April 30, 2024, 01:58:54 PM

Author Topic: It is official now on FIFA world cup site...........Dutch man is new Coach  (Read 1881 times)

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
The experienced Dutchman Leo Beenhakker has been named head coach of Trinidad & Tobago's national team. Following two losses and a draw in their first three matches in the final round of North, Central American and Caribbean Zone qualifying, the 62-year-old was tapped to take over from departing boss Bertille St. Clair.
In an attempt to kick-start their ailing attempt to reach their first FIFA World Cup finals in Germany in 2006, former captain Russell Latapy will also be returning to stand in as assistant coach to the newly installed Beenhaker. The decisions were taken after an emergency meeting of members of the country's Technical Advisory Committee, who met with several senior national-team players.

In a major shake-up within the federation, which also saw several changes at an organisational level, Beenhaker's arrival is, by far, the most profound. With T&T propping up the final six-team 'Hexagonal' in CONCACAF, it will be down to the former Netherlands and Real Madrid boss to turn around their fortunes after the departing St. Clair left a glimmer of hope with a 0-0 draw in last weekend's match against Costa Rica.

With St. Clair having opted to throw in with foreign-based stars like Dwight Yorke, Stern John and Shaka Hislop, it is expected Beenhaker will be changing the approach in fundamental ways before the next set of qualifiers begin in the region in early June – perhaps with an eye to some of the country's younger, developing talent.

With two months to go before their fourth qualifying game against Panama at home, and with only one point to show for their efforts so far, it is hoped the injection of an experienced and renowned coach of Beenhaker's stature will be enough to stem the rising tide and get the only remaining Caribbean team in CONCACAF qualifying somewhere in the crucial top four.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yessssssssssssssssssss   :D

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
For a minute it was looking like Jack gave us a 6 for a 9.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
For a minute it was looking like Jack gave us a 6 for a 9.

I hope they didn't get they info from TTFF and that they independently verified the hiring
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Maybe Jack tell them to put the story on the Website you know he own FIFA. Maybe he in charge of Website too  ;D ;D ;D

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
I anxious now yes, I not breathing easy until I see him in T&T
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Given Beenhakker's "it's news to me" (http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/19508231/_Beenhakker_bondscoach_Trinidad_en_Tobago_.html) comment and the fact that this article quotes neither Warner nor Beenhakker, I'll wait for better confirmation.
http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-worldtrinidadcoach&prov=reuters&type=lgns

1]; } ?>