March 28, 2024, 04:49:10 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Game (12-Jul-2013).  (Read 49205 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Game (12-Jul-2013).
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2013, 06:43:24 PM »
For the love of football, can we please stop with this defensive 4-5-1 formation? We are likely the only team with this setup. At least a 4-4-2. Goals win matches and Jones need someone to play off up front.

It sure seemed to work for Brasil.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2013, 08:29:06 PM »
Guys! You don't play a system because other teams play that way. You play a system base on the type of players you have after the coach does his experimentation and then to create balance and to play a certain way hoping for success from the squad he selected. SH just started coaching this team he deserve all the credit thus far with only one game under his belt and still a long ways off.

Example:Roberto Carlos the former outside wing back who played for Brazil in his prime was among 4 defenders during his time but it appeared as though they played with 3 defenders at the back because he (Roberto) was a speedy left back who was always running up and down the flanks at a high rate, he was used in the attacking formation and a defensive formation as well an option that benefited the squad with tremendous success.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:38:00 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2013, 01:52:52 AM »
Warriors aim for first Gold Cup win against Haiti.
T&T Guardian Reports.

T&T’s senior men’s team will be going all out to secure its first victory at the Concacaf Gold Cup since 2000, knowing fully well that full points against Haiti could inch the team closer to the quarterfinal stage of the tournament.

Both countries face off at the Sun Life Stadium in Miami from 7 pm, preceding the Honduras versus El Salvador clash at 9.30 pm. Haiti needs a win to survive and is expected to have thousands in support at the venue while T&T will be hoping to force a positive result to follow its 2-2 draw with El Salvador in New Jersey on Monday.

The good news in the T&T camp is that Cornell Glen came through a full session on Wednesday at the Florida International University and looked in good shape, while goalkeeper Marvin Phillip is also returning to training.

Head coach Stephen Hart led the team through a two-hour training session which was intense and showed every indication that the players are in good form and up for the challenge ahead.

“It was a very good session for us. The players responded well. They were sharp and we worked on a few things that indicated positives just the way we would want it to be ahead of the game,” said Hart.

“We know how important a good result is for us on Friday and I think the game is going to be another exciting one and a closely contested one because Haiti will also come with everything. These two countries have always fought closely in the past and it’s going to be no different on Friday,” Hart added.

“We will try to play some exciting football for our fans also because we know they are desperate to see the team make some progress also.”

T&T skipper Densill Theobald, currently six caps short of 100 international appearances says he expects Haiti to be tougher opponents than they were when both teams drew 0-0 in the Caribbean Cup in December.

“I’ve looked at them and they have brought a few new faces to the Gold Cup. In saying that, our team is also a bit different and we will be ready for whatever they throw at us. The boys are feeling good at the moment.

The opening game is out of the way and we were able to put a point on the board and now we will aim to move to four points and hopefully see ourselves through to the next stage of the tournament,” Theobald said.

Racing Genk midfielder Khaleem Hyland is equally optimistic but wary of the Haitians.

“We will play the game like we know how to… is to attack when we have the ball and try to win it back when they have it. We will do what we need to get three points,” said Hyland.

“The spirit is good in the camp. We had a good start against El Salvador but we went to sleep a bit after they equalised. We’ve got to try and get a good start on Friday and maintain the tempo for all or most of the match,” he added.

T&T trained for one hour on Thursday evening at the Sun Life Stadium.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2013, 03:57:03 AM »
Bodowwwwwww...we will do what we have to to geh three points...that's the attitude. ...Hart must be like what he saw cuz thaiz de first timebhe said things went veey welll...goood luckkk today warriors!!!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2013, 05:27:56 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mXYFu2f-ELE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mXYFu2f-ELE</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2013, 05:44:44 AM »
For the love of football, can we please stop with this defensive 4-5-1 formation? We are likely the only team with this setup. At least a 4-4-2. Goals win matches and Jones need someone to play off up front.

Brazil didn't play 4-5-1. They played 4-3-3. Fred was a CF, Neymar and Hulk were left and right wingers respectively. The emphasis was on attack. Something T&T hasn't learned yet.
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2013, 05:51:36 AM »
Guys! You don't play a system because other teams play that way. You play a system base on the type of players you have after the coach does his experimentation and then to create balance and to play a certain way hoping for success from the squad he selected. SH just started coaching this team he deserve all the credit thus far with only one game under his belt and still a long ways off.

Example:Roberto Carlos the former outside wing back who played for Brazil in his prime was among 4 defenders during his time but it appeared as though they played with 3 defenders at the back because he (Roberto) was a speedy left back who was always running up and down the flanks at a high rate, he was used in the attacking formation and a defensive formation as well an option that benefited the squad with tremendous success.
I agree with you, but it seems no matter who the coach was, for quite a few years now we've been stuck with this stupid 4-5-1 formation. We need no develop more attacking players so we can change this system. We have no real wingers, maybe except for Carlos Edwards who always seems to end playing right back. A couple more players like him and we'll be on our way.
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2013, 06:23:20 AM »
I'm hearing all this good talk about Haiti;they being the team to watch and how they play Spain and this that and the other,correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we come close to beating them in the Caribbean cup recently.I am also sure that if we had a full team of all our players we might have beaten them but I think we drew although they had all their overseas players.It is a better idea to big dem up so we dont go into the match underestimating them...good psychology.We beating dem 2-0.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2013, 06:25:56 AM »

Brazil didn't play 4-5-1. They played 4-3-3. Fred was a CF, Neymar and Hulk were left and right wingers respectively. The emphasis was on attack. Something T&T hasn't learned yet.

first off trinidad should never ever play 4-4-2 as first option,
1. we become too easily isolated in our zones in 4-4-2

c. was more like 4-2-3-1 and also looked 4-1-2-3 in bits and pieces and generally allow for more coverage though at times they were a little to spread ???

d. what make you feel we football in any state to be anyting but ultra defensive, we have always been weak defensively and prone to lapses......and might I add, we were still very porous even while being...as u put it "ultra defensive".

5. the wingers and attacking mids supported kenwyn well enough in most cases

j. we is not brazil, we have deficiencies from back to front dat need addressin first, makes no sense putting the cart before the horse to please people eye and loose

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:55:12 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Game (12-Jul-2013).
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2013, 06:33:40 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mXYFu2f-ELE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mXYFu2f-ELE</a>

Nice touches
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2013, 06:36:08 AM »
Check this out fellas taken from an Ipswich newspaper -TWTD

Town skipper Carlos Edwards will win his 86th cap when Trinidad and Tobago take on Haiti in their second Gold Cup group game in Miami overnight (ESPN/ESPN HD, Sky channels 433/417, midnight).

The Soca Warriors drew 2-2 with El Salvador in their opening game, while Haiti lost 2-0 to Honduras in their first match.

Trinidad and Tobago will complete their group matches when they come up against Honduras in Houston on Monday.

Edwards, 34, will join up with the Town squad once his national side is eliminated from the tournament.

dat sounding as if dey feel we'll be eliminated soon,and obviously no chance to reach far in dis tournament
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 06:41:56 AM by royal »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2013, 08:10:42 AM »

Coming to the Spanish team, Del Bosque will use his tactical master plan to suppress the Brazilian attack with his 4-3-3 formation.
Felipe Scolari will opt for a 4-3-2-1 formation against ‘The Spanish Fury’.

Unquote

This is clearly not a 4-3-3 because the last three should suggest that there are three forwards which was not the case.
So looking at de winning formula, one could clearly see that Brasil played One forward - they weren't starved for goals either; they continued to create opportunities and most importantly, they always had 7 defenders wokkin. so they played a 7-2-1. Neymar and de right flank man is de two. Everybody else ball winning to get it to Fran; who will take it to Stan!

I still backin de doubles style though- plenty pepper!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2013, 08:12:44 AM »
4-5-1 is a system that can be modified and often is. In modern footy its definitely not a defensive system. its very much attacking. Maybe sometimes the system would use 2 defensive mids but often times when a little more empetus is needed forward one is taken out. As long as there is a true #9 flanked by 2 direct running left & right forwards it the most used, flexible and popular system used worldwide.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2013, 10:24:19 AM »
4-5-1 is a system that can be modified and often is. In modern footy its definitely not a defensive system. its very much attacking. Maybe sometimes the system would use 2 defensive mids but often times when a little more empetus is needed forward one is taken out. As long as there is a true #9 flanked by 2 direct running left & right forwards it the most used, flexible and popular system used worldwide.

It just have so much more possibilities with 4-5-1 based formation....u can even turn it into a lopsided 4-4-2 of sorts..........one of the things I noticed most with us playing 4-4-2 in the last few years is that it caused more boom kick football with us than 4-5-1(4-2-3-1)
I pity the fool....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2013, 10:32:42 AM »
Well done video..like the intensity of the training session..sure it must have been done in the past, but didn't see it captured so well... like the soundtrack, and the mix to/of the haiti team and the 'bad guy' soundtrack..splicing was good..coach wukking the practice harder than game, captured the intensity there as well..best production yet...now if we could only win the game...all perfect

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2013, 10:45:05 AM »
Yo Fellas and Ladies,

Anyone have a local source for buying the new Jerseys ? I steady messaging the TTFA on facebook but no response on this front. We trying to get some before the game Friday

Me eh know where yuh living, but if yuh in South Florida you can contact Kimo at (954) 226-4753. He is located in Ft. Lauderdale. The price is $65 USD.

Do you know if Kimo will deliver? I live in ATL. If not, anyone willing to buy one and send it to me? I will give ya an extra 10.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2013, 11:03:29 AM »

Town skipper Carlos Edwards will win his 86th cap when Trinidad and Tobago take on Haiti in their second Gold Cup group game in Miami overnight (ESPN/ESPN HD, Sky channels 433/417, midnight).

The Soca Warriors drew 2-2 with El Salvador in their opening game, while Haiti lost 2-0 to Honduras in their first match.

Trinidad and Tobago will complete their group matches when they come up against Honduras in Houston on Monday.

Edwards, 34, will join up with the Town squad once his national side is eliminated from the tournament.

dat sounding as if dey feel we'll be eliminated soon,and obviously no chance to reach far in dis tournament
Yea whey de arse do dem....Carlos should send a note saying I'll join you at the end of the tournament :devil:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2013, 11:41:55 AM »
Nice VOC from the Ipswich town newspaper
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2013, 12:14:37 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZxxxK5VrE0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uZxxxK5VrE0</a>

Offline Consultant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2013, 12:19:19 PM »
Fellas help a brother out. I am in Qatar (where almost everything is blocked), I need a link! I will stay up 2am to watch this... if I can :yellowcard:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2013, 01:00:16 PM »
Fellas help a brother out. I am in Qatar (where almost everything is blocked), I need a link! I will stay up 2am to watch this... if I can :yellowcard:

Try http://futbol.univision.com/copa-oro/partidos-en-vivo around game time.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2013, 01:03:47 PM »
Check your inbox consultant.

Offline Consultant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2013, 01:16:55 PM »
Tallman thanks for the link. It can't be viewed from here. I will try cricinfo. You know the ironic thing is Al Jazeera sports 10 is bringing the game live....one of the few channels I don't have! :frustrated:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2013, 01:18:41 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZxxxK5VrE0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uZxxxK5VrE0</a>
The commentary on this match preview video is a bit biased against T&T and also has some misinformation about the history of our team in the Gold Cup.

The commentator said that T&T has never progressed beyond the Group Stage in the Gold Cup and was strongly favouring Haiti to progress to the next round because of their credible recent performances against Spain and Italy.

Let’s hope the referee is not as biased against T&T progressing as this commentator obviously is and that T&T can play our best attacking, defensive and possession game for the tournament so far and shock Haiti and these biased commentators who are writing off our team regards any chance of a victory this evening.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 01:31:26 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2013, 01:40:52 PM »
Tallman thanks for the link. It can't be viewed from here. I will try cricinfo. You know the ironic thing is Al Jazeera sports 10 is bringing the game live....one of the few channels I don't have! :frustrated:

check ur inbox
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2013, 02:26:50 PM »
Good luck to the Trinidad and Tobago team.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2013, 02:45:42 PM »
Good luck tonight T&T fight them hard
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2013, 03:57:25 PM »
Backing T&T for a win or at least a draw in this game this evening but preferrably a win which should see us thru to the next round! :beermug:

Go Soca Warriors Go!!!  Prediction of final result: T&T 2 - 1 Haiti
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 03:59:56 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2013, 03:58:23 PM »
Look Patriot on Channel 10 news right now

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »

Coming to the Spanish team, Del Bosque will use his tactical master plan to suppress the Brazilian attack with his 4-3-3 formation.
Felipe Scolari will opt for a 4-3-2-1 formation against ‘The Spanish Fury’.

Unquote

This is clearly not a 4-3-3 because the last three should suggest that there are three forwards which was not the case.
So looking at de winning formula, one could clearly see that Brasil played One forward - they weren't starved for goals either; they continued to create opportunities and most importantly, they always had 7 defenders wokkin. so they played a 7-2-1. Neymar and de right flank man is de two. Everybody else ball winning to get it to Fran; who will take it to Stan!

I still backin de doubles style though- plenty pepper!

braace.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>