March 28, 2024, 11:30:19 PM

Author Topic: Four 2006 Warriors selected for Belize, Peru friendlies  (Read 2785 times)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Four 2006 Warriors selected for Belize, Peru friendlies
« on: March 12, 2013, 05:17:42 PM »
Four 2006 Warriors selected for Belize, Peru friendlies
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

The Trinidad and Tobago national football team should not lack know-how for its two upcoming friendly internationals against Belize on March 22 and away to Peru on March 26 after picking a relatively experienced 18-man squad today.

Four 2006 World Cup players got the nod from the technical staff, which is led by joint head coaches Hutson “Barber” Charles and Jamaal Shabazz, as the team continues its preparations for the July 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States.

Tickets go on sale from Thursday at all Sports and Games outlets for $100 while children under 16-years-old are free.

Stoke City forward Kenwyne Jones, North East Stars striker Cornell Glen, Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA playmaker Densill Theobald and Port Vale midfielder Chris Birchall are included and all represented the “Soca Warriors” at the FIFA showcase tournament in Germany, seven years ago.

Read more...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 07:08:30 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Re: Four 2006 Warriors selected for Belize, Peru friendlies
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 06:02:58 PM »
Nice read
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 06:11:24 PM »
Congrats to all players selected..especially the debutants.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 06:54:46 PM »
Editor’s Note: Marcus Joseph plays for a Southern Football Association (SFA) team and not a Super League team as initially reported.
Worm, I have an arrangement with Soca Warriors where they use around 300 words or so from the Wired868 articles and then put a read more so interested persons can read the complete story on my site.
That way, both websites benefit. Can you adjust for me? Thanks :beermug:

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 07:08:53 PM »
Worm, I have an arrangement with Soca Warriors where they use around 300 words or so from the Wired868 articles and then put a read more so interested persons can read the complete story on my site.
That way, both websites benefit. Can you adjust for me? Thanks :beermug:
OK sorry, done

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 07:21:53 PM »
Thanks. You can always throw in another 100 words. Enough to give people an idea so they can choose whether or not they want to read the entire piece. Thanks for the support though.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 11:36:07 AM »
I keep wonderin who is d 4th player I should have just remember kiffy and it would have come to me.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 12:18:51 PM »
I swear at one point it said "five" instead of "four".

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 01:35:10 PM »
The most skillful midfielder in Trinidad and Tobago, and someone who could possibly be the most creative player in all of football in TnT does not get a chance to showcase his skills on the senior level. I am referring to none other than.....Jomal Williams. Whatever happen to giving the young players with talent and creativity and skills a chance?

That is just my take on Jomal. Of course, I could be wrong, but if I am then tell me what is woung with his game and his obvious talent.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 04:48:03 PM »
The most skillful midfielder in Trinidad and Tobago, and someone who could possibly be the most creative player in all of football in TnT does not get a chance to showcase his skills on the senior level. I am referring to none other than.....Jomal Williams. Whatever happen to giving the young players with talent and creativity and skills a chance?

That is just my take on Jomal. Of course, I could be wrong, but if I am then tell me what is woung with his game and his obvious talent.

He had several chances to impress at the CFU U-20 championships, against the like of Puerto rico and Curacao last November. Lasana Liburd described his perfromance in that tournament as 'underwhelming'. So bad the coach put him on the bench. From all accounts the player is talented, and we all have our bad days as teams and as individual athletes. However when you are expected to lead your team against realtively mediocre opposition and you fall flat, it is noticed....and questions will be raised and opportunities missed.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 05:00:38 PM »

Jomal Williams is a good player, but trust me when I say he real disturb. I know his family very well, he on bad boy thing, another Gorein Highley. Good player but terrible attitude, hopefully he come to his senses fast because we will lost another good player.

Real chupid man vibes !!!!!

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 08:20:12 PM »
Thanks for the info. What a waste. It is what it is.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 10:31:02 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't our national coaches state that if you do NOT play in the pro league, you will not be considered for selection? This was said after someone asked about some players from the National Super League.

So someone from PFCC gets picked. How many times a week does this team practice. Do they practice? And, the season has been over since last year.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 10:54:57 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't our national coaches state that if you do NOT play in the pro league, you will not be considered for selection? This was said after someone asked about some players from the National Super League.

So someone from PFCC gets picked. How many times a week does this team practice. Do they practice? And, the season has been over since last year.

I think Lasana covered that in his piece. They said he is the exception to the rule and he has been given a more extensive training programme. My question is: how motivated is he if he dropped out of the Pro League and doesn't want to return??

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 12:37:19 AM »
I continue to be befuddled as to how Densil continues to make this side. But is Coach after Coach. They must be seeing something in him.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 02:49:32 AM »
He keeps it simple, and always makes himself available when in possession. He appears to be "coachable" and good at carrying out instructions i.e the coach's plan - tactically disciplined. BINGO!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:57:02 AM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 07:59:11 AM »
He keeps it simple, and always makes himself available when in possession. He appears to be "coachable" and good at carrying out instructions i.e the coach's plan - tactically disciplined. BINGO!

practice champ
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 11:23:49 AM »

I think Lasana covered that in his piece. They said he is the exception to the rule and he has been given a more extensive training programme. My question is: how motivated is he if he dropped out of the Pro League and doesn't want to return??

:bs: Well in that instance, Darren Mitchell could have stayed in Tobago and scored 100 goals in the zone competition and still recieve a call. The guy made the sacrifice to come to play pro football in Trinidad, because those were the factors the coaches outlined, only to see someone playing zonal football get a pick. i have nothing against Marcus Joseph. But if he wanted to be on he national team why did he not join a pro league team?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 11:35:05 AM »

:bs: Well in that instance, Darren Mitchell could have stayed in Tobago and scored 100 goals in the zone competition and still recieve a call. The guy made the sacrifice to come to play pro football in Trinidad, because those were the factors the coaches outlined, only to see someone playing zonal football get a pick. i have nothing against Marcus Joseph. But if he wanted to be on he national team why did he not join a pro league team?

And ... let me tack on here that this also undergirds why I think the way in which Jan has been handled is lacking!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 03:26:09 PM »

In think Mitchell is different. I don't think anybody knew he existed! Joseph has played in the Pro League, so I guess they know he has the ability to play at that level. But I still question his motivation. You're either a professional footballer or you're not. If you are, then football is your life. I don't know Marcus's reasons for dropping out, so its really unfair of me to criticise, so maybe he should speak out?
As for Jan-Michael, well that's just ridiculous. He could retain match fitness by training with Caledonia and Shabazz could keep check on him.

1]; } ?>