April 24, 2024, 05:30:39 PM

Author Topic: John Bostock Thread  (Read 97483 times)

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Bostock Thread
« Reply #240 on: August 11, 2016, 04:08:13 PM »
This Bostock impasse is absolutely mind boggling. Unless the English FA has designs on him playing for English, what it is wrong here.

According to Hart the English FA has done their bit and it's with FIFA.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2016, 04:19:40 PM »
This Bostock impasse is absolutely mind boggling. Unless the English FA has designs on him playing for English, what it is wrong here.

Why the arse fifa cyah release the friggin man. Is more than enough time. They doing like if it is a security clearance.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2016, 09:27:54 PM »

Why the arse fifa cyah release the friggin man. Is more than enough time. They doing like if it is a security clearance.

has the scottish  Fa  written to fifa also ??
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 11, 2016, 10:47:04 PM »

Unless Scotland wants him, I can't see why they would not release him.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 11, 2016, 11:19:24 PM »

All the Home Nations had done their bit including Scotland. It's with FIFA now and I guess is just administrative traffic. P**s take tbh on English FA initially, now Fifa

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 15, 2016, 05:05:56 PM »
WATCH: John Bostock scores for a second consecutive match in RC Lens’ 2-0 win over Nîmes Olympique

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bCoLEymYQlA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bCoLEymYQlA</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #246 on: August 24, 2016, 10:14:15 AM »
According to the express and their interview with the autocrat.. He said he should find out today from Fifa.. :D

Everything in the fullness of time of course..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 24, 2016, 02:30:50 PM »
What kind ah ting is this?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 04:50:17 PM by Deeks »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 25, 2016, 07:41:36 AM »
Hart said it right in his interview, USA typically gets their German born players eligible relatively quickly but we have to wait in the fullness of time. I will give FIFA the benefit of the doubt given they probably had their hands full during the transfer window for the European leagues, hopefully he's released very soon.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 25, 2016, 07:55:37 AM »
Hart said it right in his interview, USA typically gets their German born players eligible relatively quickly but we have to wait in the fullness of time. I will give FIFA the benefit of the doubt given they probably had their hands full during the transfer window for the European leagues, hopefully he's released very soon.

When was the last set of WC Qualifiers? Since then we had the transfer lodged. Nothing logically could justify this delay.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 25, 2016, 09:49:56 AM »
His first training session with the Warriors was on March 21st. This is getting silly.  ???

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 26, 2016, 06:46:24 AM »
Bostock in Soca Warriors team for WC qualifiers
Friday, August 26 2016
Newsday

JOHN BOSTO CK has been included in the 24-man Soca Warriors squad for the crucial Russia 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Guatemala and USA, as head coach Stephen Hart is confident he will get the all clear from FIFA.

TT will face Guatemala on September 2 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port-of-Spain from 7.06 pm before playing USA on September 6. Bostock, who is an English based player born to a Trinidadian father and Scottish mother, has been trying to get clearance from world football body FIFA to play for Trinidad and Tobago.

Yesterday at a press conference at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain Hart was confident that Bostock would get the clearance and included him in the 24-man squad.

Hart explained, “the situation with Bostock is that there has been ongoing dialogue between the president (of the TT Football Association David John Williams) and FIFA. The president has been persistent in his push to get this situation clarified. We are almost 100 percent sure that the situation should be resolved by Monday. All the documentation and dialogue has been ongoing for weeks now.” Also included in the TT lineup is Canadian-born goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh who plays for Louisville City FC in the United Soccer League in USA.

Hart said Ranjitsingh has been showing potential. “I have had him scouted quite extensively. He has been having a very consistent season. I thought it would be an opportunity for him to come in to work with Michael Maurice and to of course push for selection within the squad.” TT , which is on top of group three with 10 points, needs just one point from their remaining two matches to ensure a place in the final round of World Cup qualifiers.

Hart expects a difficult match against Guatemala. “Guatemala as well as everybody knows what this game means. Both Guatemala and the United States arguably have a better set up in that they are both going to play their final games at home. Guatemala knows very well that this is a game they have to come and get a result and they are going to come and fight for that result. We have to be aware of that ourselves, I don’t anticipate this game to be pretty at all.” Hart said that the TT team will have a small training session on Sunday before the official camp begins on Monday with the full compliment of players.

Keron Cummings has been left out of the squad as Hart believes he is not ready to resume his international career. Cummings was shot in his right leg in December 2015 which kept him out for months. He has played matches for North Stars FC in the TT Pro League since May but thinks the midfielder needs more time.

“I think his touch is there, his mobility is still a little bit questionable.

He is still a little bit scared of tackles and situations like that but his touch and vision is there. I am not sure if he is ready to play an international game yet but I will keep my eyes on him of course.” TT SQUAD - Kenwyne Jones (captain), Marvin Phillip, Greg Ranjitsingh, Adrian Foncette, Aubrey David, Radanfah Abu Bakr, Sheldon Bateau, Carlyle Mitchell, Daneil Cyrus, Yohance Marshall, Mekeil Williams, Joevin Jones, Andre Boucaud, Hughtun Hector, John Bostock, Levi Garcia, Kevin Molino, Khaleem Hyland, Neveal Hackshaw, Jomal Williams, Trevin Caesar, Shahdon Winchester, Kevan George, Cordell Cato, Kenwyne Jones

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 26, 2016, 08:50:52 AM »
Is this "journalist" having a laugh. Cummings transferred and plays for Central FC or am I seriously mistaken?

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 26, 2016, 09:36:04 AM »
Is this "journalist" having a laugh. Cummings transferred and plays for Central FC or am I seriously mistaken?

No, you're right  :beermug:
http://wired868.com/2016/08/03/ball-pest-returns-but-vancouver-edge-central-in-champions-league-opener/

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 26, 2016, 09:49:39 AM »
These "journalists" need their heads examined. I'm sure in his world Messi plays for Real and Ronaldo for Barcelona. SMFH

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 26, 2016, 11:01:55 AM »
Is not the journalists fault.

That's supposed to be why newspapers have editors.

The ultimate responsibility lies with the editor
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 26, 2016, 12:55:05 PM »
is all ah dem fault....is de journalist fault, de editor fault, even de man who printing de papers should have read it off the press and say.."buh wait nuh.. dat ain't sounding right"..  ;)
GO WARRIORS
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 26, 2016, 02:33:36 PM »
He scored a penalty today in a 1-1 tie against Troyes.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 26, 2016, 03:23:04 PM »
Suppose the man did say Kieron Pollard now, all now so, he dun string up by he cricket balls   :rotfl:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 26, 2016, 08:49:32 PM »
WATCH: John Bostock scores a penalty for RC Lens in a 1-1 draw with Troyes

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bz-Jwnkd0BQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bz-Jwnkd0BQ</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 27, 2016, 07:06:05 AM »
https://youtu.be/5YJxcic-low

Take a look at this guys
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 29, 2016, 04:39:23 PM »
I know its not the same situation but this constant go no go reminds me of Zamora. I know Bostock seems more genuine in his desire to play but.....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 29, 2016, 06:58:16 PM »
Interesting article in The Guardian regarding Big Sam's plans regarding selecting "foreigners" and foreign-based players for England. Instructive reading.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 29, 2016, 10:47:07 PM »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #264 on: August 30, 2016, 06:32:05 AM »
Bostock out for Guatemala,US matches.
By JELANI BECKLES (Newsday).

JOHN BOSTOCK will have to wait to make his debut for the Soca Warriors following the theft of his passport and the delay by FIFA in granting the midfielder clearance to play for the national team.

English-born Bostock, who has a Trinidadian father and Scottish mother, has been trying to get clearance from FIFA to play for the Soca Warriors. National football team head coach Stephen Hart expressed confidence last week in a press conference that Bostock would have been cleared by FIFA yesterday.

However Bostock confirmed on twitter yesterday that he will not be available for the Soca Warriors matches against Guatemala and USA on Friday and September 6 respectively. Bostock tweeted, “Unfortunately due to the hold up of FIFA’s decision with my international clearance and the recent theft of my passport, I’m not able to travel to and from Trinidad within the timescale to play against Guatemala and The US.

Understandably I’m very disappointed to miss out on these crucial games for TT but I wish the boys all the best and I’m confident we will qualify for the next round. I look forward to making my debut for the Soca Warriors in the near future.”

After hearing the disappointing news about Bostock the Soca Warriors tweeted, “Not what we wanted to hear, but we will just have to wait until the Hex for your debut. In the meantime, have a great season.” T&T needs just one point from their remaining two matches to seal a place in the final round of qualifying referred to as the ‘Hex’ which comprises the top six teams in CONCACAF. T&T will play Guatemala on Friday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain from 7.06 pm before travelling to Jacksonville, Florida to face USA on September 6.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 30, 2016, 09:19:46 AM »
So who replaces Bostock? I really don't understand why the urgency of getting him cleared comes days before a game and not months.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 30, 2016, 09:33:56 AM »
No one replaces him. Hart chose a 24 man squad rather than the customary 23 in anticipation as he awaited clearance from FIFA with insurances that it would have been completed on Monday.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 30, 2016, 09:45:34 AM »
Yea, Hart should call a replacement just incase, he need to use he allotment.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 30, 2016, 10:02:47 AM »
Look, if we cyah beat Guatemala with that squad, we eh deserve to go to the Hex. We beat Guat in Guat without John. We just have to do it again. These guys should know the ropes by now. They under Hart influence for the past 2 yrs. They only get to spend a week with him before a match. You think these guys should not know how to get themselves together. Steuups!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2016, 05:30:09 AM »
Kosovo plays their first ever WCQ game this weekend with 10 of their 25 man party facing eligibility concerns. This is different to Bostocks case but it seems FIFA is also dragging their feet here.

From The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/02/international-football-10-things-to-look-out-for-in-world-cup-2018-qualifying

A fledgling member of Fifa, Kosovo will play their first World Cup qualifier when they take on Finland at Turku’s Veritas Stadion on Monday. Quite who will represent them remains unclear, with nearly half of the squad that travelled on Thursday still not certain of receiving clearance to play.

Despite the imminence of Kosovo’s first qualifier in a tough group including Croatia, Ukraine, Iceland, Turkey and Finland, Fifa is dragging its feet and has yet to formally clear the players in question to represent a different country. “The various applications are currently pending and being investigated,” said a spokesman. “As a result and in accordance with our usual practice, we are not in a position to further comment on them, nor to give them an estimation of the time line.”

With their first match looming in the face of this obfuscation, the KFF is obviously in need of a decision and has suggested it may take the matter to the Court of Arbitration for Sport if things do not go its way. In the meantime, the Kosovo coach, Albert Bunjaki, must prepare for his country’s maiden World Cup qualifier with at least one contingency plan up his sleeve.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>