March 28, 2024, 10:11:08 AM

Author Topic: John Bostock Thread  (Read 96590 times)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Bostock Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2015, 09:36:16 PM »
..the football Hart is playing ..this fella don't fit....the fella obviously having trouble fitting in at seven different clubs..the two things that keeping this player on the market are his age and  his potential...

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2015, 10:18:16 PM »
..the football Hart is playing ..this fella don't fit....the fella obviously having trouble fitting in at seven different clubs..the two things that keeping this player on the market are his age and  his potential...

Steups....Your opinion of him not fitting in is based on what exactly?
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2015, 05:47:03 PM »

You saw him play? his workrate? attitude? commitment?

Nothing is wrong with saying nothing when u dont have anything to say..........smh.

You know who Stern John is? how many clubs he had?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2015, 08:36:46 PM »
nice goal
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/giNVZH-FOms" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/giNVZH-FOms</a>
Very nice goal.Can he score more like those I wonder amazing.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:05:04 AM by Quags »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2016, 02:25:02 PM »

The floor is yours. ;D

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2016, 02:25:22 PM »
Bostock ready to wear T&T colours.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

English-born midfielder John Bostock is anticipating the chance of realizing a childhood dream of playing international football.

And this opportunity could be present to him as early as this coming Friday when Trinidad and Tobago faces St Vincent and the Grenadines in Kingstown in the first of two back to back 2018 World Cup qualifiers.

Bostock, now 24, is a past England National Under 17 captain who at one time was touted as a possible England Senior team player.

But now, Bostock is happy to have made the choice of playing for the birth nation of his grandmother.

“ I’m delighted to be called up for T&T. It’s an honour to be named in the squad and I’m very excited to represent the country of my heritage,” Bostock told TTFA Media on the weekend.”

T&T head coach Stephen Hart has been following Bostock for roughly two years shortly after the T&T team initially made contact with the player to invite him for the Caribbean Cup participation in 2012.

“For a while I’ve known of the interest of T&T and it was of course an honour to be considered to be in the coach's plans. However it was important for me to first be stable at club level. Now definitely feels like the right time and I’m excited to get things on the way,” said the ex-Crystal Palace player who was born in Camberwell, England.

He’s followed the progress of the “Soca Warriors” and is looking to make an impression starting with the qualifying matches,

“I know the team has been doing very well, I’ve been following the results and it’s clear to see that there is a lot of quality and great team spirit,” he said.

Bostock, a former England Under 19 player, has been to Tobago before and knows a bit about the country’s culture.

“I spent some time in Tobago a while back and it was an amazing experience. I’m close to my Trinidadian family in London so I’ve grown up around the culture but I’m looking forward to experiencing it for myself.

“Growing up I always spoke to my Grandma about potentially playing for the country she was from, with her recent passing it feels like even more of an honour and I know that she would be very proud of me,” he added.

Bostock’s history is an impressive one. “Bostock was once the golden boy of English football,” the Daily Mail described him as.

A graduate of the Crystal Palace academy, he made his first-team debut at 15. He became the world’s most wanted teenager. Chelsea made a bid when he was only 14. Arsenal sent Cesc Fabregas’ shirt and Barcelona upped the ante by sending Ronaldinho’s boots. Eventually, he settled on Tottenham Hotspur, who paid a £700,000 fee – decided by a tribunal – when he was 16 in 2008.

But in five years at White Hart Lane, he did not make a start except for cameos in the Europa League and had loan spells to clubs Hull City, Sheffield Wednesday, Brentford and Toronto.

In 2013, he was convinced by Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink to join to Royal Antwerp in Belgium before he moved to his current club OH Leuven.

In this article published in the UK Press, Bostock talks some more about his career.

“I’ve spent so long trying to work out what happened, searching for a reason,’ Bostock says, shaking his head ‘I have driven myself crazy thinking about this.”

Bostock, a devout Christian, added ‘I take the game seriously and try to do everything right but it comes down to what you do on the pitch. There are players who might go out a during the week but then do the business on the pitch.

‘My big issue was confidence. At 16, I played on instinct, with no fear. The pressure arrived, expectations arrived and when you don’t have that someone there to support you – by that I mean a manager or a coach or a club where there is a plan for you – you feel like you lose control of the situation.’

Bostock is not embittered by his Tottenham experience – indeed, he raves with sincerity over the England exploits of his Spurs youth team pals Harry Kane, Ryan Mason and Andros Townsend – but he has been bruised by the trauma of recent years.

“I signed when Juande Ramos was manager and Damien Comolli was sporting director. It was a very different club to now where Pochettino is giving everyone a shot. No young players were playing. In my position, there was Luka Modric, Rafael Van Der Vaart, Gareth Bale – world class players. I came in at 16 and hoped it would be like it was at Palace. It wasn’t. When you don’t get a game, when you get put back into the Under 18s, it becomes a huge mental challenge.

“You question everything. Every day, you are pushing on and you believe, and you see other people messing about and getting a breakthrough. You think “Will it ever happen for me?”

“I had long discussions with my pastor, who I am very close to at The Christian Life Fellowship in Greenwich. I was hit hard. My mum was hit hard. If you live by other people’s opinions, you become very shaky, like a wave tossed in the sea.’

“I over-thought everything, I became almost obsessive. I thought that because of my reputation, I had to do something brilliant in every game. When you think so deeply, you take stuff onto the pitch and look as though you are carrying the weight of the world. I couldn’t relax. Every time I made a mistake, I’d be worrying on the pitch what people would say or write. I’d be thinking “I’m supposed to be the best player on this pitch and I can’t get it right.” I cared too much, if anything. Now I know that a bad performance doesn’t make me a bad person.

Could Tottenham have done more to shield him? ‘In the Under 18’s we had college once a week and worked with a sports psychologist. It was never really in depth, though. He was a good guy but it was in groups. I definitely would have benefited from more one-on-one. Sometimes you need to play your way out of it. It’s 90 minutes a week, with 22 people, and that’s it. The last two years, that’ s how I’ve viewed it. I have stopped thinking too much. I needed to, for my sanity.”

In June 2013, after a fifth season at Spurs that was split between Swindon Town and Toronto, he was released. It was then that Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink persuaded Bostock to head to Royal Antwerp in Belgium.

“Jimmy said “Just come here and play football.” Regardless of what people thought, I just wanted the platform to show what I can do. Last season was for the first time I’d made more than 12 appearances – including as a sub – in a season.’

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2016, 02:25:59 PM »
Welcome to Bostock!!!!! #newwarrior

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2016, 03:13:30 PM »
Congrats Jason and welcome.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2016, 03:18:16 PM »

John Jason Bostock?   :devil:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2016, 03:24:12 PM »

John Jason Bostock?   :devil:
Like I smoke a joint, meant to say John :mackdaddy:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2016, 05:49:53 AM »
WATCH: 2015/16 Highlights of new Soca Warrior, John Bostock

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hPLP3YoU5Nw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hPLP3YoU5Nw</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2016, 08:24:44 AM »
Welcome! I hope this means he's gotten his head together and figured it out!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2016, 08:42:19 AM »
Good find for T&T.

Is he left footed?

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2016, 09:16:30 AM »
I asked on another thread but can someone explain how he qualifies for a T&T passport? Weren't there other players who had a grand-parent who was Trini but didn't qualify for a T&T passport because we only accepted parents for qualification (unlike most countries).

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2016, 09:50:35 AM »
Think about the connecting link: the parent.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2016, 09:58:06 AM »
I asked on another thread but can someone explain how he qualifies for a T&T passport? Weren't there other players who had a grand-parent who was Trini but didn't qualify for a T&T passport because we only accepted parents for qualification (unlike most countries).

I know Hallam Hope was one who grandparent was from T&T.

Anyways, if you read my post here you will see I mentioned it.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=56986.msg804980#msg804980

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2016, 10:06:05 AM »
Not sure if I see him make any passes with his right foot in those highlights, so yeah he could't be any more left footed.

He is definitely in the starting 11 for the Socawarriors, now and for years to come.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2016, 11:56:39 AM »
John Bostock on twitter "Its an honour to be called up to represent the country of my heritage Trinidad & Tobago #roadtoRussia"

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2016, 01:59:54 PM »
He finally saw sense  ;)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2016, 06:06:33 PM »

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2016, 07:06:36 PM »
Saw the training session this eve . This man walking straight into the team , very keen eye for a shot , very strong creative player , very left footed .. Seemed to have good chemistry with the team ...

With JJones , Garcia and him in that team , T&T will have a very strong left sided attack ....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2016, 07:40:55 PM »
Just back from the Stadium for the Monday night training session...me and Small Magician.
good..intense...sharp...Hart pushing them along...good vibe and spirit..
only had like 16...so guess some men coming in tonight..or one or two did only morning...not sure...
I know the main question will be " How Bostock look ??"...well...QUALITY....very expensive left foot.
Also Molino looking good...happy to be around type vibe.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1090671420983697&set=a.640933745957469.1073741826.100001225493088&type=3&theater
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2016, 08:36:05 PM »
Just watched his highlights and he's a very creative distributor/supplier of the ball. Maybe the man to provide KJ with some quality service.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2016, 09:27:46 PM »
Sounds great about Bostock. But what are his deficiencies/liabilities?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2016, 11:13:45 PM »
WATCH: 2015/16 Highlights of new Soca Warrior, John Bostock

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hPLP3YoU5Nw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hPLP3YoU5Nw</a>

Haha allyuh check out the midfielder he ghosts past at 9:40.  ;D

This fella sees the runners. Make a good run and he finding yuh.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2016, 06:09:15 AM »
Saw the training session this eve . This man walking straight into the team , very keen eye for a shot , very strong creative player , very left footed .. Seemed to have good chemistry with the team ...

With JJones , Garcia and him in that team , T&T will have a very strong left sided attack ....

Ent!

And I just going from the first few minutes of he highlight video.

From what I see he don't have any deficiencies/liabilities...or maybe we could wait to see what mistakes he makes in games and jump on him then? Nah I going with the positive mindset and giving thanks that we get a player with his OBVIOUS talent to add our squad.

Ah just want him to demand the ball from crazy-man Cyrus ;D
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2016, 06:31:59 AM »
Breds, before we start ponging we tenor pan(tooting we horn), let's see what we have first. It would have been nice for him to have played against Grenada. But all in all, it is a welcome addition. I eh worried about Cyrus. He will be there. He has served us well and will continue to do so.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2016, 07:29:48 AM »
Nice video.

Excellent passing range, calm on the ball.  Seems a wonderful addition

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2016, 08:20:42 AM »
Breds, before we start ponging we tenor pan(tooting we horn), let's see what we have first. It would have been nice for him to have played against Grenada. But all in all, it is a welcome addition. I eh worried about Cyrus. He will be there. He has served us well and will continue to do so.

Sense.  Aside from that Cyrus has been deployed on the right, so unless Bostock free roaming he not likely to be a first option outlet for Daneil.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2016, 09:05:54 AM »
Just back from the Stadium for the Monday night training session...me and Small Magician.
good..intense...sharp...Hart pushing them along...good vibe and spirit..
only had like 16...so guess some men coming in tonight..or one or two did only morning...not sure...
I know the main question will be " How Bostock look ??"...well...QUALITY....very expensive left foot.
Also Molino looking good...happy to be around type vibe.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1090671420983697&set=a.640933745957469.1073741826.100001225493088&type=3&theater

Big Mag.

When do they train ?
wanna come n take in a session or 2...even when they come backfor the 2nd game

1]; } ?>