by 100% for each team, for the cost of one plane ticket a week.(and the airport now open till 2am so no sleep overs needed, no hotel or extra charges)
I also believe that it is easier to travel and coach than it is to travel and train.

Don't know who footing the bill for that though.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 11:26:02 PM »
Rastaman you are a serious man. A man with knowledge and understanding. You are well aware of the task ahead and is on the right track to building a team for 2018.
I would like to say that I too would be looking at the same groups of players that you are looking at except I would use an evidence based selection criteria. With the use of SPSS statistical software, a true evaluation of player strengths,weaknesses,fitness level can be revealed from the data without selector bias.
From the monies provided the trips to Tobago would be funded.
I would also have assistant coaches,trainers and specialized support staff to include volunteers. By this I mean Statitician,Dietician, physician,Dentist,Chiropractor,Physical Therapist,Athletic Trainers.
After the selection criteria have been established..you mentioned that players could and would improve with time.
I have put in place a program to bring about improvement in a timely manner by implementing something called Game Fitness Sustainment and Game Speed Optimization.
Selection for the first team would be a dynamic process in the beginning but would taper off and stablize as players become more comfortable.
Players would become more comfortable after the Indoctrination phase which is necessary for each player to learn the fundamental aspects of Team Building.
After this phase Role players would be identified.
Implementation of team tactics,inclusion of foreign players would be the next phase. It is only after this phase the first International Friendly would be played.
Then preparation for Regional cup/ WC qualifiers, by this time achieving our Final Objective would be in sight.  I have no doubt that with this kind of preparation there is nothing else but success.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 05:28:03 AM »
 Arrange for the boys to get good jobs and make sure they save hard.
Arrange with TTFF , CAL or go online early and buy cheap tickets for the games , push hard for some semi final or final tickets. For accommodation buy some tents and sleep in the desert to save money.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 09:32:10 AM »
I would ensure that the past U23 and U20 teams as well as the current U17 teams are given some international exposure. These are the players that should make up the bulk of the Senior team in the next 3 years.
Might make sense to keep these teams together for a bit longer and see who from them will make the step up to the Senior Team. Reason being that the Senior team can only realistically have 25 players max. That is not enough of a talent pool.

25    Senior Team
25   U23 (those who have not made senior team yet)
25   U20
25   U17
100 players in your talent pool to pick from in 3 years.

There will be players that will play above their age group, but that opens up room for players that might not have been normally exposed to National Level training and could be late bloomers. For example there are two player right now on the U17 that played with the past U20 team. I say leave them up there and expose another two U17 players that might have been left out of the squad all together. With proper training for three years who knows where these players could reach.

Then.... send the respective National Coaches to Tobago once a week to work with the same age group teams. U17, U20, U23 and Senior. The same principle applies. If the Tobago players get that level of coaching for three years, who knows how many more of them could make the squad. At the moment the U17 team identified 4 players from Tobago, the problem is that they cannot train in Trinidad three or four days a week as they have exams. if you have a Tobago U17 team training then the coach could come and work with them once a week. Not only do the 4 selected players continue to train at that level, but the others as well and they might just grow and surprise you with three years of National level training.

That also increases the talent pool by 100% for each team, for the cost of one plane ticket a week.(and the airport now open till 2am so no sleep overs needed, no hotel or extra charges)
I also believe that it is easier to travel and coach than it is to travel and train.

Don't know who footing the bill for that though.

Tobago needs to run parallel select teams to those being run in T'dad. That is U15-17-20 etc.
No excuse not to train a minimum of 4-5 times a week in Bago. (passage & fed where necessary at TTFF expense daily).
Where possible these teams should play in the Senior Men's League in Bago.
Travel to T'dad once a month for games & evaluation. If too expensive National coach visit once a month. Travel every 2nd month in
Year 1
Year 2, X # of Camps in T&T for 10-14 days, games vs National selects.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 10:20:45 AM »
It is clear that all but two of you have given the topic any serious thought or consideration. In doing so however, one would come to realize the the implications involved and would tend be more realistic in one's outlook for the future.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 10:35:10 AM »
It is clear that all but two of you have given the topic any serious thought or consideration. In doing so however, one would come to realize the the implications involved and would tend be more realistic in one's outlook for the future.

Yuh sure?

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 02:12:59 PM »
Asylum seeker you make it three.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 05:09:53 AM »

Coache I think my suggestion have the most merit if the goal is to reach WC 2018.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 06:17:17 AM »
STEP ONE

Fire, Anton, Shaun, Gorden, Shabazz, Charles and Tim Kee.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 08:56:04 AM »

Coache I think my suggestion have the most merit if the goal is to reach WC 2018.

Hahahahahaha, you real idle yes, I now gone back and read your suggestion :)

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 04:48:11 PM »
Pardner ..you have hit the nail on the head. In other words what you are saying is that we have a leadership problem. What Trinidad football needs is real leadership. Leadership with a fresh vision for the future of Trinidad and Tobago Football. Money isn't everything. We always throw money at our football when we trying to qualify for something.
What we need is ideas.. money is not the answer..all the money in the world with no real planning will get us nowhere. I can guarantee that. We qualified for 2006 because money was thrown out at the time when qualification was highly probable.
Leadership with integrity.
 Integrity is a bad word in Trinidad Football . I feel that some or most of the people you have mentioned do have integrity, but integrity without testicular fortitude is no good either because with integrity should come courage to do what's right.
Leadership with a long term vision and a philosphy that is on par with the best in the world.
The vision of the leaders should not be clouded by lack of resources. This is  when our creativity and inguinity from our imagination should be exploited in order to accomplish big things. Cuba is small island in the caribbean with limited resources but they never let that stop them from being among the best in the world of sport, medicine and God only knows whatever else.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 05:51:13 PM »
Cuba is small island in the caribbean with limited resources but they never let that stop them from being among the best in the world of sport, medicine and God only knows whatever else.

Your point about integrity and leadership are correct. But what make you think you can bring that to the current TTFF? Why did you not run for the presidents post? Yes, money is not everything, but after you set up  your grand plan, you do need money to implement your programs. Are you expecting coaches to come and volunteer their time. Not in this day and age. In the early 70s, men like Rugged Tom Davis and Ken hodges did some coaching in the St. Joseph savannah for free. Not so these days. Coaches have bills to pay.

As with Cuba, they are a communist country. They would never have a man like Jack running things. Trini could never set up sports institutions like them. Look how the present gov't marginalize UTT. That was the institution to implement all the programs you talking about. You see anything happening.

Actually, Cuba is a pretty big island, slightly smaller than Pennsylvania.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 09:05:46 PM »
Cuba is small island in the caribbean with limited resources but they never let that stop them from being among the best in the world of sport, medicine and God only knows whatever else.

Your point about integrity and leadership are correct. But what make you think you can bring that to the current TTFF? Why did you not run for the presidents post? Yes, money is not everything, but after you set up  your grand plan, you do need money to implement your programs. Are you expecting coaches to come and volunteer their time. Not in this day and age. In the early 70s, men like Rugged Tom Davis and Ken hodges did some coaching in the St. Joseph savannah for free. Not so these days. Coaches have bills to pay.

As with Cuba, they are a communist country. They would never have a man like Jack running things. Trini could never set up sports institutions like them. Look how the present gov't marginalize UTT. That was the institution to implement all the programs you talking about. You see anything happening.

Actually, Cuba is a pretty big island, slightly smaller than Pennsylvania.

With almost 12 million people & a Government that views sport as an important part of the Culture. When I visited Cuba I was shocked to see the crowd at a Futsal league game. I talking serious sellout crowd,  with drums, horns, fans singing.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 11:02:59 PM »
We need to teach the u11, u12, u13, u14 how to train, how to compete and then teach the u15, u16, u17, u18, u20 how to win. We need to teach all the youths how to live to become a professional. We need to organize the local side of the game, get it structured before we could think about sustaining a long-term successful National Senior program.

We need to understand that this is a lot more than kicking a ball, this has to do with culture, ideology, environment, nationality, individuality and citizenship. We need to be able to shape these as part of our youth development.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 11:17:29 PM »
Your point is well taken. Leadership on the coaching side  of the house should examine the current structure and figure out  how to implement his plan. I know that one of the ways the previous leadership was trying to make a change was through coaching education. The coaches got their education and went back to their community and to make a difference.
The next step should be mobilization at the grassroots level... the local communites..the liitle kids
The primary schools are a talent pool whereby  a  licenced coach should be instructing the kids. If it's ascool teacher then he or she should have the appropiate education
The High School has a structure of it's own here again the coach should be licenced
The vision of the leadership for his National Program could  use these existing structures to identify the talent ..pull them out and develop the player for the National team not necessaryly  select them for the National team like we do now
Rules should be put in place that coaches should have some qualification as long as he or she is coaching.
Regular meetings for coaches should be held so that the Director of Coaching could convey his vision..get feedback..exchange ideas and then go back armed with the knowledge that they are part of something bigger than themselves.
I can get the ODP director of coaching from here in Atl to come to Trinidad and licence coaches at no charge;all he would need is accomodation and transport.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 11:55:23 PM »
With all these coaching programs, lets hope we don't disencourage creativity.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 09:50:30 AM »
I see your point. That  is a big problem with coaches becoming licenced. They take a course and then they caught up in systems and tactics and drills without understanding the most important element..the player. The Director of Coaching through his regular meetings  and symposiums would be able to help these coaches realise the importance of the coaching education.
 Coaching education is like any other form of education which provides you with the basic tools to ask relevant questions ,identify problems  and hopefully be able to try to find solutions. I have seen coaches go to courses and copy all the sessions without really understanding that the reason for the course is to help the coach tailor his  own session. Some go as far as video taping all the sessions and then go back to their club and try to make the players do the drills...no creativity from the coaching side=no creativity on the player side.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 11:32:15 AM »
I see your point. That  is a big problem with coaches becoming licenced. They take a course and then they caught up in systems and tactics and drills without understanding the most important element..the player. The Director of Coaching through his regular meetings  and symposiums would be able to help these coaches realise the importance of the coaching education.
 Coaching education is like any other form of education which provides you with the basic tools to ask relevant questions ,identify problems  and hopefully be able to try to find solutions. I have seen coaches go to courses and copy all the sessions without really understanding that the reason for the course is to help the coach tailor his  own session. Some go as far as video taping all the sessions and then go back to their club and try to make the players do the drills...no creativity from the coaching side=no creativity on the player side.

Look at the environment as a whole before you lay all blame on coaches: There was a time when we had one game on a weekend. This allowed coaches to work with players 3 times a week in preparation, outside of that players running their small goal. Now if you look at youth football, players playing two and three games a week (I talking 11 a side). Once this happens when does training take place. Elan talking about learning to train, when, how, where. If all you playing is 11 a side football constantly, you getting maybe 2 mins on the ball. Holland, Spain, France and Germany at a youth level, limiting players to a game a week over 10 months. 
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 01:36:03 PM »
We need to teach the u11, u12, u13, u14 how to train, how to compete and then teach the u15, u16, u17, u18, u20 how to win. We need to teach all the youths how to live to become a professional. We need to organize the local side of the game, get it structured before we could think about sustaining a long-term successful National Senior program.

We need to understand that this is a lot more than kicking a ball, this has to do with culture, ideology, environment, nationality, individuality and citizenship. We need to be able to shape these as part of our youth development.

I am a T&T fan and I endorse this post.  :thumbsup:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 04:46:39 PM »
The Director of coaching should know that the kids of different age groups play with age appropiate numbers and the field size also vary with age.
 In Brazil for example a Pro Club has kids that live on site and these kids train everyday at least twice .They do not play in any competitive league ..they would get one friendly game against an amateur side on the weekend.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 04:47:57 PM »
Observer that observation you made is a serious problem..it does more harm than good.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 11:43:30 PM »
Arrange for the boys to get good jobs and make sure they save hard.
Arrange with TTFF , CAL or go online early and buy cheap tickets for the games , push hard for some semi final or final tickets. For accommodation buy some tents and sleep in the desert to save money.

fishs I swear I almost dead laughin wit dat one.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 02:48:33 PM »
not to hijack the thread,but I see some thoughts along an ooollld discussion we had.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=245.msg1107#msg1107

1]; } ?>