March 28, 2024, 05:00:47 PM

Author Topic: Brent Sam  (Read 3891 times)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brent Sam
« on: April 14, 2013, 07:27:16 AM »
The biggest mistake made by the U17 staff was to remove him from the field vs Panama...

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:16:43 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Brent Sam
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 05:16:17 AM »
Sam leads Defence Force to Oasis win.
T&T Guardian Reports.

National under-17 attacker Brent Sam scored the opening goal, which led Defence Force to its third win of the campaign and a much needed one, as the club defeated T&TEC 2-0 in the same age division, when action continued in the Oasis Youth Pro League, on Sunday.

Defence Force, which suffered four losses from six matches prior to Sunday’s match day effectively prevented T&TEC from moving into second place with the result. Sam scored in the 14th minute, which was followed by a Daniel Banfield item five minuted from full-time.

The Teteron Boys of the u-15 division, however, missed its chance to go joint top of the standings with St Ann’s Rangers as they were beaten 2-1 by T&TEC.

Read More

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 06:42:40 AM »
Sam and them have to be playing against big man too, to be consistently competitive against the Panamas of the football world.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:16:33 AM by Fyzoman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 06:24:01 PM »
Sam now with Jabloteh.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 09:32:57 AM »
Any more info on him?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 05:24:40 PM »
Any relation to Hector Sam?
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 06:07:53 PM »
Any relation to Hector Sam?

Brent is Hector's nephew.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wired868 profiles San Juan North and T&T U-20 striker Brent Sam
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 01:27:36 PM »
One-on-on with San Juan North’s Brent Sam
By Candis Cayona (Wired868.com)

Reminiscent of tall, skillful and popular Swedish footballer Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Brent towers some 6’ 2” over me and the rest of his team mates.

At first impression, Sam renders a shy quiet personality, however once you begin to talk his language, football, he absolutely comes alive.

At 18 years, Sam’s football life is a busy one; he trains four times a week, approximately three hours per session, and currently plays for two teams, San Juan North Secondary School and the Trinidad and Tobago Under 20 National Team. He plays two games per week in the SSFL.

The following is an interview with “Sammy”—his nickname on the field—that helps us to get to know him better.

What is your date of birth?

18 April 1996

What is your hometown?

I was born in Mt Hope but grew up in Bourg Mulatresse.

What is something most people do not know about you?

I love macaroni pie and quite frankly, I eat too much but never put on weight.

Since you love to eat, can you cook?

Not much.

How would you describe yourself as a person?

Definitely handsome (blushes) and kind, but not with “outta timin” people.  “Outta timin” meaning people who step to me with stupid talk and stupid actions.

What do you hope to do when you finish school?

I want to play professional football.  At present I am on the Trinidad and Tobago Under 20 National Team; this was a very recent appointment, as I was on the Under 17 team before.  I want to move on to the Senior Team and then who knows where, maybe somewhere out of Trinidad.

What would be success for you as a player?

Success would be for me to do just what I’m doing now.

Tell us a little more about your successes then.

For the Under 17 team I scored an important goal against Costa Rica in Panama; a free kick to win the game.  Costa Rica was eliminated because of me!  What is more success than that?!

With all these successes, I think it would be interesting to know what or who got you started with playing football?

Actually, I was not too interested in football at first but I have two uncles who are professional football players. (One uncle, Hector Sam, played professionally in Britain for eight years and now represents Police FC in the local Pro League) They are the ones who really encouraged me. 

Once I started to take the game seriously, I realized that I real good and have real talent.  They would give me pointers on how to improve and well the rest is history.

Who was your most important coach(s) and why?

Mr (Keith) Jeffrey is my most important coach.  He always encourages and motivates me to do better and to improve.

What makes you stand out as a player?

I could not only play in my role as a forward but I can play all the positions on field, even in goal. I also have a lot of ball tricks.

Do you think your height has anything to do with your ability to play in any position?

Maybe, especially as a striker and in the goal.

Who is your favourite player?

Cristiano Ronaldo of course!

Why is he your favourite player?

I follow his football closely and use some of his tricks on the field.  I really like the “Cristi Cut”.  This is a move that helps you beat players.

What is your favourite team?

My favourite team is Manchester United of course!

What was your best moment in football so far and what was your worst?

My best football moment in the Premier League was my ‘hat trick’ in the game against Presentation College (San Fernando) and then I scored the winning two goals against Shiva Boys. Then when I was in the Under 17 National Team, in my first game against British Virgin Islands, I scored 7 goals! My worst time was the first four games of the 2014 Premier League. 

What is your target for the season?

I want to score a total of 20 goals.  So far, I have scored 12, so I don’t have far to go to achieve my 20 goals. (This was before the start of the Intercol).

What advice do you have for young persons like yourself who wants to pursue a career in football?

In these times there are a lot of opportunities out there.  You can begin to travel the world and learn so much about different countries and about different styles of football.  Keep training hard and always play your best on the field because you never know who is out there looking at you.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 01:57:30 AM by Flex »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wired868 profiles San Juan North and T&T U-20 striker Brent Sam
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 06:08:38 PM »
Brent Sam said "Once I started to take the game seriously, I realized that I real good and have real talent".  The U20 coach is saying Brent does not like to train so what Brent should have said was "Once I started to take the game seriously, I realized that I real good and have real talent so badman like me don't need to train"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 04:07:13 AM »
he does not like to training king said ... he is attached to jabloteh .. i wonder what the Jabloteh coach view is on this..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 07:38:34 AM »

What would be success for you as a player?

Success would be for me to do just what I’m doing now.

And here is the problem.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 06:55:41 AM »
I would really like to hear what is Brent take on his none selection of the Under 20 team.

I back Derek King if its discipline problems though.

But ah hope is nothing petite because Sam and Andre Fortune are two very good players.

We call up Ricardo John and he cant make de team and we buring out Corbin, so if Corbin injured or suspended wha King go do?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 08:26:56 AM »
I would really like to hear what is Brent take on his none selection of the Under 20 team.

But ah hope is nothing petite because Sam and Andre Fortune are two very good players.

We call up Ricardo John and he cant make de team and we buring out Corbin, so if Corbin injured or suspended wha King go do?

so how he get pic in the first place
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:37:07 AM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 11:08:18 AM »

so how he get pic in the first place

And he wasn't at the first camp. He came in late.

However I think John is much better than they are getting from him. John's been playing at a higher level than most of these guys for the last 6 months.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 02:06:52 PM »
Since the coach selection bacchanal is still heavy in the air. Here is a light-hearted breather of another passport event.

Baller reached London a few days ago en route to Portugal for a trial, but was denied boarding by the airline because his passport was about to expire in a few weeks. He had to return to T&T to get that sorted and lost valuable days on trial. The good news is he is making the trek back to Portugal today to be seen. Tap him on the head whenever yuh see him. Slackness.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 02:20:02 PM »
Since the coach selection bacchanal is still heavy in the air. Here is a light-hearted breather of another passport event.

Baller reached London a few days ago en route to Portugal for a trial, but was denied boarding by the airline because his passport was about to expire in a few weeks. He had to return to T&T to get that sorted and lost valuable days on trial. The good news is he is making the trek back to Portugal today to be seen. Tap him on the head whenever yuh see him. Slackness.

Not sure if to laugh or cry. Him, his agents and parents need a tap for stupidity!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 02:40:34 PM »
Nah, at this age the player is fully responsible. Leave parents and agent out of this one.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2017, 09:15:39 PM »
Brent Sam has signed a short-term contract with Portuguese club, Sociedade União 1º de Dezembro. They campaign in the Campeonato de Portugal Prio (3rd division).

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2023, 07:57:27 AM »
Brent Sam eager to fill boots of ex-Soca Warrior Kenwyne Jones
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday)

DEFENCE FORCE striker Brent Sam wants to replicate the goal-scoring heroics of former national number nine Kenwyne Jones.

Sam made these remarks at the senior team's final training session at Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo on Wednesday ahead of Thursday’s opening Concacaf Nations League clash against Curacao, from 6pm.

The 27-year-old was recalled to the national setup when head coach Angus Eve announced his 23-man roster two days ago.

Sam, however, was not part of the provisional squad but makes up 11 local-based players earning a call-up as compared to just six for the past Concacaf Gold Cup.

Sam said he wants to mirror the talents of former striker Jones, who has 23 international goals and played for Stoke City and Sunderland in the English Premier League.

He was pleased to be back among the nation's top flight of players.

When asked what he brings to the senior unit, Sam said, "Goals, you know. They've (TT) always been missing a number nine since Kenwyne Jones left. So I'm ready to fulfill those boots."

"(I have to) work hard, sometimes I copy certain things he (Jones) did before; hold up the ball, his runs, to help the team.

It's good, just that the players have to believe in themselves and go out there and perform well."

T&T also play El Salvador on Sunday at the same venue from 10pm.

"It's always a great feeling to represent your country at the highest level," Sam added.

He's inspired to keep working and wants to continue to stake claim in Eve's final squad.

Sam is motivated and has fond memories of scoring for the T&T U-17s in the nation’s first victory over Costa Rica years ago.

"(I just have to) keep my head up, now is my time. I get my opportunity to show why I should be on the national team."

1]; } ?>