April 16, 2024, 01:20:29 PM

Author Topic: Jomal Williams Thread.  (Read 33912 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jomal Williams Thread.
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2021, 10:50:33 AM »
Another one who was marked for greatness but sat of his laurels and did absolutely nothing to improve his game and allowed himself to wither into a standard pro league player. these TT players all start off hot and sweaty with high expectations on the horizon but within a few years plateaued into obscurity.

We have a real saga boy sports culture here in trinbago, and football for damn near most of these lads is to land them notoriety and the perks that go along with it, but the other aspects of the game means nothing to them, like striving to play in the best leagues in the world by improving their skill set and aiming to please the fans by putting in the necessary hard work like top ballers around the world.

They seem to think that neymar, messi, christiano, salah, sterling and even pulaisic all have natural football super powers and play all season without putting in the hard work, and when practice is over these guys go home and paint the town on their free time and the off season funning and flexing, when in reality they go all out putting in the extra back breaking work keeping their fitness level and working on their weaknesses.

I could only hope the lads like poon ageron, Gary griffith 111, Levi garcia, Noah powder and the youngsters coming up know that in order to be marketable and play in the big leagues they have to put in the strenuous laborious nonstop work on their craft.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 11:01:05 AM by pull stones »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2021, 11:11:04 AM »
Another one who was marked for greatness but sat of his laurels and did absolutely nothing to improve his game and allowed himself to wither into a standard pro league player. these TT players all start off hot and sweaty with high expectations on the horizon but within a few years plateaued into obscurity.

We have a real saga boy sports culture here in trinbago, and football for damn near most of these lads is to land them notoriety and the perks that go along with it, but the other aspects of the game means nothing to them, like striving to play in the best leagues in the world by improving their skill set and aiming to please the fans by putting in the necessary hard work like top ballers around the world.

They seem to think that neymar, messi, christiano, salah, sterling and even pulaisic all have natural football super powers and play all season without putting in the hard work, and when practice is over these guys go home and paint the town on their free time and the off season funning and flexing, when in reality they go all out putting in the extra back breaking work keeping their fitness level and working on their weaknesses.

I could only hope the lads like poon ageron, Gary griffith 111, Levi garcia, Noah powder and the youngsters coming up know that in order to be marketable and play in the big leagues they have to put in the strenuous laborious nonstop work on their craft.

are you the top in your field soldier?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2021, 12:32:39 PM »
I am willing to offer constructive critiques about players. I raise my hands on that. Have done it on the forum and face to face. However, we have to be careful not to place the consequences of our deficient system at the feet of the individual players or on where their growth stalls.

These players are optimizing their outcomes in a f*cked up system. It is not that they are f*cking up their outcomes in an optimized system.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2021, 07:41:13 PM »
I am willing to offer constructive critiques about players. I raise my hands on that. Have done it on the forum and face to face. However, we have to be careful not to place the consequences of our deficient system at the feet of the individual players or on where their growth stalls.

These players are optimizing their outcomes in a f*cked up system. It is not that they are f*cking up their outcomes in an optimized system.
:beermug: :chilling:

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2021, 01:25:13 AM »

this is a classic example as to why we continue to lose out to the tops teams in the region, it’s because the lads are as soft as bird shite, and the reason for that is because in the modern black world experience we are flooded with these anti establishment ideals that offer tons of excuses for failure and push the narrative that “we are victims of a failed system” that is why we can’t excel, so we have to sell drugs to survive, or car jack, or partake in some illicit activity, all because it’s not our fault. well sorry I don’t buy into that.

I remembered just before Steve hart was fired some of his players were breaking camp, it was just around that time that the teams started nose diving even losing out on three chances to make it to the copa america centennial with a string of loses giving the fat boss the fuel to fire SH. then players like jovin, bateau and the rest of the first team were ducking their duty to rep the country and in the end we lost out on a spot to the gold cup to haiti.

I say all this to say that in today’s world there are too many bloody excuses for failure. I would like to know what is the difference between the era of latapy, Clint marcel, Leonson lewis and Dwight yorke to name a few, as compared with the lads today?

Those guy didn’t have good gear or even a ride to go to games but instead took public transportation or walked to venues, some even borrowed a friend’s tugs on match day, in fact some of them would be lucky to have even owned a ball, and if they did they would have cherished it with care, yet they put in the work and excel these kids that have everything at their disposal but could barely make a proper splitting pass.

I am friends with a few guys that went to high school with latapy, and they said latapy lived with a ball at his feet even more so than his school books. at breaks he would be practicing doing drills working on his first touch doing keep ups and everything imaginable, I also heard this about dwight where he would spend hours practicing and this is not rocket science, because the lads who didn’t put in the work never went anywhere with football.

the same system Jamal and company came up with is the same lazy shabby system that produced Dwight and russell, in fact Jamal and company had a pro league that paid them to play football where they had access to better coaching as well as better facilities to excel. so I’m not buying into to that fancy talk about systems and situations, the bottom line is that these guys don’t give a damn about excellence, they do the bare minimum and are surprised when they fail. how do you expect to do the very least and expect to be successful? that’s ludicrous.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 01:52:22 AM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2021, 02:00:44 AM »

this is a classic example as to why we continue to lose out to the tops teams in the region, it’s because the lads are as soft as bird shite, and the reason for that is because in the modern black world experience we are flooded with these anti establishment ideals that offer tons of excuses for failure and push the narrative that “we are victims of a failed system” that is why we can’t excel, so we have to sell drugs to survive, or car jack, or partake in some illicit activity, all because it’s not our fault. well sorry I don’t buy into that.

I remembered just before Steve hart was fired some of his players were breaking camp, it was just around that time that the teams started nose diving even losing out on three chances to make it to the copa america centennial with a string of loses giving the fat boss the fuel to fire SH. then players like jovin, bateau and the rest of the first team were ducking their duty to rep the country and in the end we lost out on a spot to the gold cup to haiti.

I say all this to say that in today’s world there are too many bloody excuses for failure. I would like to know what is the difference between the era of latapy, Clint marcel, Leonson lewis and Dwight yorke to name a few, and the lads today? Those guy didn’t even have good gear, some of the borrowed a friends tugs to p,ah in games, some of them would be lucky to own a ball, and if they did they would have cherished it with care, yet 5hey put in the work.

I am friends with a few guys that went to high school with latapy, and they said latapy lived with a ball at his feet even more so that his school books. at breaks he would be practicing doing drills working on his first touch doing keep ups and everything imaginable, I also heard this about dwight, whereas the lads who didn’t put in the work never went anywhere with football.

the same system Jamal and company came up with is the same lazy shabby system that produced Dwight and russell, in fact Jamal and company had a pro league that paid them to play football and they had access to better coaching as well as better facilities to excel.so I’m not buying into to all that fancy talk about systems and situations, the bottom line is that these guys don’t give a damn about excellence, they do the bare minimum and are surprised when they fail, how do you expect to do the very least  and expect to be successful? that’s ludicrous.

Brodda, two separate things. NOTHING I mentioned dealt with the passive view of them being victims. Victimology is quite different from acknowledging the consequences and linkages of systematic acts.

The way you have responded is akin to a common mistake negators make when engaged about the vestiges of systematic enslavement. It is important to distinguish between symptoms and causes. Those who deny the legacy of enslavement do not connect all the dots of the impressive mental machinery that superseded the physical chains. Straight line analysis does not paint the full picture.

Also, underachievement does not equate to victimology. And what I am contending is that it is easy to overlook or easy to not be able to locate a player's overachievement in a failed system. It is not that we have not had a Premier League quality player since our last one or that we have not had a Serie A or B quality player, it is that not having a straight and flat track ( for even a brief spell) has had an impact on reality.

Doh believe that these players are not ball crazy. For instance, I could tell you that there are some crazedballers who would have been on our Olympic team if we had one. Those fellahs are true VICTIMS, but their future success has to be engaged not locked in that narrative but in whatever success they produce or fail to produce outside of that narrative, without ignoring its effects. But even within that, our dependence on regional competitions for exposure as opposed to consistent cyclical development is a systemic flaw.

And my comments are really focused on club football not on NT football. Being able to access a good club and engage with one's craft as a pro is fundamental to outcomes at NT level.

As it stands, Bateau may have overachieved even if his growth stalled. Optimally where should Jomal be?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 02:23:13 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2021, 02:28:23 AM »
There you go again mate with the excuses mate. I made one simple example in regards to latapy yorke and Lewis where these guys were savannah ballers who ran to and from practice, in case you don’t know latapy came up under jah jah and Wayne lewis two small time savanah coaches, yet these latapy flew high, and not because he was special or he privileged to receive special coaching, no, he simply put in the extra work.

I believe if any of our present national players were ball hounds we would have been in a batter place, in fact I believe they are the opposite. they are spoiled babies that’s why hart struggled so much with them. even kenwin was complaining how they never wanted to put in the extra work and was a bit frustrated with their antics.

IMO the only ball hound on this present national set up is molino, and it shows in his game.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2021, 03:14:01 AM »
There you go again mate with the excuses mate. I made one simple example in regards to latapy yorke and Lewis where these guys were savannah ballers who ran to and from practice, in case you don’t know latapy came up under jah jah and Wayne lewis two small time savanah coaches, yet these latapy flew high, and not because he was special or he privileged to receive special coaching, no, he simply put in the extra work.

I believe if any of our present national players were ball hounds we would have been in a batter place, in fact I believe they are the opposite. they are spoiled babies that’s why hart struggled so much with them. even kenwin was complaining how they never wanted to put in the extra work and was a bit frustrated with their antics.

IMO the only ball hound on this present national set up is molino, and it shows in his game.

We know what we know and we doh know what we doh know. You are able to make those comments after those men achieved success.

The moment I became a competitive runner, I used to run to school in the mornings with my uniform, shoes and towel in my backpack and shower at school. By the time my classmates arrived, they had NO idea. According to my quick check of Google Maps (I didn't have the privilege of precise calculation then), I was running 3 miles to school. I did that at 14/15. It was ingrained at 16/17. No one suggested I do it. Who do you think was aware of it when I sailed around the track at the stadium? We know what we know and we doh know what we doh know. And that's what I did in the MORNING.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 04:21:57 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2021, 11:10:22 AM »
I could tell you that there are some crazedballers who would have been on our Olympic team if we had one.

Mike Grayson had  told me that there were some good players at the U-23 level, but that time was running out to make a cohesive team out of the bunch. Lo and behold DJW reported that they were not taking part in the Olympic qualifiers. A big fat scheups from me, Breds.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2021, 05:29:23 PM »
WATCH: Jomal Williams scores for the second consecutive match in AD Isidro Metapán 3-0 win over Sonsonate FC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jQZXuEtp920?start=40" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jQZXuEtp920?start=40</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2021, 06:32:27 AM »
Sonsonate appear to be in the wrong division. Woeful, slumbering quality. Looking like a 3a.division team.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2021, 09:55:45 AM »
Sonsonate appear to be in the wrong division. Woeful, slumbering quality. Looking like a 3a.division team.

De keeper jokey eh?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2021, 10:19:44 AM »

De keeper jokey eh?

YEAH, dahis nothing he should be gehhin paid for. But top to bottom, they're all over the place. To say that the LB was outclassed would be kind.

I was particularly amused by #7 at about 1:45.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 10:22:58 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2021, 07:05:24 PM »
WATCH: Jomal Williams penalty earns AD Isidro Metapán a 1-1 draw with CD Águila

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qsCqisVBuHM?start=59" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qsCqisVBuHM?start=59</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2021, 11:40:27 AM »
WATCH: Jomal Williams earns and scores a penalty on his birthday to cap off A.D. Isidro Metapán's 4-0 thumping of A.D. Chalatenango

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VH-LMZRC9Sw?start=210" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VH-LMZRC9Sw?start=210</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2021, 10:06:32 AM »
Dunce defending is the root cause of him even getting near the penalty area (1st defender). After that it's pure entertainment punctuated by that drag. I understand why Chalatenango (3-3-3) would defeat Sonsonate (see previous posts, now 0-1-8), but I'm struggling to figure out how they mustered their two other victories. The points table does not reflect it, but Chalatenango are probably not 11 points better than Sonsonate.

Here's a comical example of how they worked their way to 3 potential points and then erased 2 pts. Time to fly de coop, Jomal.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2021, 05:19:35 PM »
Jomal Williams has joined Salvadoran powerhouse C.D. Águila

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2021, 01:31:36 AM »
Hold on, to be clear, he leff the 1 st place powerhouse team for the 3 rd place powerhouse team, correct ?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2021, 04:16:20 AM »
Hold on, to be clear, he leff the 1 st place powerhouse team for the 3 rd place powerhouse team, correct ?

guess he likes that league .. well paid there i assume
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2021, 05:31:40 AM »

Determining the winner in El Salvador is like a maze. It's not done as in the Pro League or the Premier League. I think geography and travel influences that, but they also make it challenging by seeding/elimination after round-robin play. Both of the teams progressed to the elimination round, but both suffered losses in different parts of the brackets.

Is it strictly speaking a step down from #1 to #3? Not really.

Team composition is changing drastically either way. His new team won't look they same. Lots of new faces coming in. New coach too (played for Bielsa, was very successful in Mexico as a player, can be a bit gruff at times) ... what I'm trying to get a handle on is whether the coach is inheriting Jomal by default or whether Jomal is one of his handpicked preferences. Should know more shortly.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2021, 06:01:43 AM »

guess he likes that league .. well paid there i assume

For some a bird in hand is worth 2 in de bush. For others de 2 in de bush are worth 3 or 4. To get to the 3 or 4, yuh have to go in de bush and hunt. If yuh comfortable, yuh not going to hunt.

In my view, he's made his point in El Salvador. Some weeks ago, I suggested that it was time to ride out. Pursue more challenging football.

The NT needs hunters. Players who are hungry to produce and deliver. Players who are willing to play outside of their skin. This is a Gold Cup year. Hunting season.

The money he is making in El Salvador is what he should be making in a properly functioning Pro League. But, right now the absence of that is a good thing because our players need the experience of these Central American environments.

I'm disappointed to have heard that he had a more competitive league interested in him and he opted to stay in El Salvador. Time will tell whether the bird in hand was actually the gamble and the 2, 3 or 4 in the bush less of a shot in the dark.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 06:05:42 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2021, 07:02:34 AM »
Stewpppssss. what a tosser.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2021, 08:32:34 AM »

Determining the winner in El Salvador is like a maze. It's not done as in the Pro League or the Premier League. I think geography and travel influences that, but they also make it challenging by seeding/elimination after round-robin play. Both of the teams progressed to the elimination round, but both suffered losses in different parts of the brackets.

Team composition is changing drastically either way. His new team won't look they same. Lots of new faces coming in. New coach too (played for Bielsa, was very successful in Mexico as a player, can be a bit gruff at times) ... what I'm trying to get a handle on is whether the coach is inheriting Jomal by default or whether Jomal is one of his handpicked preferences. Should know more shortly.
not trying to determine who is the winner, just who is the powerhouse. I don’t think it’s them.
There are 5 teams with better records, 4 with similar in a 12 team split league. And the league or national football ain’t no powerhouse either. 6 best record in USL maybe, Costa Rica maybe, Mexico sure, MLS maybe
In rest of Concacaf 6 best record is not powerhouse.

https://www.google.com/search?q=el+salvador+football+league&rlz=1CDGOYI_enCA730CA730&hl=en-US&ei=_CuhYNvTELm_Qaz7q7oAw&oq=el+salvador+football&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAEYAjIECAAQRzIECAAQRzIECAAQRzIECAAQRzIECAAQRzIECAAQRzIECAAQRzIECAAQR1AAWABgpyRoAHABeACAAQCIAQCSAQCYAQDIAQjAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#sie=lg;/g/11j5q0h1dm;2;/g/124xwjnjr;st;fp;1;;
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 08:41:34 AM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2021, 11:23:21 AM »

not trying to determine who is the winner, just who is the powerhouse. I don’t think it’s them.
There are 5 teams with better records, 4 with similar in a 12 team split league. And the league or national football ain’t no powerhouse either. 6 best record in USL maybe, Costa Rica maybe, Mexico sure, MLS maybe
In rest of Concacaf 6 best record is not powerhouse.

https://www.google.com/search?q=el+salvador+football+league&rlz=1CDGOYI_enCA730CA730&hl=en-US&ei=_CuhYNvTELm_Qaz7q7oAw&oq=el+salvador+football&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAEYAjIECAAQRzIECAAQRzIECAAQRzIECAAQRzIECAAQRzIECAAQRzIECAAQRzIECAAQR1AAWABgpyRoAHABeACAAQCIAQCSAQCYAQDIAQjAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#sie=lg;/g/11j5q0h1dm;2;/g/124xwjnjr;st;fp;1;;

I understood what you were asking. What I've suggested is that it is akin to a Chelsea to Arsenal or vice versa move. I don't like the analogy but there it is reluctantly.

In a flat league the answer as to the powerhouse team is an easier assessment, particulalrly when referencing season upon season. In El Salvador you could rely on tradition and history, but it won't necessarily provide the most accurate picture of how other teams stack up as formats have evolved and bearing in mind there are two seasons during the course of what we traditionally view as one ... anyhow, neither of the teams involved is the answer you're looking for. It would be FAS.

As far as comparing across groups, IMV it is potentially not the best approach because strength of schedule across a geographical format shouldn't be ignored.

In any event, the reason for the format (league and elimination) is to generate excitement and a lack of predictability, even with seedings.

So powerhouse over what period? Titles or consistency? In England, wouldn't you consider both Chelsea and Arsenal as powerhouses?

Has he gone to a competitive club? Yes. Should he have gone to a more competitive league? Yes, but also a personal decision.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 11:37:56 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2021, 02:14:54 PM »
More like Chelsea and Bolton, apples and oranges, but both fruit. He can go wherever he likes for whatever reasons he might be aware of. I not vex with him. If he up to that and satisfied with his decisions, I happy too. Just don’t start crying and complaining if there is fallout from those decisions. We can offer a shoulder, but we have other issues and ppl to see about, who also have dreams to fulfill. Deal with your ppl, your families and your agent(s). Things turnout good , we will clap. Not good, we does move on. Such is sport. Everybody remember Bolt but very few can tell you who came 6th. Only those who had a relationship with that individual. Even more so in team sports. Right or wrong ?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 02:20:28 PM by maxg »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2021, 12:22:52 PM »
After being unable to complete his move to CD Águila due to a delay in getting his passport, midfielder Jomal Williams has now signed with CD Luis Ángel Firpo.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2021, 01:03:18 PM »
Firpo is one of the top teams in El Sal

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2021, 09:11:08 PM »
A Jomal Williams brace gave CD Luis Ángel Firpo their first win of the season, a 3-2 victory over CD Platense. Jomal's second goal saw him take one touch to control the ball with his right foot before rifling it into the far corner of the goal with his left foot.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/l78-DvGZDw0?start=40" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/l78-DvGZDw0?start=40</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2021, 01:48:42 PM »
WATCH: Jomal Williams scores off his own penalty kick rebound during CD Luis Ángel Firpo's 1-1 draw with AD Isidro Metapán.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Nen6G0AkJA4?start=32" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Nen6G0AkJA4?start=32</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2021, 05:32:46 PM »
WATCH: Jomal Williams scores a brace to lead CD Luis Ángel Firpo to a 3-1 win over CD Atlético Marte.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lBlrRYMJpBY?start=11" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lBlrRYMJpBY?start=11</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lBlrRYMJpBY?start=181" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lBlrRYMJpBY?start=181</a>

1]; } ?>