March 29, 2024, 03:43:09 AM

Author Topic: No money in football, why not quit ?  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
No money in football, why not quit ?
« on: March 01, 2013, 08:02:05 AM »
If it dont have any money is football and this going on years now why not call it a quit.

I dont understand why these Pro league teams accepting these terms.

They could combine and protest against the TTFF, de league and de government, who ever.

Close up shop and see how long de government could bluff for.

When they have 100s more unemploy people on de streets they might wake up.

How can teams operate on a minus deficit every year.

Can someone step in and run they own league without de TTFF ?

Why does everything have to go through the TTFF. I am sure if they report this to FIFA the TTFF could get ban and they would be allowed to run they private league.

The teams not getting prize money and yet Tim Kee and others getting they pay every month.

In other parts of de world this shit cannot happen.

Wake up people.

Demolish de league and kill football.

Allyuh stand up and be counted.

This is a blasted joke.

When Kamal lose election a bright day will appear. This women and her regime is poison to T&T.

Anil, Jack, Kamal, Anand and Romany is shyt !!!!

Come on people, grow some f00cking balls.

A bunch of assholes incharge of our country and our football and allyuh just taking that.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 08:16:34 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No money in football, why not quit ?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 10:11:56 AM »
sam i hear yuh  loud and clear !!!! its beyond  frustrating , but i imagine if it was a next wine down , shake down fete all men and women would certainly represent that !!  Kamla . jack and dey gang don't give one damn ,  what a bunch ah jokers they are clueless...

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 10:53:52 AM »
I am sure pro league clubs are making money, the ones that done usually close up shop.

they might not make the gate receipts because fanse are limited
but the make a little money or break even

Money comes from Govt wright of for owners, sponsorship, prizemoney, selling players, marketing benefits etc

It may take a few years to break even but that is just upfront investment.

W connection for example are not just pumping money in for no reason, they must be doing it for some long term benefits.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 11:08:18 AM »
I belief the Pro league is breaking even and that is it. They need more sponsors and find a way to get fans in the stands. That is the million dollar question

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 12:47:01 PM »
I think there has to be a bit of a reality check when it comes to the prospects of professional football in T&T. First, can anyone name another country in the world with a population of 1.5 million that has a THRIVING professional football league? It doesn't exist.

Second, T&T football has, by and large, come out of a 30-year era dominated by one person who, with the enabling of the world governing body of football, seems to have queered any semblance of goodwill for the sport to such an effect that the entire game has failed to produce a single recent positive and proven result connected to T&T football beyond the qualification to the Gold Cup; which really should be given more credit by fans. Think of Warner's abrupt departure from T&T football like that of Saddam Hussein and ask yourself how have things been going in Iraq since that vacuum was created?

Third, there is a government in place (democratically elected by the people), prominently featured with the full knowledge of the people the same individual, who dominated football in T&T and seems to have taken on the Samuel Jackson character in Django Unchained and represents a constituency that is not football mad. Furthermore, since his exit from FIFA and football in general, this same high government official does not seem to have any incentive to support football; in fact, human nature would indicate he would have every motive to watch the sport burn now that it is no longer in his control; allegedly

Fourth, you have a corporate and merchant class that is largely ambivalent to the sport and sells goods on an island with very little outside competition for goods and services or need to distinguish themselves from the pack. Whatever, community support or advertising is spent through the sport is largely done under a charity model with no expected return on investment. With few exceptions (digicel, bmobile, for instance) corporations have very little incentive to be associated on a large scale with the sport AND the people who are part of the football family don't seem to be disciplined enough to develop brand loyalty and actively call for companies to support football and boycott those who don't support football.

Under these conditions, it is almost a miracle that there are professional teams much less a national team program functioning. Things could change but it will take a level of consciousness that may have been numbed by the decades of bread and circus platforms and cynical leadership politicians have known all too well to present and lull an increasingly docile public to sleep. 

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 05:09:38 PM »
I think there has to be a bit of a reality check when it comes to the prospects of professional football in T&T. First, can anyone name another country in the world with a population of 1.5 million that has a THRIVING professional football league? It doesn't exist.
Not to my knowledge but I think we can tage a page from a country like Uruguay and they way they run their professional league. They have a population of just over 3 million but more importantly for their size they develop quality players and they're a power house in world football.
Their professional league has been established since the 1930's so it's well structred, definitely something we can learn from by trying to consult with them because given their population the league seems to be doing well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguayan_Primera_Divisi%C3%B3n
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 05:11:53 PM by soccerman »

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 06:36:17 PM »
Not to my knowledge but I think we can tage a page from a country like Uruguay and they way they run their professional league. They have a population of just over 3 million but more importantly for their size they develop quality players and they're a power house in world football.
Their professional league has been established since the 1930's so it's well structred, definitely something we can learn from by trying to consult with them because given their population the league seems to be doing well.

Uruguay football is steeped in tradition,  double the population (which is significant), and surrounded by football giants. While there are certainly items we can learn from their league and others, the market circumstances are not really comparable.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 09:26:35 PM »

Uruguay football is steeped in tradition,  double the population (which is significant), and surrounded by football giants. While there are certainly items we can learn from their league and others, the market circumstances are not really comparable.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1]; } ?>