March 29, 2024, 05:22:18 AM

Author Topic: John Bostock Thread  (Read 96639 times)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Bostock Thread
« Reply #300 on: September 24, 2016, 10:26:54 PM »
All dis talk on dis board bout dis player....allyuh eh have nutten  better to do..

:bs:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 24, 2016, 11:19:13 PM »
All dis talk on dis board bout dis player....allyuh eh have nutten  better to do..

We could talk about you :yawning:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bostock gets FIFA clearance to play for Trinidad and Tobago
« Reply #302 on: November 07, 2016, 01:48:12 PM »
Bostock gets FIFA clearance to play for Trinidad and Tobago
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association today received official clearance from FIFA for John Bostock to represent this country’s National Senior Men’s Team.

The correspondence from FIFA was received by the TTFA which has declared Bostock eligible to play for T&T. This also means that Bostock cannot play for any other country from here on as FIFA rules state once a player has switched nationality once, he cannot make a second change to become eligible for another country.

“It’s good news for us,” T&T head coach Stephen  Hart said as he thanked the TTFA for its efforts in securing the necessary documentation for Bostock. “Obviously it’s been a long time for this to come through going back to March and I would like to thank the FA for taking all the necessary steps and seeing it through to the end.”

Bostock previously represented England in official competition at the youth level. His father is Trinidad and Tobago-born which allows him to play for T&T.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 07, 2016, 03:25:34 PM »
FINALLY!!!!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 07, 2016, 06:23:12 PM »
Well .... Well .... Welll. Proves me wrong. Welcome to the topsy turvey world of Trinto  Soca Warriors(Red Army) football.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bostock to miss upcoming World Cup Qualifiers
« Reply #305 on: November 08, 2016, 07:38:00 AM »
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association wishes to advise that Midfielder John Bostock has withdrawn from the National Senior Men’s Team for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Costa Rica and Honduras due to personal reasons.

Bostock was given clearance by FIFA on Monday to represent this country. However he has informed National Senior Team Head Coach Stephen Hart that he regrettably cannot travel this week to join the rest of the squad.

The player issued a statement today, stating that he hopes to make his international debut for Trinidad and Tobago in the not too distant future.

“As many may know it has been a long process in receiving the clearance from FIFA. So understandably it is now with deep regret that due to personal reasons that I’m unable to disclose, I cannot play for Trinidad and Tobago at this stage,” Bostock told TTFA Media.

“I wish Coach Stephen Hart and the boys all the best for the upcoming games. I will of course be following the matches closely and God willing I will be able to make my international bow in the not too distant future,” Bostock stated.

Head Coach Hart added: “I had a conversation with him where he was emotional in expressing his withdrawal due to a family situation which he did not want to disclose.

“We have 23-players in the squad and we will get on with the business of preparing for Friday’s match. The mood is good and upbeat after the first couple of sessions and everyone appears to be in a good physical and mental state of mind based on how things have looked on the training field so far and we’ll have everybody in by today and with that we’ll move ahead full steam with the preparations,” Hart said.

Hart and the T&T squad continues its preparations today with a full session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium this evening. Some of the other overseas-based players joins the squad today including Mexican-based duo Jomal Williams and Yohance Marshall, Belgium-based midfielder Khaleem Hyland, defender Sheldon Bateau and Holland-based winger Levi Garcia.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 08, 2016, 07:50:36 AM »
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association wishes to advise that Midfielder John Bostock has withdrawn from the National Senior Men’s Team for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Costa Rica and Honduras due to personal reasons.

Bostock was given clearance by FIFA on Monday to represent this country. However he has informed National Senior Team Head Coach Stephen Hart that he regrettably cannot travel this week to join the rest of the squad.

The player issued a statement today, stating that he hopes to make his international debut for Trinidad and Tobago in the not too distant future.

“As many may know it has been a long process in receiving the clearance from FIFA. So understandably it is now with deep regret that due to personal reasons that I’m unable to disclose, I cannot play for Trinidad and Tobago at this stage,” Bostock told TTFA Media.

“I wish Coach Stephen Hart and the boys all the best for the upcoming games. I will of course be following the matches closely and God willing I will be able to make my international bow in the not too distant future,” Bostock stated.

Head Coach Hart added: “I had a conversation with him where he was emotional in expressing his withdrawal due to a family situation which he did not want to disclose.

“We have 23-players in the squad and we will get on with the business of preparing for Friday’s match. The mood is good and upbeat after the first couple of sessions and everyone appears to be in a good physical and mental state of mind based on how things have looked on the training field so far and we’ll have everybody in by today and with that we’ll move ahead full steam with the preparations,” Hart said.

Hart and the T&T squad continues its preparations today with a full session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium this evening. Some of the other overseas-based players joins the squad today including Mexican-based duo Jomal Williams and Yohance Marshall, Belgium-based midfielder Khaleem Hyland, defender Sheldon Bateau and Holland-based winger Levi Garcia.

alright... we just got to do what we have to do.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 08, 2016, 08:52:18 AM »
Club pressure?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 08, 2016, 09:02:06 AM »
Club pressure?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 08, 2016, 09:07:23 AM »
Family first. Hope everything work out well for his situation

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 08, 2016, 10:01:01 AM »
hope all is ok with him...this has the same disappointment of when yuh checking ah nice ting for months and then yuh finally get your chance only to be turned off by something she does.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 08, 2016, 10:18:48 AM »
If its a family situation he has expressed then it is what it is.

But the last time he was called up notwithstanding the FA didn't get FIFA clearance he also said his passport was stolen and he couldn't travel anyways.

Do we know if ever got that lost passport situation resolved?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 10:35:21 AM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 15, 2016, 04:58:29 AM »
Bostock has been chosen Ligue 2 Player of the Month (October).

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 15, 2016, 07:00:10 AM »
Congrats to John. But  as it is right now, that is of little comfort to our team going into this game. If we don't get a point here tonight, we will being in a real trou macak. But let's hope his personal issues are dealt with first before he step on the field for us in the very near future ....... hopefully ...... maybe.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 15, 2016, 10:23:19 AM »
How is he on the defensive side? I never really saw him tackling in highlights.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #315 on: November 15, 2016, 10:47:48 AM »
How is he on the defensive side? I never really saw him tackling in highlights.

I looked at him for about 20 minutes in his last match.

Decent distribution. Sent in a great past from the right top of the box only for his teammate to find a way not to schore.
Decent left foot. Was taking the FKs for the team.

As I said only saw him for 20 mnts but liked what I saw.
Defensively speaking can't really remember.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 18, 2016, 06:59:03 PM »
He play today?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 18, 2016, 11:22:22 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 13, 2016, 08:20:13 AM »
So have we seen the last of Bostock? Does Saintfiet possess the capital to keep Bostock on board? Should a Belgian coach be able to form ties with a player who has played at Antwerp and in Leuven?

« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 08:23:37 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 13, 2016, 08:24:47 AM »
Leh we forget about this guy, nah.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 13, 2016, 08:29:52 AM »
So have we seen the last of Bostock? Does Saintfiet possess the capital to keep Bostock on board?

I think we have...but time will tell. Ligue 2 will be on winter break, so he should be available for the Nicaragua friendlies as well as Gold Cup qualifiers.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 13, 2016, 08:43:28 AM »

A lot of resources were invested in securing his eligibility. Why walk away from that easy so?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 13, 2016, 08:54:34 AM »

A lot of resources were invested in securing his eligibility. Why walk away from that easy so?

He doh play for W Connection?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 13, 2016, 11:24:11 AM »

We don't know how far he has reached in resolving his personal problems. We need serious help right now. we have about 4 important games in one month. We have to win all of them. You see the state of our team and football. If and when he comes, we need performance. He will be relied upon heavily. If he can't give us that reliance, what is the point in coming?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #324 on: December 13, 2016, 07:27:45 PM »

We don't know how far he has reached in resolving his personal problems. We need serious help right now. we have about 4 important games in one month. We have to win all of them. You see the state of our team and football. If and when he comes, we need performance. He will be relied upon heavily. If he can't give us that reliance, what is the point in coming?

What make you think David John want bostock on the team?

He would rather have a connection player in bostock place, and Cummings off the team... as soon as Cummings was gone, a connection player was selected for the squad..

So it may not be john, but the dictator and his minions

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 13, 2016, 08:36:14 PM »
DamnJackassWilliams and his cronies would never want a man like Bostock on the team as he probably is too independent and cannot be controlled.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 14, 2016, 07:14:01 AM »
We still don't know what is the real issue with Bostock.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #327 on: December 14, 2016, 11:25:17 AM »
We still don't know what is the real issue with Bostock.

The issue is not with john but with David john

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 17, 2016, 11:11:55 AM »

Let Bostock stay right where he is,he don't want to play for TT,fuget em rass.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 17, 2016, 01:26:15 PM »

Let Bostock stay right where he is,he don't want to play for TT,fuget em rass.
if he didn't want to play then he would not have went through the trouble to travel to trinidad during the first st vincent encounter in the first place. god knows if DJW had anything to do with his change of heart, or maybe it was something he heard or saw while he was here that turned him off. in case you haven't noticed, our infrastructure is not quite conducive to the sport of football on a professional level, and who the hell needs that?

1]; } ?>