April 18, 2024, 09:57:18 AM

Author Topic: Hope Solo signs for Sharks - Loophole allows her to play in Pro League  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Hope Solo, the 31 year old female U.S.A. international goalkeeper will make an appearance tomorrow in the TT Pro League clash between Central F.C. and St Anns Rangers.

The renowned keeper had been recruited by Central F.C. Managing Director to help develop a womans football programme for The Sharks.

"We were joking that Hope may threaten Marvin Phillip for the number 1 jersey" said Operations Director, Kevin Harrison. "Out of interest, I checked the Pro League rules and, amazingly, they do not specify that teams cannot have female players! Not really expecting it to happen, we registered Hope with the club as a player, and it was accepted!"

Harrison said there was a flurry of activity when the situation came to light, including calls from FIFA and CONCACAF, but there were no grounds to disallow Solos registration. "We then had a serious meeting to discuss whether Hope should actually play. She was fantastic in training, and T&T first choice keeper, Phillip, said that he thought this would be a great statement for womens football and didn't mind stepping down for one game."

Sharks coach, Terry Fenwick said "I suppose this is a publicity stunt of sorts, but if Hope wasn't a superb keeper, it wouldn't happen. She's fantastic in training and although I would never select her over Marvin, when he offered to step down, I thought: why not?"

Harrison said that Solo would only play one Pro League game and then her number sixty nine jersey would be retired for ever. "Hope and Central F.C. will make history tomorrow. We have had loads of sponsorship inquiries from the States. Although it is really a publicity stunt, this game will fund our womans programme for the next two seasons. We've signed a deal with a feminine hygiene company for US$100,000 and a major cosmetic company want to sponsor a Central F.C. team in the Wolf league."

Central F.C. also signed another well known female footballer, April Furst on a one day contract.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
And a Happy All Fools Day to you too FS  ;D

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
And a Happy All Fools Day to you too FS  ;D

Dude, you could have at least let the story run for a hour before busting it lol

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bastards!  ;D

her number sixty nine jersey

:rotfl:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:28:11 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
An I like a damn fool wonderin who the hell is April Furst.  Yuh not nice at all.   :rotfl:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good one FS :beermug: Luckily I read the comments before the article lol

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
This sound like a joke, but if this really happen it would generate more fans for sure.

Count me in.

Good idea, Solo would do good in the league and de only way a female could play on a men's team is in goal.

You guys should contract her, this will make big news.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Martha could probably start on any pro league team ...legitimately.

She might even make trinindad national team.

Them girls might not be as ruff as the boys but they just as fit if not fitter and can handle the game.

The top women players in the world are very good.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Martha could probably start on any pro league team ...legitimately.

She might even make trinindad national team.

Them girls might not be as ruff as the boys but they just as fit if not fitter and can handle the game.

The top women players in the world are very good.

For real, them Japanese does trap ball better than some local men.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>