March 28, 2024, 06:25:50 AM

Author Topic: RIP Daft Trini  (Read 49116 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Daft Trini
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2013, 06:54:22 AM »
... I have mixed feelings about her waiving her Miranda rights. But ... It is what it allegedly is. Jah guide.

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2013, 06:58:12 AM »
Condolences to Chris' family and friends.
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2013, 07:02:07 AM »
Forgive me for being presumptuous knowing this is very sad time on the forum, but it sound to me that this braod might have been stepping out on dude, and when he found out it look like he send for she tuh tell she he know what de fack she's been up too and might have pulled out his ting tuh scare she maybe tellin she tuh stop and the biatch got pissed that she was busted and pelt corn behind dude, and then went on about she was being abused.

i came to this conclusion bc she shot dude in his head back, that means he was going away from her. she wasn't no fearful for no damn life! she got caught in fackry and hated the fact that homie wont let her ride out tuh play she self so she retaliated.

no woman doh love ah man and buss corn on him while he was walking away from her, it's either shes ah black widow (pure killer) or she mad no arse! the only time ah woman does become so resentful is when she have another dude lined up, and she doh want no one get in the way of that.

i sure she must have told him "if i had ah gun right now i would shoot you", and he probably called her bluff and went for his ting loaded it and put it on the table and said "now yuh have a gun, shoot meh nah". 

why else would you pull out ah gun on ah bitch yuh does normally man handle, guns are for formidable opponents.     JMT.

Best yuh din say nutten.
Eh wehs your scene boy??!!

wehs the infatuation wid me all of ah sudden fella, how every time i post you come riding on meh dick like i eat yuh white fowl??

if is war yuh want wid me then declare it punk!! lets get it on if is war yuh want then lets gooooo bring it biatch!! or stop fackin riding me like ah mdfkn crack whore!  you've been warned !!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2013, 07:03:19 AM »
... I have mixed feelings about her waiving her Miranda rights. But ... It is what it allegedly is. Jah guide.

Ditto......unless when it's some of these useless-ass criminals that just out here f**kin' up society that are 100% guilty and op'm dey mout' and confess.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2013, 07:05:38 AM »
Damn....
This one sad boy.  This remind me of my cuz last year.
He was an ex Navy man too and get shot by his wife last year too...court case still going on.  SOmething wasn't right there

Something not right here neither....

RIP Daft and condolences to your family and friends
whey boy!

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2013, 07:23:18 AM »
RIP soldier.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2013, 07:42:20 AM »
RIP Draft not a good way to start the day.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2013, 08:46:26 AM »
Stueps I angry boy. I could lash she down.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2013, 08:55:51 AM »
RIP Daft Trini.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2013, 08:56:54 AM »
Forgive me for being presumptuous knowing this is very sad time on the forum, but it sound to me that this braod might have been stepping out on dude, and when he found out it look like he send for she tuh tell she he know what de fack she's been up too and might have pulled out his ting tuh scare she maybe tellin she tuh stop and the biatch got pissed that she was busted and pelt corn behind dude, and then went on about she was being abused.

i came to this conclusion bc she shot dude in his head back, that means he was going away from her. she wasn't no fearful for no damn life! she got caught in fackry and hated the fact that homie wont let her ride out tuh play she self so she retaliated.

no woman doh love ah man and buss corn on him while he was walking away from her, it's either shes ah black widow (pure killer) or she mad no arse! the only time ah woman does become so resentful is when she have another dude lined up, and she doh want no one get in the way of that.

i sure she must have told him "if i had ah gun right now i would shoot you", and he probably called her bluff and went for his ting loaded it and put it on the table and said "now yuh have a gun, shoot meh nah". 

why else would you pull out ah gun on ah bitch yuh does normally man handle, guns are for formidable opponents.     JMT.

Best yuh din say nutten.

wehs the infatuation wid me all of ah sudden fella, how every time i post you come riding on meh dick like i eat yuh white fowl??

if is war yuh want wid me then declare it punk!! lets get it on if is war yuh want then lets gooooo bring it biatch!! or stop fackin riding me like ah mdfkn crack whore!  you've been warned !!!

Iron sharpeneth iron. Somebody had tuh tell yuh.

What you wrote was inappropriate. Based on the facts presented, many of us have opinions and could engage in presumption and speculation, but frankly that would only inflame the thread, and what you wrote opened the door for just that. Let's not dishonor the man's passing by descending into baseless nonsense.

In other words, ah not riding for yuh. I just stated what others were thinking.

The other thing I want to say ... and this thread seems as appropriate as any ... is the following:

The forum has been riled up this week with a back and forth on race. While I think there's a space on this forum for discussion on race, I also think such discussion has to be constructive rather than destructive - even where asserted "truths" are "uncomfortable".

Daft was a man, a soldier, a husband, a football fan, an outdoorsman who fished and hunted, a law student, a political activist ... many, many things ... including being Indo-Trini. At the end of the day, I gleaned all those things about him without meeting him in person. The only one of those things that is a revelation to me subsequent to his death is his ethnicity ... and it matters not one ras to me. (If he posted under a different name before, I might even have known it before ... thinking of a poster who lived in the DC area). My point is ... now would be a good time to take stock of what the rules of engagement involving matters of race and ethnicity on the board are ... De bredda's passing is a collective loss, and just like his ethnicity is the last thing I learned about him ... It is the last thing we should remember given this week's exchanges.

I ponged Daft's political perspective openly and without regret. It needed ponging. But I did so respectfully. I can take that to my grave.

Like me, Daft was a sinologist. RIP soldier! It also caught my attention when he mentioned being in law school in the midst of all his "adventures". I will recall the photo of him fishing with his back to the camera (maybe taken by his wife) as emblematic of a man doing what he loved.

So ... JC, you iz ah man I would be open to siddung with and drink a cold one and reason. No doubt ... buh if yuh look in de mirror, yuh would see yuh was outta timing ... And in yuh heart yuh know it because of the words you used to start yuh comments.

Guidance.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2013, 09:01:44 AM »
Madness! To lose one of our brethren is hard enough, but to lose him so young and in such a manner is heart wrenching. God speed Daft.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2013, 10:15:20 AM »

Best yuh din say nutten.

What you wrote was inappropriate. Based on the facts presented, many of us have opinions and could engage in presumption and speculation, but frankly that would only inflame the thread, and what you wrote opened the door for just that. Let's not dishonor the man's passing by descending into baseless nonsense.

The other thing I want to say ... and this thread seems as appropriate as any ... is the following:

The forum has been riled up this week with a back and forth on race. While I think there's a space on this forum for discussion on race, I also think such discussion has to be constructive rather than destructive - even where asserted "truths" are "uncomfortable".

Daft was a man, a soldier, a husband, a football fan, an outdoorsman who fished and hunted, a law student, a political activist ... many, many things ... including being Indo-Trini. At the end of the day, I gleaned all those things about him without meeting him in person. The only one of those things that is a revelation to me subsequent to his death is his ethnicity ... and it matters not one ras to me. (If he posted under a different name before, I might even have known it before ... thinking of a poster who lived in the DC area). My point is ... now would be a good time to take stock of what the rules of engagement involving matters of race and ethnicity on the board are ... De bredda's passing is a collective loss, and just like his ethnicity is the last thing I learned about him ... It is the last thing we should remember given this week's exchanges.

I ponged Daft's political perspective openly and without regret. It needed ponging. But I did so respectfully. I can take that to my grave.

Like me, Daft was a sinologist. RIP soldier! It also caught my attention when he mentioned being in law school in the midst of all his "adventures". I will recall the photo of him fishing with his back to the camera (maybe taken by his wife) as emblematic of a man doing what he loved.

So ... JC, you iz ah man I would be open to siddung with and drink a cold one and reason. No doubt ... buh if yuh look in de mirror, yuh would see yuh was outta timing ... And in yuh heart yuh know it because of the words you used to start yuh comments.

Guidance.

well said, we all needed to hear this.

RIP Daft, condolences to all affected.
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2013, 10:48:52 AM »
By the way...guns are illegal in D.C.

Actually they're not... only handguns were illegal, and Heller changed that in 2008.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2013, 10:51:44 AM »

This kinda ignorance defies belief.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2013, 11:03:23 AM »

Guidance.

Well said... and it needed saying.  You have infinitely more patience than I could have mustered.  Despite what you might think just cool, I too have nothing against you, never have, despite your frequent protestations.  My biggest issue with you, if you could call it that is the constant victim mentality, and your apparent belief that since you see yourself as a victim of oppression, that gives you the right to foist your negative perception on the community here whenever you feel so moved, propriety of the forum for doing so notwithstanding.  I know this will engender some kinda unnecessary response, so I will post my thoughts on Daft separately.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:16:54 AM by Bakes »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2013, 11:04:16 AM »
Oh shoot ,now seeing this tread ,really sad to hear this ,loved his stories ,some where  tall tales but I give him the benefit of the doubt,had great animal pics too ...snakes bad snakes he took .So sorry for him guess he married one .
Just Cool ,I will never give a angry woman a loaded gun ,love oh no love ....I always remember we are not really totally related to our other half .
Hell I will miss him.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:11:14 AM by Qmire »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2013, 11:15:38 AM »
Chris (then known as 'dctrini) and I became 'friends' following a heated disagreement some 5 years ago here on the forum, when he made some real idiotic comments about Eduardo when the latter had his ankle broken by Matt Taylor of Birmingham.  I excoriated him in the thread, as did others, but for some reason he reached out to me in PM afterwards to explain his side.  At that point we became friends on Facebook and our very first interaction was him giving me grief for posting a picture of myself in a Thierry Henry yellow Arsenal jersey from 2007.  That begun what would prove to be a spirited series of exchanges over the years... largely regarding his madcap comments about President Obama and the Democratic party/policies.

I exaggerated last night when I said we never agreed... we disagreed frequently on politics and sadly enough, the gun debate.  Daft was not a law student, he took a legal course at Catholic U., just as he pursued a master's in information technology at my alma mater... that was another thing that bonded us.  One of the things that drove me crazy about Chris was his seeming penchant for exaggeration/embellishment, but I came to not dislike him, but more to humor him in a "Big Fish" kinda way, it was just part of his character.  He lived five minutes around the corner from my old neighborhood in SW DC and we occasionally chatted about how the neighborhood was changing. 

It mattered not ONE IOTA to me that Chris was Indo-Trini... and if you were privy to his friends list on FB or the tributes being paid to him on his wall you would appreciate that his ethnicity was the least interesting thing about him.  I am sitting here both sad and upset with myself because he reached out to me all those years ago and suggested we link up whenever I came thru the old neighborhood.  I could use the excuse that life got a whole lot busier, and the truth is that I traveled less and less to DC the past few years as other priorities took hold.  But even so, I could have made it happen, and I should have made it happen.  This is the second friend, or in the least, close acquaintance I have now lost in the span of as many months, and not only does it remind me of my own mortality (as if one ever really needs such reminder), it makes me realize that I need to stop and just appreciate the people in my life that much more.  It doesn't matter the degree of emotional connection or physical proximity... there is nothing like the death of your peers to remind you of the fragility of life and I urge each and every one of you to consider that as you interact with each other going forward.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:19:44 AM by Bakes »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2013, 11:21:37 AM »
Remember when he said he worked with Chocodile hunter..Steve Erwin with animal planet ,and it was a lot of fake stuff on the show lol ,this boy if true had a really exciting short life .I believed him f**k it . 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 12:29:08 PM by Qmire »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2013, 11:41:14 AM »
Now is time to pay respects and not for speculation.

It will have plenty time for that. Godspeed on your way Daft.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

truetrini

« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2013, 12:01:03 PM »
No one should really speculate.  Imagine if he NEVER gave her a gun, supposed she pulled it our a drawer or something?  See that?  he is NOT able to give his story...forensics, ballistics etc. will!

Wait for the evidence!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2013, 12:23:06 PM »
I know I might be premature here, I've never met Chris but I noticed he reached out to the forum and shared a lot of stories, photo's and even opened up sometimes with his personal life (which most tend not to do on a social network such as this). Anyway in reading Bakes and others posts, I know Chris was trying to host a football sweat for us on here in his hometown and was very hospitable in making arrangements we didn't get enough people interested.
How about if we try to do something in his honor since we lost a fellow warrior, along the lines of having a sweat/get together this summer. I know many on here may go to a Gold Cup game or two so for example the first game is a Mon in NJ (I thingk), how about we do something the Sun in the NY/NJ area? I'll make the drive for that and stay overnight for the game, maybe others would? Just a thought since it was something he tried to do. Also it might be a nice way to get together and ease the tension of all the heated debates occurring lately.
Again I don't mean to come with any out of timing talk but it could be something we can consider.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2013, 01:00:11 PM »
Good idea. Might be one of several.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2013, 01:01:20 PM »
Chris (then known as 'dctrini) and I became 'friends' following a heated disagreement some 5 years ago here on the forum, when he made some real idiotic comments about Eduardo when the latter had his ankle broken by Matt Taylor of Birmingham.  I excoriated him in the thread, as did others, but for some reason he reached out to me in PM afterwards to explain his side.  At that point we became friends on Facebook and our very first interaction was him giving me grief for posting a picture of myself in a Thierry Henry yellow Arsenal jersey from 2007.  That begun what would prove to be a spirited series of exchanges over the years... largely regarding his madcap comments about President Obama and the Democratic party/policies.

I exaggerated last night when I said we never agreed... we disagreed frequently on politics and sadly enough, the gun debate.  Daft was not a law student, he took a legal course at Catholic U.,just as he pursued a master's in information technology at my alma mater... that was another thing that bonded us.  One of the things that drove me crazy about Chris was his seeming penchant for exaggeration/embellishment, but I came to not dislike him, but more to humor him in a "Big Fish" kinda way, it was just part of his character.  He lived five minutes around the corner from my old neighborhood in SW DC and we occasionally chatted about how the neighborhood was changing. 

It mattered not ONE IOTA to me that Chris was Indo-Trini... and if you were privy to his friends list on FB or the tributes being paid to him on his wall you would appreciate that his ethnicity was the least interesting thing about him.  I am sitting here both sad and upset with myself because he reached out to me all those years ago and suggested we link up whenever I came thru the old neighborhood.  I could use the excuse that life got a whole lot busier, and the truth is that I traveled less and less to DC the past few years as other priorities took hold.  But even so, I could have made it happen, and I should have made it happen.  This is the second friend, or in the least, close acquaintance I have now lost in the span of as many months, and not only does it remind me of my own mortality (as if one ever really needs such reminder), it makes me realize that I need to stop and just appreciate the people in my life that much more.  It doesn't matter the degree of emotional connection or physical proximity... there is nothing like the death of your peers to remind you of the fragility of life and I urge each and every one of you to consider that as you interact with each other going forward.

That's what I thought ... dctrini ... I couldn't recall the name.

Thanks for the clarification regarding the second bold. I was inclined to qualify the comment with apostrophe marks, but on a day like today I left it alone. Truth be told, in responding to JC I was going to respond "Bakes will deal with you", but under the circumstances I decided to press fwd ... in part because I wanted to set a certain tone immediately and nip things in the bud.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:16:30 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2013, 01:14:39 PM »
oh shoo Daft was DC Trini ,will he going back a long was to the start of this site then .Cant remember if I had known that.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2013, 02:30:40 PM »
Now is time to pay respects and not for speculation.

It will have plenty time for that. Godspeed on your way Daft.

Was he in Germany?  I don't recall, sad sad, will say so again.  This is very saddening
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2013, 02:31:33 PM »
RIP  :'(

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2013, 02:34:38 PM »
story here .... wow

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/03/diana-lalchan-charged-with-killing-her-husband-in-sw-shooting-86865.html
Diana Lalchan charged with killing Christopher Lalchan in SW shooting
By Jennifer Donelan
March 29, 2013 - 11:08 am

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KziM3JsDuCk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KziM3JsDuCk</a>

A 27-year-old pharmacist with Walter Reed is in custody and charged with second-degree murder in her husband's death in Southwest Washington.

The shooting took place at the Carrollsburg Condominiums on 4th Street SW Thursday. Police say the victim, Christopher Lalchan, and the suspect, Diana Lalchan, were married for four years. The homicide is being investigated as a domestic incident.

According to court documents, Lalchan called 911 just after midnight and told the operator she had shot her husband. She later told police she was the victim of domestic abuse, but detectives said no reports of abuse were ever filed.

Her husband was found face down in the living room with a bullet wound to his head.

“I am really taken aback,” says neighbor Alexandria McBride. “I have seen them on the elevator a few times. They seemed like a normal couple.”

“No, we don’t know and honestly no one is saying anything,” says Leon Tarrant, also a neighbor.

Court records show police found four unregistered handguns inside the home.

“This speaks to the gun violence,” says McBride. “I don’t agree with anyone having guns.”

Lalchan reportedly explained she and her husband had been arguing that night and that he put a gun on the television stand. According to court records, she said her husband told her he was placing the gun on the stand to make her feel safe. As he walked away, without provocation, she picked up the .40 caliber pistol and fired it at him three times, striking him once in the head. Court documents show Lalchan said her husband “did not physically assault her that night nor did he threaten physical harm.”

“I just heard this through the grapevine and am just wondering what in the world is going on. It is bizarre,” says Tarrant.

Walter Reed stated it can't comment on the incident.

"We are aware of the charge and we cannot comment about an ongoing investigation," says Sandy Dean, spokesperson for Walter Reed in Bethesda.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2013, 02:38:35 PM »
RIP Daft Trini aka dctrini.... you will be missed. :(
I still can't believe that this happened.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2013, 02:52:53 PM »
The next thing, I want to follow this case but I feeling ahow.

Today was the wife court date. Any news? Maybe we need another thread for that.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2013, 02:54:21 PM »
Jeez,

the man and I are friends on FB. He used a slightly different name Chrish Mclachlan.

The truth is I have forgotten some of my FB's friends SWN names so I didn't make the connection right away.

Was always cool with me when we communicated. Had a very beautiful Asian wife. He was a big mofo so I am not surprised to hear he was in some kinda security business.

Got the impression that he wanted to get into politics. Also that he was an ex Modsec man.

RIP my brother.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>