April 24, 2024, 09:57:33 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (15-Jul-2013).  (Read 71574 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (15-Jul-2013).
« Reply #570 on: July 16, 2013, 08:47:40 AM »
For all those who saying Honduras played with their B team. What team did TT had on the field? A or B. The coach made 5 changes. He made changes to spark up the team. Honduras made changes because they already the 1/4s. So it was 2 B teams playing. Remember each team has the same amount of players on their roster.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 16, 2013, 09:03:08 AM »
I never said Glenn faked anything ..he was fouled blantantly..too blatant..and the same man who fouled him handled the ball too..

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 16, 2013, 09:04:24 AM »
I never said Glenn faked anything ..he was fouled blantantly..too blatant..and the same man who fouled him handled the ball too..

Dread, you have to be on someting yes, unbelieveable
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 16, 2013, 09:41:59 AM »
1/4 finals....2nd in the group

CLEAN SHEET ( a sign when a team is born)

well done tnt...

Clean Sheet?  For T&T/JMW??  Ent Haiti beat we 2 - 0??  All yuh confusing mih with this clean sheet talk...... :-\
You never fail to amuse. I agree though

Hey TheManFriday....is all de "quiet" forumites coming out for the tournament.  :) :) 

To clarify, I know what a clean sheet is but I think I read something (not on here maybe on facebook) that we went through this rounds with a clean sheet......that is where the confusion came from.  I thought the person meant the entire group phase.  Clearly he/she was referring to the game last night....I misunderstood...... ;D ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 16, 2013, 10:08:05 AM »
Honduras geh we dat!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 16, 2013, 10:11:07 AM »
Honduras geh we dat!!

Nah, we geh Haiti that!

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 16, 2013, 10:30:12 AM »
I have to say again that for years now I've been 'down' on the Soca Warriors, and even like most here, the way they played the first 2 games of this tournament.  I know it's nothing new to anyone what i'm about to say, but my main criticism was with their lack of basic fundamental knowledge...lack of hustle...and lack of common-sense (not running off the ball...and lack of passing not to the man, but to the spaces). 

Anyway, my hats off to them.  I saw A LOT of improvements last night.  Yes, they were still far from perfect, but these things take time in the re-building process.  But they did greatly improve by passing the ball quickly and wisely into the spaces in the attacking 3rd.  Our players ran diagonally into those spaces to create threatening situations for the opposing defense.  Small basic stuff that should be 2nd nature to anyone playing the game properly since they 4-5 years old was addressed and somewhat displayed.

My greatest wish for this team in this particular tournament this month is for them to prove most of us here who were and are negative on their prospects for success, completely wrong.  I wouldn't mind eating crow and being put to shame.

GO WARRIORS!!!  (Oh, and keep those red kits against Mexico!)  CHEERS!  ;D  :beermug:   :beermug:   :beermug:

The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 16, 2013, 10:38:17 AM »
Great effort by T&T! Cyrus, Glen, & Molino have to start next match. Bring on Mexico!!!!!!!
Hart for president

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 16, 2013, 10:43:24 AM »
Great effort by T&T! Cyrus, Glen, & Molino have to start next match. Bring on Mexico!!!!!!!

I believe that due to the 2 yellow cards received in the Group stage, Molino is suspended for the Mexico game.
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 16, 2013, 12:15:15 PM »
Ehhh coacheee is ah f@@@**** impseee...what yuh doing on de board?? Always on some negative vibes...but when we gettin shit on he passionate about chsnging de team players coach administration etc....yuh shlda geh swallloww...if yuh eh hv a constructive anything to say...go and coache yuh right and left palm..cuz yuh outta timin baddd...de man vex cuz we win ah matchh...you and jack warner bulllin o wuh

Coache I suspect is a member here who bitter. Solve the riddle

Is not me!

hahaha i know is not you. 

Lol...I sit down hvn lunch...and I was like....Ahhhh...is BITTTTER?? I thought it was contro lol....cheers felllas...I eh katerrr too much...buh de man steadyyy pussy hutting him...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 16, 2013, 01:48:37 PM »
There are Die Hard fans these are your Fanatics..then yuh have Realist Fans who make sound judgements based upon experience watching their team,  yuh have Educated fans who have real knowledge based upon their involvement with the game..and fair weather fans who have very little knowledge of the game but still have an opinion.
These categories of fans exist on this forum but what happens is that the Fanatics feel that only their opinion is right and tend to discount ,discourage, discredit and go as far as insult and intimidate the other fans whose view differ from theirs.
How would new fans feel knowing that jumping into this type of mix would only bring stress...many of them would choose not to post anything.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #581 on: July 16, 2013, 02:40:24 PM »
I doh often agree with Coache. In fact I probably never agree with Coache, he sound like a bitter fellah looking for a wuk.

However, I think despite the euphoria of this victory and making it to the quarters we need to take a step back, analyze and breathe.

OUr football has been in such doldrum for the lat 18 months this tournament is almost like a WC for us and a chance to see our best players assembled against class opposition is rare.

Our defensive deficiencies are well known and in an attempt to stem that we have mitigated our flair and punch up front. I have no problem with less gallery and more substance; however, we have to find a balance that will give our opponents headaches up front which in turn will take pressure off the defense.

IN our first two games we looked mediocre against mediocre opposition. No one was really surprised considering the limited international schedule we've had and the change in Coach at the last minute. Not to mention the man was given a roster and told to pick from it rather than have a time period to assess players for himself.

OUr defense is a work in progress Abu Bakr shows  that he belongs. I remember him in our 2-1 loss at the Azteca he looked good there and he looked good last night. People say he slow but he seems no slower than anyone else in the CB position. Molino shows promise.

However, we need someone like Cornell or a Nixon, Marcelle etc. who can give the opposition fits. We need up front a blend of speed AND skill. It would be nice to have it left, right and centre but I go settle just for two of those right now.

I always thought CG shoudl come on in the sec. half as he has always been more potent that way. But I realized with him starting we we were putting the opposition on the back foot right away. Better to start strong than to have to come from behind and hope. Everty time CG got the ball around the box u got the impression something could happen. And he complimented KJ well.

Buoucaud had a good game. He was not out of his depth. However, we need a maestro in the centre. someone who can spread and take shots. He doh have to be a Latas he could be like a Dwarika or even a Trent Noel.

Regardless of the defense picked, I would like to see JJ on the left, CE on the right and KJ CG up front backed by KD. In the future the Coach might want to think of using Hyland as defensive midfielder in front of the back four or even CB giving a player with more flair and distribution a chance to work in the midfield.

I am confused as to how Birch eh get a game yet. I can only assume SH see something. Please tell me Bleeder eh playing against Mexico - maybe as a second half sub.  ;D

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 16, 2013, 04:51:11 PM »
There are Die Hard fans these are your Fanatics..then yuh have Realist Fans who make sound judgements based upon experience watching their team,  yuh have Educated fans who have real knowledge based upon their involvement with the game..and fair weather fans who have very little knowledge of the game but still have an opinion. Then you have you  :) :)
These categories of fans exist on this forum but what happens is that the Fanatics feel that only their opinion is right and tend to discount ,discourage, discredit and go as far as insult and intimidate the other fans whose view differ from theirs.
How would new fans feel knowing that jumping into this type of mix would only bring stress...many of them would choose not to post anything.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 16, 2013, 07:09:30 PM »
VB doh mind coache nah, he's ah mischievous member posting under an alter ego.

he does come on the board to fish for responses, just like jack horner, coop and reggaefan, they are quintessential trolls looking for ah laugh @ the board's expense, and we can't validate them no matter how convincing they may come across.  they have no good will in them, they are bugs.    :yellowcard:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>