April 25, 2024, 09:25:03 AM

Author Topic: John Bostock Thread  (Read 97539 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: John Bostock Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2016, 08:15:29 AM »
It's good that DJW caught this in time because it could have gotten worse for us.

IMO, I can't see this taking more than 24 hours to clear up especially in a time where fax and email is the way now. The TTFA should have direct links to FIFA?

Hopefully, we'll see him suit up for the return leg?

Good job by all involved.

I was told it actually takes about a month.

Again, good job by David John Williams, if he didn't find this, we would have lost 3 points and given the fact that GUA won yesterday, our chances would have been worst.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2016, 07:02:17 AM »
It's good that DJW caught this in time because it could have gotten worse for us.

IMO, I can't see this taking more than 24 hours to clear up especially in a time where fax and email is the way now. The TTFA should have direct links to FIFA?

Hopefully, we'll see him suit up for the return leg?

Good job by all involved.

I was told it actually takes about a month.

Again, good job by David John Williams, if he didn't find this, we would have lost 3 points and given the fact that GUA won yesterday, our chances would have been worst.

Flex, what is the official word about Bostock situation. Would he be ready for next Tuesday, if not, for Guatemala?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2016, 07:09:19 AM »
For Guatemala more likely.

But I am not 100% sure.

In the fullest of time.

;D

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 07:14:49 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2016, 08:14:36 AM »
Hart take that bullet like a real man.......however in my eyes that was a situation which the administrative arm should have never allowed,yes they caught it but Trini to the bone at the last minute...ha ha ha
I wonder how Bostock took it

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2016, 12:16:49 PM »
What is the status on John Bostock getting a run on Tuesday

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2016, 12:26:47 PM »
What is the status on John Bostock getting a run on Tuesday

Not happening

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2016, 02:59:19 PM »
Yeah I wasn't expecting it to be done nah. Plan for the worst daiz all. This trip with the team is valuable for him to get to know the guys and to see what Concacaf is like.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2016, 08:19:12 AM »
Yeah I wasn't expecting it to be done nah. Plan for the worst daiz all. This trip with the team is valuable for him to get to know the guys and to see what Concacaf is like.

Not only that, he getting a birdseye view of how different players in attack move.  Providing he remains committed to the cause, this can prove invaluable later on.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2016, 08:29:18 AM »

Not only that, he getting a birdseye view of how different players in attack move.  Providing he remains committed to the cause, this can prove invaluable later on.

Saw him on fb singing as part of the team bonding. I luved the vibes.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2016, 08:40:51 AM »

Saw him on fb singing as part of the team bonding. I luved the vibes.

I think the overall closeness of this group can only be rivaled by the strike squad.  The more they bond the better I think they can be.  Praying that snake with my last name DJW will do the right things and not get in the way of this teams potential.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2016, 09:49:42 AM »
WATCH: John Bostock talks about his first experience as part of a Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Senior Team training camp

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dYzrHiykfM0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dYzrHiykfM0</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2016, 11:43:29 AM »
Hopefully we can have him in the squad for the Uruguay game, at least he'll sometime to really gel.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2016, 11:47:50 AM »
He should be called plus he is eligible to play in friendlies at the moment.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2016, 11:51:41 AM »
He should be called plus he is eligible to play in friendlies at the moment.
Well good :thumbsup:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2016, 03:13:49 PM »
one small but difficult question. Even with current full team, who sitting out ? Molino ?

oh: and we ain't run out Jomal Williams - midfielder ( nor Winchester or Plaza) and we playing one striker..

Trinidad and Tobago: 1.Marvin Phillip; 13.Justin Hoyte, 17.Mekeil Williams, 4.Sheldon Bateau, 2.Aubrey David; 8.Khaleem Hyland, 14.Andre Boucaud; 16.Levi Garcia, 10.Kevin Molino (20.Trevin Caesar 70th), 3.Joevin Jones (Yellow 34) (12.Sean De Silva 82nd); 9.Kenwyne Jones (capt) (6.Neveal Hackshaw 77th).

Unused substitutes: 21.Adrian Foncette (GK), 5.Daneil Cyrus, 7.Hughtun Hector, 11.Willis Plaza, 18.Yohance Marshall, 19.Shahdon Winchester, 23.Jomal Williams.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 03:27:21 PM by maxg »

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2016, 03:58:06 PM »
one small but difficult question. Even with current full team, who sitting out ? Molino ?

oh: and we ain't run out Jomal Williams - midfielder ( nor Winchester or Plaza) and we playing one striker..

Trinidad and Tobago: 1.Marvin Phillip; 13.Justin Hoyte, 17.Mekeil Williams, 4.Sheldon Bateau, 2.Aubrey David; 8.Khaleem Hyland, 14.Andre Boucaud; 16.Levi Garcia, 10.Kevin Molino (20.Trevin Caesar 70th), 3.Joevin Jones (Yellow 34) (12.Sean De Silva 82nd); 9.Kenwyne Jones (capt) (6.Neveal Hackshaw 77th).

Unused substitutes: 21.Adrian Foncette (GK), 5.Daneil Cyrus, 7.Hughtun Hector, 11.Willis Plaza, 18.Yohance Marshall, 19.Shahdon Winchester, 23.Jomal Williams.

Yes I think based on form and playing style Molino sits for Bostock. Vs the better teams in the hex and Uruguay you will need 2 defensive midfielders so you can't bench Boucaud or Hyland. Bostock is more of a passing MF who can link the defence to the attack. Molino is an attacking MF. He will be competing with probably Garcia for a spot and again based on form and talent I believe Garcia starts. Now this isn't to say Molino can't start but I believe this depends on who we play. Also if he regains his form and Garcia doesn't play much more this season then he can start. Another wild card is the fact that Bostock's season is over, so by the time of the Uruguay game he would have sat for 3 months.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:00:04 PM by Dynamite Warrior »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2016, 04:01:14 PM »

Nah, because Molino is one of the players that can make the runs to take advantage of Bostock's passes.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:33:25 PM by Tallman »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2016, 04:14:04 PM »
Yeah TM, u spot on

Hartie likes playing 4-4-1-1.  JJ is one of his wingers and the two def CMs sewn up (for the most part, w/Neveal or Kevan off the bench -- so far).  The other spot up for grabs is the other winger and Levi is pushing for that start.  Bostock, Levi, Cato, Lester -- those are the guys in competition, if anything Molino competition is Cummings.

BTW, I see some men saying our best CB is RAB, I rate him, def improved, but Bateau is our Pique, w/o Bateau the back two can look very suspicious. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:20:55 PM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2016, 04:18:14 PM »
Yeah TM, u spot on

Hartie likes playing 4-4-1-1.  JJ is one of his wingers and the two def CMs sewn up (for the most part, w/Neveal or Kevan off the bench -- so far).  The other spot up for grabs is the other winger and Levi is pushing for that start.  Bostock, Levi, Cato, Lester -- those are the guys in competition, if anything Molino competition is Cummings.

BTW, I see some men saying our past CB is RAB, I rate him, def improved, but Bateau is our Pique, w/o Bateau the back two can look very suspicious

That is one of the reasons, if not the main reason why we ain't in Copa.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2016, 04:19:16 PM »
which one GOP?  The formation?  or Bateau/Cummings/Molino absence?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2016, 04:20:36 PM »

The absence of Bateau. He makes good decisions. Especially important for someone playing very close to his goal keeper

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 01, 2016, 04:24:12 PM »

The absence of Bateau. He makes good decisions. Especially important for someone playing very close to his goal keeper

Yeah, I notice your highlight afterwards,  :rotfl:  His absence certainly did not help.  But there is a post from Flex that talks about the need for this team to be together for a while to properly gel before the football begins to look like what we saw last Tuesday.  I think for us that s a bigger factor.

Funny, was watching a Roberto Carlos interview where he essentially said the same thing for the current Brazil team, in his words, there were enough stars back in the day to easily gel and understand how to come together quickly and play as a unit. IN today's Brazil he cited only Neymar and Willian as capable of doing so.

Anyway, just an armchair coach's perspective, but no lie, SB is a boss, wicked anchor....

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 01, 2016, 04:25:22 PM »
The problem is Bostock is not a wide player he is a center MF which is why you need a midfield three. This is how I would line up, not saying Hart will line up this way tho. But Molino plays on the right for Orlando so maybe he'll play there for us as well.
Jan
David
Bateau
Mekeil
Hoyte
Boucaud
Bostock
Hyland
Garcia
Kenwyne
Joevin

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2016, 04:51:57 PM »
DW, Barca has shown the above formation can work but note their work rate, tough to name another team that plays the 4-3-3 with the same level of success.  For TT it is defensive suicide unless our work rate can hit that level, so in essence the above 4-3-3- becomes a 4-5-1 w/the two wingers playing as rt/left links and KJ is the sole man up front w/the CM/man in the hole pushing forward.

Think that's one of the reasons I think SH has settled on 4-1-1 for us, that withdrawn striker being able to pull strings.  Have not seen enough of bostock, can he play that role?  a la Cummings, Molino?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2016, 05:04:31 PM »

Nah, because Molino is one of the players that can make the runs to take advantage of Bostock's passes.
so can Garcia, Goodtimes and Caesar..so I see u say not Molino, but didn't say who ...dohtrythat Tman *wink*

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2016, 05:20:03 PM »

Yeah, I notice your highlight afterwards,  :rotfl:  His absence certainly did not help.  But there is a post from Flex that talks about the need for this team to be together for a while to properly gel before the football begins to look like what we saw last Tuesday.  I think for us that s a bigger factor.

Funny, was watching a Roberto Carlos interview where he essentially said the same thing for the current Brazil team, in his words, there were enough stars back in the day to easily gel and understand how to come together quickly and play as a unit. IN today's Brazil he cited only Neymar and Willian as capable of doing so.

Anyway, just an armchair coach's perspective, but no lie, SB is a boss, wicked anchor....

Bateau is certainly a world class player. Its a matter of time before a more prestigious club picks him up.

I know this topic is about JB, so I will stay on topic.. Cant wait to see how Bostock works with the team.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2016, 06:28:20 PM »
all in time...all in time
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2016, 06:47:31 PM »

Yuh mean in de fullness of time.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2016, 08:06:02 PM »

Yuh mean in de fullness of time.

6 runs. Dat cleared de Oval wall and land in de Hasely.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2016, 09:47:16 PM »
Barataria I agree using the 4-3-3 will put a lot of pressure on the wingers to track back, play defense and still run and put pressure on the opposition for it to work but that is the benefit of having JJ as one of the wingers. As Seattle's LB he has to go up and down the sidelines all game. I just think about everytime we play a good team, it looks like there's a disconnect between the defence and attack. Bostock can be the linking MF and counter attack starter that this team needs. We don't really have another player with his qualities. Maybe DaSilva but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:49:18 PM by Dynamite Warrior »

1]; } ?>