April 23, 2024, 04:48:29 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (15-Jul-2013).  (Read 71534 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (15-Jul-2013).
« on: March 13, 2013, 04:46:25 PM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Honduras 2013 Gold Cup game at the BBVA Compass Stadium (Houston, TX, 9:30pm) on the 15th of July 2013 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers

Jan-Michael Williams (St Ann’s Rangers), Cleon John (North East Stars), Marvin Phillip (Central FC).

Defenders

Carlyle Mitchell (Vancouver Whitecaps/Canada), Seon Power (Chainat FC/Thailand), Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Radanfar Abu Bakr (FC Vostok/Kazakhastan), Joevin Jones (W Connection), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Aubrey David (Caledonia AIA), Justin Hoyte (Middlesbrough FC/England).

Midfielders

Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk/Belgium), Kevin Molino (Orlando City/United States), Andre Boucard (Notts County/England), Kevon Carter (Defence Force), Carlos Edwards (Ipswich Town/England), Christopher Birchall (Port Vale/England), Darryl Roberts (Samsunspor/Turkey), Keon Daniel (Philadelphia Union/USA).

Forwards
Kenwyne Jones (Stoke City/England), Cornell Glen (Shillong Lajong/India), Jamal Gay (Caledonia AIA).

Honduras Squad

Goalkeerpers
To be updated.

Defenders
To be updated.

Midfielders
To be updated.

Forwards
To be updated.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:42:11 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (15-Jul-2013).
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 08:05:14 PM »
We're coming out of this group!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 08:17:57 PM »
I beg to differ; nothing is guaranteed with TnT. Without our very best we only showing up and taking ah  licking.Since when we sure about getting anywhere? were we dominant in qualifying? steups..... we does get one set ah premature elation about we football with out looking at reality.

How about facing handling these questions:

So I ask the question: Could we put a price on success? Imagine TnT had the very best and talented players at the Gold Cup and we were to be in the final four and to achieve success over teams that are WC2014 bound, what might that do for our country and for our program?

Why is Keon Daniel even being considered after his refusal to be available during the qualifying? What message are we sending to other players? is this how we reward those who answered the call and may or may not have received any compensation for  the duty they provided? In my opinion Mr.Daniel does not deserve a call up. Especially since a public  declaration was not given as to his refusal to answer the alleged request by the national team.

QUESTIONS: Are there other players to consider adding to this  pool of players/ are there some that should be omitted? for example those who have indicated a lack of desire to represent TnT? Shuld we consider teh quality of our coaching staff? Is it time to seriously consider have these coaches conduct guest coaching camps:

what would  our team look like if we could have  all these players available for the best selection:

Europe
Kenwyne Jones-  S  -  28  -  Stoke City (EPL)
Carlos Edward-  M/D  -34  -  Ipswich Town (League Championship)
Jake Thompson-  D  -  23  -  Newport County (Conference National)
Andre Boucaud-  M  -  28  Notts County (League One)
Chris Birchall-  M  -  28  -Port Vale (League Two)
Robert Primus-  D  -  21  -  Aktobe (Kazakhstan Premier League)
Khaleem Hyland  -  M  - 23  -  Racing Genk(Belgian Pro  League)
Darryl Robert-  S  -  29  -  Samsunspor (TFF First League)
Lester Peltier- S -24-  SK Slovan Bratislava (Slovak Super League)
Sheldon Bateau- M- 21-  KV Mechelen (Belgian Pro League)
Meikel Williams-D-22- FC Fyn (Danish 1st Division)
Shahdon Winchester-S-23- FF Jaro (Veikkausliiga- Finnish Premier League)

Asia
Jlloyd Samuel-  D  -  31  -  Esteghlal Tehran FC (Iran Pro League)
Kendall Jagdeosingh -S-26-  Chainat FC (Thai Premier League)
Hughtun Hector -M -28-  Song Lam Nghe An FC   (V-League)
Willis Plaza -S-25- Song Lam Nghe An FC   (V-League)   

US
Julius James-  D  -  28  -  ?
Kevan George – M-22- Columbus Crew (MLS)
Keon Daniel-  M  -  25  -  Philadelphia Union (MLS)
Uriah Betnick- D – 23 - Philadelphia Union (MLS)
Damani Richards- D 18 - Philadelphia Union (MLS)
Cordell Cato – S –20- Seattle Sounders (MLS)?
Carlyle Mitchell – D-25- Vancouver Whitecaps (MLS)
Kevin Molino-  M/S  - 20  - Orlando City (USL)?
Sean Da Silva- M-22-?
Leston Paul-M-22-?

Prospective US born caps (not selected to January US training camp)
Kamani Hill- M-26 -Colorado Rapids
Nick DeLeon – M-22- DC United
Sheanon Williams- D- 22  -  Philadelphia Union

PROPER PLANNING PREVENTS POOR PERFORMANCE

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 10:23:13 PM »
ill be there

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We still have ah chance.
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 01:58:50 AM »
It seems like God might have some special affinity for T&T after all, last night just when yuh thought that el salvador might have pulled off the upset, hunduras pulled a rabbit out of a hat with a late extra time winner.

now despite all what ppl saying that honduras is the team to beat in the group i beg to differ, i believe haiti is, and i have a strong suspicion that they would also put ah lickin on el slvdr, which mean all we have to do is beat honduras.

in case of a draw to honduras, we may need haiti to whip el salv and hope that cuba and belize draws and gets whipped by USA and costa rica for their remaining games.

but the point iz, we need to beat honduras, so lets see if they field a reserve squad on monday since they already qualified for the next round.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
Re: We still have ah chance.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 06:06:58 AM »
Just beat Honduras and problem solved.

Watching Honduras versus Haiti and El Salvador, I believe I have seen enough to confidently state that Honduras is not that strong. They are beatable.

I do not think TT is a bad team. I think you guys got outfoxed last night. After the first goal, Haiti changed the game by letting TT keep the ball and move it laterally, which allowed Haiti to maintain its lead while setting up the stage for the second goal. Haiti benched St-Preux, Herold, and other masters of beautiful games for a faster moving team in anticipation that if we take the lead early, Trinidad, which does not have a midfield that is on par with that of Haiti, will press forward with long and high balls while becoming vulnerable for counterattacks. That was exactly what happened. By the way, that is probably what Honduras will try to do. Watch for the strong push to take the lead and the defensive stance that follows.

That being said, TT lacked a true playmaker a la Jeff Louis (remember Latas without dwelling in the past)) and guys who can take a good long shot. A lot of big and athletic guys but no shots on goal!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 06:10:33 AM by Toussaint »
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 11:05:57 AM »
 :beermug: Excellent analysis Toussaint
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 11:11:11 AM »
Yup well said, like I've been saying we make too many back and lateral passes, nothing coming through the middle. We need to find a play maker!

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 11:19:31 AM »
positive vibez :beermug:

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 11:50:55 AM »
Don't quite  understand what is the  reluctance to take shots at opposing goalkeepers  !!  is it a lack of confidence what is it .? i am sure there are  players within the team that  can strike the ball with conviction  and with telling effect why not take shots and let the opposing keepers show what they worth .  heck man .....  come on soca warriors  i'm behind you all the way .... its not over fight on warriors

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 01:48:15 PM »
Match Fixing is de only chance we have..call Jack!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 01:51:59 PM »
Match Fixing is de only chance we have..call Jack!
MODS ALLYUH NEED TUH BAN DIS MAN, HE TROLLING THE BOARD WITH EVERY WAKING DAY, PLEASE GET RID!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 07:42:59 PM »
USA beat cuba and costa rica beat belize,.

like i said before, we still have a chance.   ;)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 10:22:10 PM »
Hear nah man I cyah reply to no comments ..me eh cussin..no racist talk..no negativity..I just telling it de way I see it..everybody else talkin dey talk..writin long long essay, writin all kind a post match synopsis and after action reviews..and when I write something man say I trollin..
De man cussin, he writin in big letters like he vex..he treatin me wid scorn..he alone have all de answers fuh de  coach..somehow I feel he was one a dem fellas who use to go and pick whip fuh de teacher to beat up he friends..and when de teacher ask who pelt de dongs seed across de room he was de Judas..
somehow he come off like dat kind a fella..
Boy go and learn to play football so yuh could have a better understanding of de game..

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We can LOSE and still qualify!
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 06:22:24 AM »
We can lose and still qualify for the quarter finals
If we lose by one goal to Honduras AND
Haiti beats El Salvador by more than two goals AND
Cuba and Belize play to a draw.... WE IN!
I don't want it to happen like this but just trying to show that all hope is not lost.
How come the Honduras vs T&T thread is not pinned up as yet. Come on let's do this!
By the way I believe we're beating them on Monday!
Go T&T!  :wavetowel: :challenge: :applause:

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We can LOSE and still qualify!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 06:28:02 AM »
How ?

3 groups and 3 teams going home and 9 teams progressing, right ?

And T&T need to win because Cuba, Canada and Belize have 0 points but they can still get 3.

I hope de guys just focus on winning, forget  scenario.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 11:16:48 AM »
Game tomorrow and dis thread dead boy....Let's go T&T!!!

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 12:29:34 PM »
Insider: Honduras will play their "B" on Monday vs T&T.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 12:39:29 PM »
Davy who is yuh source?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 12:48:41 PM »
Honduran Federation bus. assoc.through a sports merchandising company official btw, it is hear say.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 01:04:34 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 01:25:45 PM »
Only a convincing victory that guarantees us a place in the quarter-finals will suffice me, after that inept display on Friday night. I also notice there's no activity on TTFA webite or FB page. I guess they're aware of the public anger and working to make things right. I really hope so :frustrated:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 01:55:24 PM »
How ?

And T&T need to win because Cuba, Canada and Belize have 0 points but they can still get 3.

:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 03:25:46 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XTeJ6A58PnM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XTeJ6A58PnM</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »
What result will be necessary to at least get a best placed third?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 03:58:21 PM »
Sorry but it doh sound good from that video. Hopefully it is just a very candid and honest appraisal of the state of the union but that they collectively find the answer by game time.

Sounds like they lack leadership . . .who is the leader of that team. . .I thought I saw KJ doing a lot of talking in one of the vids? With Carlos Edwards and KJ there they should provide leadership, no??
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2013, 03:59:17 PM »
The team have no leader
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2013, 04:25:58 PM »
For all the ppl who believe that we could have gotten anything from that haiti game must be smoking hard weed and drinking moonshine.

playing haiti in miami of all places which have more haitian than in haiti itself was ah game to chalk up to a loss, if is any game we had to write off, that was the game self.

the haitians had about seven players who plays in france and about 4 in league one alone, and for teams like san germaine and nance, ah mean what allyuh expect?? we played against ah tip top team and the boy who score on us plays for PSG, come on folks we are in the drivers seat here now.

honduras brought a young team to the gold cup, and they are going to rest some of their better players knowing they have already qualified. another plus is the fact that el salvador have just one point same as us, and haiti knows that they have not qualified as of yet, so ah draw or a win for haiti puts us in the drivers seat, even a win for el salvador (which i seriously doubt) will still leave us with a chance.

we need to win this game tomorrow God willing, and win convincingly, and we have the players to do it! bleeder out!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 04:29:16 PM by just cool »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2013, 04:43:07 PM »
How ?

:beermug:
How you beer mugging that??

sando there are twelve teams, and the top two of each group go through with the two best third place teams, which means there would be eight teams in the QF. so four teams would be going home in total.

as of now four teams has already qualified, panama, USA, costa rica and honduras, in about an hour we would have five teams.  teams that are out for sure is canada and possibly belize who needs to beat cuba badly bc they are 6 goals in the negative.

teams still in contention for a spot is haiti, el salvador, cuba, T&T, belize, mexico and martinique, and of these seven teams four would be goin though.

so it's 8 teams, the best six, two of each group and the two best third place.....capice??     ;)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 04:44:41 PM by just cool »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2013, 05:47:40 PM »
For all the ppl who believe that we could have gotten anything from that haiti game must be smoking hard weed and drinking moonshine.

playing haiti in miami of all places which have more haitian than in haiti itself was ah game to chalk up to a loss, if is any game we had to write off, that was the game self.

the haitians had about seven players who plays in france and about 4 in league one alone, and for teams like san germaine and nance, ah mean what allyuh expect?? we played against ah tip top team and the boy who score on us plays for PSG, come on folks we are in the drivers seat here now.

honduras brought a young team to the gold cup, and they are going to rest some of their better players knowing they have already qualified. another plus is the fact that el salvador have just one point same as us, and haiti knows that they have not qualified as of yet, so ah draw or a win for haiti puts us in the drivers seat, even a win for el salvador (which i seriously doubt) will still leave us with a chance.

we need to win this game tomorrow God willing, and win convincingly, and we have the players to do it! bleeder out!

Check dem facts. They have no players in Ligue 1 and only four players play in France's lower leagues. They do however have four players that play in top tier leagues in Portugal, Switzerland, Romania and Ireland. 
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2013, 06:35:56 PM »
Expect the Unexpected... everyone have to dig real deep tomorrow , from the staff to the players.. forget 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 .. If you want it and ready to kill for it , then you will get it

Vybez it Up

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WO4tIrjBDkk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WO4tIrjBDkk</a>

1]; } ?>