March 28, 2024, 09:00:38 AM

Author Topic: Chucky thankful for T&T opportunity.  (Read 5950 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Chucky thankful for T&T opportunity.
« on: March 15, 2013, 07:04:43 AM »
Chucky thankful for T&T opportunity.
By Inshan Mohammed.

Soca Warriors Online (SWO) recently caught up with T&Ts newest recruit to the Senior National Team and Central F.C.'s Darren Mitchell and also grabbed the first press interview with the 23 year old attacking midfielder.

The Princes Town born midfielder, who is known by his teammates as "Chucky" is thankful to the T&T coaches for giving him the opportunity to play for his country and, also to Central FC for opening the doors for him.

Read Full Interview.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 08:22:29 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chucky thankful for T&T opportunity.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 08:09:55 AM »
Nice article.. Seem like a level headed youth man.

Good luck Chucky
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 08:17:48 AM »
Good luck Chucky.

I like his attitude.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 09:57:03 AM »
Does anyone have a video with Mitchell?

I hear he is very exciting to watch, hopefully, he left footed.

And kindly tell Mitchell that Giggs dont want anything with Hazard, this is the player he should admire.

:devil:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 08:17:31 AM »
Ah never see him play, maybe FS could give we an analysis on him ?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 09:26:19 AM »
Ah never see him play, maybe FS could give we an analysis on him ?

Well, he's a right footed attacking midfielder. Can run at players with decent speed either down the middle or on the wings. Has good vision and nice control. Makes a lot of runs into channels. Starting to gain more confidence and shooting from the edge of box.

Needs to work on left foot, especially crossing from the left. Also, has to work harder at defensive duties (but this also is improving)

I think he is a player that any team would want, but he has room for improvement. I wish we had found him at 17 or 18. With experience around the senior national squad, I think next season will be massive for him.

He's a decent lad and he has a very good attitude and will be a very good professional.  Worth 20 minutes at international level to blood him.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 04:38:11 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DZhYfxSzuwI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DZhYfxSzuwI</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mitchell, Central FC to rely on experience in next SCCL
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 07:14:38 PM »
Mitchell, Central FC to rely on experience in next SCCL
CONCACAF.com

Darren Mitchell wasn’t on the field when Central FC captured its first CFU Club Championship in 2015.

Last month at the Stade Sylvio Cator in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, however, Mitchell had his chance and didn’t let it pass, scoring the third and final goal in a 3-0 win over fellow Trinidad & Tobago power DirecTV W Connection to clinch a second straight Caribbean title.

“To me it was a great achievement because last year I didn’t get an opportunity to play in the finals, which we also won,” Mitchell told CONCACAF.com. “This year, I got my opportunity and made the best use of it.”

Making the victory even sweeter was that it came against W Connection. The two sides have faced each other in numerous important over the last two years – including last year’s CFU final -- further fueling the rivalry.

“To be honest it was a great feeling for me because the whole season we had been losing to them in the league, in the domestic cup,” said Mitchell. “Before the game, we said it was no better feeling than to beat them in the Caribbean Cup finals. It was a great joy. To me, it was a great feeling.”

Although the club was only founded in 2012, the Sharks have already established themselves as the elite of the Caribbean with back-to-back domestic and Caribbean championships.

“It all comes down to the team to be honest,” Mitchell remarked. “The team had been doing hard work in training, sometimes double sessions, bonding among the players. Everybody seems to understand each other, so we have a good chemistry. We just enjoy the football, go out and play for one another and play hard.”

Central FC will now look to make a name for itself regionally, having clinched a second straight berth in the Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League. A year ago, Central finished second in a group that featured the LA Galaxy and Comunicaciones. After early struggles in road losses to both teams, the Sharks ended strong with a 1-0 win over Comunicaciones and a 1-1 draw with LA.

“This year, we have a better understanding and feeling what the tournament is like,” commented Mitchell, who has been capped twice by Trinidad & Tobago. “Once we prepare right and we go out there and work hard, we should have a better performance and get better results.”

With the experience of last year under their belts, Mitchell is confident about winning a group that also contains the Vancouver Whitecaps and Sporting Kansas City, both out of Major League Soccer.

“It’s a good chance for players like myself and the other guys to go out there and show the talent and show what we’re capable of,” Mitchell finished. “I’m even more excited because I really want to make an impact this time around. I want to go out there, give my best and hope maybe I catch the eye of a scout. I’m more excited this time around.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 03:30:58 PM »
WATCH: Player Profile - Darren Mitchell

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dNe-mEU0gvc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dNe-mEU0gvc</a>

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 08:36:55 AM »
Tallman excuse meh cluelessness, but is he the Central FC player that people had mentioned that needed to be selected and wasn't?

All I could think about watching the highlights was if I had come home and seen him play I woulda say to myself, "Nah he on the national team for sure."

Why exactly did you post this now is what I'm wondering?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 09:36:18 AM »
Tallman excuse meh cluelessness, but is he the Central FC player that people had mentioned that needed to be selected and wasn't?

All I could think about watching the highlights was if I had come home and seen him play I woulda say to myself, "Nah he on the national team for sure."

Why exactly did you post this now is what I'm wondering?  ???

The video was first posted on YouTube 2 days ago king.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 09:52:20 AM »
This player shoulda been on T&T side a long time now.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 09:57:46 AM »

From the little tone of your response ah feel you misinterpreted my question to TALLMAN? 

I simply wanted to know if this fellah was a possibility to be drafted onto the national team?

So seeing that yuh answering for TALLMAN, how bout answering my other question; was he the Central FC player that was not selected by SaintFiet?

Oh and what does it being posted on Youtube two days ago have to do with me asking TALLMAN the purpose of him posting it today...are you assuming that I should have seen it by now...anyway thanks for letting me know when it was posted king.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 10:27:25 AM »

They were either referring to him or Nathaniel Garcia. Garcia did get called up, but of course did not get selected because of the impasse with Saintfiet.

Chucky has been performing consistently over the pass two years, and he is also Central's captain. He's a combative hard-working midfielder kinda in ah box-to-box mold. Hutson Charles give him two cobo sweat against Peru and Belize in 2013, but for some reason he's been unable to crack the national team.

I think Central probably put out dat video to shop him around. I post it so people could be more informed about we players.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 10:49:11 AM »

From the little tone of your response ah feel you misinterpreted my question to TALLMAN? 

I simply wanted to know if this fellah was a possibility to be drafted onto the national team?

So seeing that yuh answering for TALLMAN, how bout answering my other question; was he the Central FC player that was not selected by SaintFiet?

Oh and what does it being posted on Youtube two days ago have to do with me asking TALLMAN the purpose of him posting it today...are you assuming that I should have seen it by now...anyway thanks for letting me know when it was posted king.

What tone fella? You mean my tone of confusion to the last sentence you typed that I BOLDED? Lol  My response to your post had nothing to do with Chucky. I was just confused that you would ask Tallman why he posted a video on the forum that was initially published by Central FC on YouTube the day before. When exactly should HE have posted it? While Saintfeit was head coach and the video wasn't published? Anyway look tallman responded to your post so all is well :beermug:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 12:23:23 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 01:37:28 PM »

They were either referring to him or Nathaniel Garcia. Garcia did get called up, but of course did not get selected because of the impasse with Saintfiet.

Chucky has been performing consistently over the pass two years, and he is also Central's captain. He's a combative hard-working midfielder kinda in ah box-to-box mold. Hutson Charles give him two cobo sweat against Peru and Belize in 2013, but for some reason he's been unable to crack the national team.

I think Central probably put out dat video to shop him around. I post it so people could be more informed about we players.
Thanks Tallman (and Sam) I just wanted to know if there was a pending call up or something...because the little I saw; I liked!

And of course it makes me wonder how come he hasn't been give ah lil invite to ah camp since then.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 03:20:54 PM »
In de last Champion League games, he was clearly Central FC best player and consistently.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 05:46:17 PM »
In de last Champion League games, he was clearly Central FC best player and consistently.

Sam, hopefully Fenwick pull him into camp cause he really look like he have ah lil something at ah national level.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 09:52:55 PM »
Darren Mitchell joins Philippines Football League club, Davao Aguilas FC.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 07:12:24 AM »
Former Central FC midfielder, Darren Mitchell, has signed with Guatemalan club Deportivo Guastatoya.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 05:31:51 AM »
These fellas' agents really have strong links in Central America. Most of our guys getting picked up by clubs in Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras and now Guatemala. Not overly clear on the strength of those domestic leagues but those clubs seem to do better in Concacaf Champions League so I suppose the strength of the league is better.

I also assume the compensation is better as well but we rarely get details about that.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 06:09:52 PM »
These fellas' agents really have strong links in Central America. Most of our guys getting picked up by clubs in Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras and now Guatemala. Not overly clear on the strength of those domestic leagues but those clubs seem to do better in Concacaf Champions League so I suppose the strength of the league is better.

I also assume the compensation is better as well but we rarely get details about that.

The compensation is better and so too the environment surrounding the game.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 07:14:32 PM »
Those leagues are much better than TT Pro league

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 09:49:22 AM »

Don't want to get a controversy going here but ,I think ever since Harts Army put on that show in the Gold Cup ,the Central American Teams really opened there eyes to our players .
Was so happy at the time ,thinking by the time the players got some seasoning over there ,Hart would've had a full Arsenal to choose from but.....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2017, 03:39:29 AM »
Mitchell eager to impress in Guatemala.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Darren Mitchell has described his first weeks at Guatemalan club Deportivo Guastatoya as challenging but he is getting closer to comfort with every day that passes in the Central American destination.

The 27-year-old player, formerly of Tobago Phoenix and Central FC, has played in a couple training matches for the club so far.

“The experience with my new club so far have been challenging but great. The players and staff have made me feel good, almost as if I am home. I just have to work on my Spanish,” Mitchell said on Wednesday.

He would probably want to consider practicing the language with the likes of Daneil Cyrus and Jan Michael Williams as well as Mexican-based duo Shahdon Winchester and Jomal Williams who have all found themselves needing to at least understand the language due to their destination of choice in recent times.

“For me it’s great to be here because I’ve always wanted to experience playing abroad. I’ve just got to work hard and do well for the club and better my name and my reputation as a player,” said Mitchell, who was born in Princes Town but grew up in Tobago.

Mitchell was brought back into the national set up earlier this year by Dennis Lawrence for a friendly against Barbados and he reckons his time in national colours has had a positive impact on him.

“Being on the national team earlier this year has done a lot for me because it created opportunities abroad for me and also help me to build my confidence as a player. As I try to settle more to the conditions here, I would just would like to thank my mom for her continuous support and belief in me and Sergi Roca (agent) for getting me this opportunity,” said Mitchell, who is on a one-year contract with Guastatoya.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 02:03:23 AM »
Mitchell to make debut for new club today.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

After spending almost a month in Guatemala in training with his new club, former Central FC player Darren Mitchell finally got his international clearance last week to allow him to make his competitive debut for at Guatemalan club Deportivo Guastatoya when the season starts.

The 27-year-old player, formerly of Tobago Phoenixhas played in a couple training matches for the club so far.

“I’m very excited naturally to get the ball rolling after receiving my international clearance this past week. Now I can focus on the business on the field and try to have a good start for the club,” Mitchell said.

“The experience with my new club so far have been challenging but great. The players and staff have made me feel good, almost as if I am home. I just have to work on my Spanish,” Mitchell added.

Mitchell was brought back into the national set up earlier this year by Dennis Lawrence for a friendly against Barbados and he reckons his time in national colours has had a positive impact on him.

“Being on the national team earlier this year has done a lot for me because it created opportunities abroad for me and also help me to build my confidence as a player . As i try to settle more to the conditions here, I would just would like to thank my mom for her continuous support and belief in me and Sergi Roca (agent) for getting me this opportunity,” Mitchell added.

He is on a one-year contract with Guastatoya. Mitchell will be hoping to make his debut today in the season opener against Coban Imperial.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 04:54:42 AM »
WATCH: Midfielder Darren Mitchell scores his first goal for CD Guastatoya in their 3-0 win over Xelajú MC. Mitchell actually starts the play deep in Guastatoya’s half and then sprints the length of the field to complete the play.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zHVoxpJbMgk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zHVoxpJbMgk</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>