April 19, 2024, 09:45:30 PM

Author Topic: Chris Birchall Thread  (Read 18495 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Birchall
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2013, 10:54:54 PM »
START CHRIS BIRCHALL TOMORROW!  :wavetowel:

:wavetowel: :wavetowel:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2013, 12:34:16 AM »
Dis is de ideal game for a player like Birchall. If he doesn't start tomorrow something ent right!!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2013, 01:40:56 PM »
I am a great fan of MeMum but if he does not start today- He is surplus requirement for the team and sad to say that is the end of the line for this warrior. He gave us blood and sweat but the curtain has been drawn on his career.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2013, 02:15:18 PM »
I am a great fan of MeMum but if he does not start today- He is surplus requirement for the team and sad to say that is the end of the line for this warrior. He gave us blood and sweat but the curtain has been drawn on his career.

u can see how the game passes him by now..it is sad. a true general in his time but we can't be sentimental if we want to progress.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2013, 02:33:05 PM »

u can see how the game passes him by now..it is sad. a true general in his time but we can't be sentimental if we want to progress.
He hasn't been playing regular club football. I don't think his time is up, I just think he isn't as sharp as he needs to be at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:57:38 PM by Dinner Mints »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Chris Birchall
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2013, 02:54:16 PM »

Lack of playing time can do that. Doesn't mean he is past his best
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2013, 03:07:03 PM »
Well he playing Div. One just like Boucaud, when exactly was he inactive?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2013, 03:40:51 PM »
Well he playing Div. One just like Boucaud, when exactly was he inactive?

VB
Boucaud starts most game. Birchy often doesn't even make bench. And there was a stretch of inactivity, I think, between Galaxy and Port Vale.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2013, 03:41:54 PM »
The game been 'Passing him by' as you guys saying cause he clearly wasn't fit. He seems to be fitter now, I certainly wouldn't say his national team career done, he is what, 28.

On the other hand; He may decide sitting on the bench isn't for him and call it a day. Sad if so, as he has sacrificed and shown more commitment for the national side than MANY local born.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2013, 07:11:15 PM »
Well I guess we finally see why Birchall wasn't getting a look in on the side..

Man look like he was toting ah belly when he come on... Slightly rotund, what going on dey Birchy?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2013, 07:41:45 PM »

Man look like he was toting ah belly when he come on... Slightly rotund, what going on dey Birchy?

Yes, even from de training session I saw, he was looking unfit.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2013, 07:48:05 PM »
Man belly look like mine oui, doh worry Birchy, tell dem dais yuh tool shed
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2013, 05:06:34 AM »
Hope he is motivated now to put in some work.............. we're moving on up !!!!!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2013, 12:05:15 PM »

Same thing I said, he looked top heavy

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2013, 02:20:47 PM »

Same thing I said, he looked top heavy

I notice it too. I had to look three times to be sure.

Up to April he was playing football with his team. Even if he couldn't make bench after that  he does have to train doesn't he. And he's been with the TT team "training" for the last three weeks.

Well looks like SH had good reason. Come dey man Birch you still young. We need you.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2013, 04:00:51 PM »
No is not yur big screen tv. MeMum look like he need to shed dat tire from round he waist.  Too much of fish and chips when he went back home. Japs and Stag go call him first fuh an endorsement. All joke aside, we country too small to discard anybody. Come again MeMum, we go need yuh experience and hustle real bad in the coming years.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2013, 08:28:00 PM »
correk, de man is only 28, same as kj
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Chris Birchall Thread
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2013, 03:05:48 AM »

Birchall retires
T&T Express.

FAREWELL TO NUMBER 7: Trinidad and Tobago’s Chris Birchall, third from left, displays an autographed jersey he received just before kick-off in the friendly international against Jamaica, at the Hasely

Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain, yesterday evening. The jersey was signed by members of the Trinidad and Tobago squad for yesterday’s match. The T&T-Jamaica showdown was Birchall’s final outing for the Soca Warriors. Looking on are Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) president Captain Horace Burrell, far left, T&T Football Federation (TTFA) president Raymond Tim Kee, second from left, and T&T President Anthony Carmona, far right. —Photo: ROBERT TAYLOR

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2013, 03:45:02 AM »
:( he put in a good shift last night

Farewell  :salute:

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:57:19 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2013, 08:23:44 AM »
Birchall to maintain ties with TT football
T&T Newsday Reports.

RETIRED Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Christopher Birchall is now settling back into his groove as a sole club player with Port Vale, a few days after playing in his final international match for Trinidad and Tobago.

The 29-year-old midfielder, on his return to London, said he will forever hold on to his memories in a Trinidad and Tobago shirt, and added that the highlights of his career all came with the National Team.

Birchall spent over an hour in conversation with the President of Trinidad and Tobago, The Honourable Anthony Carmona at his office last Monday as he paid a courtesy call in light of his farewell encounter against Jamaica.

Sports Minister Anil Roberts was also present at the meeting while representing the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) was General Secretary Sheldon Phillips.

“I was amazed at his (Carmona’s) knowledge for the game and Trinidad and Tobago football on a whole,” Birchall said.

“He certainly knows his stuff and it was a real honour and a privilege to be able to sit with him and talk about so many things. It’s great to have a President who cares about the game and sees it as something important for the country.

He encouraged me to keep ties with the country which I obviously intend to do and already there have been talks about me possibly coming back to share my experience in some way or the other, whether it be in coaching or through other some form which I’d be delighted to be part of.” The former Coventry City man urged Roberts to continue holding a special interest in local football.

“I’ve known the Sports Minister since the 2006 campaign. I remember him being an avid supporter of the team, always very present at the games and I think he knows what is required for success.

“He seems to have a fair knowledge of what the current team needs in terms of support and I hope can continue in this way to hopefully see the country get to another World Cup.

“With people like him around, hopefully the association can get things done in the right way and that the game can continue to develop here in Trinidad and Tobago, ” Birchall added.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2013, 12:27:01 PM »
START CHRIS BIRCHALL TOMORROW!  :wavetowel:

:wavetowel: :wavetowel:
Port Vale better do the right thing or Central go take him Sunday...right FS, right ? >:(  ;)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2013, 09:27:26 AM »
He playing and they presently leading...now, what is really Justin Hoyte story.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2013, 09:36:57 AM »
What going on with Hoyte so?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2014, 08:32:08 AM »
WATCH Chris Birchall score two clinical long-range strikes in Port Vale Reserves’ 2-1 win over Walsall Reserves. The first one is at 0:40 and the second one is at 1:11.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MXiLeQioOGU?start=40" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MXiLeQioOGU?start=40</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2014, 10:07:36 AM »
Lawd he playing reserves now? Classic Birchall bullets though.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2014, 10:40:13 AM »
Bullet still there..but couldn't find him in defense, in those highlghts anyway..

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2014, 12:24:16 PM »
Lawd he playing reserves now? Classic Birchall bullets though.

He has been getting regular minutes with the first team this season. Occasionally starting but most times off the bench.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2014, 01:27:36 PM »
Port Vale vs Sc**thorpe (October 21, 2014)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nrRj1U9Nl3Q&amp;start=37" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nrRj1U9Nl3Q&amp;start=37</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2015, 05:04:59 PM »
WATCH Chris Birchall score the equalizer for Port Vale in their 2-1 come-from-behind victory against Peterborough.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/abW4oWkrZbk?start=93" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/abW4oWkrZbk?start=93</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chris Birchall delighted to score against Peterborough United
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2015, 07:36:13 PM »
Chris Birchall delighted to score against Peterborough United
By Daniel Lee (port-vale.co.uk)

Chris Birchall has spoken of his delight after he started and scored in Port Vale’s victory over Peterborough United at Vale Park on Saturday.

The 30-year-old scored his second goal of the season, and first since October, to help the Valiants get back on level terms after Conor Washington had put Peterborough into an early lead.

Ben Williamson then capitalised on a mistake in the Posh defence to give Vale a 2-1 win.

Speaking to the press after the game, Birchall said: “I didn't know until 1.30pm that I was playing. 

"We had a behind closed doors game in mid-week and I played well in that and I think the manager was pleased with me; it's nice to be acknowledged.

"You just want to come back in, play as much football as you can and be on the winning team. There is nothing worse than coming in and then the team losing, you feel like you are going to be out again straight away”.

Birchall also praised the nature of the performance, adding: “It wasn't pretty; I think everyone will agree with that.

"But I have played against Peterborough many times and we have played a lot better than that and not got anything out of the game.

"At this part of the season it is all about getting the points on the table and we are two points off fifth place now, but we know eight or nine teams are within two or three points of us.

"It is a tight league but we will take games like this where we don't play well but we get the win."

Now Birchall hopes he has done enough to start next week’s match against Crewe Alexandra.

He said: "If selected, I will be looking forward to it a lot.  I am a local lad and these are the games I want to play in. I haven't managed to play in the last couple, I have been on the bench.

"We will see what happens. A week is a long time in football, even though we have won there might still be changes. But it is a massive game to play in, especially when we are that close to being where we want to be, in the play off places.

"We will give it our all, go and attack the game, and try to win it."

1]; } ?>