April 28, 2024, 01:28:18 AM

Author Topic: T&T U-17s to face USA in two warm up games  (Read 7751 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T U-17s to face USA in two warm up games
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2013, 06:17:02 AM »
Agreed with the comments that these warm ups should of taken place a long time ago. While our boys were sweating in T&T, the US 17's were regularly traveling and playing against top opposition in Europe, Middle East and Central America since last year. And to add further insult to injury, one of the top US players was denied to play for T&T....reasons I wont discuss on this forum!!

In any case I hope the T&T team does well given the circumstance and preparations.  :beermug:

Really ..... at what level under 17? or senior .....

here are pics from the game 2-2 drawn
http://www.flickr.com/photos/imgacademies/sets/72157633114048163/

who are these players btw

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 06:19:59 AM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2013, 11:02:10 AM »
Agreed with the comments that these warm ups should of taken place a long time ago. While our boys were sweating in T&T, the US 17's were regularly traveling and playing against top opposition in Europe, Middle East and Central America since last year. And to add further insult to injury, one of the top US players was denied to play for T&T....reasons I wont discuss on this forum!!

In any case I hope the T&T team does well given the circumstance and preparations.  :beermug:

U17. He went home to try out and was told he  wasn't ready. Some weeks later he was on the US U17 team and is currently a key member of their setup. Go figure.  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: T&T U-17s to face USA in two warm up games
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2013, 11:07:16 AM »

U17. He went home to try out and was told he  wasn't ready. Some weeks later he was on the US U17 team and is currently a key member of their setup. Go figure.  :beermug:

Amazing
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2013, 07:28:48 PM »
Look at the difference in muscularity of the US team and the Soca Warriors?  We need to put a lot of effort on physical (weights) and endurance training.  That has been a major difference for our home based players from U-17 to Seniors..
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2013, 09:05:17 PM »

How long ado was that bredda, and who make that assessment? Now doubting you at all, I kinda expect this sorta thing from we football.

Then again who knows maybe he really wasn't ready and improved considerably enough to earn a US call-up :)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 05:37:53 AM »
U-17s hold USA in second warm up.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 17 footballers held the United States’ Under 17s to a 2-2 draw in their final warm up at the IMG Academy in Tampa last week ahead of the CONCACAF Final Round of qualification for the FIFA Under 17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates later this year.

T&T faces Canada in its opening game in Panama City on Saturday and will leave these shores on Thursday following a final training session a day before at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

Through the support of the Ministry of Sports, the T&T team was able to travel to Tampa for two games against the US following a request for the games from the US Soccer Federation last month.

The US won the opening match 4-0 before T&T came into their own in the second encounter, forcing the Americans, with a few changes to its starting team, having to grab an equalizer three minutes into added on time. Akeem Garcia notched a double for T&T, scoring on either side of the half.

Read More

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2013, 09:51:53 PM »

How long ado was that bredda, and who make that assessment? Now doubting you at all, I kinda expect this sorta thing from we football.

Then again who knows maybe he really wasn't ready and improved considerably enough to earn a US call-up :)

Fyzo the youth got called up to the US team merely months after T&T blank him. They been looking at him for some time now but they knew his first preference was T&T. When they heard he got blanked they went in search for him. Now he is a mainstay on their team!

Who make the assessment? Thats a great question you asking. That right there is one of the problems with T&T football. Same idiots making the same idiot decisions time and time again. :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2013, 10:03:54 PM »

Fyzo the youth got called up to the US team merely months after T&T blank him. They been looking at him for some time now but they knew his first preference was T&T. When they heard he got blanked they went in search for him. Now he is a mainstay on their team!

Who make the assessment? Thats a great question you asking. That right there is one of the problems with T&T football. Same idiots making the same idiot decisions time and time again. :beermug:

Men want to see long time football.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »

Thanks Fordy...not that the US is Brazil or Mexico or some big football country eh, but for him to make the US squad he had to be playing at a high level. For nobody here to see him for what he was, it beggars belief, unless of course everybody on we team rel ripping???

Having said that, I used to this kinda jokiness, but it really sad...but like they say, 'no bad breeze doh blow', he probably better off with the US than with we.

On a lighter note, I wonder how coaches et al feel when they see him playing for the US against us.

By the way what's his name/

truetrini

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2013, 11:25:47 PM »
Look at the difference in muscularity of the US team and the Soca Warriors?  We need to put a lot of effort on physical (weights) and endurance training.  That has been a major difference for our home based players from U-17 to Seniors..

I not seeing what you alleging at all.  Our players look quite muscular for being under 17.   Yuh feel is shot out or wha?  ;)

As an aside, the US probably has another 10,000 under 17 players to choose from...we?

allyuh get real
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:29:11 PM by GTFOOHWDBSA »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2013, 04:46:34 AM »
Who allyuh talking bout ?

Anton and them is real tears we.

We is we own enemy.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2013, 06:36:35 AM »
Ahhhh so the has the final squad been named yet .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2013, 08:33:38 AM »

There would be nothing wrong in stating who made the assessment. If an evaluator can express a reason for inclusion of a player, he should also be positioned to articulate a reason for exclusion.

Coaching evaluation charts typically state objective criteria upon which decisions are based. An evaluator should defend that ... Local media ask questions. (We noticed that Player X is on the US team after having declared himself available for T&T. Coach could you address the circumstances surrounding his non-participation with the squad?).

Doh worry about no victimization. One of the reasons victimization occurs is that too much happens in closed, sealed environments.

Now, thing is ... Coachman could come and express a reasonable explanation that doesn't dismiss the player's ability as a baller. However, given the difficulty of penetrating a US JNT, real questions ought to be asked because it could point a way forward for future selections.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2013, 12:29:53 PM »
He can still play for Trinidad and Tobago U17  as he has yet to play an official game for the US under 17 but

Fordy i remember he was called to the residency program
THURSDAY, 08 SEPTEMBER 2011 08:57    T&T NEWSDAY

http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-youth-team/youth-team-news/mens-u17/9391-football-alert-watch-for-shaquell-moore.html

Football alert — watch for Shaquell Moore
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:33:13 PM by Trini _2018 »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »
Allyuh not me nah!!

I now remember watching him play in ah Nike cup thing (I think sometime last year.)

Bottom line is this fellah went from going all over de place as ah youth, Norway, Arsenal, Man City, Blackburn for training....come here and get BLANK (!!)) then walk on to the US U-17 squad and became CAPTAIN (!!!!!!!!)...are you effing kidding me.

Check de first play on de video and listen the commentator (granted he is an american) for them first few seconds.

Anyway me eh worried, we winning dis tournament, if HE cah make we squad, we ha to be rell ripping!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHOV-wLoYYY

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2013, 02:32:02 PM »
So Fordy why the TD didn't like the youth, tell we nah???

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2013, 02:39:02 PM »

Who is the TD? Who he brace before? What do they have in common?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline ragga

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2013, 02:54:40 PM »
if meh memory right, he fadda did geh diss too back in he day and in he prime.
he went way with one ah we national team (pan am games ??) and they send him back saying he was injured - which was a lie.
ah wonder if these 2 incidents related?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2013, 03:28:02 PM »

Who is the TD? Who he brace before? What do they have in common?
Under bacahnal ting...ah was watching ah man in ah circle wid de current team (in another thread) and ah remember years ago somebody say he was giving some foreign-based youth ah hard time in some tryouts:) I just chooking fire yes, maybe it was de actual coach who wasn't impressed?

Look any youth have the poise and chutzpah to sex ah French Nashy on he halfway line, had to have displayed something for men see and say, "wait nah dis fellah lil good??"

@Ragga I imagine dis was before we current TD time?

Offline ragga

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2013, 03:40:31 PM »
- that was back in the mid to late 80's.
- will check meh breddren who have links with the family for more info.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2013, 03:49:04 PM »
Been hearing about this kid since he was 8 years old, I believe he grew up in Atlanta - he was referred to as a little phenomenon ever since. There is no way he would not have impressed on a run out here in Trini. That said, cant really see his old man turning down the US in favor of Trini...always remember Bertile talking about his old man, rated him as one of the best to come out of Tobago - Wendell Moore.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2013, 07:18:21 PM »
Been hearing about this kid since he was 8 years old, I believe he grew up in Atlanta - he was referred to as a little phenomenon ever since. There is no way he would not have impressed on a run out here in Trini. That said, cant really see his old man turning down the US in favor of Trini...always remember Bertile talking about his old man, rated him as one of the best to come out of Tobago - Wendell Moore.

Exactly!!!

After we get eliminated somebody need to stick ah mic in Shaun (or somebody else) face and ask dem, "how come Shaquell Moore wasn't good enough to represent TnT but good enough to represent the US?"

I know it have ah lot more important things to worry about with we football eh, but something about this little issue really pisses me off and shows just how jokey our football remains.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 01:44:23 PM by Fyzoman »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2013, 09:39:58 AM »
i highly doubt cooper or leonson lewis would be so stupid as to turn away a player of that caliber based solely on ability. maybe there is more to the story.

cooper is the only national coach in years who had the balls to diss the program. everybody else took it quiet like a church mouse.

“I think this team has matured well over the past few weeks. We didn’t make it past the quarter-final round in 2011 when Canada knocked us out but I think this time we are better ready for the challenge ahead of us. The boys are very eager and while the preparations we eventually got in recent weeks should have been on the program maybe a year or two before, we think we’ve done everything possible at this stage to get the team ready,” Cooper added.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>