March 29, 2024, 04:49:54 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Romania Game (4-Jun-13).  (Read 32260 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Romania Game (4-Jun-13).
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2013, 09:21:12 AM »
Ah hear dat Julius James would not be available due to a SNAFU in travel arrangements.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2013, 09:44:52 AM »
Ah hear dat Julius James would not be available due to a SNAFU in travel arrangements.

Can he still play in the Gold Cup, I think he could be a standby player just incase.

I also think the TTFF can make changes to the preliminary roster, there must be some window ?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2013, 10:02:39 AM »

Can he still play in the Gold Cup, I think he could be a standby player just incase.

I also think the TTFF can make changes to the preliminary roster, there must be some window ?

I'm not sure, but I doubt it, because his name was not on the preliminary roster submitted by the TTFF. That roster had the names of 35 players, out of which they would eventually select a 23-man roster. If we advance past the group stage, the additional 13 players are eligible to be used as replacements.

Now daiz supposing dat ah understand de rules correckly.  ;D

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2013, 11:58:58 AM »

I'm not sure, but I doubt it, because his name was not on the preliminary roster submitted by the TTFF. That roster had the names of 35 players, out of which they would eventually select a 23-man roster. If we advance past the group stage, the additional 13 players are eligible to be used as replacements.

Fuentes and them post the 35 names ?

Can you list the players please

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:57:20 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2013, 06:06:58 PM »
Yuh hadda really ask yuhself.....

Why these men doh want to play.
Why de selection at times bordering on irrational.
Why we does just have to make things hard.

If a 35 man squad had to be submitted.....who are they and how were they picked? And if you pick 32....then why would a player outside that get called up? The depth so bad? If so...then why wouldnt the player outside the 35 be picked in the first place?

Daniel...well...not suprised nah...and thats sad. As I recall...this has happened before.....with us and with a club.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2013, 06:25:54 PM »

Fuentes and them post the 35 names ?

Can you list the players please

These are the 35 players. Now there is one mistake. The player in bold is not a Trini, he is Honduran, so somebody missing. You can see the preliminary roster for all Gold Cup teams here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8810352/Gold%20Cup%20Roster.pdf

Abu Bakr, Radanfah
Bateau, Sheldon
Birchall, Christopher
Boucaud, Andre
Carter, Kevon
Cyrus, Daniel
Daniel, Keon
David, Aubrey
Edwards, Carlos
Edwards, Keyon
Gay, Jamal
Glen, Cornell
Gonzales, Curtis
Guerra, Ataulla
Hector, Hughton
Hoyte, Justin
Hyland, Khaleem
John, Cleon
Jones, Joevin
Jones, Kenwyne
Jorsling, Devorn
Leon, Clyde
Marcano, Jason
Mitchell, Carlyle
Molino, Kevin
Moses, Kareem
Phillip, Marvin
Plaza, Willis
Power, Seon
Primus, Robert
Roberts, Darryl
Theobald, Densill
Williams, Jan-Michael
Willians Castillo, Jose Walther
Winchester, Shahdon

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2013, 07:46:59 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4v4GHy6t_wc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4v4GHy6t_wc</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2013, 08:20:19 PM »
Why is it that we are always in a catch up mode? Even when we have months to prepare we get caught up in last minute patch work line up? Hearing that Julius James cannot make the trip and we down to 15 men in training camp?
This kind of inept preparations MUST stop
Did not someone consider back up plans in case of injury? You really have to wonder if due grad fans have to fish out money to come support this type of thing if it is worth it.

One month to Gold Cup and our line up looks depleted

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2013, 12:11:41 AM »
I don't see Peltier name on that list...  :cursing: obviously there was no chance of bringing him in from the start. These clueless, do the same drill/tactic coaches is a pack a dunce!!!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:13:33 AM by triniairman »

Offline Torry1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trini in Bucharest
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2013, 04:56:36 AM »
Not sure about de flag but I have my Soca Warrior team Jersey. By the way this must be someone in the know since you mentioned ah Naps flag ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2013, 05:51:43 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rV8mqRlzJWA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rV8mqRlzJWA</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wadyf0UhLiA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Wadyf0UhLiA</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Romania coach guards against T&T.
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2013, 05:59:37 AM »
Romania coach guards against T&T.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Romanian head coach Victor Piturka says he will not take T&T lightly in tomorrow’s friendly international at the National Arena in Bucharest as his country tries to make full use of the warm up ahead of their remaining 2014 World Cup qualifying matches.

His sentiments would be welcomed news for T&T which arrived in Bucharest on Saturday. Co-head coaches Jamaal Shabazz and Hutson Charles say the game is a crucial part of preparations for the CONCACAF Gold Cup in July.

Piturka told reporters that he was hoping for a strong showing in spite of being forced to drop West Brom Albion defender Gabriel Tamas who was arrested last week in Bucharest for drunken behaviour. “Trinidad and Tobago will not be an easy opponent,” Piturka said. 

Some of the other players in the Romania line up include Stuttgart midfielder Alexandru Maxim, West Ham United defender Razvan Rat, Schalke forward Ciprian Marica, AS Roma goalkeeper Bogdan Lobont and AC Chievo midfielder Adrian Stoian. Charles is hoping for a favourable performance. “This is a great opportunity for us to play against a European team that has a rich history.

I think they will give us the test we want. It is important for our players to understand the importance of delivering a good performance,” Charles said after an 80-minute  training session under light rain and a temperature averaging 14 degrees Celcius at the Baza Sportiva in Buftea, 23 km north of Bucharest. The facility, which was used instead of the Dinamo training venue comprises two natural surface playfields, two artificial surfaces and one beach soccer ground along with state of the art indoor gym, dope testing and medical facilities.

Charles added that while the result is of interest, he was more concerned with the performance on Tuesday which kicks off at 1:4pm T&T time (8:45pm Romania time) “The result matters but I’m looking to see how the players react to our instructions and our approach in a match like this. More importantly, I want to see some sign of chemistry developing and good understanding between the players both on and off the field. That is the purpose of a trip like this one at the moment.”

Meantime, with Shahdon Winchester and Ataullah Guerra arriving today after playing in the Finnish Premier League yesterday, T&T will have to do without late call up Julius James. The former Columbus Crew defender was a late invitee on Thursday after Robert Primus opted out due to club related matters in Kazakhstan.

But despite persistent efforts to have James’ travel arrangements made, his itinerary required that he connect through Paris and a visa was not attainable in the short time frame. Another route through London was said to be over the travel budget according to team manager William Wallace who regrettably advised James of the situation yesterday.

VIDEOS:

Densill Theobald and Jan Michael Williams look ahead to Romania friendly

Justin Hoyte looks ahead to his international debut with Trinidad and Tobago

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2013, 11:22:24 AM »
Williams
Cyrus
Abu Bakr
Hoyte
Birchall
Jones
Theobald
Boucaud
Guerra
Glen
Roberts

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2013, 12:10:24 PM »
Only cones I seeing out dey..some big,big, cones..like it have plenty big hole on dat field ? dem big cone  is  fuh road construction..players runnin about  like dey  dadging  Jep... some kind a Dutch ting bout kickin ball from one group to de next.. I hope dat was part ah de warm up because I always seein dem doin de same ting all de time..when yuh see dem as a team dey cyah string two passes together..why we have dis big belly man makin people feel he know something bout football ? Only in Trinidad we allow smartman to prosper..de more dey fool we ..de more we feed dem..
I tired see dis big belly man..he and Sky Juice should find each other and go into big belly business together..Up inna belly belly belly belly..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2013, 02:01:08 PM »
So obviously too tv broadcast. By now they would of said something
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2013, 04:14:50 PM »
Wow that defense paper thing!!

ah wonder if they could send for two more defenders in time for the astonia game??
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2013, 05:22:52 PM »
ah wonder if they could send for two more defenders in time for the astonia game??

I still want tuh know why de never follow up with Sheanon Williams from Philadelphia Union.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2013, 02:53:20 AM »
Warriors test Romania in Bucharest.
T&T Guardian Reports.

T&T’s footballers will test their level against respected European opponent Romania from 1.45pm TT time (8.45pm Romania time) today at the National Arena in Bucharest.

Ranked 34th on the FIFA World rankings, the hosts have appeared in eight World Cup Finals and are hoping to secure a ninth booking for 2014. Romania crowned their FA Cup Champions on Saturday at the Arena as Petrolul Ploiesti beat CFR Cluj 1-0.

Football is without a doubt the most popular sport in Romania with Gheorghe Hagi who played for Barcelona and Real Madrid being their most popular player to date. He is likely to attend today’s match according to local officials.

Inigo Ocariz Gaubeca, the UEFA licensed match agent who arranged the match said Romanians were delighted to host T&T.

“It is not everyday you get an interesting team like T&T to play in Europe. Romania were looking for an opponent and when we came up with your country, it was a done deal because we think it will be a good contest.

“Of course we know about T&T from the 2006 World Cup and how well you played, especially against Sweden. And now we are pleased to arrange this game to help you prepare for the Gold Cup and for Romania to prepare for their World Cup qualification. There is a lot of interest here and we are excited about the match,” Gaubeca added.

T&T’s players had a lively training session yesterday at the Dinamo Bucharest Stadium where Finnish-based duo Shahdon Winchester and Ataullah Guerra joined the session moments after arriving from Helsinki.

Skipper Denzill Theobald will be hoping his experienced teammates such as Chris Birchall, Cornell Glen and others like Andre Boucaud, Justin Hoyte, Darryl Roberts, Radanfah Abu Bakr, Joevin Jones, Winchester and Guerra among others can deliver for T&T.

Co-head coach Jamaal Shabazz described the conditions as perfect for football.

“The surface was impeccable and we understand the match venue will be similar which is what we want. This is good for our preparation.

We know Romania will be difficult but we’ve been through some difficult experiences so it’s not new to us,” Shabazz said. The Caledonia AIA coach accompanied Hutson Charles and Theobald at the pre-match press conference at Dinamo yesterday.

“We are here to try and make things difficult for Romani and at the same time improve our reputation. It’s not so much about results for us at this stage but we would like to make a great impression and open doors for our football,” Shabazz added.

Middlesbrough defender Hoyte is fired up over his forthcoming debut for T&T, currently ranked 82nd.

“Things have gone really well. It’s been good to meet the new players and the players and staff have been really welcoming. I’ve enjoyed the training so far,” Hoyte said yesterday.

“I will be fully committed whenever I’m called upon to represent the country. I’ll help out whenever it need be. It’s just great to be part of the set up and hopefully we can have a successful campaign. As long as I’m healthy and fit I’d like to play as long as I can.

“It’s a really big game to be making my debut. They are going to be a tough side. They have showed in European and world competitions that they are a great team with a lot of great players. It’s going to be a tough challenge for all of us including myself but it’s something I’m really looking forward to and hopefully we can out on a good performance,” Hoyte said.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2013, 07:04:05 AM »
Seeing Rojadirecta.me has a link for the game. I guess closer to kick off we'll see if it works.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2013, 10:00:09 AM »
So 1:45 kick-off....alright let me look productive for the next 2 hours so I can take in this game, hopefully the links work.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2013, 10:34:48 AM »
Lovely opportunity for T&T. Sad that the whole central defense from Power, Mitchell, Bateau, Julius and even Primus is absent. It would be so nice to show that our defense is no longer porous as it used to be and that we now have quickfooted defenders that allow our midfield to be more expressive in attack. I hope the plan is not sabotaged as ah cyah take the reflex barrage of negativity on this site nah. TTFA have to get their act together and book their flights and secure visas way in advance to avoid the embarrassment of what happened to Julius

Anyway, warriors please try your best. Express yuhself. Molino handle yuh stories and Roberts and Glen do yuh ting. Allyuh on de shop window of all kinda teams watchin'. Go T&T!!!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:43:35 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2013, 10:42:56 AM »
feeling de vybez !

Should be a good game.. great learning experience for most of the squad..  1-1 is my prediction

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2013, 11:16:54 AM »
Good Work DHW.... Dais How We does do it!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2013, 11:24:04 AM »
Teams

T&T: - 1.Marvin Phillip, 3.Joevin Jones (Yellow), 4.Justin Hoyte, 5.Radanfah Abu Bakr, 6.Daneil Cyrus, 10.Kevin Molino, 11.Kevon Carter, 12.Darryl Roberts, 14.Andre Boucaud (Yellow), 18.Densill Theobald (capt), 9.Devorn Jorsling.

Subs - 21.Jan-Michael Williams, 7.Christopher Birchall, 13.Cornell Glen, 19.Shahdon Winchester, 8.Ataullah Guerra, 15.Jamal Gay.

Romania: - 1.Bogdan Lobont , 2.Alexandru Matel, 3.Razvan Rat (Yellow), 5.Nicolae Grigore, 8.Costin Lazat, 9.Ciprian Marica, 11.Gabriel Torje, 15.Dorin Goian, 17.Valerica Gaman, 19.Bogdan Stancu (Yellow), 22.Aurelian Chitu.

Goalscorers: - Ciprian Marica 31, 33, 82, Daneil Cyrus 49 own-goal.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 04:10:19 PM by Flex »

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2013, 11:25:03 AM »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2013, 11:36:07 AM »
1.M. Phillip
3.J. Jones
5.R. Abu Bakr
6.D. Cyrus
4.J. Hoyte
12.D. Roberts
14.A. Boucaud
10.K. Molino
18.D. Theobald (capt)
11.K. Carter
9.D. Jorsling.

Blessings Warriors!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2013, 11:41:52 AM »
If kickoff in 10 mins...the stadium real empty boy  :-[ . Maybe the stadium like Wembley an it does take ages tuh purchase yuh snacks.

1]; } ?>