March 28, 2024, 04:13:28 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game (8-Jul-2013).  (Read 52293 times)

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game (8-Jul-2013).
« Reply #420 on: July 08, 2013, 07:19:40 PM »
on of the best game in years i see trinidad play everyone played great.hyland K.jones daniel edwards power all great de uniform look great de logo Proud to be ah trini

Yuh insist eh??..... :waiting: :waiting:
Me en know what does wrong with dem fellas nah. trinidad AND TOBAGO

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 08, 2013, 07:20:22 PM »
on of the best game in years i see trinidad play everyone played great.hyland K.jones daniel edwards power all great de uniform look great de logo Proud to be ah trini

on d ball as usual sugars lol  yuh have radar ;D

I pity the fool....

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 08, 2013, 07:20:31 PM »

Sometimes i really have to wonder if we're really just the DOT After Trinidad oui. How Hard is it to say Trinidad and Tobago. Its still one country

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #423 on: July 08, 2013, 07:21:49 PM »
this was the most selfless hard working effort ive seen from him, even before he scored the goal.
He playing so since the last WC qualifiers. Had a bad game against Peru and men get back on his case.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 08, 2013, 07:22:01 PM »
Oh gawd allyuh done de shit nah man... steups

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #425 on: July 08, 2013, 07:22:39 PM »
Theobald is like Daren Ganga; technically good, good discipline, not bad vision... just not good enough in his actually influence over the game. He doesn't penetrate in attacking and he doesn't sure things up in defence. He is a good passer, but I wouldn't put him on the field over Birchall. With Birchall at least I know I have someone who will strike the ball at goal occasionally. Although I know he hasn't been in good form recently. Just feels like Theobold hasn't been in good form... ever, except for that one time versus Greneda? Look, I know he isn't a bad player, I don't dislike him. But Captain? I feel like the captain should be hittin men frequent in the tackles or have the opposing keeper worried. Theobald does neither. I just don't think he's good enough.   

Otherwise though, great game. Massive improvements since Peru. The defence definitely needs to sure up. But i'm happy. Hoyte was good, as was Edwards (though he should have been way more clinical infront of goal) Hyland was strong, skillful and confident. Daniel was great, though he made a couple too many mistakes, Jones was all fight and did very well to make that goal. Williams wasn't bad in goal though I think he could have stopped both goals (though they were both good) I did very much like Mitchell in the back and I was surprised Jones in defence. Powers was very good at time, a few too many mistakes though and our left back is definitely suspect. Still great improvement, looking forward to the rest of the matches.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #426 on: July 08, 2013, 07:23:07 PM »
Ah mad ah miss dat game. was on the track training my kids. Will not miss another. Ah here and I am back..... Go TnT
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 08, 2013, 07:24:10 PM »
one point....get ready for Friday vz haiti
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 08, 2013, 07:25:14 PM »

I agree with everything he said except the bolded. :) and to me power coulda be a little quicker. covering for when they chip the ball over the left back head. otherwise I takin this poerformance every time, every day. big up KJ (JC must be sh!ttin in he pants all now).

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #429 on: July 08, 2013, 07:25:36 PM »
So any video?
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 08, 2013, 07:27:18 PM »
Overall, the quality of football in the Gold cup has been really good. The past 3 games have been close. Hopefully it continues.

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 08, 2013, 07:28:05 PM »
hope for a Haiti Honduras tie so we all even in de group

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #432 on: July 08, 2013, 07:28:38 PM »
Hyland was only good in possession. At times he lacked that extra effort to double team and help out defensively. Even the commentator said it at one point in time. He was still one of our better players, but needs to up the defensive work rate. Kenwyne was my man of the match as well. He would be even better off if our players don't wait so long to pass the ball. It looks like they'll only pass when the player free, when sometimes you have to put it for the man to run onto to. Daniel was decent, but needs to take more chances in playing balls forward. He might benefit from being a little more aggressive following up on long balls to Kenwyne. Roberts came on and was getting up there to support and could benefit from a layoff or rebound. I agree that Carlos disappeared a couple times in the match, but looked good generally.

Overall I enjoyed what I saw. Plenty of work to be done, but it was an encouraging start. We tried to maintain possession, but too much of it was negative and also in our half of the field. Too many passing errors, but we pressed high at times. We need to be careful that if the press is broken that we not give up too much space for quick counter-attacks. That happened a bit in the second half. Would like to see what Molino can do, but can he play as a right wing (can't see him playing in front of Bleeder or Hyland)?

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 08, 2013, 07:31:03 PM »
One of the best games I've seen T&T play in a long time...Holding midfielder was finding space and moving the ball...Players were making intelligent runs...balls were being switched from side to side...all in all an excellent performance...Defence needs help from the midfield and the wing backs were being stretched at times but again, an excellent performance compared to what we're use to.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thread for the T&T vs El Salvador Game (8-Jul-2013).
« Reply #434 on: July 08, 2013, 07:32:24 PM »
So what theobarb do today?

other than wear the captain's armband? well he make a couple 5yd lateral and back passes. But he was guilty on a few occasion of giving the ball away.

Normal day then.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: July 08, 2013, 07:34:36 PM »
All I ask is that we fight and we did that when it mattered so thank you.  :applause:

We were luckier than El Salvador today though.  I know they will feel they let the win escape them.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 08, 2013, 07:35:33 PM »
Theobald is like Daren Ganga; technically good, good discipline, not bad vision... just not good enough in his actually influence over the game. He doesn't penetrate in attacking and he doesn't sure things up in defence. He is a good passer, but I wouldn't put him on the field over Birchall. With Birchall at least I know I have someone who will strike the ball at goal occasionally. Although I know he hasn't been in good form recently. Just feels like Theobold hasn't been in good form... ever, except for that one time versus Greneda? Look, I know he isn't a bad player, I don't dislike him. But Captain? I feel like the captain should be hittin men frequent in the tackles or have the opposing keeper worried. Theobald does neither. I just don't think he's good enough.   

Otherwise though, great game. Massive improvements since Peru. The defence definitely needs to sure up. But i'm happy. Hoyte was good, as was Edwards (though he should have been way more clinical infront of goal) Hyland was strong, skillful and confident. Daniel was great, though he made a couple too many mistakes, Jones was all fight and did very well to make that goal. Williams wasn't bad in goal though I think he could have stopped both goals (though they were both good) I did very much like Mitchell in the back and I was surprised Jones in defence. Powers was very good at time, a few too many mistakes though and our left back is definitely suspect. Still great improvement, looking forward to the rest of the matches.

I cant disagree with anything you saying here!! Theobold does nothing for us besides play negative football. 90% of his passes are backward or lateral. He so negative he got an opportunity in the middle of the field to take space in front of him, an El Salvodor player was 5 yards behind him and anticipated him turning back, so he did, and Theobold turned the ball over. It was a great opportunity to ignite a counter attack. I'll take Birchall any day once fit. Hyland was a boss in the middle...i really enjoyed his game today along with Daniel. Probably the best game I've seen from him in T&T colors and it wasn't a great game by any means but he was effective. Carter was a goat! Carlos needs to play the entire game. When he was on we had our best chances, when he was off we had nothing offensively. I was mad as hell with how we played the last 30 mins of the first half. Hart made some key adjustments in the 2nd and we looked very dangerous offensively, which was a joy to see. Good outing from the boys. :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 08, 2013, 07:39:06 PM »
but on a real we coulda do with peltier, d person responsible for that decision........anyways no one knows allv the details.....but steups he woulda be useful
I pity the fool....

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #439 on: July 08, 2013, 07:39:19 PM »
At this point, Boucaud over Birchall if we bringing a new CM.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #440 on: July 08, 2013, 07:43:59 PM »
Hyland can read the game very well and he understands his role. Keon Daniel had a good game as well, most of the time he had to work hard for the ball and most of the passes to him won't to accurate however, with some practice sessions the national team should not do to bad. Despite the goal scrimmages tonight its the best game i have seen the T&T team play since the 2006 Soca Warriors.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:34:41 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #441 on: July 08, 2013, 07:59:02 PM »
put edwards on de right for carter and molino on the left
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 08, 2013, 08:02:38 PM »
Dang them Haitians lack ball sense.  Our players actually making better decisions than them.  But you can't match their physicality and pace though.  That alone can take them a long way. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 08, 2013, 08:07:11 PM »
Dang them Haitians lack ball sense.  Our players actually making better decisions than them.  But you can't match their physicality and pace though.  That alone can take them a long way. 

And their willingness to attack. T&T can take a page out of the Haitians book.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 08, 2013, 08:09:44 PM »
I enjoyed watching the game and liked what I saw. Given this team has not played any warm up matches under Hart. The players played hard and with heart.. The only real negative for me was the back line was a little slow.. Congrats to the T & T team, Hart and Beenie.

btw, Patriot good to see you on FSC!!!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 08, 2013, 08:11:43 PM »
hope for a Haiti Honduras tie so we all even in de group

Yes

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 08, 2013, 08:11:54 PM »
KEEP IN MIND...as compared to the teams that played vz Romania and estonia...

Only... J Jones..Hoyte..Bleeder..Carter...and Jan...thats 5...so 6 new players started this one...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 08, 2013, 08:18:51 PM »
My quick 2 cents....

Carter gotta go. Simple as that.
Glad our keeper lets the easy ones go and then decides to make a sportscenter top save.
How are we getting pushed around by guys that we are bigger than with every match up?  Show more heart.
Edwards had great skills, just wish he could have finished at least 1 of the 2 1vs1 with the keeper.
Jones showed his strength and held the ball well. Wish we would have sent more floaters his way.
Should have won but also should have lost. So I'm happy with the draw.  The game against Haiti is huge.

Also, Fox Soccer showed I was repping for us. Look ma I made it!
https://twitter.com/FOXSoccer/status/354410044558827520

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 08, 2013, 08:31:44 PM »

Lol, good one... although yuh have de look of a rank shithound  ;D

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 08, 2013, 08:34:06 PM »
My quick 2 cents....

Carter gotta go. Simple as that.
Glad our keeper lets the easy ones go and then decides to make a sportscenter top save.
How are we getting pushed around by guys that we are bigger than with every match up?  Show more heart.
Edwards had great skills, just wish he could have finished at least 1 of the 2 1vs1 with the keeper.
Jones showed his strength and held the ball well. Wish we would have sent more floaters his way.
Should have won but also should have lost. So I'm happy with the draw.  The game against Haiti is huge.

Agree with all of your analysis JR.

1]; } ?>