March 28, 2024, 11:07:59 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Estonia Game (7-Jun-13).  (Read 21208 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Estonia Game (7-Jun-13).
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2013, 01:09:41 PM »
I think the tour was a failure as succintly put above... "we learnt nothing new"
The team also has not grown. The coaching staff seems to have not grown.

Hoyte made his debut... fine. What else?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2013, 01:11:49 PM »
Fellas look at the bright side...it's an improvement, we only concede 1  this time ;D

I with touches.. Next time will be 0 - 0 . After that we ready to beat up on Brazil.

Go Warriors
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2013, 01:12:29 PM »
I feel that tour was to put men in the "showcase" for a small contract and give them caps.

Too bad they look like damaged goods.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2013, 01:13:05 PM »
Fellas look at the bright side...it's an improvement, we only concede 1  this time ;D

I with touches.. Next time will be 0 - 0 . After that we ready to beat up on Brazil.

Go Warriors

good one.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2013, 01:14:44 PM »
so how is tim kee going to attract sponsors and we cyar score a damn goal far less win ah game.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2013, 01:18:04 PM »
I hate to say it again, but the ppl who running things in T&T is not serious about anything period!!  they not even serious about teefin money and bobol, even their con game eh tight.

just look how much times jack warner got clipped for scamming, and he never tighten up his game after being caught time after time. when i think bout these ppl, all i could do is shake my fackin head and sigh.

The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2013, 01:47:55 PM »
We need a goal scorer and should consider Bobby Zamora.

Jorsling, Gay, Kenwyne and Roberts just not cutting it.

Roberts is a disappointment and does not look like a striker, he plays good in midfield though, he reminds me of Dirk Kuyt a little.

T&T strikers is getting lost in position and not making themselves available for the ball.

Plaza, Hector or Molino can play striker too.

Boucaud is T&T's best player at the moment.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2013, 01:49:20 PM »

zamora is not eligible
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2013, 01:57:12 PM »

zamora is not eligible

Yes he is. He was never capped by England in a FIFA tournament.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2013, 01:59:49 PM »
We didnt deserve to lose the game on balance of play.. but If you dont put the ball in the net you have only yourselves to blame

Glenn is different class compared to the other strikers, to be fair to Gay he worked his socks off today but I'm not a fan of the big target man as it dictates the play....everytime the CB's got on the ball especially Cyrus they looked to dump it forward bypassing the midfield and giving up possession

Glenn has the ability to hold up play and you could see his football IQ is better than the others, in the 15 mins he was on he bought 4 fouls by using intelligence of when to go down etc .. and he is the best finisher of the lot

I would like to see us use a false 9 with the attacking mids being fluid and interchanging but If I had to pick a striker it would be Glenn hands down

Gay is something to work with, Jorsling seems to have no confidence in a national team , it confuses me..
Kenwyne I do not rate whatsoever and he seems to never give a f**k , he's never been committed for the cause.. only when he was young and Leo would man manage him well he gave any effort and that was years ago.

This team is really missing a wide threat, Peltier is the man for it but until the staff change then I guess we wont be seeing him , unfortunately.

Cyrus needs to get out the pro league and polish whatever tools he has.. physicality , character and aggression are all well and good but when your football brain is poor it contradicts what you have .. his decision making needs alot of improvement.. always forcing the play.. keep it simple big man, stay composed and make the right pass

Abu Bakr one to work with but also one that has to improve his decision making and his defensive positioning too

Aubrey David is another one to work with.. good young prospect , passed the ball well out of the back today and did his job well enough..

Some good things on show today... The team needs a proper coaching staff to bring the best out of them.. we lack organization and structure... Shabazz and Charles have taken this team as far as they can take them.. time for a change, Leo or not..time for a change

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2013, 02:07:08 PM »
Fellas here's the issue with our coaching philosophy.  1 st off let me just say again I don't trust this Shabazz fella.  To me has arrogance is a team expense.

1. Build to your strengths:  Finding the things you are good at, focus on cementing those things even further as part of the whole.  You need to be playing your BEST TEAM for this to work. 

2. Adjust for your weaknesses:  Look for weak spot here there and everywhere and try to strengthen them.  With this mind set you'll never see the best team we have.  IMHO teams that play like these get a ton of goals.

Every team warming up right now is focused on exploiting their strengths, playing their best teams.   We however, are way to focused on weaknesses.  Trying this, Trying that.   And don't tell me this staff still ain't sure with one month to go who is who on this team..  Please get rid of Shabazz. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2013, 02:20:33 PM »
Lol, just cool the only man I know hate all races, yes.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2013, 02:24:56 PM »

zamora is not eligible

Anton on a show with andre baptiste said he was not .... plus he is 32/33 we need young blood for 2018
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2013, 02:26:09 PM »
i seeing a lot of talk about false 9....we like to copy too much thing.  we cant score with forwards on the field, we will score with a system with no out and out forward....allyuh jokey.  all this talk about false 9, look at the teams that make that system work...spain and barca...brazil tried it and it didnt work.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2013, 02:33:52 PM »
How could we have gotten worst at scoring goals .How is that even possible ?
That eh nutten new, we went all the way to germany and eh score ah solitary goal. breds just keep one thing in mind, scoring goals today has become a very difficult endeavor. the bar as far as international football is concerned was raised ah long time ago, but we in T&T did not move with the times, that's all.
Yes ,but it helps if we would ever even take a shot at the goal.We cant score if we dont shoot .I have been saying it since the World Cup .
Just shoot the damn ball it might go in !!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2013, 02:37:55 PM »
I found they played better, looked better, and coaches seemed to have made some measure of adjustment. Yes, it was against a weaker team but I saw some things. As i'm sure the coaches picked up as well.
Abu Bakr is good, but he not good enough for Ntl team ball. He is slow, he is non-special in defense, and on the set plays in front, he is always there, but no finish or any execution of play for someone else. Glad he have a foreign contract, but since U17 WC, he has been a good local player to me. Ntl team should be for more exceptional players.
 J Jones need these games, probably to good for local, but need Intl/Frgn experience.
Winchester need some years to gain experience.
Gay, another good player, but good for Caribbean duty only.
Bouchard, Theobald, Glen, Carter, Hoyte, Williams & the little piece of Molino & Moses was good for Ntl team...Yes, Theobald, I see why he makes every team. I rather a guy who keeps possession and makes a pass to our players, than try something and give up the ball...like trying to hit a forward with 4 defenders around him.

Bring in old men, Carlos, Samuel, and Hector, Power,Peltier, K Jones and the U17 forward, left defender, & Goalie...and I think we will be good for gold cup, and on the road to build for future.

Everybody showed a little more grit..but as I said, not sure if it was due to weaker opposition, better coaching instruction, more desire or possibly all. Well done everybody. Wish we could do 2 more like this after the Gold cup.
Guerra, Roberts et al..can fill in if injuries and they available..they were ok, but hardly made a difference

just my opinion, right now

ps: i left out Dr.Birchall & VP Daniel. They have to handle their issues. I hope Birchie boy gets better..and he &  Daniel (we never really know what his issues are)can come back even more commited, cause they both can still make this team or assist greatly with a change of strategy.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »
That eh nutten new, we went all the way to germany and eh score ah solitary goal. breds just keep one thing in mind, scoring goals today has become a very difficult endeavor. the bar as far as international football is concerned was raised ah long time ago, but we in T&T did not move with the times, that's all.
Yes ,but it helps if we would ever even take a shot at the goal.We cant score if we dont shoot .I have been saying it since the World Cup .
i saw some "just shots"..they looked like garbage and were garbage..completely wasted..from Gay, Molino, Glen in particular, note, i didn't fault them for it..just saying those type of shots were useless, even if they tried.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2013, 02:48:29 PM »
i saw some "just shots"..they looked like garbage and were garbage..completely wasted..from Gay, Molino, Glen in particular, note, i didn't fault them for it..just saying those type of shots were useless, even if they tried.
Gays shot he had no choice ,the guy on the far post ,shoulda been there for a pass .
And I mean birchall type shots .Kerry Jamerson type shots latapy and Glens shots in the World cup,not kicking it gently to the keeper.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 02:51:21 PM by Qmire »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2013, 02:54:03 PM »
i seeing a lot of talk about false 9....we like to copy too much thing.  we cant score with forwards on the field, we will score with a system with no out and out forward....allyuh jokey.  all this talk about false 9, look at the teams that make that system work...spain and barca...brazil tried it and it didnt work.
I thought it was just me that notice that. The damn midfield can't even make a proper pass, man want them to score lol... It have rell  football guru on here yes! Wake up, this is T&T football we talking about. We not a good team, never been, maybe in  CONCACAF , that's it! We can only dream and hope that one day we will play good football on a consistent basis. Until that time lets just try to be good at least and just maybe, with a lot of work and proper coaches we can entertain that false 9 talk.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2013, 03:03:48 PM »
I thought it was just me that notice that. The damn midfield can't even make a proper pass, man want them to score lol... It have rell  football guru on here yes! Wake up, this is T&T football we talking about. We not a good team, never been, maybe in  CONCACAF , that's it! We can only dream and hope that one day we will play good football on a consistent basis. Until that time lets just try to be good at least and just maybe, with a lot of work and proper coaches we can entertain that false 9 talk.

man need to learn how to control the ball then the next step is pass the ball.  i does watch the "shitty" players (according to the forumites) in la liga, epl, serie a, etc. control ball with 1 touch then i does watch my team take 2 and 3 touches to control the ball (except when it is a pass from theobald)... theobald pass so lightweight even an infant could control it with 1 touch.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2013, 03:21:34 PM »
Hmmmm
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2013, 03:42:02 PM »
Again, guys, its about managing expectations. Estonia may be a small footballing nation but they still got 16 points from 10 games in the Euro 2012 qualifiers and lost to Ireland in the play off (losing at home, drawing away).

They also beat Uruguay a couple of years ago. They play lots of quality friendlies (in 2012 they set a record for being the first team to play all 52 UEFA members)

The reason this is such a good opponent is that their population is roughly the same as T&T so its a good indication of where we're at. They have a lot of Russian influence and everyone plays football there and, like T&T, it's the only way to a decent life for young kids.

A 1-0 defeat is no disaster.

What is clear to me is that T&T don't need Leo or even Mourinho. What they need is a solid youth programme to develop a T&T style that will give results in 10 years time.

Most people here are so focused on winning a game. Who gives a shit about beating Estonia? We all want to win, but a one off victory means nothing. This should be about a steady developmental process. Stop looking for wins and look for improvements. 

The frustrating thing is that there doesn't seem to be a developmental plan!!

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2013, 03:43:00 PM »
Maybe i saw a different game because today i saw a few positives from the boys. they made attempts to pass the ball out of the back and the midfield when on the ball tried to string passes. Where we were lacking truly was in the final third where we looked clueless as to how to break down the defense and whenever we didnt have that ball we looked poor. Things to build on but I wouldn't say they have gotten worse.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thread for the T&T vs Estonia Game (7-Jun-13).
« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2013, 04:07:37 PM »

zamora is not eligible

Anton on a show with andre baptiste said he was not .... plus he is 32/33 we need young blood for 2018

Anton aint know shit. But yeh he too old anyway. England use him them drop him.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2013, 04:31:49 PM »
       :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beermug: :beermug: :applause: :applause:

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2013, 04:33:32 PM »

zamora is not eligible

Unless Anton knows something I am not aware of, Zamora was capped twice for England in 2 friendlies against Hungary and Sweden. He was however selected for a Euro qualifier, but never made an appearance. By the way, I am not debating whether he's good or old enough to play for T&T. I'm just saying based on my understanding of the FIFA eligibility rules, if selected he can still play for T&T.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 07, 2013, 04:55:59 PM »
Football supporter ah see yuh finally got my point, bc yuh hit the nail "ding" the head!

youth development is where it's @, been watching this team since the florida game and they haven't scored a goal in a friendly since canada.

matter of fact the last time T&T scored in a friendly was against finland, and what's even more shocking is, the last time we played with ah solid competitive 11 was against guyana in 2011.

ppl blaming the boys and the coaches when the real culprits has already quit and ran away with ah big bag ah money, another culprit would be our foreign based.

these guys is ah fackin shameless bunch! imagine we played six friendlies in the space of a 10 months and we only played with our better players just once and that was against puru in T&T, all the rest of games we went with a majority local squad, now that is what i call disgraceful and counter productive!!!

the team that we made this journey with was ah forkin local team, and when yuh send ah local team to play against man who sweating for laverkusen and juventus then what de fack allyuh expect!

i am of the opinion that if we had our best players we could have @ least came away with a good result and learned something in the process.

my beef is this, why carry these fellas to europe and come gold cup time they will be over looked for better players, what was the point of that??   :loser:

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:35:46 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 07, 2013, 05:36:06 PM »
All d men who balling Bleeder does hold up d ball unnecessary - all yuh doh have d slightest idea bout fitball or never play for no team or never even kick ah lime in yuh life.. Yuh have to know yuh players ability, and Theobald does an exceptional job of understanding these various abilities.. I doh know what fitball all yuh watching, but he makes a series of penetrating passes to foot of the strikers, and his leadership on d field today is what was essential in encouraging d small juk and pass fitball dat had us enjoying most of d possession.. Not d usual boom kick to nobody.. Bleeder found himself playing very deep at times (which is fine by the way) this enabled d defenders to make the pass to him and eliminate d boom kick dong d road to loss it... However,one. Major problem was the attacking midfielder (Andre) was playing too far from Theobald and causing Daryl to have to come back too much at times to support... So for all d dum dums dat keep criticizing what in essence is effective fitball.... Please go and join ah lil clinic or club or someting and get some coaching to understand d beauty of dis game

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 07, 2013, 06:24:12 PM »
I dont know if anyone has pointed this out yet but without Keon we look clueless on set pieces. Theobald and Jones were terrible on corners and freekicks and Boucard was just average as well. Without Keon we will need to find someone new because these guys cant cut it.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 07, 2013, 06:37:25 PM »
All d men who balling Bleeder does hold up d ball unnecessary - all yuh doh have d slightest idea bout fitball or never play for no team or never even kick ah lime in yuh life.. Yuh have to know yuh players ability, and Theobald does an exceptional job of understanding these various abilities.. I doh know what fitball all yuh watching, but he makes a series of penetrating passes to foot of the strikers, and his leadership on d field today is what was essential in encouraging d small juk and pass fitball dat had us enjoying most of d possession.. Not d usual boom kick to nobody.. Bleeder found himself playing very deep at times (which is fine by the way) this enabled d defenders to make the pass to him and eliminate d boom kick dong d road to loss it... However,one. Major problem was the attacking midfielder (Andre) was playing too far from Theobald and causing Daryl to have to come back too much at times to support... So for all d dum dums dat keep criticizing what in essence is effective fitball.... Please go and join ah lil clinic or club or someting and get some coaching to understand d beauty of dis game

what ah laugh
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>