April 26, 2024, 02:21:32 AM

Author Topic: Who is Currently our MOST consistent striker?  (Read 4386 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Who is Currently our MOST consistent striker?
« on: April 01, 2013, 07:19:47 PM »
In the tournaments leading up to the GC qualification and of late in their respective league play?

Is Wills Plaza worth a  call up for the next friendlies?

Is Darryl Robers worth a call

Is Andre Bocau worth a call? *( midfield)

Scott Sealy? Jason Scotland? ( recycles but are they hungrier now to prove they are  worthy of national duty? )
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 07:22:32 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Currently our MOST consistent striker?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 07:47:29 PM »
In the tournaments leading up to the GC qualification and of late in their respective league play?

Is Wills Plaza worth a  call up for the next friendlies?

Is Darryl Robers worth a call

Is Andre Bocau worth a call? *( midfield)

Scott Sealy? Jason Scotland? ( recycles but are they hungrier now to prove they are  worthy of national duty? )

Cornell Glen at club level.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 08:14:46 PM »
None!!!!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 08:37:48 PM »
OWTU

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 09:01:32 PM »
Darryl Roberts has only two goals this season I think and is in and out of the team in the Turkish second tier.  I am a fan of his but I don't think that is enough.  If you take level of competition in to account probably Scotty.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 09:04:43 PM »
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 10:17:29 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 09:20:38 PM »
Scotland, but we doh like he either.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 09:34:22 PM »
OWTU.. :rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 09:37:48 PM »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 04:31:16 AM »
Dont waste your time with Scott Sealy and Jason Scotland, they are a waste.

Plaza and Hector are better options. Put Hector up front, he will score more goals, we have no good forwards at the moment at international level.

Maybe its time to call up Zamora, I am serious why not ?

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 07:24:16 AM »
Fuh the MNT or in club football?

I presume it is the latter. But then we have tuh talk bout standard of league they in. At the moment the one thing all the foreign based have in common is they all consistent with their inconsistency.

From the current local based is clear Glen is the most consistent fuh club and can do the business at international level.

If we move away from the current Jones + 1 thinking. I'd give any of the fringe strikers like Jagdeosingh, Plaza, Roberts etc ah chance in these nex two Friendlies as in the current state, experimenting tuh the last minute is unlikely to make our chances of success any worse.

Regarding Scotland; unless we doin ah shorterm ting (i.e. GC tournament an no further) I tink Scotland has had his time, as he too old tuh be ah longterm option.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 07:52:06 AM »
Darryl Roberts has only two goals this season I think and is in and out of the team in the Turkish second tier.  I am a fan of his but I don't think that is enough.  If you take level of competition in to account probably Scotty.
Worm with all due respect, darryl roberts has been used as a winger for the past season @ samsunspor and the senior team, and last i checked a winger's main function was to provide service from the flanks and get the forwards into scoring position, not to out score forwards.

i'll tell you this about darryl, when he plays up front for T&T he either scores or assists in scoring. ultimately DR is not a winger, i saw him play there up close and he looks extremely poor and out of position when he plays in the flanks, the boy is ah striker, and the last clip you post he was being used as a striker and he produced, so why of all ppl you mentioned him??

FYI jason scotland when he played for T&T had about 14 starts and came off the bench quite ah few times converted none, DR when he plays in the striking position has a higher conversion rate, so why would you chose an immobile slow striker over a speedy more mobile striker, i'm puzzled.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:26:18 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 08:20:47 AM »
Plaze will not be @ the gold cup, neither hector, the terms of their contract was that they will not be able for international duty in july.

as for picking strikers for the gold cup, i will say who i don't want to see, devon jorslin, jamal gay and i'm tempted to say cornel glen, IMO andre toussant and kerry baptiste is better strikers than all the above.

i was excited to have glenn back on the team, but watching glenn play against peru he gave me the impression that he's @ best a super sub. glenn has not showed the same intensity in his last few starts as he did a few yrs ago scoring against cuba and el salvador.

IMO the forwards that we should go with should be K.Jones, D.Roberts, K.jagdeosingh, C.glenn and lester peltier. if we taking any other strikers like (jorslin, gay, roy,, especially jorslin) we fackin stinkin drunk @ the wheel, but that's just me, and who ever listens to me?  :'(
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 09:19:36 AM »
Plaze will not be @ the gold cup, neither hector, the terms of their contract was that they will not be able for international duty in july.

as for picking strikers for the gold cup, i will say who i don't want to see, devon jorslin, jamal gay and i'm tempted to say cornel glen, IMO andre toussant and kerry baptiste is better strikers than all the above.

i was excited to have glenn back on the team, but watching glenn play against peru he gave me the impression that he's @ best a super sub. glenn has not showed the same intensity in his last few starts as he did a few yrs ago scoring against cuba and el salvador.

IMO the forwards that we should go with should be K.Jones, D.Roberts, K.jagdeosingh, C.glenn and lester peltier. if we taking any other strikers like (jorslin, gay, roy,, especially jorslin) we fackin stinkin drunk @ the wheel, but that's just me, and who ever listens to me?  :'(

How many mids and defenders yuh planning to take?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 06:46:52 PM »
Breds 24 players are allowed in a tournament setting, and there are only four positions, you do the math. and oh yeh, BTW i was talking about call ups not final cut, and yeh jorslin and gay should never be called up for the gold cup.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 08:50:35 PM »
Devon Jorsling

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 10:34:32 PM »
give young Shakiel Henry a shot...a friendly or two..
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 11:27:40 PM »
give young Shakiel Henry a shot...a friendly or two..

True dat.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 02:02:45 AM »
we barely have a team far less consistent strikers. out of this group only glen and peltier have the chops to make an impact at the gold cup.

much was expected from players like nkosi blackman, jerol forbes, abiola sandy, then later mathew bartholemew, aaron downing, steven knox, daniel joseph, and jamal gay. but still no striker of worth  took over the reigns from stern.

the good news is there are strong youth strikers like akeem garcia and young rougier coming up. if things play out right in about 3-4 years we should have quality forwards, and a midfield capable of providing service to them. but for now this is the post-stern john era and we hadda suck salt
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 07:46:09 AM »
Regarding Shackiel Henry ... in essence that's what Peru did by fielding Yordy Reyna against us ... and we know how that turned out. Well!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 06:36:24 PM »
Willis Plaza is definitely worth a call up. Absolutely :beermug:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 06:05:02 AM »
Devon Jorsling

He has been the leading goalscorer in the Pro League for the last two years, and it looks like this year will be his third in a row.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>