March 28, 2024, 06:54:17 AM

Author Topic: John Bostock Thread  (Read 96578 times)

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Bostock Thread
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2016, 06:07:43 AM »
https://twitter.com/JohnJBostock/status/750239757888815105

Bostock signed with a Ligue 2 team. Bad move in my opinion. He's better than that.

But maybe he's trying to grow again slowly as a player. He was loaned to a lot of clubs during his career and played (and failed) for some EPL and Championship clubs, maybe he doesn't want to go to England again and risk his good performances. Let's see.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 05, 2016, 07:07:57 AM »
Lens is essentially a Ligue 1 squad playing in Ligue 2. There are worse decisions. He can achieve promotion with Lens.

Much more interested in when he "achieves promotion" with us. Aka the hex.

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2016, 07:39:18 AM »
Lens is essentially a Ligue 1 squad playing in Ligue 2. There are worse decisions. He can achieve promotion with Lens.

Much more interested in when he "achieves promotion" with us. Aka the hex.

Good point, but he was recently relegated to Belgium 2nd division. I don't think he should go to another 2nd division club (except for Championship that is better than the others). He was the player of the tournament in 2014 (not sure) and had a great season in 2015. I believe he could be in a mid table Ligue 1 club. Even MLS is better than Ligue 2 in my opinion.

Well, I hope he does well for you guys on the Hex! I really like Panamá but I'm cheering for Trinidad to reach the World Cup! :)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 05, 2016, 07:44:26 AM »
MLS  better than Ligue 2? Hmmmm. Why?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 05, 2016, 10:40:07 AM »
Got his passport yet?

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 05, 2016, 10:49:38 AM »
It's just a guess. Not saying that's an absolute truth.

I'm basing my opinion on quality of play. I don't follow Ligue 2 but I watch Ligue 1 sometimes and it's not one of the best leagues. Brazilian League > Ligue 1 (except for PSG and sometimes Lyon, Marseille) imo.
MLS has some bad teams in terms of talent and tactical organization, like Chicago Fire. But some others, for example, FC Dallas and New York Red Bulls could compete in Ligue 1 to be a mid table team.

MLS is still underrated because there are REALLY bad players on the league. Soccer is still growing on the country so they are still learning how to scout and evalute players. People talk a lot about parity but it happens most because the league doesn't have international breaks and because the physicality sometimes destroy all the tactical play. Talented players suffer a lot of injuries and hard fouls because of that + bad referees. MLS is comparable to the Argentinian league in terms of physical play.

Just an example (it doesn't prove a lot, of course), but Pierazzi, former Ajaccio captain (played Ligue 2 and Ligue 1), was below-average in MLS. And he was an important player in France.

Do you think Ligue 2 is much better than MLS? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just curious. :)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 05, 2016, 12:19:58 PM »
People talk a lot about parity but it happens most because the league doesn't have international breaks and because the physicality sometimes destroy all the tactical play. Talented players suffer a lot of injuries and hard fouls because of that + bad

The MLS will always be a spring league. It will not follow the FIFA league calendar. People in the US are not going to watch soccer between Jan and May in the cold weather unless it is played indoors. And from August/Sept.  to Dec, there is competition from, baseball,  American college football,  college soccer and the beginning of ice-hockey and basketball season. As a matter of fact, American sports are all overlapping into each others territory. As for physicality. No more physical than what is played in the Euro. leagues. The only difference is the skill level is so much higher in what we are seeing in France right now.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 12:22:26 PM by Deeks »

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 05, 2016, 01:40:48 PM »
Which Euro leagues? I don't think the main leagues are very physical. EPL ok. BBVA is not physical. Serie A? Pirlo said MLS is too physical and he played his entire career on Italy. Ligue 1? Nah

Europe has this fame of being physical as a whole because people focus a lot more on Europe than North/Latin America. I consider Argentinian League one of the most physical in the world. Not because the players are tall and strong (most are not), but because the players sweat blood on the field, which makes the matches a lot more physical than big bodies.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 05, 2016, 01:47:06 PM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 06, 2016, 11:31:09 AM »
@andremartinsc

In Brazil, there's a fruit that is about the size of a tiny tomato (and looks like one).

Sometimes it is a bit bigger. It is sweet. The seed is small and hard.

Sometimes it is not completely smooth all around. It may have ridges.

What's the name of this fruit?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 06, 2016, 11:34:56 AM »
@andremartinsc

In Brazil, there's a fruit that is about the size of a tiny tomato (and looks like one).

A VERY ripe chennette  :laugh:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 06, 2016, 11:40:39 AM »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 06, 2016, 01:41:10 PM »
Got his passport yet?

Already has that all he  needs is clerance
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 06, 2016, 02:39:15 PM »
@andremartinsc

u still testing the man credentials. but yuh make meh think how ah missing Peewah doh   :(
http://www.brazilmycountry.com/brazilian-fruits/

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 06, 2016, 08:15:57 PM »
 :-X :)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 07, 2016, 05:29:23 AM »
Preseason friendly vs the Arsenal on July 22nd.
Live large and prosper!

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 07, 2016, 09:15:01 PM »
@andremartinsc

Hahah It's Caqui. Why?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2016, 09:52:59 AM »
@andremartinsc

Hahah It's Caqui. Why?

Wait nah.....dinho back on de forum? 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 09, 2016, 05:42:20 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6b5DVbRTUpU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6b5DVbRTUpU</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2016, 05:39:29 AM »
@andremartinsc

Hahah It's Caqui. Why?

Wait nah.....dinho back on de forum?

Best pic I could find for my avatar.  :P

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 19, 2016, 03:00:58 PM »
John Bostock: I’m very happy to join Lens, I’m just judged on how I play now
By James Cannon (squawka.com)

Former Crystal Palace and Tottenham Hotspur prospect John Bostock has revealed he is “very happy”  to be judged on football ability after joining Lens this summer.

Bostock came up through the ranks at Selhurst Park before making his first-team breakthrough in 2007, aged just 15, making four league appearances for Palace.

A highly-rated midfielder at the time, he joined Spurs a year later looking to make an impact in the Premier League.
The 24-year-old failed to impress though and was loaned out to Brentford, Hull City, Sheffield Wednesday, Swindon Town and MLS side Toronto during his time at White Hart Lane, before leaving the club in 2013 after failing to make a single league appearance.

Bostock has now made the switch to Ligue 2 club Lens this summer, and has now looked back on his journey to this point after further spells abroad.

“I moved to Spurs, I learned a lot and I enjoyed my time there but it didn’t turn out how I would have liked it to, but I would like to be defined as someone who never gave up and tried to make the best of his abilities and talents,” he told ITV.

“It wasn’t a safe move for me to move abroad, to bring my family to another country where we don’t speak the language, it’s not comfortable but so far it’s been a very productive opportunity for me.

“I spent three years in Belgium playing and last year was my first year in the Jupiler Pro league, the first division in Belgium.”

He continued: “I had a few options across Europe in Italy, France, England, Holland and Belgium so it was important for me to choose the best fit really and when Lens came as an option, as a young English player you don’t really know too much about the history of the club but as soon as I came and saw the set-up, it’s like an institution, it’s a huge club with huge ambitions to get back to where they want to be.

“It just felt like the fit was right with the club and they showed great desire to try and get me through the door and I’m very happy with my choice.

“I’d like to be defined as a player who is hungry to achieve, a player who is not trying to live up to that 15-year-old hype, keen to learn the game and enjoy the game. I want to try to play at the highest level possible, so however that looks, whatever country that’s in I am hungry to do it.

“I’ve enjoyed it abroad as I’m just judged on my footballing ability, on how I play in each individual match whereas in the past, in England, if I didn’t perform or even if I did play well, people might say ‘why is he not got to the heights where we thought he was going to be?’

“Here I’m relatively unknown – I come with a little bit of expectation as they know my history – but I’m just judged on how I play, putting in a shift for the team, helping my teammates and that’s great.”

Lens begin next season with an away clash at Niort, before games against Tours FC and Nîmes in the following weeks.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 19, 2016, 03:36:22 PM »
The club have him on the roster from T&T and not England http://us.soccerway.com/teams/france/racing-club-de-lens/892/

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2016, 03:53:20 PM »
The club have him on the roster from T&T and not England http://us.soccerway.com/teams/france/racing-club-de-lens/892/

Great! Now we just need to hear that England let go. And we need to sure-up the defense. Doh like how dem fellas doing. We need some friendlies
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 20, 2016, 07:30:02 AM »

Great! Now we just need to hear that England let go. And we need to sure-up the defense. Doh like how dem fellas doing. We need some friendlies

How that is great news?

WIKI have him as Trini  too.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 20, 2016, 09:06:57 AM »

How that is great news?

WIKI have him as Trini  too.

I know. Soccerway probably got that information from visiting this site. I doubt they contacted the English FA for an update.

I'm getting concerned about Bostock's eligibility. Less than 60 days before our next game and still no word.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2016, 10:23:21 AM »

I'm getting concerned about Bostock's eligibility. Less than 60 days before our next game and still no word.

Why would there be any urgency?  Is not like he's a W Connection player

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 20, 2016, 10:46:58 AM »

Why would there be any urgency?  Is not like he's a W Connection player

OH LORT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 20, 2016, 11:15:06 AM »
on July 22nd Lens – Arsenal so we may see him in action

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 22, 2016, 11:42:21 AM »
Arsenal x RC Lens is gonna start in 20 minutes. Bostock is gonna start.

You can watch it in HD on the Arsenal website after registering an account. www.arsenal.com

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 22, 2016, 12:17:53 PM »
how 'd Taliban' looking ?

1]; } ?>