April 18, 2024, 07:09:27 PM

Author Topic: John Bostock Thread  (Read 97231 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Bostock Thread
« Reply #270 on: September 02, 2016, 06:36:45 AM »
Look, if we cyah beat Guatemala with that squad, we eh deserve to go to the Hex. We beat Guat in Guat without John. We just have to do it again. These guys should know the ropes by now. They under Hart influence for the past 2 yrs. They only get to spend a week with him before a match. You think these guys should not know how to get themselves together. Steuups!
The best few lines I have read so far on this game.I know all games are difficult,but that is what we know,play to your potential and win,at worst a draw.Some posts are sounding as if we are about to play Germany to get into the Hex.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 02, 2016, 11:49:07 AM »
Look, if we cyah beat Guatemala with that squad, we eh deserve to go to the Hex. We beat Guat in Guat without John. We just have to do it again. These guys should know the ropes by now. They under Hart influence for the past 2 yrs. They only get to spend a week with him before a match. You think these guys should not know how to get themselves together. Steuups!
The best few lines I have read so far on this game.I know all games are difficult,but that is what we know,play to your potential and win,at worst a draw.Some posts are sounding as if we are about to play Germany to get into the Hex.

Some people know our history in home matches where we need a result and are understandably expressing caution IMO

Would be nice if in those kind of matches, we would repeat the performance against Mexico to get us to the WC Playoff against Bahrain.....but that was the exception rather than the rule.

I have confidence in this team & coaching staff.  It's in our hands and aside from being already qualified, we couldn't ask for a better scenario.

Go Warriors!

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 02, 2016, 12:12:40 PM »

Some people know our history in home matches where we need a result and are understandably expressing caution IMO

Would be nice if in those kind of matches, we would repeat the performance against Mexico to get us to the WC Playoff against Bahrain.....but that was the exception rather than the rule.

I have confidence in this team & coaching staff.  It's in our hands and aside from being already qualified, we couldn't ask for a better scenario.

Go Warriors!

Well said Palos. Well said.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
John Bostock.
« Reply #273 on: September 03, 2016, 06:22:01 AM »
I wonder if Mr.Bostock is" hedging his bets",and using The Soca Warriors as a last resort,that excuse about losing his Passport don't sound true.He could be looking at a return to the EPL,and a chance for an England spot who has a new manager.I also heard he could play for Scotland.The time that it's taken and still not resolved is unbelievable.I won't be surprised if he sorts out problems and is on his way to play for the Warriors now,as maybe de Leon.
Just look at Jamaica,they got so many Refugees and their game is still f**ked up,daiz ah lesson right deh.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Bostock.
« Reply #274 on: September 03, 2016, 07:04:52 AM »
Bostock sent out a tweet last night after the game:

photo ·    John Bostock

@JohnJBostock

12h

Congrats on qualifying for the Hex brothers. It wasn't easy but we are one step closer to achieving the dream#wc2018 #Trinidad 🇹🇹

https://mobile.twitter.com/johnjbostock

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 03, 2016, 07:23:32 AM »
so you're basically saying that a player from a Ligue 2 team (RC Lens) can make an England squad?  :rotfl:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 03, 2016, 07:24:32 AM »
We have ah John Bostock thread

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 03, 2016, 10:13:25 AM »
I wonder if Mr.Bostock is" hedging his bets",and using The Soca Warriors as a last resort,that excuse about losing his Passport don't sound true.He could be looking at a return to the EPL,and a chance for an England spot who has a new manager.I also heard he could play for Scotland.The time that it's taken and still not resolved is unbelievable.I won't be surprised if he sorts out problems and is on his way to play for the Warriors now,as maybe de Leon.
Just look at Jamaica,they got so many Refugees and their game is still f**ked up,daiz ah lesson right deh.
Watching a few games for Deleon, although I cannot question his quality, don't know who he can replace at this point. I think, i prefer Bostock as a JJ/Molino backup. Dilly II might replace Cato/Hector, but haven't seen Hector for awhile, yet he there now and for awhile, and chemistry is important. I rather a fully committed than a fella doing a favor. Even Bostock already dun buss a lime.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 04, 2016, 05:11:41 AM »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 04, 2016, 05:31:50 AM »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 05:46:27 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 04, 2016, 10:31:01 AM »
Watching a few games for Deleon, although I cannot question his quality, don't know who he can replace at this point. I think, i prefer Bostock as a JJ/Molino backup. Dilly II might replace Cato/Hector, but haven't seen Hector for awhile, yet he there now and for awhile, and chemistry is important. I rather a fully committed than a fella doing a favor. Even Bostock already dun buss a lime.

Deleon is an impact player coming off the bench just because of his workrate.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 04, 2016, 11:50:37 AM »
I see this term used a lot lately, what is an impact player ? Any substitution made is to have an effect on the current game. Thus in my undertanding, everyone on the bench is a potential impact player, from defense to offense. If they not goingto have an impact on the flow of the game, then why pick them or put them in ? We tend to have a lot of new words to describe age old stuff, and figuring we should get a new process. There are new processes, like nutrition, training methods and fitness developmnet, , some footwear etc, but the mindset hasn't changed much.. I see #9, False 9, 10, all kinda terminologies, but is the same systems..People play and adjust to suite the position of the ball.
Anyway, on Dilly II, judgng from his play, i repeat, I won't say he would not bring something to the table, he good. But with the current players around, I do not see a greater impact on the team that we currently have... eg. Cyrus overlaps, and squares..no right midfield involvement except for a fake run into space..or Cyrus overlaps and feeds Cato..the 2 times, would Dilly have made a bigger difference, not sure..now is the difference he would make, worth dropping exactly what I know, and his teammates know what Cato or Hector will do or try to do, or capable of, wil it disrupt these guys hanging together for the last few years and wanting to play with the coach and following his instructions, and accepting they buff when they don't. How will he react when buffed by KJ ? The guys will need time to know him and him them, but he ain't even make a turn yet, after all these years..just we talking, no passport , injury or Fifa excuse..just we talking...He make up with he father, nice...well visit and check a game nah, we might even sit yuh in VIP..nope, nothing.. Forget Dilly II, when he ready he will do what he have to do, and we will evaluate, but won't be surprised if it already to late.

add: oops is a Bostock thread..at least Bostock, come a session and watch ah game and maybe cheers a Carib with the lads, "we did a little bottle & spoon ting, is all hon"..So I going with he, if the opportunity surfaces..and he better have an impact, else we dropping him same speed.  :devil:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 11:55:52 AM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 05, 2016, 06:57:47 AM »
I see this term used a lot lately, what is an impact player ? Any substitution made is to have an effect on the current game. Thus in my undertanding, everyone on the bench is a potential impact player, from defense to offense. If they not goingto have an impact on the flow of the game, then why pick them or put them in ? We tend to have a lot of new words to describe age old stuff, and figuring we should get a new process. There are new processes, like nutrition, training methods and fitness developmnet, , some footwear etc, but the mindset hasn't changed much.. I see #9, False 9, 10, all kinda terminologies, but is the same systems..People play and adjust to suite the position of the ball.
Anyway, on Dilly II, judgng from his play, i repeat, I won't say he would not bring something to the table, he good. But with the current players around, I do not see a greater impact on the team that we currently have... eg. Cyrus overlaps, and squares..no right midfield involvement except for a fake run into space..or Cyrus overlaps and feeds Cato..the 2 times, would Dilly have made a bigger difference, not sure..now is the difference he would make, worth dropping exactly what I know, and his teammates know what Cato or Hector will do or try to do, or capable of, wil it disrupt these guys hanging together for the last few years and wanting to play with the coach and following his instructions, and accepting they buff when they don't. How will he react when buffed by KJ ? The guys will need time to know him and him them, but he ain't even make a turn yet, after all these years..just we talking, no passport , injury or Fifa excuse..just we talking...He make up with he father, nice...well visit and check a game nah, we might even sit yuh in VIP..nope, nothing.. Forget Dilly II, when he ready he will do what he have to do, and we will evaluate, but won't be surprised if it already to late.

add: oops is a Bostock thread..at least Bostock, come a session and watch ah game and maybe cheers a Carib with the lads, "we did a little bottle & spoon ting, is all hon"..So I going with he, if the opportunity surfaces..and he better have an impact, else we dropping him same speed.  :devil:

Some substitutions are made NOT to alter the status quo but to maintain the status quo. One could argue this signifies having an "impact" on the game, but that is not what IMPACT (lehwe say, in capital letters) means.

I think yuh stretching the literal interpretation of "impact".

What you have raised can't be explained merely by resort to abstract definition of a word, in the absence of sporting context.

It's undeniable that some players are "impact subs" in that they radically alter the game state in favour of their team.

Everyone on the bench is NOT an impact player waiting on the sideline ... despite them all having the capacity to affect some moments of the game. Different things.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 05, 2016, 09:01:20 AM »
Hart sees Levi Garcia as an impact player. Hart in his interview said putting on two attacking players (IMPACT) made the difference in pinning the Guats back.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 05, 2016, 11:30:09 AM »
Allyuh please forgive meh breddrin maxg.

He from Montreal and anytime he see de word "impact", he does get a little proprietary  :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 05, 2016, 11:48:39 AM »

He from Montreal and anytime he see de word "impact", he does get a little proprietary  :devil:
:)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 05, 2016, 12:35:08 PM »

es tu Brute    :beermug:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 05, 2016, 12:42:30 PM »

Some substitutions are made NOT to alter the status quo but to maintain the status quo. One could argue this signifies having an "impact" on the game, but that is not what IMPACT (lehwe say, in capital letters) means.

What you have raised can't be explained merely by resort to abstract definition of a word, in the absence of sporting context.

It's undeniable that some players are "impact subs" in that they radically alter the game state in favour of their team.

Everyone on the bench is NOT an impact player waiting on the sideline ... despite them all having the capacity to affect some moments of the game. Different things.
Hear yuh...and yes, I stretch it dey..but why not start with yuh impact player and impact the game from the start ? instead of waiting to see what happens or things not going your way. I mean, saying a player is going to come on an impact a game is a guess at best, and for whatever reasons he did not start, coming on as a sub, he has a limited time to even have any effect, if at all. Many such players may not even get the ball in the time on.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 06, 2016, 08:53:17 AM »

Hear yuh...and yes, I stretch it dey..but why not start with yuh impact player and impact the game from the start ? instead of waiting to see what happens or things not going your way. I mean, saying a player is going to come on an impact a game is a guess at best, and for whatever reasons he did not start, coming on as a sub, he has a limited time to even have any effect, if at all. Many such players may not even get the ball in the time on.
Plan A, Plan B?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 20, 2016, 03:52:07 PM »
He scored a brace today in a Cup game win against Orleans.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 20, 2016, 04:59:36 PM »
He get his Trini stuff straighten out as yet?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 20, 2016, 05:29:42 PM »
Plan A, Plan B?
Sorry didn't see your post...Discovery of the lack of impactedness leads us to actually revert forward to stick with Plan A in the 1st place. - back to the future per se  ;D

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 20, 2016, 07:55:47 PM »
He score a nice panenka today

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 20, 2016, 11:30:54 PM »
He was the heartbeat of Lens. Scored 2, set up 2

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 21, 2016, 11:00:20 PM »
Like FIFA hitting we a 6 fuh ah 9 here, can't understand the hold up still

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #296 on: September 22, 2016, 09:24:17 AM »
Is there still a hold up? I thought everything was fix up but it happen too late for him to come.

Offline marcjoe.artis

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 23, 2016, 07:20:27 PM »
He is a Trini on EA's FIFA 17. With a sexy 69 as his in game rating.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 23, 2016, 08:23:35 PM »
He is a Trini on EA's FIFA 17. With a sexy 69 as his in game rating.

How IRONICAL!!!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 24, 2016, 08:27:55 PM »
Is there still a hold up? I thought everything was fix up but it happen too late for him to come.
I haven't heard anything of him being cleared. Last I heard he lost his passport and he withdrew from selection but he wasn't officially cleared yet.

1]; } ?>