April 26, 2024, 04:27:23 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Peru Game (26-Mar-2013).  (Read 23194 times)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Peru Game (26-Mar-2013).
« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2013, 10:11:01 PM »
not awful. with about 5 significantly better attacking players we could win games like these.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2013, 10:11:31 PM »
We did battle better in the second half/ Good question I hope we could take away - how to play the game. You know considering the quality of the players we went with , the score is not indicative of the fact that we held on until the last 10 minutes.
Man think with a  full squad and  some coaches who know what they doing.......unmmmmmmmm I think we could compete with the best.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2013, 10:15:39 PM »
Goes to show that our league eh ready yet. 

as soon as they bring on the pro leaguers all fall down.  good news is, it was a friendly and we see that we have a lot of work to do, but we didn't play them with our best 11 so that's ah plus, @ least they see that we cannot go with all these local boys, so on to the foreign based.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:53:49 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2013, 10:16:02 PM »
sighhh...on ah real...it have  some positives outta this game. The objective was to find and trim the herd...looking like players picking there spots come gold cup time. Everybody cld hate and talk bout men is shithound they cyah play ball run down ball etc...as far as i saw, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO SOCAWARRIORS PLAYED WITH HEART TONIGHT, we lapsed at times and the peruvians capitalized.

Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2013, 10:17:30 PM »
We don't have a creative midfield player to dictate our game. We are clueless going forward. Gone are the days when our players use to play like a Trini and take on players as though they were Brazilians. We play like we are scared of our opponents and we try to beat them with long balls. The game is played for 90 plus minutes, and yet we only concentrate for 55-65 mins. A good coach can really make the difference in a team. Our coaches lack ideas and strategies and they are not ready for International football. I hope that we do well in the GC...Good luck Warriors!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2013, 10:18:47 PM »
Jovin jones was ah joy to watch as usual, he needs to play in a better league, this guy is good.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2013, 10:19:46 PM »
not awful. with about 5 significantly better attacking players we could win games like these.
Lets not get carried away, Peru did not play their best team either, and they dominated us for most of the game. Farfan came on in the end and it was like watching Latapy string passes all over the place.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2013, 10:20:27 PM »
We won't get to many more top games ,if we continue to play and finish like this tho.But they did ok till the end .Which is when things happen lol.There needed a timeout  :timeout:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2013, 10:20:58 PM »
sighhh...on ah real...it have  some positives outta this game. The objective was to find and trim the herd...looking like players picking there spots come gold cup time. Everybody cld hate and talk bout men is shithound they cyah play ball run down ball etc...as far as i saw, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO SOCAWARRIORS PLAYED WITH HEART TONIGHT, we lapsed at times and the peruvians capitalized.

Good observation. the boys are tired and it showed in their performance. they played well until they burned out, oh well , that's life.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2013, 10:24:59 PM »
Peru is high altitude ent it .the D looked bun .

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2013, 10:27:43 PM »
Lets not get carried away, Peru did not play their best team either, and they dominated us for most of the game. Farfan came on in the end and it was like watching Latapy string passes all over the place.
I happy with the game, more like this could only benefit our future young players like Jones. You know what I liked most about Farfan, the man was leading the team off the field, long before he came on..He was cheering and encouraging and enjoying the game. We players does either be like deer in headlights or seemingly totally dis-interested. "well if dem nah play me, me ent care"...but I think we did very well against a always underated world class country.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2013, 10:28:28 PM »

the stadium is at 136m, not so high

truetrini

« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2013, 10:37:40 PM »
A game is 90 minutes +....We played for 60 minutes, and then we lost shape.  Our players need to find more intensity.  We gave away the ball way too much in the middle of the park and found ourselves chasing the play.  When that happens you get tired, and lose concentration.

Creativity in the center is absent.   One person demanding the ball witht he ability to distribute...when Molino returns we address some of that.

Fitness, tactical acumen and concentration.  We work on those and we start to compete with all these teams.

I am somewhat encouraged.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2013, 10:51:59 PM »

LOL Lima on the coast
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2013, 11:21:08 PM »
I hope the coaches take note that every time they scored it was on a counter attack, they need not commit so much players in attack, and the midfield need to know how to recover, and for crying out loud, please learn how to foul when it's necessary!!

you can't leave ah man free especially when your defenders are caught out of position, what was supposed to be done was a quick foul on the player before he could advance and make clean passes in your defensive 3rd, this is simple logic.

T&T always lacked defensive organization, the easiest way to score on us is to discombobulate our defense, when our defense is in shambles we are weak as fack!! i've seen this over and over again from the inception, this flaw must be corrected. just look @ peru how they fouled cater and  J.jones every time they beat their marker.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2013, 11:27:53 PM »
A game is 90 minutes +....We played for 60 minutes, and then we lost shape.  Our players need to find more intensity.  We gave away the ball way too much in the middle of the park and found ourselves chasing the play.  When that happens you get tired, and lose concentration.

Creativity in the center is absent.   One person demanding the ball witht he ability to distribute...when Molino returns we address some of that.

Fitness, tactical acumen and concentration after 60.  We work on those and we start to compete with all these teams.

I am somewhat encouraged.

Yeh yuh right, and in particular concentration especially after 70 mins of play, that's when we tend to lose the sight of the plan. i hope they work on mental fitness as well, bc fellas need to keep their heads in the game.

IMO kenyon edwards has no creativity going forward, i think we will do better when we have out full contingent, another thing needs to be addressed is our inability to play sly, we not using professional fouls @ all!! why is that?

on the fist goal birchall was supposed to foul that guy before he got over the half line, why do we play so clean, when it showed time and time again that it proved costly, interrupt the counter attack before it gains momentum dammit!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:32:00 PM by just cool »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2013, 11:45:02 PM »
I think we need an additional striker to give Glenn support and we to start fouling the same way they do us early in counter attacks.
Thank yuh boss, ah tort was me alone!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:47:12 PM by just cool »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2013, 11:51:59 PM »
Allyuh on some kinda ah illusions is just a matter of time.... we just trying to hold on hold on we cyar stop the pounding.  Stop with the excuses we just doh match up skill wise...... yuh cyar take pellets to play against cannon

SUPER BLUE - the pounding start the pounding start te pounding start

ABT wehs your scene sar, yuh gettin like controversial now, chill fam and watch the game and stop trolling, it's ah teef head, no seriously!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2013, 05:49:30 AM »
Use to be a saying that when you had to attend a special event, you would put on your 'Sunday Best' Let us just say that in the last three encounters, we still have not  worn our Sunday best. I understand the rationale of tryoing out players and seeing which players are suited for this level. But let's be a little realistic. Did we really think that our local players were up to the level of playing a team that is battling  in a  WC2014 playoffs?

If we did think that way. then someone is under  some illusion. I still humbly believe that at this time, the more opportunities we have to bring our best forward , the greater the opportunity to build team cohesion. Look at the Peruvian team, move the ball around and  examine their team cohesion. Our approach to many major friendlies seems  cloaked in multiple so called experimentation- we looking at players we trying  to see- when will w get it right? Do you think England was experimenting against San Moreano when they drooped 8 on that team?

Ok we have two more friendlies left. It is with  optimistic patience that we endure the decisions as to player selections, team tactical strategies, and team preparation leading to these upcoming  friendlies. PROPER PLANNING PREVENTS POOR PERFORMANCE.

IN HINDSIGHT I believe that these three friendlies exposed  areas of strengths and weakness. Let us also note that that in the fist encounter against Peru we dd
id field a team with more experienced players and the results was about the same.  Players, coaches we have some time priro to Gold Cup to get our Sunday best together. Are there players we are missing out on? are there some players we ought to say thanks but no thanks? How effective are some of teh old and tried Warriors?  What impact has a K.Jones been to this team to this point? Are we still missing that offensive threat/striker? Is Andre Boucad a mid field player to consider?

Style of play

Boucaud is a midfielder who can play in attacking and defensive midfield positions.[64] He is described as a "stylish player with a deft touch" who has "the ability to create chances as well as provide a shield to the [defence]".[74][75] After signing for Wycombe in 2007 he was described by manager Paul Lambert as a "gritty competitor who is also very good on the ball".[76]

Despite being born in England, Boucaud has represented Trinidad and Tobago, the homeland of his parents, at international level. He made his debut in 2004 as a substitute against Iraq, with his first start coming against Northern Ireland. He played in three 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifiers for Trinidad and his number of caps currently stands at six
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:09:48 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2013, 06:13:48 AM »

LOL Lima on the coast
So is not by Machu Picchu it closer to the Huallamarca pyramid then .cool would like to visit one day .

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 27, 2013, 06:33:07 AM »

LOL Lima on the coast
So is not by Machu Picchu it closer to the Huallamarca pyramid then .cool would like to visit one day .

Huallamarco is in San Isidro in Lima.

You was thinking about Cusco which is 3400 m above sea level and well inland. That is where you go if you on the way to Machu Picchu
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2013, 06:49:16 AM »
Yeah, I caught the game after it was already 25-30 minutes old and just in time to see Birchall make a pass to nobody and I was wondering what the f%$k was that. Then I hear Cornmeal father say something like Birchall was doing that from the start of the game. The entire team was guilty of that. They all have to get their acts together.

After seeing that game last night, you have to wonder what is Shabazz and Charles really teaching this team as coaches. If you saw the Belize game and this game in it's entirety, you come away with the feeling that these guys are confused and bewildered. They don't know how to play the game. They make the game look so difficult and ugly. The last ten minutes of last night's game is a blue print on how the game should be played in it's simplicity. The long ball pass should be a part of the "Lee" family. It should be used, sparingly, tactically, and accurately. That concept is lost on the Trinidad and Tobago defensive players.

F.S. I have a question for you. You have seen Darren Mitchell play, right? The team is begging for that special #10 player like a Kevin Molino to make plays like a #10 should. Does Darren Mitchell fit that role?

So, they finally moved Joevin Jones in a midfield role like they should have done in the Belize game and he looked good, for a while, and then he disappeared again, and then there is the bench players, you cannot continue to bring the bench payers off the bench in the dying minutes of the game and expect to learn anything from their field of play. I can see clearly that you are not trying to win the game, then play them at the start of the game. Give them the significant minutes needed so you can see their performances over an extended period of time. Peru did that last night why don't the TnT coaches do the same thing? It should have been done at the start of the Peru game.

Then again, whoever said two heads are better than one, never really met Shabazz and Charles.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:53:02 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 27, 2013, 06:56:15 AM »
Level of play so low in the pro league fellas cah handle the pace.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 27, 2013, 07:59:18 AM »

LOL Lima on the coast

Huallamarco is in San Isidro in Lima.

You was thinking about Cusco which is 3400 m above sea level and well inland. That is where you go if you on the way to Machu Picchu

You not easy at all nah ,always surprise me.Like a stewie for truth lol.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 27, 2013, 09:03:37 AM »
The speed of play was obvious & the majority could not handle it. Once you play consistently at a level that demands such speed, then your standard rises and adapts as well. Look at Venezuela, their league is better now and their National team has been developed and invested in. The competition in SA has made demands upon them and they are slowly responding.
For this to happen with TT you need players playing consistently at a higher level that demands such speed of play and the National team to play on almost every FIFA date against opposition like Peru. From a developmental standpoint, the pro league has to raise standards across the board. Najjar, Wim, Beenie, almost every National coach said it. Only the pro league circle seems to live in denial.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 27, 2013, 09:05:26 AM »
From a developmental standpoint, the pro league has to raise standards across the board. Najjar, Wim, Beenie, almost every National coach said it. Only the pro league circle seems to live in denial.

Ent! I remember how they cuss out Wim for saying that.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 27, 2013, 09:11:02 AM »
As I have said, losing, or even winning, is not the point. This is meant to raise the standard of our overall play. Yes, the guys could not cope with pace and movement of the Peruvian team on the first two goals, and were caught unawares on the third due naivete.

My only concern is that our technical staff made the proper notes outlining what went right, what went wrong, and strategies meant to address our deficiencies.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2013, 10:14:28 AM »
Level of play so low in the pro league fellas cah handle the pace.

Yep.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 27, 2013, 10:54:19 AM »
We not ready ..not ready ...not ready !!
...been awhile since I have seen a T&T team play ...Geezanages ! It was like looking at ducks walk. No one seemed comfortable with the ball at their feet ! If you cant even master that simple task then you are not ready .
I really cant see how peeps could say that just add 5 players to this team and we good ! I could not believe Chris Birchall and others still cant pass the ball to one of their players ...even under no pressure!
I dont even think Guardiola can help us to plan a strategy if players cant even handle the basics.

we have to give up on this bunch of recycled players who are stuck in the past of booming to Glen and or jones with three defenders like shirts on their backs !
how many times have we recycled these players ? drop glen...bring back  Glen ...drop jones ..bring back jones ....bring Birchall ..drop Birchall .... bring back theobald ..drop theobald ...when will it end ?

What we need is a development plan with proven developmental coaches, to bring on our young promising players to the level needed to play international football ... in other words we will be ready only when
 " de atmosphere have vibes and yuh juss kyah break it up  !" 
how many times do we see bad passes at the international level ? ...I am not talking about passes which are intercepted , I am talking about a player receving a pass from an opponent as part of the game .

No sar ! it will be awhile before dey could ketch me again ....not with dese same recycled players ..
We not only not ready but we not ready to be ready !

1]; } ?>