21 (70%)
No
2 (6.7%)
Don't Care
1 (3.3%)
Fire Hutson Charles too.
6 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Fire Jamaal Shabazz Thread.  (Read 8905 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Jamaal Shabazz Thread.
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2013, 04:14:06 PM »

In an hour-long emotional speech that ended in tears, celebrated national football coach Jamaal Shabazz formally resigned from his post, citing commitments to his home country, conflicts within the GFF and government’s lack of vision for the sport in development plans.

Shabazz is widely regarded as Guyana’s most successful football coach with wins in four World Cup qualifying matches. The Trinidadian intimated that an appeal by Trinidad and Tobago’s Football Federation (TTFF) for him to assume a more permanent post was also a major deciding factor in his decision.

In his speech at the Radisson Hotel, Shabazz said, “I called you here today to first say goodbye to a country that has accepted me on two occasions in my football career and a country that I have grown to love.

Saddest man!! Ah almost jump out meh chair wid dis yes :(
What's the point of all this, allyuh could hate how much allyuh want the man eh goin no where in ah hurry!! so the best thing to do for the sake of the team is lend we support!

socaloin i beg to differ, i believe if shabbaz did not come on board just so, and thankfull he did bc had he not then we would not have made it to the gold cup, reason why? charles said himself that he needed the help.

i believe hutson charles is not ah selfish egotistical brat like latapy who was too proud to say that he was over his head. i believe charles asked for the help if you ask me, and it came in the form of shabbaz.

yes i hated shabbaz for the long time, but now i have to let go of that hate and support the team, and he is , like it or not, a big part of the team!  doh worry, allyuh would get over the hate when allyuh start winning, bc winning means everything to allyuh. all will be forgiven in time, just watch.   ;D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 05:47:38 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2013, 04:21:43 PM »
This man cry he way straight into de TTFF hands.

Ah cah wait to see de old Cup.

We go win it, ah hope Shabazz download de latest SKYPE now and he eh wait for them to start charging for it.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2013, 05:23:19 PM »
Just cool with all due respect we are fortunate to be afforded the freedom of having differing point of views , i do respect urs bro , i have never mentioned hate on towards anyone in any of my previous post nor am i intending to do so ..... if u read what i mentioned though with abit tease,... is that i do not believe mr jamal shabazz is  the man to assist mr hudson charles at this jointure of our mens national team  programme moving forward ...  so i will state clearly again without hate, but  i do  hold steadfast  to my point of view as i am sure you have to urs respectfully so, that he is not the man to assist hudson charles ...!!!! again i do not spew hate on towards any .... we all want the best for our national teams.... be it the men , women and the various youth teams ... all respect to our differing opinions just cool

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2013, 09:49:40 PM »
Allyuh want Shabazz gone now ..when allyuh shoulda block him in de first place..if Shabazz was in Charles position and was doing so good with the team would they have appointed Charles as co head coach so that the team could win more?
It doesn't matter who is coaching ..as long as the team is winning don't upset that bond by bringing in an outsider..the result will be confusion..CONFUSION..

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Time To Get Rid of De Big Belly Man
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2013, 01:58:04 PM »
Shabba must go!
must go!
must go!
must go!
Bring in Maxi Priest instead..

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 11:06:23 AM »
Shabazz belly so big he kah kiss and f00ck at de same time.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2013, 03:32:07 PM »
All great ideas for T&T football start right here....... :devil:
I will love to suggest that Timkee hire socawarriors forum as his official brain trust... :yellowcard:
You will always read about it and have it discussed right here before the football administration make any moves

BIG UP

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2015, 09:53:49 AM »
Shabazz appointed Guyana head coach for Barbados friendly.
ttproleague.com.

Caledonia AIA technical director/head coach Jamaal Shabazz has made a return to the Guyana National Men’s Senior Team to serve as head coach for an upcoming friendly against Barbados on February 1.

At a Monday press conference, Clinton Urling, Chairman of the Guyana Football Federation (GFF) Normalization Committee (NC), was joined by new technical director Claude Bolton, in announcing Shabazz’s return for the Barbados friendly.

Urling said the move to bring back Shabazz, Guyana’s most successful coach, was necessary given the short timeframe the GFF Normalisation Committee had to act after receiving the invitation from the Barbados Football Association (BFA).

Shabazz, who had three stints as coach of the “Golden Jaguars” prior to Monday’s appointment, last coached the South American nation in 2012 following a successful stint that saw him take Guyana to the semifinal round of CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying for Brazil 2014.

The 51-year-old Shabazz, an experienced exponent in the coaching arena, expressed his delight with the appointment and promised to work closely with Bolton in charting a solid foundation for the game.

He alluded to the fact that Guyana’s positive achievements in the past were as a result of collective work by his staff and not by any one individual.

“I appeal to all the factions in Guyana’s football that this is about players and the game has got to move on without the fighting and the animosity and the warring,” said a philosophical Shabazz, noting that the sport in Guyana is in the midst of a challenging period.

“FIFA has come in and made a decision and they have brought a leader to settle and place Guyana’s football in the rightful place.”

In response, Urling reminded those assembled that NC’s mantra is one of a united Guyana Football Federation.

“That’s the only way the sport can grow and move forward and we talk about not just the employees but everybody in this room including you the media,” he stressed. “Hopefully, we can lay a firm foundation as we move forward.”

The other members of the technical staff are Wayne Dover (assistant coach), Andrew Hazel (goalkeeper coach), Anson Ambrose (trainer), Trevor Burnette (equipment manager), Faizal Khan (manager of administration/commercial), Mark Xavier (manager of operations) and Debita Harripersaud (physio).

Shabazz also revealed that former captain and midfielder Chris Nurse, who plays with Fort Lauderdale Strikers, is available for selection against Barbados, while Canadian-based duo of defender Jamaal Smith and forward Emery Welshman have also earned invitations.

Additionally, 26 home-based footballers selected in a provisional squad are: O'Neil Carter, Oswald Cornett, Omallo Williams, Travis Henry, Solomon Austin, Kris Camacho, Quincy Madramootoo, Trevon Lythcott, Dwain Jacobs, Amos Ramsey, Daniel Wilson, Keron Solomon, Sheldon Holder, Clive Nobrega, Colin Nelson, Dwight Peters, Tishard Joseph, Dwayne Lawrence, Domini Garnett, Travis Hillman, Rawle Gittens, Denver Dennis, Calvin Sheppard, Joshua Brown, Eusi Phillips and Vurlon Mills.

Training camp is set to commence on January 22 before the squad is trimmed to 18 a few days prior to jetting off to Barbados.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:32:11 AM by Flex »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2015, 11:59:58 AM »
Good to see Trini coaches eatin' a food from international wuk. Good for our Proleague reputation. Think about it, yuh ever see regional countries asking for a jakan, bajan, Cuban, Haitian  or martiniquan coach?
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2015, 12:26:42 PM »
I hope he get a permanent position and this crop/coach get to play against his team and buss about 20 goals in he @$$. Let him calm down with that dotish attitude!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2015, 12:57:21 PM »
Stallion, I kinda understand yuh anger ... in a way ....
But ask older folks like Deeks, yuh have to see life from a glass half full rather than half empty all the time.
People like Shabazz and everyone else have flaws but they can still make a contribution in little ways. He was instrumental in holding AIA together, which in turn helped build the Pro League and many players got SOMETHING from him when there wasn't much else available for whatever reason (political, financial etc.)
Even pure evil like Jackula could have been a blessing in disg ... Nah nah ah take that back.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 12:59:31 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2015, 01:51:32 PM »
Stallion, I kinda understand yuh anger ... in a way ....
But ask older folks like Deeks, yuh have to sis a e life from a glass half full rather than half empty all the time.
People like Shabazz and everyone else have flaws but they can still make a contribution in little ways. He was instrumental in holding AIA together, which in turn helped build the Pro League and many players got SOMETHING from him when there wasn't much else available for whatever reason (political, financial etc.)
Even pure evil like Jackula could have been a blessing in disg ... Nah nah ah take that back.

My anger towards he is coup aside...I'm 28...I was 4 when it occurred. ..my feelings toward this fella is from a totally football perspective. I appreciate your point...but  AIA is a business. ..that would be there with or without that traitor...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2015, 05:13:33 AM »
Guyana drew 2-2 with Barbados. Only skimmed the report, but I think there were up 2-0 at one point before Bim equalized.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Fire Jamal Shabazz Thread
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2017, 07:43:43 PM »
Just following asylumseeker lead
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 06:33:18 AM by Flex »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Jamal Shabazz thread
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2017, 07:49:23 PM »
Failures under Shabazz stewardship is no surprise. His whole career has been a failure.

Ah keep telling allyuh the old heads in T&T do not know shit about todays International game and they refuse to humble themselves and stop thinking they could wave a magic wand and become the best TD's and coaches in the world. Stephen Hart is the best Trini born coach because of how he developed outside of T&T!
Shabazz, DJW and others in the local T&T circle always saw Hart as an outsider. Now the national team and the country has to suffer for their envious ways.

As for the new coach, he just here to collect he money and then ride out when time comes
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:53:53 PM by Sando prince »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2017, 11:23:21 PM »
Just following asylumseeker lead

Mercy, mercy Palos, yuh gone clear! This is unprecedented. I doh think there has EVER been a thread demanding the termination of an ASSISTANT COACH.

I am reminded of now famous words in the annals of Trinidad and Tobago political history:

Under the Westminster form of governance, there are parameters within which I must operate. Powers you think I have, I do not. Power you think I do not have, I do.”

Since we all know Shabazz is a constitutional law scholar, that quote and the following Shakespearean rendition below are probably sure to see him getting a good night's sleep ... because ...

"Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown."

Ah gone ... ah have things to do in Bangladesh on the Fire Tom thread.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2017, 05:15:14 AM »
Fire is an understatement. Exile is the word I'm looking for.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Fire Jamal Shabazz Thread
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2017, 07:44:31 AM »

I myself want to know why it only has Fire "Insert Coach's Name" threads.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2017, 08:30:43 AM »

I myself want to know why it only has Fire "Insert Coach's Name" threads.

and no Hire "Insert Coach's Name" threads either ....

too many backseat drivers in de football oui
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 08:32:21 AM by ribbit »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2017, 08:54:09 AM »
I wonder if these fellas have a backup plan. It seems as if everything they orchestrated has now gone awry.  1.get rid of Hart then 2. bring in a mooksy coach and have him guided by the Terrorist then 3. arrange some seemingly easy games re: Nicaragua then have an easy path to Gold cup qualification but vaps it backfire. Their outdated way of thinking and coaching saw to this. I'm sure their hubris would know no bounds and they would only see this as a hiccup. Their lack of professionalism in every aspect of football is directly related to the quality of players they help produce. They are producing average to good players and average to good can only barely go as far as the MLS and in their minds they see average to good as best and not mediocre.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2017, 11:21:53 AM »
Mercy, mercy Palos, yuh gone clear! This is unprecedented. I doh think there has EVER been a thread demanding the termination of an ASSISTANT COACH.

Aaahhhh...but this is where you are mistaken my friend

I following your lead in starting an early thread about firing the head coach.....

Think bout it  ;)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2017, 11:43:38 AM »
Shame on you Palos, this thread should have been started the minute the big belly appeared on the scene ...

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2017, 08:51:41 AM »
Looks like he have more lives than Billy Martin.....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2017, 11:04:37 AM »
Shabazz start a thread saying now that we need to fire SANTHIEF lol

1]; } ?>