March 28, 2024, 01:48:48 PM

Author Topic: RIP Daft Trini  (Read 49125 times)

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: RIP Daft Trini
« Reply #150 on: December 25, 2013, 07:11:14 AM »
Sad, sad, sad. May he rest in peace away from the madness of this world.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2013, 10:19:33 AM »
Diana Lalchan charged with murder of husband Christopher in DC
wusa9.com

A D.C. woman has been charged with first degree murder while armed and possession of a firearm in the shooting death of her husband.

Twenty-eight-year-old Diana Lalchan pleaded not guilty to the charges at her arraignment today in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.

According to the government's evidence, on March 28 at approximately 12:05 a.m., Lalchan called 911 and reported that she had just shot her husband inside their apartment in the 1200 block of Fourth Street SW. Officers found her inside the apartment, holding a cell phone. Police found her 36-year-old Christopher Lalchan lying on the floor, unconscious and unresponsive. Mr. Lalchan was suffering from an apparent gunshot wound to the back of the head.

Authorities say a semi-automatic handgun was recovered and three shell casings were found on the floor.

According to evidence, Lalchan told police that her husband had asked her to come home on the evening of March 27 so they could talk about their marriage. After dinner, Lalchan said that an argument ensued that escalated and de-escalated for several hours. According to forensic evidence she fired three shots at her husband: one into the kitchen, another into the back of Mr. Lalchan's head and a third next to his head.

Lalchan has a trial date of March 3, 2014. She faces a potential sentence of life in prison if she is convicted.

Somehow I missed this yesterday.  I'm surprised that they charged her with first-degree murder... but I'm not complaining.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 25, 2013, 10:29:07 AM »
Dianna Lalchan Charged with First-Degree Murder While Armed in Slaying of Her Husband (Homicidewatch.org)

Posted Nov. 23, 2013, 6 a.m. by Clara Pak | Leave a Comment

Dianna Lalchan pleaded innocent to two new charges brought against her in connection with the death of her husband, Christopher Lalchan.

A grand jury indicted Dianna Lalchan, 28, on charges of first-degree premeditated murder while armed and possession of a firearm during a crime of violence.

Lalchan was arrested and initially charged with second-degree murder, but a judge reduced that charge to voluntary manslaughter at a preliminary hearing. Lalchan has been staying with family under high supervision since May, when Judge Ronna Beck allowed her to leave a halfway house.

On Friday, Prosecutor Cynthia Wright said new evidence in the government’s case against Lalchan led to Thursday’s indictment. While Lalchan’s attorney, Arthur Ago, argued the killing was in self-defense, the prosecutor argued that not once during the couple’s five-year marriage did Dianna Lalchan call 911 or have restraining orders issued against her husband. There is also no record of an abuse case in D.C. Superior Court.

“This case is about money,” Wright said. “She didn’t want to pay alimony. The defendant chose money over everything else.”

On the night of Christopher Lalchan’s death, in the middle of an escalating argument, it was Lalchan who told her husband to go retrieve the gun and lay it on the table, Wright said.

According to forensic evidence, three shots were fired that night. “The first shot was fired into the kitchen,” Wright said. “The second shot was fired into the back of her husband’s head. The third shot was fired next to his head when he was on the ground.”

Wright argued that because Dianna Lalchan, a pharmacist at Walter Reed Medical Center, often went to the shooting range for recreational purposes, her precision in shooting would be quite good.

On March 28, at approximately 12:05 a.m., Lalchan called 911 and said, “I shot my husband,” inside their apartment in 1200 block of Fourth Street Southwest, according to charging documents.

The government requested a motion that Lalchan be held without bond. Judge Beck denied the motion because of her track record. “If you think she is a danger to the community, get your case ready for trial.”

Her trial is scheduled to begin March 5, 2014.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 25, 2013, 10:31:08 AM »
Good
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 25, 2013, 12:05:47 PM »
RIP and Merry Christmas wherever you are!!!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2013, 08:22:29 PM »
wha de ass i reading here???? geeezan  :pissedoff: jus so boy... RIP Trini
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2014, 07:02:26 PM »
Lalchan has a trial date of March 3, 2014. She faces a potential sentence of life in prison if she is convicted.

I eh see nothing in de news. Bakes, check it out nah.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2014, 09:51:17 PM »
So sad... :(
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2014, 12:38:54 PM »

I eh see nothing in de news. Bakes, check it out nah.

Not much to report, sadly... hearing held, right now she's free on personal recognizance with high intensity monitoring (PR-HISP "mentioned below").  Another hearing is set for August.

03/06/2014   Event Resulted - Release Status:   Event Resulted - Release Status: PR-HISP. Motions to be heard during trial readiness hearing. New trial date set. Motions due 06-20-2014. Responses due 07-25-2014. AUSA: Carol Wright

The following event: Status Hearing scheduled for 03/06/2014 at 9:30 am has been resulted as follows:

Result: Hearing Held
Judge: REID WINSTON, RHONDA Location: Courtroom 316
DIANNA Y LALCHAN (Defendant (Criminal)); ; ARTHUR AGO (Attorney) on behalf of DIANNA Y LALCHAN (Defendant (Criminal)); Judge RHONDA REID WINSTON

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2014, 07:40:05 AM »
A lot of procedural activity but no real movement yet on this case.  The prosecution were successful in convincing the grand jury to indict on a first-degree murder charge after the first judge unbelievably reduced the initial second-degree charge to voluntary manslaughter.  A trial date is tentatively scheduled for October 20.

Event Scheduled

The following event: Trial Readiness Hearing scheduled for 08/08/2014 at 11:30 am has been rescheduled as follows:

Event: Trial Readiness Hearing
Date: 09/26/2014 Time: 9:30 am

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 03, 2015, 05:47:30 AM »
Anything happen since on the case?
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 03, 2015, 12:29:09 PM »
Trial schedule for later this summer... just a lot of procedural hearings since the last update.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2015, 02:12:35 PM »
Event Scheduled
Event: Jury Trial
Date: 09/15/2015 Time: 9:30 am

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2015, 02:19:41 PM »
Bakes, on my birthday?.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #164 on: May 24, 2015, 11:26:16 PM »
Event Scheduled

I was thinking about this just yesterday. Was planning to enquire.

Thanks
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 25, 2015, 10:46:07 AM »
A lot of procedural activity but no real movement yet on this case.  The prosecution were successful in convincing the grand jury to indict on a first-degree murder charge after the first judge unbelievably reduced the initial second-degree charge to voluntary manslaughter.  A trial date is tentatively scheduled for October 20.

Event Scheduled

The following event: Trial Readiness Hearing scheduled for 08/08/2014 at 11:30 am has been rescheduled as follows:

Event: Trial Readiness Hearing
Date: 09/26/2014 Time: 9:30 am

Why would the prosecutor seek 1st degree? It doesn't look too Kosher. Every single element would have to be proven or hopefully he gives the jury an alternative to second if unable to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. If he can't, she walks!! We can only hope for the best.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 25, 2015, 12:25:07 PM »
Why would the prosecutor seek 1st degree? It doesn't look too Kosher. Every single element would have to be proven or hopefully he gives the jury an alternative to second if unable to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. If he can't, she walks!! We can only hope for the best.

"Every single element would have to be proven" no matter what the charge.  First degree murder is the proper charge as there is enough evidence to support it.  All of the lesser included offenses are included/simultaneously charged, including second-degree murder and manslaughter.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 25, 2015, 05:46:06 PM »

"Every single element would have to be proven" no matter what the charge.  First degree murder is the proper charge as there is enough evidence to support it.  All of the lesser included offenses are included/simultaneously charged, including second-degree murder and manslaughter.
Obviously Bakes you have an idea about the law. but having an idea and knowing the law are two different things. let me just say that you are wrong. I shouldn't have to go any further.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 25, 2015, 06:07:45 PM »
Sub1, think Bakes is a lawyer!

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 25, 2015, 06:50:31 PM »
Sub1, think Bakes is a lawyer!
I would want to believe so also. But I have also met many who don't fully understand the law especially the easiest area which is criminal law. Is he in T&T or the US? If T&T I apologize but if the US his third sentence is dead wrong. No pun intended.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2015, 07:04:04 PM »
Obviously Bakes you have an idea about the law. but having an idea and knowing the law are two different things. let me just say that you are wrong. I shouldn't have to go any further.

I have no interest in measuring dicks online, it profits me none, but I'm admitted in state, federal and military courts, with pending admission before the US Supreme Court.  I've not only prosecuted criminal cases, but I've defended them as well, all the way up the appellate chain.  Suffice to say I have more than just a passing familiarity with the law, particularly criminal law.  I'm also 100% confident that when First Degree murder is charged, all of the lesser included offenses apply.  Any prosecutor worth their salt would simply ask the judge to include an instruction to the jury on the lesser-included offenses.  I don't need to convince you of this, as you are entitled to your own opinion.  Whether you "go further" or not is up to you, makes no real difference to me.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 25, 2015, 07:20:31 PM »

I have no interest in measuring dicks online, it profits me none, but I'm admitted in state, federal and military courts, with pending admission before the US Supreme Court.  I've not only prosecuted criminal cases, but I've defended them as well, all the way up the appellate chain.  Suffice to say I have more than just a passing familiarity with the law, particularly criminal law.  I'm also 100% confident that when First Degree murder is charged, all of the lesser included offenses apply.  Any prosecutor worth their salt would simply ask the judge to include an instruction to the jury on the lesser-included offenses.  I don't need to convince you of this, as you are entitled to your own opinion.  Whether you "go further" or not is up to you, makes no real difference to me.
No dick measuring here son.You stand by your belief and I stand by mine. But when you get before the US Supreme CT please do inform us. And congrats on all your other admissions. True trini also let me have it.
BTW a de facto system of racism is not apartheid. Otherwise going on your logic America would be, today, an apartheid country but with a black President.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:35:44 PM by sub1 »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2015, 08:56:27 AM »
Event Scheduled

The hour approacheth.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 07, 2015, 12:45:46 PM »
Following...
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2015, 06:33:14 AM »
Bakes, doh lapse on that hefty retainer we paying yuh.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 17, 2015, 10:54:37 AM »
There was a hearing held following a discovery motion by the defense, apparently they argued that the prosecution failed to turn over exculpatory information.  The judge granted a three-week continuance, but the fact that it's marked "FINAL continuance" suggests that while there was merit to the defense's complaint, whatever they complained about wasn't that materially important to warrant anything more than a three-week delay.

Event Resulted - Release Status: PR PSA
defense motion to continue trial date addressed, GRANTED by the court as a FINAL continuance; government to file motions no later than 10/9/2015 - defense to file their responses no later than 10/26/2015.
AUSA - Cynthia Wright

COURT REPORTER: Donna Hawkins

The following event: Trial Readiness Hearing scheduled for 09/10/2015 at 10:30 am has been resulted as follows:

Result: Hearing Held
DIANNA Y LALCHAN (Defendant (Criminal)); ; ARTHUR AGO (Attorney) on behalf of DIANNA Y LALCHAN (Defendant (Criminal)); Judge RHONDA REID WINSTON
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 04:56:27 PM by Bakes »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 17, 2015, 04:40:57 PM »
thanks bakes.  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 17, 2015, 04:58:33 PM »

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 18, 2015, 12:06:51 AM »
thanks bakes.  :beermug:

Me too, thanks very much Bakes. 

I am interested in this case. In spite of the distance and unfamiliar elements it feels very local.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 18, 2015, 09:35:46 AM »
More of a wait, but so it goes. :beermug:

Where is the defendant?

1]; } ?>