April 29, 2024, 05:55:07 AM

Author Topic: 2013/14 National Super League Thread  (Read 8908 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 National Super League Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2013, 10:29:23 AM »
Coops, as far as I know is that the some or most of the super league teams get some from the gov't. I don't know who dispense the money. Maybe Sportt or the Ministry of Sport. But like someone said some team get more than others. People are saying Malabar getting much more than anybody. I just read that Tinto and other pfl players playing in the superleague for Malabar and Malabar doing good. And is Malabar Anil's team? Who knows we may see Malabar in the pfl. Jack no longer there but his spirit embodied in Anil is for ever present.

Tim Kee just have to get a number of decent size companies to make some solid commitment to his organization. For me if he can do that, I will say that he has been a successful.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 10:32:34 AM »
Didn't the TTFA bring Beenhakker to write some program for the league in T&T?

What was his purpose here?

He stayed for 2 months, collect $150 thousand US dollars and gone now.

By de way, de Super League level is very poor technically and yes, de pro league not far ahead.

De SSFL is de biggest league in T&T.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 10:37:14 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2013, 12:25:54 PM »

By de way, de Super League level is very poor technically and yes, de pro league not far ahead.

I thought Benie said he not doing anything in T&T until the Coaches and technical staffs get paid,that's the man the TTFA choose to handle our Football and everyone was satisfied with that.

I am surprised to hear you admit the SSFL is the biggest league in the country,this is a league people said is no good for the development of our Youth players,it should be scraped etc etc look at how many young boys playing in that league,look at the Pro teams and see where there Youth players coming from.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2013, 12:44:57 PM »

I thought Benie said he not doing anything in T&T until the Coaches and technical staffs get paid,that's the man the TTFA choose to handle our Football and everyone was satisfied with that.

I am surprised to hear you admit the SSFL is the biggest league in the country,this is a league people said is no good for the development of our Youth players,it should be scraped etc etc look at how many young boys playing in that league,look at the Pro teams and see where there Youth players coming from.

That's the point: Every country needs a football pyramid to feed the top league. Super League is the developmental league for Pro League. Central send players on loan to clubs. We have recruited many talented players such as Mitchell, Winchester, Noel etc.
I don't agree it's the biggest league.
As I've argued before, most Super League pitches are not good enough to train on. But the clubs have no choice, while the Pro League have minimum FIFA standards to conform to. In a perfect world, Pro League clubs would have their own venue. Not only would crowds inprove, but they could groundshare with Super League clubs and their performances would improve too.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2013, 03:15:08 AM »
Sando stay in Super League lead.
T&T Express Reports.

Club Sando staved off an attack on their one-point lead in the bmobile National Super League standings on Sunday when they came from behind to defeat third-placed Malabar FC 4-2 in their top-of-the-table clash at Larry Gomes Stadium.

The San Fernando-based team ensure they are still ahead of Guaya United, who also ensure they stayed right behind the leaders with a 5-0 thumping of Tobago’s Stokely Vale FC at Plymouth Recreation Ground, Tobago.

Against Malabar, Club Sando conceded early when discarded national midfielder Hayden Tinto struck in the second minute, but the latter were 2-1 up at the break thanks to items from Teba McKnight (19th minute) and Ryan Fredericks.

Malabar levelled at 2-2 in the 60th, but eight minutes Kerron Smith restored Sando’s advantage, and McKnight made the result sure in the 90th.

Guaya had an easier day, with Kevin Jadgeosingh pumping home a hat-trick starting in the 68th, after Jody Allsop secured a first half brace.

Real Maracas leapt one spot to fifth with their 3-1 victory over 1976 FC Phoenix at Maracas, St Joseph, and Joe Public followed suit–from eighth to sixth—with a 2-1 come-from-behind victory over WASA FC, who led 1-0 at halftime at their St Joseph headquarters.

Bethel United made sure it wasn’t all bad news for Tobago by turning back previous leaders Westside Superstarz 3-1 at Courland Recreation Ground in Blackrock in the sister isle, while Defence Force and Siparia Spurs shared the spoils 1-1 at Frederick Settlement.

Results

Real Maracas 3 (Jahhann Hernandez 51st, 68th; Dillon Bartholomew 83rd) vs 1976 FC Phoenix 1 (Christopher Morgan 83rd)

WASA FC 1 (Fabian Garcia 25th) vs Joe Public FC 2 (Ricardo Bennett 71st; Arvid Applewhite 83rd)

Bethel United 3 (AkimBaynes 28th; Akil Scott 56th; Caron Williams 75th) vs Westside Superstarz FC 1 (Christon Freitas)

Defence Force 1 (Ronald St Louis 31st) vs Siparia Spurs 1 (Derron Matthews 70th)

Stokely Vale FC 0 vs Guaya United 5 (Jody Allsop 7th, 24th; Kevin Jagdeosingh 68th, 72nd, 90th)

Malabar FC 2 (Hayden Tinto 2nd; Kevon Woodley 60th) vs Club Sando 4 (Teba McKnight 19th, 90th; Ryan Fredericks 45th; Kerron Smith 68th)

Upcoming fixtures (Sunday)

Malabar FC vs 1976 FC Phoenix, Larry Gomes Stadium, 3.30 p.m.

Defence Force vs Real Maracas, Frederick Settlement, 3.30 p.m.

Siparia Spurs vs FC Santa Rosa, Palo Seco Velodrome, 5.30 p.m.

Stokely Vale vs Club Sando, Plymouth Recreation Grd, 3.30 p.m.

Westside Superstarz vs Guaya United, St Anthony’s College, 3.30 p.m.

WASA FC vs Bethel United, WASA St Joseph, 3.30 p.m.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2013, 05:57:52 AM »

That's the point: Every country needs a football pyramid to feed the top league. Super League is the developmental league for Pro League. Central send players on loan to clubs. We have recruited many talented players such as Mitchell, Winchester, Noel etc.
I don't agree it's the biggest league.
As I've argued before, most Super League pitches are not good enough to train on. But the clubs have no choice, while the Pro League have minimum FIFA standards to conform to. In a perfect world, Pro League clubs would have their own venue. Not only would crowds inprove, but they could groundshare with Super League clubs and their performances would improve too.

Imagine how different the leagues would be if they'd not have bothered building all these useless huge stadiums across the place and invested in the grass-roots infrastructure :(

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2013, 03:15:23 AM »
Highley, Tinto inspire Malabar FC in 7-0 win.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Both Gorian Highley and Hayden Tinto scored hat-tricks to guide title hopeful Malabar FC closer to the helm of the blink/bmobile National Super League standings, following a 7-0 thrashing of Tobago’s Bethel United, at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Arima, on Sunday.

The top two teams in the standings, Club Sando and Guaya United, respectively, had their league matches postponed due to their commitments in the Toyota Classic semifinals, two days prior, giving Malabar FC the opportunity to narrow the gap from third place and the league leader.

With an early double from Highley, who opened the scoring in the 10th and 12th minute, Malabar went on to cruise to victory, with Kevon Woodley adding to the rout. The result put Malabar two points under Club Sando and one under Guaya United.

Meanwhile, fourth-placed 1976 FC Phoenix failed to put further pressure on the top teams when it was held to a 1-1 draw by last-placed and host FC Santa Rosa, at UTT Ground, O’Meara. Dominique Kerr opened for the visiting Tobago team in the 28th minute, only to see his effort cancelled out three minutes later by Devon King.

The only other match of the day saw WASA FC, the reigning league champion waste an early 4th minute lead, to slump to defeat by a struggling Westside Superstarz. WASA, which previously won only one other match this season, by default, lost the fixture 3-2 despite Darrin Lewis attempting a late surge with his goal in the 84th minute.

This Sunday, a full round of matches will be played. Club Sando will have the tough take of holding onto its lead, when it hosts the attacking force in Westside Superstarz, while Tobago will host a derby match in 1976 FC Phoenix’s meeting with Stokely Vale.

Sunday’s Results

Malabar FC 7 (Gorian Highley 10th, 12th, 46th, Kevon Woodley 23rd, Hayden Tinto 45th, 73rd, 90th) v Bethel United 0

FC Santa Rosa 1 (Devon King 31st) v 1976 FC Phoenix 1 (Dominique Kerr 28th)

Westside Superstarz 3 (Marcus Griffith 22nd, David Lendore 63rd, Travis Joseph 76th) v WASA FC 2 (Fabian Garcia 4th, Darrin Lewis 84th)

Guaya United v Real Maracas—Rescheduled to December 18

Stokely Vale v Joe Public—Rescheduled to December 18

Club Sando v Siparia Spurs—Rescheduled to December 18

Sunday’s Fixtures

WASA FC v Guaya United, WASA Ground, St Joseph, 3.30 pm
Club Sando v Westside Superstarz, Ato Boldon Stadium, 3.30 pm
Defence Force v Malabar FC, Larry Gomes Stadium, Arima, 3.30 pm
1976 FC Phoenix v Stokely Vale, Canaan, Bon Accord, 3.30 pm
FC Santa Rosa v Real Maracas, UTT Ground, O’Meara, 3.30 pm
Bethel United v Joe Public FC, Montgomery Recreation Ground, 3.30 pm

Standings

Teams    P    W    D    L    F    A    Pts
Club Sando    14    11    2    1    34    13    35
Guaya United    14    11    1    2    38    16    34
Malabar FC    15    10    3    2    55    26    33
1976 FC Phoenix    15    6    7    2    22    19    25
Real Maracas    15    6    3    6    26    19    21
Westside Superstarz    15    7    0    8    29    29    21
Joe Public FC    14    5    4    5    24    21    19
Stokely Vale    14    6    1    7    27    32    19
TT Defence Force    15    4    3    8    22    44    15
Siparia Spurs    15    3    5    7    30    35    14
Bethel United    15    3    4    8    21    40    13
WASA FC    16    1    6    9    16    25    9
FC Santa Rosa    15    1    5    9    15    40    8

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2013, 05:16:55 AM »
Imagine how different the leagues would be if they'd not have bothered building all these useless huge stadiums across the place and invested in the grass-roots infrastructure :(

I can't reason with what u saying here,what u mean by "useless huge stadiums" ? first of all there was many reasons for these stadiums when they were built eg we could not have held a WC and we may not have had a Pro League.

I don't know how long u around but international Football and North/South used to be played in front the Grand Stand,it then went to the Oval,King George V Pk,Skinner Pk.Although we used to have huge crowds because Trinis love they Football,we always hoped for the day when we can watch and play Football some where like the rest of the world does.

We are often looked upon as backward, it would be a huge talking point if we did not have those stadiums eg the level of Football we play,hosting teams/games for countries that want to play here,what about other sports that didn't have a home to host there activities etc etc

I agree they could have invested in the Grass roots infrastructure because it used to have more leagues in the past than they do today,it had two leagues in South,one in the East,Central,POS and North plus the Colleges league.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:12:44 PM by Coop's »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2013, 08:15:48 AM »

I can't reason with what u saying here,what u mean by "useless huge stadiums" ? first of all there was many reasons for these stadiums when they were built eg we could not have held a WC and we may not have had a Peo League.

I don't know how long u around but international Football and North/South used to be played in front the Grand Stand,it then went to the Oval,King George V Pk,Skinner Pk.Although we used to have huge crowds because Trinis love they Football,we always hoped for the day when we can watch and play Football some where like the rest of the world does.

We are often looked upon as backward, it would be a huge talking point if we did not have those stadiums eg the level of Football we play,hosting teams/games for countries that want to play here,what about other sports that didn't have a home to host there activities etc etc

I agree they could have invested in the Grass roots infrastructure because it used to have more leagues in the past than they do today,it had two leagues in South,one in the East,Central,POS and North plus the Colleges league.

Yea my girlfriend's dad mentioned that the big North-South matches were the best football he watched, and Defence Force of rhe 70s and hasn't watched since the ASL league. What I meant was that Trinidad has a number of huge stadiums with high maintenance costs that never get filled, never mind the initial cost. Sure you needed them for the youth World Cup thing, but where was the sustainability? They should have instead renovated highly used stadiums and parks, rejuvenating the local scene whilst also fulfilling their commitments.

I ain't never thought Trini was backward - far from it. I think that the game is being killed by a combination of very poor game times (6pm on a work day at Ato Boldon with POS and E-W corridor teams? Really?) and dislocation from the local communities.

My comment was slightly flippant, but the point stands - for the money they spent on Ato Boldon or the new Brian Lara stadium going up they could have rejuvinated and maintained 5 local smaller stadiums in communities such as Guaya, Point Fortin, Diego Martin and Sangre Grande, areas that need a little love and attention. Moreover, if the building was focused on low-maintenance and sustainable architecture (see my semi-local team Dartford football club's stadium), and passing control into the hands of clubs or the FA directly, you'd not have a situation where football is held hostage by the (incompetent/corrupt) government of the time

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:58:40 AM by Flex »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2013, 09:40:43 AM »
Tiresais,personally i feel if Football made money we would not have the problems we having.How long Football going to depend on Government and sponsorship to survive,everybody putting out and nothing coming back in.

Imagine we have development programs that can't get started because of money,Harford just gave up on the Super league money problems,our Technical staff and Coaches i don't think get paid yet (money),we struggling to send our teams to tournaments (money),we just got money for the FA which was in doubt,what about our administrative staff who pays them (TTFA),i'm not sure but i think the TTFA pays for the use of those stadiums/parks etc etc

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2013, 10:42:42 AM »
I totally agree - there needs to be a sustainable income in TTFA and the leagues in general independent of the government, which is hard given the sheer lack of capital in our game - all stadia are owned by either the government, recreational companies, or Jack "I paid Haiti" Warner..

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Malabar regain top spot in Super League
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2014, 07:08:59 AM »
Malabar regain top spot in Super League
T&T Newsday

MALABAR FC regained the top spot in the Blink/Bmobile National Super League on Sunday with a 4-1 victory over Stokely Vale at the Plymouth Recreation Ground.

In their Match Day 26 contest, Jesse Martinez broke the deadlock for Malabar in the 44th minute while Cordell Samuel (50th) doubled the lead. Kevon Woodley netted Malabar’s third in the 56th before Krishawn Joseph pulled one back for Stokely Vale in the 70th. But Kevon Cornwall completed the scoring for the visitors in the 90th.

Malabar overtook Club Sando, who were on a bye, for first place on the 13-team standings.

Third-placed Guaya United earned a narrow 3-2 win over 1976 FC Phoenix at the Guayaguayare Recreation Ground.

Kheelon Mitchell (27th), Ryan Stewart (62nd) and Kevin Jagdeosingh (90th) were the goal- getters for Guaya, while Lejandro Williams (fourth) and Andel Browne (90th) replied for Phoenix.

Real Maracas moved up one spot to fifth place after a comfortable 3-0 win over Westside Superstarz FC at the Hasely Crawford Stadium’s Training Field, Mucurapo.

Dillon Bartholomew (41st), Aaron Peters (56th) and Hayden Vincent (88th) found the back of the net for Maracas.

WASA’s horrid season continued as they were hammered 5-1 by Siparia Spurs in front of their fans at St Joseph.

Shackiel Henry netted twice, in the 29th and 55th minutes, while there were other contributions from Shavon Frederick (52nd), an own goal (53rd) and Len Mejias (82nd). Ex-Trinidad and Tobago midfielder/striker Gary Glasgow (63rd) got the lone item for WASA.

Cellar-placed FC Santa Rosa registered a 4-1 spanking over Joe Public at the Youth Training Centre (YTC) Ground in Arouca.

Jevaughn Vance (57th and 65th) netted a pair, while Jordan Devonish (87th) and Devon King (90th) were on target for Santa Rosa, with Kevin Caprietta (89th) pulled one back for Joe Public.

There will be action on February 9 with the rescheduled Match Day 16 contests.

At 4 pm, Malabar will host Siparia at the Larry Gomes Stadium in Arima and, in the sister isle, Stokely Vale will entertain FC Santa Rosa at the Plymouth Recreation Ground and Guaya United will be visiting Bethel United at the Mt Gomery Recreation Ground.

At Canaan in Bon Accord, 1976 FC Phoenix will square off against WASA FC at 5.30 pm while, at 6 pm, Club Sando will tackle Joe Public at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: 2013/14 National Super League Thread
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2014, 12:15:46 PM »

Andrew Gioannetti wrote: "On Monday, a day after Malabar won to go joint top of the Super League, the TTFA disciplinary committee found the club guilty of fielding an unregistered player in a match against Guaya. It awarded Guaya three points, which kept Club Sando first, Guaya second and Malabar third. Guaya still has the advantage as its two points off the top with a game in hand."

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2014, 01:20:35 PM »

Andrew Gioannetti wrote: "On Monday, a day after Malabar won to go joint top of the Super League, the TTFA disciplinary committee found the club guilty of fielding an unregistered player in a match against Guaya. It awarded Guaya three points, which kept Club Sando first, Guaya second and Malabar third. Guaya still has the advantage as its two points off the top with a game in hand."

Oh wow drama there, where'd you find this and who was the player?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2014, 02:11:22 PM »

I asked for the player's name, but got no response.

The game in question was against Guaya United on Sunday, September 8th 2013. It was originally won 2-1 by Malabar, but has now been awarded to Guaya with a 3-0 scoreline in their favor.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2014, 02:21:13 PM »

I asked for the player's name, but got no response.

The game in question was against Guaya United on Sunday, September 8th 2013. It was originally won 2-1 by Malabar, but has now been awarded to Guaya with a 3-0 scoreline in their favor.

Thanks for the Sleuthing. Do you know anywhere I can find out the Super League teams or get some info on them? I've exclusively used the site for rosters so far (which are excellent) but sometimes they're not bang up-to-date.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2014, 02:32:41 PM »
Thanks for the Sleuthing. Do you know anywhere I can find out the Super League teams or get some info on them? I've exclusively used the site for rosters so far (which are excellent) but sometimes they're not bang up-to-date.

It's as up to date as you will get unless you want to spend all day everyday trying to get the info from clubs. Most do not respond.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2014, 04:43:51 PM »
This ineligible player business remind of an incident that happen years ago between the Regiment of POSFL and Ebonites(Barataria) NAFL. They had to play a FA game. When game start, one Regiment player Ossie Pena decided to to play for he homies instead. The game tied 1-1(I think Ossie scored, not sure). But anyway, Regiment protested. Ossie was a soldier and had to play for the Gov't. Ebonites lost the replay.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2014, 05:59:02 PM »

It's as up to date as you will get unless you want to spend all day everyday trying to get the info from clubs. Most do not respond.

Please don't take it as criticism - there's like no other info and you're the sole reservoir of good information on the Super League :). I might try phoning round when I'm in the country and set up with a SIM card, see if I can get some info for Football Manager (not sure how I would be more successful than you tbh, but worth a punt I suppose)- I'd be supplying you the info if successful if you like?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2014, 07:39:53 PM »

Please don't take it as criticism - there's like no other info and you're the sole reservoir of good information on the Super League :). I might try phoning round when I'm in the country and set up with a SIM card, see if I can get some info for Football Manager (not sure how I would be more successful than you tbh, but worth a punt I suppose)- I'd be supplying you the info if successful if you like?

Nah, me eh taking dat as criticism. It's just dat I have been doing this a long time and every year I try to get all de relevant info, but most of de clubs doh seem to care. As far as the Super League goes, Richard Piper is the most useful resource, and he's very good with communication. However, after the initial roster is given at the beginning of the season, all hell breaks loose. I doh even know if dey have transfer windows. It looks like players could switch teams anytime. We does only know what going on when we look at match reports. De Pro League eh much better. Other than W-Connection and Central, we does hadda be on de ball in order to get information about de other teams. Is so it go in T&T.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2014, 03:05:14 AM »

Nah, me eh taking dat as criticism. It's just dat I have been doing this a long time and every year I try to get all de relevant info, but most of de clubs doh seem to care. As far as the Super League goes, Richard Piper is the most useful resource, and he's very good with communication. However, after the initial roster is given at the beginning of the season, all hell breaks loose. I doh even know if dey have transfer windows. It looks like players could switch teams anytime. We does only know what going on when we look at match reports. De Pro League eh much better. Other than W-Connection and Central, we does hadda be on de ball in order to get information about de other teams. Is so it go in T&T.

Sad to hear it man, but maybe with the TTFA organising the Super League we could see squad lists submitted for each game? Thanks for all your work btw, seriously it's awesome :)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2014, 03:11:31 AM »
Stern salvages point for struggling WASA FC.
By Andrew Gioannetti (Guardian).

Record-holding former T&T international goalscorer Stern John salvaged a point for his new club WASA FC, with a first half goal but was unable to lift the defending champion out of the relegation zone after the Waterboys played to a 1-1 draw with Tobago’s 1976 FC Phoenix in blink/bmobile National Super League action, on Sunday.

John, who signed for WASA a month ago, is now part of the fight to prevent his team from becoming the first club to win the Super League and suffer relegation the following season. Previously unattached, John scored his first goal for the club in the 32nd minute, six minutes after LeJandro Williams gave Phoenix a 1-0 lead.

The result dropped WASA from 11th to 12th of the 13 teams, after FC Santa Rosa, which sit bottom at the start of the match day, made its trip to Tobago count with a shocking 4-2 win over Stokely Vale.

Stokely Vale subsequently moved out of the relegation zone ahead of Bethel United, on goal-differential.

Meanwhile, all three top teams in the standings—Club Sando, Guaya United and Malabar FC—maintained their respective positions. Leader Club Sando and second-placed Guaya escaped with 2-1 wins over Joe Public and Bethel, respectively, while Malabar thrashed Siparia Spurs, a day prior.

Guaya United, which sits two points behind Club Sando, remains with a match in hand. Thus, it will capture the title in its inaugural season if the club wins its remaining matches.

With the league nearing its end, no confirmation has been made whether Defence Force will forfeit its remaining matches. The team played 16 Super League matches before a decision was made by Army officials to indefinitely withdraw the club from all sporting competitions.

Once all other matches are completed, and granted Defence Force does not confirm its total withdrawal by the last round of matches, the T&T Football Association’s (TTFA) tournaments and competitions committee is expected to rule on the matter.

Action will continue with four matches in a reschuled round tomorrow with the top three teams in action.

Results

Sunday

1976 FC Phoenix 1 (LeJandro Williams 26th) vs WASA FC 1 (Stern John 32nd)

FC Santa Rosa 4 (Jordan Devonish 22nd, 61st, David Lezama 34th, 55th) vs Stokely Vale 2 (Tyronne Manning 9th, 88th)

Club Sando 2 (Anthony Noreiga 47th, Kerron Smith 69th) vs Joe Public 1 (Kevin Caprietta 89th)

Guaya United 2 (Carlon Hughes 53rd, Ryan Stewart 73rd) vs Bethel United 1 (Veron Wilson 86th)

Westside Superstarz vs T&T Defence Force – Postponed

Saturday

Malabar FC 5 (Cyrano Glen 5th, own goal 17th, Cordell Samuel 22nd, Ellis Dyett 71st, Hayden Tinto 86th) vs Siparia Spurs 0

Tomorrow’s Fixtures

Guaya United vs Real Maracas, Guaya Recreation Ground, 4 pm
WASA FC vs Malabar FC, WASA Ground, St Joseph, 4 pm
Stokely Vale vs Joe Public, Plymouth Recreation Ground, 5 pm
Club Sando vs Siparia Spurs, Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, 6 pm

Standings

Teams    P    W    D    L    F    A    Pts
Club Sando    21    16    3    2    60    20    51
Guaya United    20    16    1    3    52    24    49
Malabar FC    21    15    3    3    76    30    48
Phoenix    23    7    10    6    32    39    31
Real Maracas    21    8    4    9    36    28    28
Stokely Vale    21    8    2    11    33    47    26
Siparia Spurs    21    6    6    9    41    42    24
Westside    22    7    1    14    33    56    22
Joe Public    20    5    6    9    29    36    21
FC Santa Rosa    21    5    5    11    28    47    20
Bethel Utd    21    5    5    11    29    51    20
WASA FC    22    4    7    11    25    34    19
Defence Force    16    5    3    8    23    44    18

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2014, 09:38:08 AM »
Santa Rosa vs Guaya at YTC
TT Newsday

FC SANTA Rosa will be opposing Guaya United tomorrow at the Youth Training Centre (YTC) Ground in Arouca in one of four rescheduled Match Day 20 matches this weekend.

Originally, the game was carded for the University of the Trinidad and Tobago (UTT) Ground at O’Meara campus, Arima. But the venue was changed, according to a media release from organisers All Sport Promotions on Thursday.

Also on tomorrow’s agenda, Real Maracas will be hosting Joe Public at the Maracas Recreation Ground in St Joseph and Westside Superstarz FC will be entertaining Stokely Vale at the Dibe Recreation Ground in St James.

Today Bethel United and Siparia Spurs will square off at the Mt Gomery Recreation Ground.

All matches this weekend will take place at 4 pm.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:40:03 AM by Tiresais »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2014, 04:23:57 AM »
Super League qualifiers kick off March 9
T&T Guardian Reports.

Six teams will vie for only two spots available for promotion for next season's blink/bmobile National Super League starting on March 9, when the Champions of Champions qualifying tournament kicks off.

Only one round will be played, with no home-and-away format. Central champion Coosal's Las Lomas will meet Southern Football Association (SFA) league winner Petrotrin Palo Seco, at the former's home ground, Madras Recreation Ground, Cunupia from 5 pm.

Simultaneously, Goal City FC will make the trip from Tobago to challenge EFA's high flier La Horquetta SA, at Phase II Recreation Ground, La Horquetta. The opening match of the first round will see oath Zone's QPCC visit Eastern Counties champion Matura Reunited at Matura Recreation Ground, at 3.30 pm.

The competition will continue on all weekends and on some Wednesdays until March 30, the last day of competition.

At the end of the tournament, two clubs from the Champions of Champions tournament will be promoted to the National Super League. Three clubs will face relegation from the Super League this season.

Fixtures - Round One

March 9

Las Lomas v Petrotrin Palo Seco, Madras Recreation Ground, Cunupia, 5 pm

Matura Reunited v QPCC, Matura Recreation Ground, 3.30 pm

La Horquetta SA v Goal City FC, Phase II Recreation Ground, La Horquetta, 5 pm

Round Two

March 12

Goal City FC v Petrotrin Palo Seco, Plymouth Recreation Ground, Tobago, 6 pm

Matura Reunited v Las Lomas United, Matura Recreation Ground, 3.30 pm

QPCC v La Horquetta SA, Hasely Crawford Stadium, PoS, 6 pm

Round Three

March 15

Goal City FC v Las Lomas United, Plymouth Recreation Ground, 5 pm

March 16

La Horquetta SA v Matura Reunited, Phase II Recreation Ground, 5 pm

Petrotrin Palo Seco v QPCC, Petrotrin Palo Seco Sports Club, 5 pm

Round Four

March 23

Las Lomas United v La Horquetta SA, Madras Recreation Ground, Cunupia, 5 pm

Petrotrin Palo Seco v Matura Reunited, Petrotrin Palo Seco Sports Club, 5 pm

QPCC v Goal City FC, Hasely Crawford Stadium, PoS, 6 pm

Round Five

March 29

Goal City FC v Matura Reunited, Plymouth Recreation Ground, 5 pm

March 30

Petrotrin Palo Seco v La Horquetta SA, Petrotrin Palo Seco Sports Club, 5 pm

QPCC v Las Lomas United, Hasely Crawford Stadium, PoS, 6 pm

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2014, 04:24:25 AM »
Guaya one win away from Super League.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Guaya United, last year’s Eastern Counties champion returned to the top of the blink/bmobile National Super League standings and a win away from securing the title in its debut season, yesterday, after the club snatched a nervy 1-0 away win over FC Santa Rosa, in the penultimate round.

Former USA and Pro League-based striker Ryan Stewart notched yet another winning goal 10 minutes from time in an all-important win for Guaya, which on the contrary may have sealed FC Santa Rosa’s relegation to the Eastern Football Association Premier Division.

Santa Rosa’s final match will be played this Sunday in a must-win encounter with Club Sando, which too must win in order to stand a chance of winning the title. Club Sando was not in action yesterday as it was carded to play against withdrawn club Defence Force, which saw Guaya return to the top with an equal number of matches played.

Guaya remains in control of the league’s outcome. A win away to Siparia Spurs, on Sunday, will see it capture the title.

While FC Santa Rosa’s future in the competition looks grim, 2012 treble winner and consistent title contender Joe Public, suffered yet another loss, this time 4-0 to Real Maracas. Marvin Maxwell scored a hat-trick for Maracas, which was already safe from the drop.

Joe Public’s loss puts it in a must-win situation on Sunday when it travels to Arima to face the league’s most potent attacking team Malabar FC, at the Larry Gomes Stadium.

Joe Public sits on 22 points, one below WASA FC, the reigning league winner, which has been on an incline since the signing of former T&T international striker Stern John. WASA will travel to Tobago to face Stokely Vale, and a win will see the Waterboys remain in the competition for another year.

Results

Yesterday

Guaya United 1 (Ryan Stewart 81st) v FC Santa Rosa 0

Westside Superstarz 4 (Junior Spence 74th, Akim Ash 78th, Christon Freitas 89th, 90th) v Stokely Vale 1 (Jermaine Walters 84th)

Real Maracas 4 (Marvin Maxwell 1st, 36th, 52nd, Dillon Bartholomew 40th) v Joe Public 0

Saturday

Bethel United 5 (Dwayne Marcelle 7th, 55th, Neal Nolford 24th, Jeron Toby 70th, Kino Proctor 76th) v Siparia Spurs 2 (Andre Quashie 14th, Shackiel Henry 40th)

Fixtures

Sunday

Malabar FC v Joe Public, Larry Gomes Stadium, 4 pm
Stokely Vale v WASA FC, Plymouth Recreation Ground, 4 pm
FC Santa Rosa v Club Sando, UTT Ground, O’Meara, 4 pm
Real Maracas v Bethel United, Maracas, St Joseph, 4 pm
Siparia Spurs v Guaya United, Palo Seco Velodrome, 4 pm
Defence Force v 1976 FC Phoenix - postponed
Westside Superstarz - Bye

Standings

Teams    Pld    W    D    L    F    A    Pts
Guaya United    22    18    1    3    55    25    55
Club Sando    22    17    3    2    65    24    54
Malabar FC    22    15    3    4    77    32    48
Real Maracas    23    9    4    10    41    30    31
Phoenix    23    7    10    6    32    39    31
Stokely Vale    23    9    2    12    36    51    29
Westside    23    8    1    14    37    57    25
Siparia Spurs    23    6    6    11    47    52    24
Bethel United    22    6    5    11    34    53    23
WASA FC    23    5    7    11    27    35    22
Joe Public    22    5    6    11    29    42    21
FC Santa Rosa    22    5    5    12    28    48    20
Defence Force    16    5    3    8    23    44    18

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2014, 12:19:30 PM »
Super League qualifiers kick off March 9

Six teams will vie for only two spots available for promotion for next season's blink/bmobile National Super League starting on March 9, when the Champions of Champions qualifying tournament kicks off.

Only one round will be played, with no home-and-away format. Central champion Coosal's Las Lomas will meet Southern Football Association (SFA) league winner Petrotrin Palo Seco, at the former's home ground, Madras Recreation Ground, Cunupia from 5 pm.

Simultaneously, Goal City FC will make the trip from Tobago to challenge EFA's high flier La Horquetta SA, at Phase II Recreation Ground, La Horquetta. The opening match of the first round will see oath Zone's QPCC visit Eastern Counties champion Matura Reunited at Matura Recreation Ground, at 3.30 pm.

The competition will continue on all weekends and on some Wednesdays until March 30, the last day of competition.

At the end of the tournament, two clubs from the Champions of Champions tournament will be promoted to the National Super League. Three clubs will face relegation from the Super League this season.
Fixtures

Round One

March 9

Las Lomas v Petrotrin Palo Seco, Madras Recreation Ground, Cunupia, 5 pm

Matura Reunited v QPCC, Matura Recreation Ground, 3.30 pm

La Horquetta SA v Goal City FC, Phase II Recreation Ground, La Horquetta, 5 pm

Round Two
March 12

Goal City FC v Petrotrin Palo Seco, Plymouth Recreation Ground, Tobago, 6 pm

Matura Reunited v Las Lomas United, Matura Recreation Ground, 3.30 pm

QPCC v La Horquetta SA, Hasely Crawford Stadium, PoS, 6 pm

Round Three
March 15

Goal City FC v Las Lomas United, Plymouth Recreation Ground, 5 pm

March 16

La Horquetta SA v Matura Reunited, Phase II Recreation Ground, 5 pm

Petrotrin Palo Seco v QPCC, Petrotrin Palo Seco Sports Club, 5 pm

Round Four
March 23

Las Lomas United v La Horquetta SA, Madras Recreation Ground, Cunupia, 5 pm

Petrotrin Palo Seco v Matura Reunited, Petrotrin Palo Seco Sports Club, 5 pm

QPCC v Goal City FC, Hasely Crawford Stadium, PoS, 6 pm

Round Five
March 29

Goal City FC v Matura Reunited, Plymouth Recreation Ground, 5 pm

March 30

Petrotrin Palo Seco v La Horquetta SA, Petrotrin Palo Seco Sports Club, 5 pm

QPCC v Las Lomas United, Hasely Crawford Stadium, PoS, 6 pm

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2014, 12:21:21 PM »
Guaya back on top
T&T Express

Guaya United are back on top of the  blink/bmobile National Super League standings, and a win away from securing the title in their debut season, after they grabbed a 1-0 away win over FC Santa Rosa, on Sunday.
Former Pro League striker Ryan Stewart scored the winning goal 10 minutes from time.

Guaya can determine their fate and the championship with a win against Siparia Spurs on Sunday.

Joe Public, meanwhile, suffered yet another loss, this time 4-0 to Real Maracas, Marvin Maxwell scoring a hat-trick for the winners.

Joe Public are now in a must-win situation on Sunday when they travel to Arima to face the league’s most potent attacking team, Malabar FC, at the Larry Gomes Stadium.

Scores
Sunday

Guaya United 1 (Ryan Stewart 81st) vs FC Santa Rosa 0
Westside Superstarz 4 (Junior Spence 74th, Akim Ash 78th, Christon Freitas 89th, 90th) vs Stokely Vale 1 (Jermaine Walters 84th)
Real Maracas 4 (Marvin Maxwell 1st, 36th, 52nd, Dillon Bartholomew 40th) vs Joe Public 0
Saturday
Bethel United 5 (Dwayne Marcelle 7th, 55th, Neal Nolford 24th, Jeron Toby 70th, Kino Proctor 76th) vs Siparia Spurs 2 (Andre Quashie 14th, Shackiel Henry 40th)

Fixtures
Sunday

Malabar FC vs Joe Public, Larry Gomes Stadium, 4 p.m.
Stokely Vale vs WASA FC, Plymouth Recreation Ground, 4 p.m.
FC Santa Rosa vs Club Sando, UTT Ground, O’Meara, 4 p.m.
Real Maracas vs Bethel United, Maracas, St Joseph, 4 p.m.
Siparia Spurs vs Guaya United, Palo Seco Velodrome, 4 p.m.
Defence Force vs 1976 FC Phoenix – postponed

Standings
   P   W   D   L   F   A   Pts
Guaya United   22   18   1   3   55   25   55
Club Sando   22   17   3   2   65   24   54
Malabar FC   22   15   3   4   77   32   48
Real Maracas   23   9   4   10   41   30   31
Phoenix   23   7   10   6   32   39   31
Stokely Vale   23   9   2   12   36   51   29
Westside   23   8   1   14   37   57   25
Siparia Spurs   23   6   6   11   47   52   24
Bethel United   22   6   5   11   34   53   23
WASA FC   23   5   7   11   27   35   22
Joe Public   22   5   6   11   29   42   21
FC Santa Rosa   22   5   5   12   28   48   20
Defence Force   16   5   3   8   23   44   18

Guaya regain Super League first place
T&T Newsday

GUAYA UNITED regained first place in the Blink/Bmobile National Super League when they edged FC Santa Rosa 1-0 on Sunday.

Action last weekend was staged with four games in the rescheduled Match Day 20.

At the Youth Training Centre (YTC) Ground in Arouca, ex-Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Ryan Stewart found the back of the net for Guaya, in the 81st minute.

Real Maracas moved up two places to fourth when they crushed Joe Public 4-0 at the Maracas Recreation Ground in St Joseph.

Marvin Manswell netted a hat-trick against his former team, in the first, 36th and 52nd minutes. Dillon Bartholomew got the other item, in the 40th. Westside Superstarz FC also advanced two places, from ninth to seventh, when they spanked Stokely Vale 4-1 at the Dibe Recreation Ground in St Joseph.

Junior Spencer (74th) and Akim Ash (78th) put Westside 2-0 ahead before Jermaine Walters reduced the deficit in the 84th. But Christon Freitas registered a late double for the hosts, in the 89th and 90th minutes.

And, on Saturday, Bethel United inflicted a 5-2 drubbing on Siparia Spurs at the Mt Gomery Recreation Ground.

Dwayne Marcelle put Bethel ahead in the seventh minute before Andre Quashie equalised in the 14th. Neal Nolford restored Bethel’s lead in the 24th before Shackiel Henry evened up the scores in the 40th.

In the second half, there was one-way traffic for the home team, with strikes from Marcelle (55th), Jeron Toby (70th) and Kino Proctor (76th).

There will be action this Sunday, with five Rescheduled Match Day 21 fixtures.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:25:29 PM by Tiresais »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2014, 12:22:50 PM »
I wonder how Jack Horner's feeling about Joe Public's misfortunes this season. Is it Brent Sancho's fault :p

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2014, 04:10:35 PM »
I wonder how Jack Horner's feeling about Joe Public's misfortunes this season. Is it Brent Sancho's fault :p

Imagine if they were in contention.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2014, 01:54:58 AM »

Imagine if they were in contention.

I hope I live to see the day Joe Public is toiling in the EFA, just to add insult to Jack Warner's injury.

1]; } ?>