April 16, 2024, 06:31:49 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Romania Game (4-Jun-13).  (Read 32459 times)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Romania Game (4-Jun-13).
« Reply #240 on: June 04, 2013, 08:02:35 PM »
Lyrics dey Anc2

So to all, what are the positives. Jovin Jones continue to prove his worth? Who else have cemented their places on your squad, etc
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 04, 2013, 08:44:50 PM »

[/quote] I will admit I have a soft spot for Birchall and all the other 06ers. I just find some of the these up and coming players aren't as hungry as they should be. When Birch started he was hungry and hustled like a mad man. People Sancho and even Densil played like mad men when they went out there. This young crop don't have the hunger I saw in those guys. So I'm sorry If I don't feel the love for them. They have to earn that. They haven't yet, so I won't give them the same bligh I will give Birchall and the others. Them new fellas too young to be playing this tired already.
[/quote]

And the reason these guys were so brilliant in 2006 was:
1.  We had a very good coach who coached the fringe players into good play
2. They were playing with top class professionals (Yorke, Latapy, Shaka, Stern John, Carlos) who knew the game, played at the highest level and wouldn't tolerate any inferior play. None of the current players have that.

So first, we have to invest in a good coach.  The locals don't have the knowledge, experience or exposure.  Second, we have to get a core team and play a lot of friendlies at every open date as all the top teams do.  There is no way to excellence without that.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 08:46:29 PM by Storeboy »
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 04, 2013, 10:10:08 PM »

I will admit I have a soft spot for Birchall and all the other 06ers. I just find some of the these up and coming players aren't as hungry as they should be. When Birch started he was hungry and hustled like a mad man. People Sancho and even Densil played like mad men when they went out there. This young crop don't have the hunger I saw in those guys. So I'm sorry If I don't feel the love for them. They have to earn that. They haven't yet, so I won't give them the same bligh I will give Birchall and the others. Them new fellas too young to be playing this tired already.
[/quote]

And the reason these guys were so brilliant in 2006 was:
1.  We had a very good coach who coached the fringe players into good play
2. They were playing with top class professionals (Yorke, Latapy, Shaka, Stern John, Carlos) who knew the game, played at the highest level and wouldn't tolerate any inferior play. None of the current players have that.

So first, we have to invest in a good coach.  The locals don't have the knowledge, experience or exposure.  Second, we have to get a core team and play a lot of friendlies at every open date as all the top teams do.  There is no way to excellence without that.

[/quote] :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 05, 2013, 08:33:09 AM »
Whenever you cannot see or fllow the game the next best ting is reading the game thread. A man say Birchall rust have rust :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #245 on: June 05, 2013, 08:35:41 AM »
Schoolboy defending on all the goals. One encouraging sign is the quality of possession. I thought we look much more comfortable on the ball than in the recent past. We need more games and a full squad.

Shabazz and co have no pedigree on the international level they have to go.

1]; } ?>