April 26, 2024, 01:01:55 AM

Author Topic: Next Assignment For Shawn Cooper  (Read 5033 times)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Next Assignment For Shawn Cooper
« on: April 11, 2013, 08:37:02 PM »
Gentlemen I had the chance to sit and watch over 90% of the match u17 vs Costa Rica, and I must say that I saw consistency. I must say that I am impressed because I had such low expectations to begin with.
It doesn't matter to me the outcome on Saturday but Mr Cooper demonstrated more knowledge about putting a team together than Mr Shabazz..by far..I think that Mr Cooper should take over reins of the senior team for the upcoming Gold Cup.
The man has vision and talent as a coach and I feel that he has  come of age in this tournament.
Mr Cooper demonstrated that he had a solid plan to play without the ball, a plan to win the ball back, and a plan to execute once the ball has been retrieved.
I like the way he got through to the players in such a short space of time to understand the concept of the first defender, the role of the second defender the  3rd defender is not so clear but acceptable.
The use of his formation is based on the Dutch model and is acceptable to us. Four defenders.. and when the right back goes forward we have three in the back with a recovering CB to make four..solid defence.
We could beat anybody if we had more preparation under this coach.
Please let us support this young local talent and let him and his staff know that they are playing world class football .
Cooper for National Coach. Hutson Charles could be a part of the staff as an advisor/manager. Kudos the Cooper, Marcelle and Leonson Lewis for their hard work.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:27:41 PM by Tallman »

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: Next Assignment For Shaun Cooper
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 09:05:15 PM »
The man have a mission in front of him to complete. Keep calm and support the entire team... ::)
Live large and prosper!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 09:29:52 PM »
Worthwhile topic. I don't agree with all the conclusions in terms of timing, but after this cycle is complete I think the topic raises a valid question. Next Olympics is 2016. ;).

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 09:34:29 PM »
The man have a mission in front of him to complete. Keep calm and support the entire team... ::)

It hard to keep calm. Yuh eh see coache driving de motorcade from Palo Seco to reach in de HCS before de big game? ;)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 11:27:00 PM »
There is not enough success to even warrant a National coach discussion.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 11:34:42 PM »
Huge difference coaching kids vs coaching big men.. If he can take the team to the cup then he should be given the U20 as well..and if he continues good work, then u23 and an assistant role with the seniors..and so on and so on.. you cant just jump in the hot seat just so.. thats the mistake we make alot, especially with Latapy

Earn yuh stripes

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 11:57:58 PM »

The use of his formation is based on the Dutch model and is acceptable to us. Four defenders.. and when the right back goes forward we have three in the back with a recovering CB to make four..solid defence.

Coache, I for one is very impressed with the high level of analysis you bring to the table, and the indepth use of mathematics to breakdown our defensive tactics.

Coache for National Coache
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:01:55 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 05:38:56 AM »
easy
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 06:26:48 AM »
Well Said Big Magician- EASY/ EASY. A youth makes 50 runs in cricket we start saying he is the next Lara.
 A young man makes a run down the middle and we say he is the next Latapy. A Coach win a game and we want to move him from coaching boys to men. Coaching a Senior team is not only about systems it is also mental and man coaching . HAVING TO DEAL WITH BIG EGOS AND PLAYERS TRADING THEIR GOODS AT A HIGHER LEVEL.  You really think Cooper can deal with the star boys on our National Team

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 06:42:52 AM »
Well Said Big Magician- EASY/ EASY. A youth makes 50 runs in cricket we start saying he is the next Lara.
 A young man makes a run down the middle and we say he is the next Latapy. A Coach win a game and we want to move him from coaching boys to men. Coaching a Senior team is not only about systems it is also mental and man coaching . HAVING TO DEAL WITH BIG EGOS AND PLAYERS TRADING THEIR GOODS AT A HIGHER LEVEL.  You really think Cooper can deal with the star boys on our National Team
Congrats to the team & coach. If de man have a good tournament and there are provable superior techniques and managerial ability and if de "at dat time" men's senior team coach aint good, then I don't see why not!

He clearly cya do two tourny same time and yuh cya change winning ways, especially to accommodate some big hard back man who had ample times to stake their claim in the history.

Keep doing yuh ting Cooper and remember anybody who done learn might as well dead so dont shut down good information.

Ah you name you!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 07:26:08 AM »
He need to finish the assignment he on first.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 07:30:44 AM »
There is not enough success to even warrant a National coach discussion.

Depends on how one defines success.

Coache might be over-exuberant in a sense, but it's undeniable that the Coach Cooper is on a steady, upward trajectory.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 08:55:55 AM »
Ah wonder if we get 4 from Panama if allyuh go sing de same song.

Trinbagoians, they quick to jump on success.

The under 17 team playing decent and still there is a lot of holes to plug.

Give Shawn Cooper some more time.

I want to see one touch football.

Good luck to de fellas tomorrow, at least I am happy to see they are FIGHTING they heart out and that is all the counts for a stepping stone to success, dont give up.

Coaching, it will take more for me to sing praises, because de team still cant gets 5/6 strings of passes together consistently.

Cooper is doing a decent job.

I hope if T&T makes it to the WC they try and beef of the team and not get false hope like Angus Eve did with the Olympic team after they breeze through de qualifiers, he felt he was ready and then Mexico wake up he ass.

Besdies, Jamaal Shabazz eh going no way, he have a God father in de TTFF.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 09:00:13 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 12:05:57 PM »
Shaun is made in Trinidad. From what I see coming out of Trinidad these days..he is the best ..the man actually thought something thru and accomplished it ..if he's capable of doing that then he is capable of more just like those players on that team ..those guys are capable of more.
If he sticks with the same plan throughout the tournament ..applying pressure on both sides of the ball when we don't have it, denying space in the midfield, being more physical than your counterpart, we'll frustrate good teams in the midfield. Now ..the man is a Trini and he might change his plans for the next game instead of doing what is working and improving on it...
This is a tournament ..loser go home..frustrating the opponents will give us the upperhand .The football will be hard to watch , we will see lots of mistakes , it would be unattractive but I have a good feeling.
My role is to be critical and I can find lots of problems..but I saw something good.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 12:26:16 PM »
Huge difference coaching kids vs coaching managing big men.. If he can take the team to the cup then he should be given the U20 as well..and if he continues good work, then u23 and an assistant role with the seniors..and so on and so on.. you cant just jump in the hot seat just so.. thats the mistake we make alot, especially with Latapy

Earn yuh stripes

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 01:46:46 PM »
I may want to suggest that if his tenure is successful, and no that is not yet proven, it should be after the tournament. That he continues to work with this group of players, if nothing else he is motivating this young group and they are playing for him and to some effect, executing his tactics. So that means once the U-17 cycle is complete, you keep him through U-20, U-23 and then senior ranks as other posters have suggested.

The players will respect him as a local coach having gone through the ranks with him even if they move on to other development systems like Bertille St Clair and his Yorke led U-17 National team.

So based on that cycle he should be looking at the senior team job around 2020 where the nucleus of this current squad should form the senior team. For that to work of course there must be a strategic program to keep these players together.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 02:20:09 PM »
Well we need a foreign coach for the Gold Cup because we not getting past the first round. I could bet meh house on dat.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 05:56:58 PM »
T&T need to employ the 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 formation and scrap this one striker thing eliminated the center midfield.

Our players are to quick to try and score when they should build their attack more constructively and then go in.

The team is not coached to their best, trust me.

But I am not hating or wishing bad, our flaws will show against better teams and I am not talking about playing against Italy or Brazil, right in Concacaf, it will show.

The local coaches have one style and thank God these youths are a little more talented and have more heart that de previous or else was salt for we.

We play kick and run down football.

You cannot have defenders kicking ball to a forward and he up there alone.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 06:03:56 PM by Sam »

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 07:26:03 PM »
So much people sayin de man have to pay dues and coach dis yute team and dat yute team ..Hannibal Najjar didn't go thru all dat ..de man coach youths den went and coach in U.S College NAIA and come Trinidad and bring College men to represent. What kind a ting is dat?
What difference would it make right now? Anyhow yuh spin dis ..de man know more of preparation than Shabazz right now..Shabazz is real madness ..talk about people running dong ball..Shabazz have one man running dong a next man from one side a de field to next ..chasin ball and man all over de field .. he is so confusing he confused his own self because he thought de Peru center forward was playin last stopper fuh we...and he take all kinda course according to what he would say to de media...madness..

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Re: Next Assignment For Shawn Cooper
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 08:39:45 PM »
Well we need a foreign coach for the Gold Cup because we not getting past the first round. I could bet meh house on dat.

If is ah Tapia house then i could understand what you mean and the kinda football they playing :devil:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 08:42:10 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 08:48:47 PM »
Maybe is jes a PPP house wid no foundation to stand on

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 08:57:52 PM »
T&T need to employ the 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 formation and scrap this one striker thing eliminated the center midfield.

Our players are to quick to try and score when they should build their attack more constructively and then go in.

The team is not coached to their best, trust me.

But I am not hating or wishing bad, our flaws will show against better teams and I am not talking about playing against Italy or Brazil, right in Concacaf, it will show.

The local coaches have one style and thank God these youths are a little more talented and have more heart that de previous or else was salt for we.

We play kick and run down football.

You cannot have defenders kicking ball to a forward and he up there alone.

so if we're are playing direct ..what makes you think that changing the formation will solve that problem..
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 09:04:54 PM by MEP »

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 09:13:20 PM »
So Direct football is a problem? This is a tournament why Mourinho does so well in tournaments ? The man is out  to counteract styles and wreak havoc. The man play Direct football with a lot of fightin up goin on in midfield ;you might see some combinations in the final third but is plenty counterattacking .  A lot of times his football is not pretty..he cares only for the result.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2013, 09:05:38 AM »
Good morning Mr. Cooper. Your next mission.....should you choose to accept it...is the Central American country...Panama. Their head coach is funneling all his resources into this game in an attempt to reach the next stage. Your mission is to cut him off. Stop their strike force. Put a hit on their net minder. You have been given a band of young Soca Warriors. Your focus is to build on your last victory to accomplish your goal.
As usual, should you or your men fail, your accomplishments would be disavowed. Well maybe, maybe not.

Good luck Mr. Cooper. This game will self destruct in T-Seconds.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2013, 09:43:17 AM »
AH man send this for meh and I think he made some valid points.

I reviewed the game against CR and there are some areas of this teams's game that can be improved on immediately. I don't agree wit that post Coache talking about Shawn Cooper next assignment!

Here are some of what I saw:

1. Transitional attacking (when they win the ball, too often the forward or a midfielder is isolated and out numbered 1 vs 2 or 3), that's why you see so many times the players look like they are trying to do things individually. They need to have better support around the ball sooner.

2. Transitional defending ( the midfield in particular looses its shape very easily and at times one pass is beating all of them and they are often caught flat and having to all recover from behind the play)

3. Individual 1 vs 1 defending (most of the players lack timing and patience in the tackle) I do like their aggressive attitude to try to win the ball, but too often they are beat from mistiming tackles or being impatient. (#2 is a solid 1 vs 1 defender...lots of potential )

4. Centeral defenders need to be better organized, too often they are not well positioned off each other and unsure which one should be attacking the ball or giving cover (both have lots of potential)

5. I would change the formation to have both Fortune and Woo Ling on the field at the same time as either 2 attacking mids with Creed as a holding mid behind them; or possibly playing Fortune as a second striker, or Woo Ling on the left side of midfield. I don't think any T&T teams should play with 1 striker...it stifles the attacking mentality of our creative players who seem to be asked to think about defending more than attacking. We should be trying to structure the team and system in a way that plays to our strengths. In fact if they did this, we would be much improved in our overall defending...both individually and collectively.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2013, 10:11:26 PM »
I am ashamed!!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »
Go Abroad UK MLS  but hook up with a professional team and spend some time observing  coaching styles and knowledge.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2013, 09:58:36 AM »
AH man send this for meh and I think he made some valid points.

I reviewed the game against CR and there are some areas of this teams's game that can be improved on immediately. I don't agree wit that post Coache talking about Shawn Cooper next assignment!

Here are some of what I saw:

1. Transitional attacking (when they win the ball, too often the forward or a midfielder is isolated and out numbered 1 vs 2 or 3), that's why you see so many times the players look like they are trying to do things individually. They need to have better support around the ball sooner.

2. Transitional defending ( the midfield in particular looses its shape very easily and at times one pass is beating all of them and they are often caught flat and having to all recover from behind the play)

3. Individual 1 vs 1 defending (most of the players lack timing and patience in the tackle) I do like their aggressive attitude to try to win the ball, but too often they are beat from mistiming tackles or being impatient. (#2 is a solid 1 vs 1 defender...lots of potential )

4. Centeral defenders need to be better organized, too often they are not well positioned off each other and unsure which one should be attacking the ball or giving cover (both have lots of potential)

5. I would change the formation to have both Fortune and Woo Ling on the field at the same time as either 2 attacking mids with Creed as a holding mid behind them; or possibly playing Fortune as a second striker, or Woo Ling on the left side of midfield. I don't think any T&T teams should play with 1 striker...it stifles the attacking mentality of our creative players who seem to be asked to think about defending more than attacking. We should be trying to structure the team and system in a way that plays to our strengths. In fact if they did this, we would be much improved in our overall defending...both individually and collectively.

a lot of what you said here if not all of it applied to the game last night as well.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »
Coache
You still want to give the man de wuk? All yuh fellas does get carried away easily with a win. De man look lorse on de bench. I don't understand the hurried substitutions either? There are some talented youths but I believe they are being short- changed in the coaching area. Only ole talk from the technical crew.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2013, 05:58:11 PM »
Anyhow de man still better than Shabba Rankin... so ..Cooper fuh senior coach at least we might win a game or two .
Under Shabbuz we goin nowhere...

1]; } ?>