March 28, 2024, 12:27:18 PM

Author Topic: T&T to host Belize in Friendly International on March 22nd  (Read 4609 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T to host Belize in Friendly International on March 22nd
« on: March 06, 2013, 04:16:23 PM »
T&T to host Belize in Friendly International on March 22nd
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Team will continue its preparations for the CONCACAF Gold Cup with another friendly international at home on March 22nd against Central American opponents Belize.

The match will take place at the Ato Boldon Stadium (due to the unavailability of other stadiums currently under refurbishment). T&T will also travel to Lima to face Peru’s senior team in a return friendly on March 26th.

The upcoming friendlies gives the T&T coaching staff the opportunity to have a look at some players who may not have been involved in the recent friendly against Peru with the approach geared towards selecting the best possible squad to represent this country at the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States.

Middlesbrough and former Arsenal defender Justin Hoyte has been called to the squad. Hoyte communicated with the  TTFF last month and has expressed his willingness to join the National Team for the upcoming games. The 28-year-old Hoyte was capped 18 times for the England U-21 team, and played all four matches at the 2007 UEFA Under-21 Championship. He made his debut for Arsenal at age 18 in a 6-1 victory over Southampton.  Hoyte later went on to join Sunderland on loan where he played before joining “Boro” on £3 million transfer in 2008.

Read More…
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T to host Belize in Friendly International on March 22nd
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 04:55:13 PM »
Middlesbrough and former Arsenal defender Justin Hoyte has been called to the squad. Hoyte communicated with the  TTFF last month and has expressed his willingness to join the National Team for the upcoming games. The 28-year-old Hoyte was capped 18 times for the England U-21 team, and played all four matches at the 2007 UEFA Under-21 Championship. He made his debut for Arsenal at age 18 in a 6-1 victory over Southampton.  Hoyte later went on to join Sunderland on loan where he played before joining “Boro” on £3 million transfer in 2008.
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=11818.0

Interested in hearing the reaction :D

Otherwise the squad is starting to sound good, would've liked to see recalls for Andre Boucaud and Jlloyd though.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:01:31 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 05:10:29 PM »
We shouldn't be playing Belize.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 05:53:55 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 06:04:01 PM »
No, the bullshit is playing Belize.

Aside from merely gehhin a sweat (which isn't a sufficiently compelling or justifiable footballing reason), there's no compelling or justifiable reason to play Belize.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 06:58:25 PM »
Funny thing is, Central F.C. received a letter dated March 4th asking us to release Marvin Phillip for two games:

El Salvador in Trinidad on March 22nd
Peru in Peru on March 26th

Go figure.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 07:20:44 PM »
Funny thing is, Central F.C. received a letter dated March 4th asking us to release Marvin Phillip for two games:

El Salvador in Trinidad on March 22nd
Peru in Peru on March 26th

Go figure.

El Salvador blank we so Belize agree. Remind me what happen d last time we play Belize.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 07:22:39 PM »
Wow, based on the responses, it seems that some have forgotten that T&T is ranked 71 and not likely to get major teams on a regular basis. What is important is they don't let FIFA dates go to waste. Can't please em all I guess.

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 08:06:24 PM »
Wow, based on the responses, it seems that some have forgotten that T&T is ranked 71 and not likely to get major teams on a regular basis. What is important is they don't let FIFA dates go to waste. Can't please em all I guess.

why waste your f**king time???  Seriously?   Just take a side ways view.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 08:12:39 PM »
I dont see a problem with us playing Belize.......can please trinis atall.........no game for 12 months,  now we getting 3 games in 2 months and people vex.

They also qualified for the Gold Cup.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:32:17 PM by andre samuel »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 08:26:51 PM »
john bostock is eligible ...  hotye  gave up on playing for England .. gavin will join soon ...... what we need now is a strikers ......
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 08:32:45 PM »
Very Good. Let the friendlies begin.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 08:38:47 PM »
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=11818.0

Interested in hearing the reaction :D

Otherwise the squad is starting to sound good, would've liked to see recalls for Andre Boucaud and Jlloyd though.

Same here... Would have liked to see what Boucaud has to offer especially since he is doing so well at Notts County, but like he piss in somebody cornflakes. Hope they give him a call before the Cup.

Belize and Peru are two decent friendlies...better than what we were getting for the past couple years.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:42:27 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 09:31:29 PM »
I dont see a problem with us playing Belize.......can please trinis atall.........no game for 12 months,  now we getting 3 games in 2 months and people vex.

Precisely.

FULLY AGREE!

Ranking isn't part of my objection. Heck, we played India the other day, and I didn't express a contrary view. If we were playing Vanuatu or Yemen this rounds, it would raise meh eyebrow but I wouldn't object on the basis that I'm objecting.

We have footage of complete UNCAF games (including Belize's ... I posted them a while back) ... maybe through this "venture" we get to test Belize versus what we can glean from the footage. If Corneal, Shabazz and Charles really paying attention, then ah doh have to remind them that they could also source some looks from the WC qualifier that Belize played v. Montserrat on our soil at the Ato Boldon oh not so long ago.

Ah not asking for a major team ... that would be fanciful. I'm asking for a team appropriate for our preparations.

I'm dubious about the wisdom of playing a fellow GC qualifier at this juncture. Frankly, when I read "Belize", I thought ... hmmm, good opponent for our U23s. Also, equally good opportunity to scout them without sacrificing anything. I didn't believe we were thinking senior international game.

The happy revelation here is that FS suggests Belize is a default or accidental opponent. Less happy is that we wanted El Salvador at this juncture. Wham we picking willy nilly?

Playing Peru in the two legs brought and brings a lot to the table. Although the invitation emanated from the Peruvians, I credit the TTFF for making it happen. (That arrangement came at a time when I had already looked into seeing Peru play Chile on 3/22 @ home and then ketch Chile v Uruguay on 3/26. If it comes down to it ... ah still ketching Chile v Uruguay over our return leg v Peru on the same date).

I think we all appreciate that we got more than a mere sweat from the Peru match.  However, I'm not sold on the value of playing Belize.

There are other opponents that could provide the rigour in preparation that we seek without sacrificing actually playing a GC qualifier. Since someone sure to ask ... let me be specific.

In Central America, I would have gone with Guatemala. (They were undefeated during the group stages at the UNCAF but couldn't get out of the group in the Italian way ... 3 draws, 3 points; this includes a draw v. Costa Rica). They're also not involved in the Hex ... so at least on paper available.

From the island chain, I would suggest Martinique, the Dominican Republic or possibly Guadeloupe.

Ah really not trying to be difficult. Belize in the past has played Honduran club opposition to prepare for competition, lehwe not geh outsmarted please. And on that ... reminds me of something else regarding WC qualifications to come, not this tourney ... we could benefit from playing teams in the Ascenso (Mexican second division) ... play mirrors the look of Central American opponents that are not Mexico.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:34:38 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 11:00:53 PM »

Precisely.

FULLY AGREE!

Ranking isn't part of my objection. Heck, we played India the other day, and I didn't express a contrary view. If we were playing Vanuatu or Yemen this rounds, it would raise meh eyebrow but I wouldn't object on the basis that I'm objecting.

We have footage of complete UNCAF games (including Belize's ... I posted them a while back) ... maybe through this "venture" we get to test Belize versus what we can glean from the footage. If Corneal, Shabazz and Charles really paying attention, then ah doh have to remind them that they could also source some looks from the WC qualifier that Belize played v. Montserrat on our soil at the Ato Boldon oh not so long ago.

Ah not asking for a major team ... that would be fanciful. I'm asking for a team appropriate for our preparations.

I'm dubious about the wisdom of playing a fellow GC qualifier at this juncture. Frankly, when I read "Belize", I thought ... hmmm, good opponent for our U23s. Also, equally good opportunity to scout them without sacrificing anything. I didn't believe we were thinking senior international game.

The happy revelation here is that FS suggests Belize is a default or accidental opponent. Less happy is that we wanted El Salvador at this juncture. Wham we picking willy nilly?

Playing Peru in the two legs brought and brings a lot to the table. Although the invitation emanated from the Peruvians, I credit the TTFF for making it happen. (That arrangement came at a time when I had already looked into seeing Peru play Chile on 3/22 @ home and then ketch Chile v Uruguay on 3/26. If it comes down to it ... ah still ketching Chile v Uruguay over our return leg v Peru on the same date).

I think we all appreciate that we got more than a mere sweat from the Peru match.  However, I'm not sold on the value of playing Belize.

There are other opponents that could provide the rigour in preparation that we seek without sacrificing actually playing a GC qualifier. Since someone sure to ask ... let me be specific.

In Central America, I would have gone with Guatemala. (They were undefeated during the group stages at the UNCAF but couldn't get out of the group in the Italian way ... 3 draws, 3 points; this includes a draw v. Costa Rica). They're also not involved in the Hex ... so at least on paper available.

From the island chain, I would suggest Martinique, the Dominican Republic or possibly Guadeloupe.

Ah really not trying to be difficult. Belize in the past has played Honduran club opposition to prepare for competition, lehwe not geh outsmarted please. And on that ... reminds me of something else regarding WC qualifications to come, not this tourney ... we could benefit from playing teams in the Ascenso (Mexican second division) ... play mirrors the look of Central American opponents that are not Mexico.

As men say take ah sweat, look how long we on de sidelines. Fore-thought is and after-thought in these parts (T&T).
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »
After this practice match we'll be playing like Belize..tiki..takka..

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 12:29:52 AM »
Saw Bostock in a preseason game recently, I think it was for Toronto FC, where he played as a left side mid...he has some talent on the ball...looked very good, as a matter of fact, he stood out on that side of play. Toronto just couldn't pay the asking price before the transfer fell through.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 04:36:50 AM »
Belize bettwr than kicking rocks...end of story...kudos to the ttff...atleast men going and sweat...we was only juckin not to long ago!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 07:26:18 AM »
Belize bettwr than kicking rocks...end of story...kudos to the ttff...atleast men going and sweat...we was only juckin not to long ago!

Agreed, to a certain extent. Yes, the match play is good, but I think we would be better served playing a another Latin American or South American team, as the majority of the opposition in the Gold Cup is going to come from this region.

However, with that said, I will take it.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 07:41:05 AM »

Agreed, to a certain extent. Yes, the match play is good, but I think we would be better served playing a another Latin American or South American team, as the majority of the opposition in the Gold Cup is going to come from this region.

What an odd statement... They speak more Spanish than English and are part of Central America, and more importantly play amongst the latin american teams in competion are are currently doing quite well... We trinis love to fight down just for the sake of it  :yapping: ... but keep on talking...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 07:43:26 AM »
Good going by the TTFF.

FS, dont be surprise, they does get mix up alot.

By de way, Belize qualify for the Gold Cup first time in history, they maynot be a bad test, de last time we played them we couldn't even beat them.

De only problem with playing these small teams in, de TTFF will not sell much tickets.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 07:48:44 AM »
Saw Bostock in a preseason game recently, I think it was for Toronto FC, where he played as a left side mid...he has some talent on the ball...looked very good, as a matter of fact, he stood out on that side of play. Toronto just couldn't pay the asking price before the transfer fell through.

you mean san jose bostock was there with cato
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 08:35:31 AM »

What an odd statement... They speak more Spanish than English and are part of Central America, and more importantly play amongst the latin american teams in competion are are currently doing quite well... We trinis love to fight down just for the sake of it  :yapping: ... but keep on talking...

I know they are part of Central America, so I am not sure why you felt the need to indicate that. With that said, I meant to say more recognized opposition.

There is nothing odd about my statement. If you wanted clarification, all you had to do was ask. Hopefully, civility is not lost on some people.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 08:59:16 AM »

Quite an authoritative statement ... I just wish it was factual. The geography is correct though.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 09:14:01 AM »

Quite an authoritative statement ... I just wish it was factual. The geography is correct though.
For my education, can you please indicate what is not factual?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 09:27:51 AM »

For my education, can you please indicate what is not factual?

I did by referring to the one item I mentioned. Nonetheless, starting on the issue of language ... strictly speaking, "Belizeans" speak more English than Spanish.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 10:07:33 AM »

you mean san jose bostock was there with cato

My bad.....you are correct.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 11:14:24 PM »
we will beat Belize bad..5-nil

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 04:01:33 PM »
I still waiting to see if these players who have T&T ancestry/heritage through their grandparents are really eligible to play for T&T in a competitive match.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2013, 04:46:12 PM »
I really feel that if Hudson Charles...left alone to prepare this team ..will beat Belize 5-0..somehow I have this belief because I see how his teams play. I have no doubt Shabazz will bring confusion..no doubt..

1]; } ?>