March 28, 2024, 05:09:35 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (15-Jul-2013).  (Read 70761 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (15-Jul-2013).
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2013, 06:55:21 PM »
For all the ppl who believe that we could have gotten anything from that haiti game must be smoking hard weed and drinking moonshine.

playing haiti in miami of all places which have more haitian than in haiti itself was ah game to chalk up to a loss, if is any game we had to write off, that was the game self.

the haitians had about seven players who plays in france and about 4 in league one alone, and for teams like san germaine and nance, ah mean what allyuh expect?? we played against ah tip top team and the boy who score on us plays for PSG, come on folks we are in the drivers seat here now.

honduras brought a young team to the gold cup, and they are going to rest some of their better players knowing they have already qualified. another plus is the fact that el salvador have just one point same as us, and haiti knows that they have not qualified as of yet, so ah draw or a win for haiti puts us in the drivers seat, even a win for el salvador (which i seriously doubt) will still leave us with a chance.

we need to win this game tomorrow God willing, and win convincingly, and we have the players to do it! bleeder out!

Check dem facts. They have no players in Ligue 1 and only four players play in France's lower leagues. They do however have four players that play in top tier leagues in Portugal, Switzerland, Romania and Ireland. 

Well during the game they said that maurice plays fro PSG while alcanat plays for nancy who just go relegated, @ least that's what the commentators has been saying and i believe they sat st prioux and louis also plays in league one as well, so i guess i'm just quuotsing them, just go back and watch a replay of game you'll see.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2013, 08:53:07 PM »
The ligue 1 players are Desmarest, Jeff louis( who fired the first shot that lead to the goal), Kervin belfort-fils, Jean Jacques Pierre and Jean Sony Alcenat. Jean Eudes Maurice is a second division player. The ones playing in France are Jeff louis, Belfort and Maurice

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2013, 09:03:51 PM »
  Th no disrespect but your players they could be in France or Timbuktu Haiti is not a formidable TnT make Haiti look good the other night. They are an ok amateur team at best and we the worst for putting on an awful showing.
Saying all that Haiti likely to move on and if we continue to drop tata on the field the only place we going is to the latrine cause we eh seeing Gold Cup is  sheetcup fust we 4cup
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 09:11:55 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: We still have ah chance.
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2013, 09:28:15 PM »
Just beat Honduras and problem solved.

Watching Honduras versus Haiti and El Salvador, I believe I have seen enough to confidently state that Honduras is not that strong. They are beatable.

I do not think TT is a bad team. I think you guys got outfoxed last night. After the first goal, Haiti changed the game by letting TT keep the ball and move it laterally, which allowed Haiti to maintain its lead while setting up the stage for the second goal. Haiti benched St-Preux, Herold, and other masters of beautiful games for a faster moving team in anticipation that if we take the lead early, Trinidad, which does not have a midfield that is on par with that of Haiti, will press forward with long and high balls while becoming vulnerable for counterattacks. That was exactly what happened. By the way, that is probably what Honduras will try to do. Watch for the strong push to take the lead and the defensive stance that follows.

That being said, TT lacked a true playmaker a la Jeff Louis (remember Latas without dwelling in the past)) and guys who can take a good long shot. A lot of big and athletic guys but no shots on goal!

so pretty much, you're saying we were outcoached as well, as opposed to being simply outplayed? Father, put a hand!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2013, 10:39:29 PM »
Don't think we could have expected much better than the one point from 2 games  - people seem to not realise we haven't won a gold cup game in 11 tries - not even Beenie's Warriors managed it.

That said. Good luck to the Boys again, no time like the present to break the streak!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013, 12:02:58 AM »
We will win tonight! That is all.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2013, 01:36:03 AM »
  Th no disrespect but your players they could be in France or Timbuktu Haiti is not a formidable TnT make Haiti look good the other night. They are an ok amateur team at best and we the worst for putting on an awful showing.
Saying all that Haiti likely to move on and if we continue to drop tata on the field the only place we going is to the latrine cause we eh seeing Gold Cup is  sheetcup fust we 4cup
Yuh real outa timin boy!!!

stop talk if yuh eh have nothing positive to add to the discourse nah, yuh embarrassing man!!

FYI haiti is ah top team, and they played all over honduras, it's just that they threw away a lot, which by some stroke of luck let us off the hook bc we don't have to face a honduran team that chasing a win.

haiti is the best team in the group by a country mile, while honduras is the luckiest.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2013, 01:37:41 AM »
The ligue 1 players are Desmarest, Jeff louis( who fired the first shot that lead to the goal), Kervin belfort-fils, Jean Jacques Pierre and Jean Sony Alcenat. Jean Eudes Maurice is a second division player. The ones playing in France are Jeff louis, Belfort and Maurice
Breads when i say league one, i don't mean english league one, what i meant was the french top flight league, as they say in french, league uhn.

Offline 9th wonder

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2013, 01:43:49 AM »
All this talk about who play in France for Haiti so we should of expect to lose to them if any team, and 1 point after two games a fair result.This kind of talk is pure garbage T&T should be way past that kinda of thinking, we should always expect to win. This timid brand of football will get u no where, if u don't expect to win then why play the game. What i saw against Haiti was a team that was feeling themselves after a draw against El Salvador. lack of aggression and ideas they were content to knock the ball around back and forth to fool the none football fans that they are well organize and got control. Stop trying to look good and play winning football. Props to Haiti for there intensity in their first two games, they showed a lot of heart.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 01:45:34 AM by 9th wonder »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2013, 02:13:29 AM »
Mr wonder, i wonder if you know that T&T football, especially the senior program is in a rebuilding phase??

yuh must be realistic in your expectations, and the sad reality is that we don't have the quality to compete with the best in concacaf @ the moment, hek, we barely made it to the goal cup and only managed two goals from open play in the whole digicel tournament.

right now it have man who barely wants to play for the national team bc of how they were treated in the past. to besides, we almost didn't make it here, but now that we are here, lets not expect to much.

on another note, no one comes to lose except they are being paid too, the lads was out foxed and out played, it's as simple as that, and i doubt that was their intentions in the first place, so lets move on and hope that the boys get ah result tonight,

if not then there's tons of room for improvement, and leaving this tourney early is not the end of the world since we've seen worst under austin jack warner's tenure.  be patient, rome was not build in an hour.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:16:42 AM by just cool »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2013, 04:43:18 AM »
Mr wonder, i wonder if you know that T&T football, especially the senior program is in a rebuilding phase??

yuh must be realistic in your expectations, and the sad reality is that we don't have the quality to compete with the best in concacaf @ the moment, hek, we barely made it to the goal cup and only managed two goals from open play in the whole digicel tournament.

right now it have man who barely wants to play for the national team bc of how they were treated in the past. to besides, we almost didn't make it here, but now that we are here, lets not expect to much.

on another note, no one comes to lose except they are being paid too, the lads was out foxed and out played, it's as simple as that, and i doubt that was their intentions in the first place, so lets move on and hope that the boys get ah result tonight,

if not then there's tons of room for improvement, and leaving this tourney early is not the end of the world since we've seen worst under austin jack warner's tenure.  be patient, rome was not build in an hour.
      What rebuilding phase u talking about?is that your excuse for how we playing?if u rebuilding u don't start at the top u start from the ground and go up.

Look at the impressive list of foreign based professional players we have and T&T can't put a descent team together,i can't understand how we are playing better than everybody and still loseing and all we can say is the other team lucky,when will we become lucky,is it luck that got us to Germany or how we played?

Shabazz,Latapy etc etc  was rebuilding too and were never given a chance,now all of a sudden Rome was not built in a day,i am waiting to see how long it will take to build Rome.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2013, 04:52:30 AM »

What rebuilding phase u talking about?is that your excuse for how we playing?if u rebuilding u don't start at the top u start from the ground and go up.

Look at the impressive list of foreign based professional players we have and T&T can't put a descent team together,i can't understand how we are playing better than everybody and still loseing and all we can say is the other team lucky,when will we become lucky,is it luck that got us to Germany or how we played?

Shabazz,Latapy etc etc  was rebuilding too and were never given a chance,now all of a sudden Rome was not built in a day,i am waiting to see how long it will take to build Rome.
Bitter, I eh dragging you in, but Coops sounding real embittered.
Live large and prosper!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2013, 05:28:53 AM »
Listen bredder, when i in ah discussion i does feel the need for ah mdfkr to @ least make sense, and BTW you talkin, you eh makin ah lick ah sense! it's almost like yuh woke up from ah nightmare and started typing for no reason, that's how out of it you sound.

i will not sit here and try to convince you of sh!t! you was here when our football hit rock bottom, and now you're here when ppl who care more than the previous admin is trying to put it back together again. you know what i'm saying is true but yuh just trying to play dumb to rile me up.

i really don't like talkin to you bc sometimes i does wonder if yuh in it just for kiks and fishing for responses, and i just don't have that time coop, i'm so sorry. take care.

PS: doh bother to respond nah, bc i overs you. i have ah canny knack that you is either coache or jack horner, or ah few other posters who like to teef the members head, you on real shupidness of lately for an elder. i loss real respect for you. so late gator.        :bs:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:31:15 AM by just cool »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2013, 06:12:58 AM »
Warriors need win to stay alive in Gold Cup.
T&T Guardian Reports.

T&T will be hoping for a repeat of their 1998 Gold Cup performance against Honduras when both teams meet in their final group clash of the 2013 Concacaf Gold Cup at the BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston from 8.00 pm (9.00 pm T&T time) tonight.

The Soca Warriors following their 2-0 defeat to Haiti in Miami on Friday, must pick up full points if they are to advance to the quarter-finals stage. As it stands, a win will guarantee T&T a place as one of the best third placed teams in the group. A draw could still possibly sneak T&T through if Haiti (three points) defeats El Salvador (one point) on Monday and Cuba and Belize draw in their match on Tuesday. Both Cuba and Belize have lost their two previous matches.

In 1998, T&T got by Honduras 3-1 through a double by Stern John and one by Jerren Nixon, Chris Birchall also struck a beauty when both teams drew 1-1 in the 2005 tournament in Miami.. Honduras have not been easy opponents, particularly in World Cup qualification, defeating T&T 4-2 in Port of Spain in 2001 and 4-1 at home in 2009.

“A victory will take us through but more importantly I think we need to lift our level of play and put on a good display against Honduras. Looking back at the last game, without your heart involved you realise we had some good moments, we created some opportunities but we didn’t score which could always change a game. But at the end there’s no excuse, we didn’t get the result and we know what we have to do which is to go out and do the business against Honduras, “ head coach Stephen Hart told TTFA Media prior to a training session at the match venue on Sunday evening.

“The players more than anything else understand that we did not have a good night in Miami on Friday and we are capable of doing much better. This is the opportunity now for us to do that. Again it’s not going to be easy by any means but at this level you can’t expect any team to give you anything freely. Our approach and work rate has to be positive throughout the match,” Hart added.

Read More

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2013, 06:53:24 AM »

You are waiting? That seems like all you do. You seem to be very patient because of your patient hope that JW will one day turn out to be a credible football admin. It never happened! We are in this problem because of your last god. DOesn't say much for your credibility either.
This new admin and coach will take us to new level and would not be the descent that you spoke of in your above post. You guys need to go into hibernation and leave T&T football alone. You are incapable of adding any thing to the program. You did that years ago and we thank you for your service on the field. Now leave the rest up to those who truly understand what it means to administrate

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2013, 07:11:42 AM »
All I want to see is effort! I don't know the ins and outs of the new admin. but I looks like it is going in the right direction, especially seeing the El Salvador. If we bring that game tonight, with a couple of tweaks, we can beat Honduras.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2013, 09:20:09 AM »
Good luck tonight T&T give it your best shot :beermug: :beermug:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2013, 09:33:16 AM »
Vibes it up fellas  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2013, 10:02:40 AM »
All the best tonight Warriors! Win, lose or draw... nah forget that. Win tonight and play with Hart! (pun intended ;D)
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2013, 11:08:19 AM »
Feeling this :

GK
J.Jones
Mitchell
Power
Carlos
Daniel
Hyland
Boucaud
Birchall
Glenn
KJ

Birchall as an auxiliary right winger.. can tuck in and make up extra numbers in the mid and allow Carlos the channel to attack..

better cover too when Carlos gets caught out , Birch can get back and cover well

We need warriors out there today

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2013, 11:27:30 AM »
Good luck, T&T....just play with some passion, some fight, and some spirit and pride.  At this point I don't care if we lose 5 nil...but at least show that warrior fighting spirit and give them Hell during the game.  ATTACK  ATTACK ATTACK!!!!  WE GOAL HUNGRY!!!   :)
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2013, 11:27:41 AM »
Wishing our Soca Warriors  the best Tonight play for eachother, fight for eachother , do the red , white and black proud , as ambassadors  represent   with a determined team perfomance , get the job done  soca warriors  backing you guys all the way  god bless....... yes we can  i believe... 

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2013, 12:04:41 PM »
 A win or draw would be the only two acceptable outcomes
A win will be preferable,that will allow my Carib to down much smoother
Play with heart,play like Warriors and leave no prisoners behind
Jah guide
Remember tomorrow is promised to no man,live for today and enjoy the moment

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2013, 12:47:58 PM »
Feeling this :

GK
J.Jones
Mitchell
Power
Carlos
Daniel
Hyland
Boucaud
Birchall
Glenn
KJ

Birchall as an auxiliary right winger.. can tuck in and make up extra numbers in the mid and allow Carlos the channel to attack..

better cover too when Carlos gets caught out , Birch can get back and cover well

decent lineup  :beermug:

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2013, 12:51:07 PM »
Honestly, I don't care what the result is. But you see that embarrassing, ridiculous, juvenile, novice looking, unprofessional, gun to the head performance I saw in that Haiti game....it better be better than that! I've seen ten times better football in the U17 women's world cup. Are you kidding me? What in the world was that? Play like you love the game or stay home. Done talk. :pissedoff:
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2013, 12:52:42 PM »
Feeling this :

GK
J.Jones
Mitchell
Power
Carlos
Daniel
Hyland
Boucaud
Birchall
Glenn
KJ

Glen is always more potent coming on in the sec. half.
And KD is a waste on de left. They overtry that. Even I who used to advocate it, give up.

Maybe switch position with Carlos and KD. Would make KD more useful and still maintain the punch you looking for.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2013, 12:54:13 PM »
Feeling this :

GK
J.Jones
Mitchell
Power
Carlos
Daniel
Hyland
Boucaud
Birchall
Glenn
KJ

Looks good. But Don't care what the lineup is, if they play that rubbish like they did on Friday, is still licks. Some of these players need to grow a pair and play like they are actual professional footballers. I'm talking to you Mr Hyland!
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2013, 12:59:02 PM »
Deep down I have a feeling we could pull off a win.

My head saying stop think shit...but I feel we could buss a spirit goal in Honduras tail.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2013, 01:09:29 PM »
win or lose..Good game or bad, bad pass or not... I behind allyuh all the way..Good Luck fellas..The one thing I won't fail at is support whoever on the field, I know allyuh will try, however things go. Bring on Honduras

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2013, 01:33:30 PM »
Jah Guide>TNT Ballaz. :beermug:

1]; } ?>