March 28, 2024, 01:18:45 PM

Author Topic: John Bostock Thread  (Read 96606 times)

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Bostock Thread
« Reply #210 on: July 22, 2016, 12:55:58 PM »
I find John is hiding in the game but they are locking down the midfield for now.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 22, 2016, 01:32:22 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2016, 01:56:57 PM »
Bostock had a very good performance for a slow match. He is pure brain + precision + vision. Always with his head up instructing other players and looking for the best pass. Also, RC Lens has a good team and is capable of reaching Ligue 1 again.

Believe me guys, Bostock has potential to improve A LOT the ball movement on the T&T midfield.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 22, 2016, 02:14:51 PM »
Good performance by Bostock. Solid team work by Lens. He has a better range of passing than anyone else on the national team and IMO he should play behind KJ, Molino on the right with JJ on the left. That will be an attacking formation full of pace, guile and strength to put the fear of God into any of our CONCACAF opponent's defence.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 22, 2016, 02:58:07 PM »
nooo ...... I think the attacks should be like this       KJ(striker) & Molino(center forward)  Levis(LW) Bostock(MA) Jones(RW)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 22, 2016, 04:54:09 PM »
nooo ...... I think the attacks should be like this       KJ(striker) & Molino(center forward)  Levis(LW) Bostock(MA) Jones(RW)

Let's be cautious and wait for the TTFA to confirm. I am beginning to think that we won't have him in the squad for GUA and USA. Something doesn't seem right.. The TTFA has been mum on this.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 23, 2016, 04:35:48 AM »
To be fair the TTFA has been mum on a lot.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2016, 09:55:36 AM »
Time to start asking questions on what's the status of his eligibility. 2-3 months ago he had to get approval from the English FA, I find it hard to believe that's still the hold up.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2016, 01:34:00 PM »
Well boy, we could ask questions as much as we want but DJW will only answer and release information "in the fullness of time"

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2016, 02:49:26 PM »
It's not happening. I find it hard to believe that the English FA is taking over 5 months to approve it. Something else is happening behind the scenes which we will learn soon. Just my two cents

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2016, 05:04:22 PM »
Do they ever really announce these kind of things before it's time to call up a team?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2016, 07:41:41 PM »
Do they ever really announce these kind of things before it's time to call up a team?

If memory serves, we heard a few weeks in advance that Bostock would be representing TT for the March games. If everything was fine and ready to go with Bostock, the TTFA would have written a press release about it by now. Maybe, they got word that he is now eligible and keeping it quiet about it. Or, Bostock has had a change of heart. Or the English FA is just taking their time to approve it. Regardless of the situation, I think his future with TT is in doubt.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2016, 08:07:58 PM »

If memory serves, we heard a few weeks in advance that Bostock would be representing TT for the March games. If everything was fine and ready to go with Bostock, the TTFA would have written a press release about it by now. Maybe, they got word that he is now eligible and keeping it quiet about it. Or, Bostock has had a change of heart. Or the English FA is just taking their time to approve it. Regardless of the situation, I think his future with TT is in doubt.

I watched the game and the commentator said that he's now a Trinidad & Tobago international

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2016, 09:40:15 PM »

I watched the game and the commentator said that he's now a Trinidad & Tobago international

Sorry. Which game? You mean his recent club game? The question isn't about him being a TT international.. He is able to play in friendlies. However, he can't play in qualifiers.

From what I understand the English FA needs to submit a letter to FIFA indicating that he is not going to be representing England.

I would not get too excited from what the commentator said. Sometimes these guys source Twitter, Facebook and other social media outlets. But then again if the commentator said he is "now" a Trinidad international, perhaps he is privy to some information that we don't know about.

Btw, does anyone know  DeLeon status? I read in January that his father said they started the process for him to get his passport.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2016, 11:11:53 PM »
To be honest by my recollection, noone knew beforehand of Bostock's call up. We were all surprised and excited when Hart announced his squad. In fairness to DJW and TTFA the only reason to announce if/when the application is successful before squad announcement is for us, the fans benefit. No big scene.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 25, 2016, 05:52:02 AM »
To be honest by my recollection, noone knew beforehand of Bostock's call up. We were all surprised and excited when Hart announced his squad. In fairness to DJW and TTFA the only reason to announce if/when the application is successful before squad announcement is for us, the fans benefit. No big scene.

Yeah. Makes sense. Sometimes the media gets wind of the story and releases before the association. We'll see what transpires in the next 4 weeks. I'm sure the only who knows what is really going on is Bostock himself. But given the way things are nowadays, he might not even know.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #226 on: July 25, 2016, 07:31:33 AM »
He doh need no special press release, giving him star boy treatment before he earn it. He's just another player to be called into the team until he demonstrate that he's more than just that. Ah know man anxious about the potential boost (self included), but chill. We go find out if he playing when they call up people.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 25, 2016, 07:38:54 AM »
maybe there's a reason why de TTFA hasn't said anything as yet.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 09, 2016, 11:47:18 AM »
Bostock scored the first goal in a league cup game against AC Ajaccio. FT. 3-0
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 12:24:50 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 09, 2016, 02:55:26 PM »
A well taken cheeky freekick he scored tonight. I should also mention that on the weekend he saluted (on twitter) the Trinis who turned up at his game with a Trini flag saying, "Amazing atmosphere last night. S/o to the fans who brought the Trini flag".

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 09, 2016, 05:22:06 PM »
A well taken cheeky freekick he scored tonight. I should also mention that on the weekend he saluted (on twitter) the Trinis who turned up at his game with a Trini flag saying, "Amazing atmosphere last night. S/o to the fans who brought the Trini flag".

The good news is he recognises the flag. :devil:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 10, 2016, 04:54:28 PM »
Goal free kick

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fK6V-6iCtT0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fK6V-6iCtT0</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 10, 2016, 06:08:02 PM »

VERY strange goings on with the Bostock and FIFA situation

Everything FIFA has asked for has been provided to them

They even got a letter from the Ministry advising that Bostock is a certified citizen of T&T

Players in CONCACAF like Jermaine Jones...who was born in Germany, represented Germany at youth and U21 level, are allowed to play for the US. 

So there's plenty of precedent.  Yet up to now, Bostock still cyah get clearance from FIFA to represent T&T

If ah was a cynic, ah would say that somebody deliberately blocking Bostock from playing for T&T and have help in very high places to do just that.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 10, 2016, 06:18:53 PM »

VERY strange goings on with the Bostock and FIFA situation

Everything FIFA has asked for has been provided to them

They even got a letter from the Ministry advising that Bostock is a certified citizen of T&T

Players in CONCACAF like Jermaine Jones...who was born in Germany, represented Germany at youth and U21 level, are allowed to play for the US. 

So there's plenty of precedent.  Yet up to now, Bostock still cyah get clearance from FIFA to represent T&T

If ah was a cynic, ah would say that somebody deliberately blocking Bostock from playing for T&T and have help in very high places to do just that.

I suspect the same. Wish someone could lift the lid on what's really going on.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 10, 2016, 07:28:54 PM »
^^^That's why we to ask questions to shed light on this. Is he eligible for qualifying selection or not? Too secretive for my liking.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2016, 10:29:28 PM »
I am almost certain he will be fine come qualifiers.  There really isn't any cause for concern until Hart names his squad.  Nobody's bigger than the team so we just have to wait and see

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2016, 12:17:55 AM »
In an interview posted recently on the TTFA Facebook timeline, Hart said that every they asked for is with FIFA, it's up to them now but he doesn't know what the hold up is with them. He also confirmed that the TTFA is following it up

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 11, 2016, 01:36:44 AM »
WATCH: John Bostock scores his first goal for RC Lens in a 3-0 win over AC Ajaccio

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YgD6A6_Z9IY?start=35" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YgD6A6_Z9IY?start=35</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2016, 10:11:49 AM »
Simple solution.

Bostock should sign for W Connection.

Then he'll be cleared to play for T&T retroactively
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 11, 2016, 03:16:32 PM »
This Bostock impasse is absolutely mind boggling. Unless the English FA has designs on him playing for English, what it is wrong here.

1]; } ?>