March 28, 2024, 12:23:45 PM

Author Topic: John Bostock Thread  (Read 96596 times)

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Bostock Thread
« Reply #330 on: December 17, 2016, 04:16:09 PM »
Serious ballers eh risking life and limb to come here and play. We in a mess.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 18, 2016, 12:56:29 PM »
I cannot believe the things I'm hearing about this bloke DJW,you just cannot be a Trini and do things to sabotage TT football,it is just unbelievable,I must be naive,or just not aware of how people have changed  over the years.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 29, 2016, 08:41:42 PM »
Change of 'Hart'? Former England player John Bostock goes off radar
By Ian Prescott, T&T Express.

JOHN BOSTOCK has disappeared.

We know he's in France, but apparently, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association(TTFA) has lost him.

Is John Bostock still interested in representing Trinidad and Tobago? The question was posed to David John-Williams, president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) on the eve of the Christmas holidays and just prior to the departure of the team for the two Nicaragua friendly matches.

T&T are of course using the matches as preparation for important Caribbean qualifiers against Suriname (January 4) and Haiti [January 8], as new coach, Belgian Tom Saintfiet plots a back door entry into the 2017 Gold Cup.

“I can't answer that question,” the president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) stated frankly, on the Bostock enquiry.

“I tried contacting him last week, but he did not answer his phone,” John-Williams added. “The last person who would have talked to him would be Mr Hart.”
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:45:16 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 29, 2016, 08:47:19 PM »
Note sure whether the article above is presented in its entirety or whether it's merely an excerpt.

Found the final sentence to be suggestive.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #334 on: December 30, 2016, 02:24:22 AM »
His non response is indicative of the times to come in a Hartless national team

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #335 on: December 30, 2016, 07:11:51 AM »

Was he ever interested or was it only Hart trying to get him?
Could explain how this thing draw out so long because TTFA couldn't care less to help Hart. Or was it Bostock fault.

That kind of response should be invitation for the reporter to get in contact with Bostock for comment or say if he had the same difficulty. We flying people in from further and evaluating all new options...or is it only new local options minus W Connection main rival?

This is poor. Are we really giving this our best shot to qualify for these 2 tournaments.  ???

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 30, 2016, 07:21:48 AM »
We need to hear Bostock side of the story.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 30, 2016, 09:56:01 AM »
So he went through all that trouble to get a switch of allegiance not to play ??? btw it is not a fifa date so why inquire ???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 30, 2016, 10:04:39 AM »
http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/96485/article/2016-12-29/john-bostock-les-statistiques-etaient-contre-moi#utm_medium=redaction&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=page-fan-vdn

John Bostock is the only Lensois with his captain and goalkeeper Nicolas Douchez to have played in all 19 league games since the start of the season . Ligue 2, he scored five goals (making it the third best director of the club behind Lopez and Fortuné) and delivered four assists (one less than Zoubir).

1 Childhood
- Tell us about the child you were, about his daily life and his dreams ...

"I grew up in the south end of London, when there was a real gang culture. My escape route was football. That's what I liked to do, whether it was at school, when I went out of school, when I went home. We did not have a garden, we had a small apartment, we lived in Besides six (with his parents and three sisters) in a place with two bedrooms. It was hard. So, I dreamed of becoming a footballer, that was my way out of it. We played in the apartment, my sister would play the guardian and my mother kept saying " Oh John ... " (smile).  "

- Who brought you to football, transmitted the virus?

"Sometimes you choose your passion, sometimes it is she who chooses you. I did not choose football, he chose me. I say that humbly. You know, I believe in God, and he gave me that passion and the talent to play it. As far as I can remember, I've always liked it since I was a child. Others liked to fight, or do other things, I was football. I was a normal little boy, pretty good at school, my mother was a college teacher, she helped me stay focused on my studies. My father was a taxi driver in London, he still is. Before, he had been an amateur boxer. "

"Did he coach you when you were little?"

"Yes, sometimes, in the summer, he dragged me physically. He trained me like a boxer, and it develops enormously the mind. It helps to become more aggressive, more focused, more disciplined. It was really very hard. It was the first who brought me to football, even if it was not he who passed on my passion. At five years old, he took my first subscription to Crystal Palace. "

"You were a fan of the Brazilian Ronaldinho," he said. Why him ?

"I think he was the dreamer. To see it was like magic. He was still smiling. Even when he made a mistake, he smiled. In the pros, it's very rare to see that. He has the impression that he has not grown up, that he has remained a child in his way of apprehending football. It's great to see things like that. Football is the most important sport in the world, but it's still a game, right? People are lacking food or water on this planet. I love football, but do not take it too seriously, at least not always. "

2 Sport or bats ...
"What education have your parents given you?"

"The best: stay humble and work hard. My father is my biggest fan and my biggest critic (smile) . Really. He knew what I was capable of, so he was still waiting for more ... We were very much engaged, but it was because he wanted me to be the best. My parents always showed me great confidence. "

- You come from a hot area ... Have you always been able to avoid the problems?

"Being focused on football has always pushed me to avoid problems, to keep me away from it all. At home, five people were stabbed in a single year, you know ... The statistics were against me from the start, but I knew I could do something with my life. Some have approached me, tried to pass on to me this "gang culture", to speak to me of easy money, all that ... When you see someone take out a knife, you say ... Pfff ... I want to " Have a life, a future. Football allowed me to get away with it, and God and my family allowed me to stay away from it all. "

"You still have friends there?"

" Of course. When I go home, I go back to this neighborhood, but I do not go by the same way. I no longer live there, I come to see my parents. My father is still in the same place, but I no longer have to walk or take the bus, which is more dangerous. Today, I arrive by car, it is not the same, I am aware of it. "

"Religion has undoubtedly helped you in your journey." Can you say that you are religious?

"I would not say that I am religious, because when you say that word, you pass the idea that you are a religious. I understand your idea, I would say that of me too, but I thought about it. To be precise, I have a relationship with God, but it's MY envy. Is it easy to live? Yes, because it's not something cumbersome, it's just what I'm like. It's all natural for me. I pray, I read the Bible, I go to church, I talk about it ... Soccer brings a lot of roller coaster emotionally, hard times, and believe in God, have faith allow to cross these moments -the. "

3 Culture, racism and integration
- Your mother is Scottish and your father is of Trinidadian origin. This is reflected how in you?

" The music ! Being relaxed ... It's a mentality. In the Caribbean, everyone is relaxed, time is appreciated differently. If you saw my wife, she is very organized, while I am perhaps too relaxed (laughs) . This is my Trinidadian side. I love people, music, food ... It's great to have a mix of culture, my father is from there, my mother is Scottish ... I went there twice, and once in Cuba . I would like to go more, but it is far, and today I have my son ... My wife very much want to go more. "

- It will be necessary to wait for a truce to make the carnival ...

"Ah carnival ... This is the second largest in the world behind Rio! I do not go, no ... I think it's too crazy for me, when we see how women are dressed there, I prefer to concentrate on my wife (smiles) ... Otherwise, I listen to soca . It's really pretty, easy to dance, it's something I really like. "

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 30, 2016, 10:56:37 AM »
I always thought that JB was never really interested in T&T, but it was an option in the event going into round 3.. we had some points. Even after he got the passport thing sorted out (and I know it was mentioned that there was a family matter he had to sort out).. I still got the impression that his heart was not with T&T and a real effort was not given.

PLUS.. with the current crop of marquee players Tom Saintfiet  is unearthing from the local leagues, JB may have a difficult time making the cut.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 11:02:08 AM by Jumbie »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 30, 2016, 11:07:29 AM »
PLUS.. with the current crop of marquee players Tom Saintfiet  is unearthing from the local leagues, JB may have a difficult time making the cut.

True talk dat
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #341 on: December 30, 2016, 11:33:09 AM »

True talk dat

The quality is exceptional, SANTHIEF knows best...

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 30, 2016, 01:39:22 PM »
Did it ever occur that the administration never made him feel welcome. When Hart was there he visited and practiced with the team and liked it. Did the damn jackass ever do anything to reassure him that he is welcomed and needed????

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 30, 2016, 02:21:21 PM »
Convincing a player to come aboard a national program requires several elements, not merely discovering that the player is citizenship-eligible, fix that via e-mail and fax and done. Not at all!

SH had previous experience dealing with travelling to see players and sitting with them face to face, adding dimension to the interest.

For some players, you have to share one's vision and set a panoramic view for them to "buy in". And even after that there are no guarantees. It requires heavy lifting and administrative support.

Clearly, if a coach has established a vibe with a player, that vibe is instrumental in the player's decision-making.

Merely picking up a phone retroactively is insufficient. Getting your ass on a plane is fundamental.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 30, 2016, 02:54:14 PM »
Change of 'Hart'? Former England player John Bostock goes off radar
By Ian Prescott, T&T Express.

JOHN BOSTOCK has disappeared.

We know he's in France, but apparently, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association(TTFA) has lost him.

Is John Bostock still interested in representing Trinidad and Tobago? The question was posed to David John-Williams, president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) on the eve of the Christmas holidays and just prior to the departure of the team for the two Nicaragua friendly matches.

T&T are of course using the matches as preparation for important Caribbean qualifiers against Suriname (January 4) and Haiti [January 8], as new coach, Belgian Tom Saintfiet plots a back door entry into the 2017 Gold Cup.

“I can't answer that question,” the president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) stated frankly, on the Bostock enquiry.

“I tried contacting him last week, but he did not answer his phone,” John-Williams added. “The last person who would have talked to him would be Mr Hart.”

What is wrong with this idiot? Does he not possess any diplomacy? Ok Hart was the last person that would have spoken to Bostock but surely that would have been before he was sacked! Why mention that now? Seems like a thinly veiled attempt on Hart to discredit him as if he would have spoken to Bostock after his dismissal encouraging him to ignore attempts by the TTFA to woo him. If not and the young man reads this how is he supposed to interpret this latest ignorant outburst by DJW?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: December 30, 2016, 04:14:36 PM »
What is wrong with this idiot? Does he not possess any diplomacy? Ok Hart was the last person that would have spoken to Bostock but surely that would have been before he was sacked! Why mention that now? Seems like a thinly veiled attempt on Hart to discredit him as if he would have spoken to Bostock after his dismissal encouraging him to ignore attempts by the TTFA to woo him. If not and the young man reads this how is he supposed to interpret this latest ignorant outburst by DJW?

Bro...you will do well to pay heed to this sagacious and enlightened statement from the esteemed forumite Jumbie

You may need to answer the following:

If Bostock plays for T&T, does he therefore deny a local based player a spot on the team?

If he denies a local based player(s) a spot on the team, then said player(s) will have less opportunity to showcase their skills to potential employers...especially on an international stage such as the Hex

Lack of said opportunity will then result in a dearth of potential income for those that "market" the local based player(s)

Connect the dots bruh... ;)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 04:23:18 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #346 on: December 30, 2016, 04:52:41 PM »

Bro...you will do well to pay heed to this sagacious and enlightened statement from the esteemed forumite Jumbie

You may need to answer the following:

If Bostock plays for T&T, does he therefore deny a local based player a spot on the team?

If he denies a local based player(s) a spot on the team, then said player(s) will have less opportunity to showcase their skills to potential employers...especially on an international stage such as the Hex

Lack of said opportunity will then result in a dearth of potential income for those that "market" the local based player(s)

Connect the dots bruh... ;)

In a nutshell provided for by Jumbie and Palos ...

DJW can't make no money with Bostock being there ...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 28, 2017, 05:54:15 PM »
What's up with this guy. We missed the boat? Yes or Non?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 28, 2017, 06:05:04 PM »
see the comment right above yours

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 28, 2017, 06:11:07 PM »
 ;D

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #350 on: January 29, 2017, 12:27:23 AM »
Hold the presses ...

Tallest will recall bostock and the dictator can't do nothing about it

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 29, 2017, 07:27:27 AM »
I think from here onward we will see change  and the best of our football
The chains which mr president had instituted has been broken....
Common sense will finally prevail
I expect under DL our very best team on the field representing.T and T..When things start afresh in March...I sense from Dennis he is obligated to the nation and not to DJW..

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 29, 2017, 08:31:48 AM »
I think from here onward we will see change  and the best of our football
The chains which mr president had instituted has been broken....
Common sense will finally prevail
I expect under DL our very best team on the field representing.T and T..When things start afresh in March...I sense from Dennis he is obligated to the nation and not to DJW..
That's how it should be. The TTFA doesn't belong to DJW, it belongs to the people, the stakeholders, who have mandated him to manage it. He get he wires crossed and think it's WC.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:59:28 PM by Thomo »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 13, 2017, 09:24:37 PM »
Internationally, you’ve been selected for Trinidad and Tobago. Was this an easy decision to make, given you’ve been capped by the England youth teams?

Yeah, you know, I enjoy playing club football but it’s always a dream for me to play internationally. Obviously I was eligible to play for Scotland, Trinidad and England; I’ve not made my international bow as of yet but, when the time is right, I believe I will make that step into international football.

Through the Lens: Interview with John Bostock
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 13, 2017, 10:39:02 PM »
Oh Yeah! Well see you later.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #355 on: April 13, 2017, 10:58:02 PM »
Hull he as@.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 14, 2017, 04:58:31 AM »
Another coming of Zamora and DeLeon - all these men have no allegiances to this soil - it appears to them it's just a means to an end - opportunistic !!!!
 Let's focus our opportunities and bring dreams to fruition for youths and player development in TNT !!!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 14, 2017, 05:03:09 AM »
What a waste.

Foock em...

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 14, 2017, 06:58:56 AM »
he did t
Another coming of Zamora and DeLeon - all these men have no allegiances to this soil - it appears to them it's just a means to an end - opportunistic !!!!
 Let's focus our opportunities and bring dreams to fruition for youths and player development in TNT !!!!

he did turn up to play against st vincent but was not cleared to play and did want to go on the tour and play against  peru china uruguay but hart prevented it .. he is interested  so is de leon

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #359 on: April 14, 2017, 09:47:34 AM »
he did t

he did turn up to play against st vincent but was not cleared to play and did want to go on the tour and play against  peru china uruguay but hart prevented it .. he is interested  so is de leon

And why did Hart prevent it?

1]; } ?>