April 16, 2024, 09:38:23 AM

Author Topic: Post match report  (Read 7741 times)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Post match report
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2013, 10:46:03 AM »
Amazing how we could all watch the same game and see different things.

To me Carlos was excellent, particularly in the mid second half when we had sustained pressure and created a few chances. I thought Hyland was critical to us retaining possession, although he wasn't great connecting his through balls, and Bleeder was more than adequate.

JC doh take any of the talk personally. Yuh sound liek yuh real takin it on
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2013, 10:55:23 AM »
what jones do / what happened BEFORE he get in the argument with the referee and get the yellow (ie what was jones' original gripe)? was he justified?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2013, 10:57:52 AM »
I say thanks to all the people who submitted their "reports". If all the reports were the same we would not read them. Everybody give their presentation differently. Plus this an open forum.

Now, since after Germany our performances have been erratic. People from the outside could not understand how a team that played with heart and passion in Germany could become so mediocre in such a short time. We on the forum and Trinbago know the real reason. But it took so damn long for the dark period to end.

I saw the live stream of the game. Overall the team played "magnificiant". I put the quotes because after 2006 it used to fustrating watching the NT play. For most of the game the team kept or try to keep their form. Yes, it was not done effectively, but you (or I atleast) could see the intent to play structured football. There were times when Keon, Bleeder, Hyland strung 4 to 5 passes and not panic. And I saying, this is the way we should be playing whole game. Not 20% of the the game, but at least75 to 80%. They tried not to force the long passes. I was impressed with Hyland. He looked cool and not pressured. Bleeder started nicely, but faded in and out of the game. His lateral and back passes are necessary and are needed at times. But his attacking prowess is lacking in international games.
Defensively we kind of shakey. They never settled. I got scared when El Sal. was coming thru our middle with relative ease. The shortman who tried the bycycle that Jan save was giving we thunder whole game. Our forwards and mids  have to do some defensive work at times. Or else it go be like a basket holding water. I go give the team ah pass for the time been. I eh counting the eggs before they hatch. We are a work in progress. I don't think our guys underestimate the Haitian team. But they need they have a sense of " of course we can beat this team". You can't have men with no confidence going into games. We might as well give Guyana the spot.

Our guys know they have a tough group. All 4 teams have been to the WC finals at some time. Hart just have to do a better job in preparing our defence. I don't think he is that naive because we got a point against El Sal.

That is my 2 cents for now.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 11:02:21 AM »
what jones do / what happened BEFORE he get in the argument with the referee and get the yellow (ie what was jones' original gripe)? was he justified?

He skate tackle a man and the ball went out for a throw... The ref and linesman both called a throw and no foul, but then the dotish ref come giving him a verbal warning him about the tackle..

Jones was vex because he couldn't understand how he could be getting warned about a challenge if it was not blown for a foul.

That ref was jokey.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2013, 11:29:01 AM »
And that referee had a 5 second delay in he calls.........

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2013, 11:40:25 AM »
I eh know bout 5 sec.delay nah but the foul from the 1st goal against T&T was a delayed call.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2013, 11:41:23 AM »

yep dracula fack we up whole game. the freekick they score from was garbage too. Also on a 5 second delay, after El Salvador start to cry
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2013, 11:48:19 AM »
I eh know bout 5 sec.delay nah but the foul from the 1st goal against T&T was a delayed call.
He was letting de advantage play, but the defence break up the attack shortly after so he call it back. Nothing odd in that, to me.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2013, 12:21:52 PM »
He was letting de advantage play, but the defence break up the attack shortly after so he call it back. Nothing odd in that, to me.
Nah if he plays the advantage and it gets break up don't call the foul 5 secs after, either play the advantage or call the foul....My biggest problem was the inconsistency with his calls, he called the game in favor of El Salvador many times (this is me trying not to be biased). Should've done better calling the game both ways, even the Haitians next to me were saying he wasn't calling the game fair.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2013, 12:30:19 PM »
With the KJ incident as I recalled, there was a challenge on KJ that looked like a foul that the ref didn't call. He protested to the ref but he let the play go on, not too long after KJ skate tackled a guy on the line and the ref said something to him which ultimately led to the card, I guessed KJ told him to hol his cuddersmunt (with an English accent) or something

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2013, 12:30:54 PM »
Sorry guys, i kinda got besides myself and acted like ah lil tantie wow, i should have known that ppl was on kiks.

i was kinda perturbed by the fact that i was in a stadium full ah blue shirts and we had no traveling contingent to greet the players, the men even looked disappointed @ the support, had it not been for the haitian fans in the mix who was supporting us, the cheers would be nonexistent.

even after the game they had no fans to applaud, so they just walked right into the tunnel instead, and how could they, there was no red section, just all blue.

i noticed since we missed out on two WC ppl became more and more disinterested, the board was ded ded, and no one did the report for over a yr even when the games was in T&T.

for a while there was no report and no one could be arsed to do one, so why not. touches was right there in T&T for the peru game, and so was many other members, but nothing, so i eh see why ppl crying for one now.

i also remember being here without as much as radio coverage and feening for a live feed or audio coverage, and had to rely on patriot ball by ball commentary via the internet during the caribbean cup phase.

i felt that since touches or anyone for that matter cared to do it (for what ever reason) i thought that i would do a player rating like they do on the SSN or the SMB.

i was not trying to be touches, neither was i trying to write an article on the game, i just wanted to keep the vibes and bring life to the board.       positive.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 12:46:36 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2013, 12:42:24 PM »
Sorry guys, i kinda got besides myself and acted like ah lil tantie wow, i should have known that ppl was on kiks.

i was kinda perturbed by the fact that i was in a stadium full ah blue shirts and we had no traveling contingent to greet the players, the men even looked disappointed @ the support, had it not been for the haitian fans in the mix who was supporting us, the cheers would be nonexistent.

even after the game they had no fans to applaud, so they just walked right into the tunnel instead, and how could they, there was no red section, just all blue.

i noticed since we missed out on two WC ppl became more and more disinterested, the board was ded ded, and no one did the report for over a yr even when the games was in T&T.

for a while there was no report and no one could be arsed to do one, so why not. touches was right there in T&T for the peru game, and so was many members, but nothing, so i eh see why ppl crying for one now.

i also remember being here without as much as radio coverage and feening for a live feed or audio coverage, and had to rely on patriot ball by ball commentary via the internet during the caribbean cup phase.

i felt that since touches or anyone for that matter cared to do it (for what ever reason) i thought that i would do a player rating like they do on the SSN or the SMB.

i was not trying to be touches, neither was i trying to write an article on the game, i just wanted to keep the vibes and bring life to the board.       positive.

I am grateful fuh all de reports.  Is nice to see de different perspectives.  Keep dem comin jc.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2013, 12:42:33 PM »
Not only was the stadium full of blue shirts, but they were rowdy as hell. Real beatin seats and making real noise
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2013, 12:46:47 PM »
Nah if he plays the advantage and it gets break up don't call the foul 5 secs after, either play the advantage or call the foul....My biggest problem was the inconsistency with his calls, he called the game in favor of El Salvador many times (this is me trying not to be biased). Should've done better calling the game both ways, even the Haitians next to me were saying he wasn't calling the game fair.

Absolutely!!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2013, 12:55:35 PM »
With the KJ incident as I recalled, there was a challenge on KJ that looked like a foul that the ref didn't call. He protested to the ref but he let the play go on, not too long after KJ skate tackled a guy on the line and the ref said something to him which ultimately led to the card, I guessed KJ told him to hol his cuddersmunt (with an English accent) or something

I watch de match on TV and no LIVE so likely a different perspective.  IMO KJ only have heself to blame fuh de card.

whether de call was wrong or not.....de ref gave KJ PLENTY rope to jes move on....but each time he tell KJ to move away....KJ give him back lip.  He must be warn him about 5 times and still KJ was getting on.  KJ playin pro football long enough to know that some battles you just don't win and yuh should jes walk away.

He literally talk himself into that yellow card IMO.  I actuallyu find de ref was kinda lenient takin all dah lip from KJ until he jes get fed up.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2013, 12:58:34 PM »
I never said i was touches or even tried to be, the only reason i did what i did is bc for the past yr or so no one cared to even summarize on the games, matter of fact the board was ded and all the star boys ride out and was just ah few diehards was keepin the vibes alive.

now the team lookin up and every one has an opinion and want tuh show dey arse now, i guess that's what yuh get for trying tuh vibes wid trini, yuh get ah big kick in the a$$, snide remarks and disrespect.

yuh know what mods, just delete the fackin thing since i tried to remove it and could not, it's an aggravation and not helpful to anyone anyway, sorry i even bothered. i dun, fack allyuh waggonist arseholes!!

Wasn't intended as criticism.

whappen ent yuh did watch de game on tv??? what yuh want a report for?????

I never said that I wanted a match report... I'm simply explaining how a Touches match report does be different, and why some might still be asking for one

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2013, 12:58:41 PM »

I watch de match on TV and no LIVE so likely a different perspective.  IMO KJ only have heself to blame fuh de card.

whether de call was wrong or not.....de ref gave KJ PLENTY rope to jes move on....but each time he tell KJ to move away....KJ give him back lip.  He must be warn him about 5 times and still KJ was getting on.  KJ playin pro football long enough to know that some battles you just don't win and yuh should jes walk away.

He literally talk himself into that yellow card IMO.  I actuallyu find de ref was kinda lenient takin all dah lip from KJ until he jes get fed up.

Agreed and look like he tell de ref to HHMC after de card too... so he lucky he ent get a double dose right there.

the ref was still ah imps though
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2013, 01:06:58 PM »
ref was a cyao, and by horses lengths
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2013, 01:15:38 PM »
Nice report just cool, although i ain't feel yuh on some ah dem ratings.

I feel you mistake Mitchell for Power... Mitchell was the red man who was playing RCB so he was closer to Hoyte.. Power was the darker one playing closer to Joevin Jones who look a lil more suspect. Mitchell had a boss game imo, he look calm and composed and was bringing the ball out well out the back.

Also yuh rate up Jones but I thought that was his worse game i've seen him play for TnT.. But i giving him a bligh cause i know he capable of better and also he wasn't getting much help from Carlos and Theobald to fill the space in front him.

I see yuh say Hyland let you down.. He was my man of the match.

As for the traffic, i met some pardners on Canal St. at 4pm and we took the Holland Tunnel and once we got into it was fairly smooth sailing to the stadium. So i was by the stadium around 4:30pm, but the joke is we decide well as we early and it was so easy, we would make a spin to get some cash at the ATM round the block. By the time we do that, they block up all the side streets and we end up falling back into that traffic you talk about outside the ground. So that ATM run end up taking over an hour.

PATH train is de scene next time.
Omar i know who caryle mitchel is, and i like this kid, his game is tight so i was confused as to why he was being rinsed out by the salvadrian wingers.

i know the difference between power and micthell, power is the darker dude with the peanut head, he wore #20 and played on the same side as hoyte, @ least in the 2nd half, mitchell is the tall man who look like errol mcloud the union man, he wore #5 and polayed along side jovin jones.

i don't think carlyle was himself though, he was probably carrying a knock, bc he's known for his pace but was out runned and caught for pace on many occasion, he even had a few miss kicks in the box, which could have cost us.

on the 2nd goal carlyle was lost for pace again and power had to came over to intercept the winger leaving zelaya unmarked for the header.

on the jones issue, it depends on which jones yuh talkig bout, if it's jovin, then you're correct, he was left in the lurch by carlos who offered him very little help. if it's kenwyne, then i totally disagree, i think KJ had a splendid game.

on hyland, he was capable of much better, i thought that he was slow and played like he was in ah fete match, no intensity and no urgency, he even allowed a few player to beat him for pace putting much pressure on the defense, he was also ball watching quite a bit, something the salvadorians did very little off IMO.

on the traffic thing, bro, i facked up when i tried to get on from hudson st, i should have used canal street instead, i also facked up when i used raymond BLVD instead of the turn pike and route 280 west.  say what, yuh live and learn.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 01:17:49 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2013, 01:17:02 PM »

Agreed and look like he tell de ref to HHMC after de card too... so he lucky he ent get a double dose right there.

Look like de ref doh follow sports news in South America oh wha.. Brazil to be exact.

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2013, 01:17:34 PM »

For Real. I couldnt hear what KJ was saying and was not able to read his lips, but it seem like he tell the ref to HHMC.
It have a way ah Trini does motion point with four fingers when they telling somebody to HAUL DEH M C!!!
Kj was doing dat!! ;D
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2013, 01:19:49 PM »

For Real. I couldnt hear what KJ was saying and was not able to read his lips, but it seem like he tell the ref to HHMC.
It have a way ah Trini does motion point with four fingers when they telling somebody to HAUL DEH M C!!!
Kj was doing dat!! ;D

heh heh heh

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2013, 01:21:19 PM »

Look like de ref doh follow sports news in South America oh wha.. Brazil to be exact.

Yuh tink ANY ref want to tangle wit KJ?

KJ lookin like one a dem Avengers dis rongs.  And me eh torkin bout Black Widow needah.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2013, 11:19:55 PM »
Just an observation I've personally seen with our over the past few years and I'm not nit picking but why doesn't our subs go into the changing rooms at half time with the rest of the team? Especially in the last game where we were going to make adjustments for the 2nd half. Like our subs don't need to hear what the coaches have to say in terms of tactical changes? Our subs were playing keep away in a circle outside when we had important things to talk about. I think everyone has to be one the same page with what's going on, small ting in the grand scheme of things but these are the little things that makes us grow as a cohesive unit.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2013, 01:40:09 AM »
I know u mite geh cuss...buhkj was trying to fire up de team...I see him keep louding up men on the field which is great motivation...an that card....imho.did it......so yeavhe get a card but we boys came out a lil more aggressive....was it a coincidence...idk....just my 2 cents
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2013, 06:49:54 PM »

for a while there was no report and no one could be arsed to do one, so why not. touches was right there in T&T for the peru game, and so was many other members, but nothing, so i eh see why ppl crying for one now.

Respect JC

I appreciate and enjoyed the report breds
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>