March 28, 2024, 04:26:23 AM

Author Topic: the way forward- the development method  (Read 2283 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
the way forward- the development method
« on: April 16, 2013, 08:15:57 PM »
Just wondering why we continually try to reinvent or discover the wheel .........
we keep recycling the same coaches year after year as if, by some process unknown to the logical mind, we would discover the holy Grail.

Every year we dance to the same beat of some battle weary drums ...Bring Corneal ...fire Corneal ...bring Shabazz...fire shabazz...try La forest...span...de leon ...fire them all !! ..bring back shabazz...and the beat goes on .........

The football development method has been tried and tested in many countries ...Argentina ruled the roost in youth football for many years but in recent times Spain has shot ahead at all levels of the game. The Barcelona team  has perfected the system that others are trying to follow ...it is tantamount to getting in on  the " Usain Bolt " training method. Why have we not tried that ....we have spent millions on perfecting the local coach, why not invest on a patented system and get our coaches au courant with " new tech " ?

...even Boca juniors have gotten in on the action ...why are we still trying to play catch up when we could go to the head of the class ?

"...FC Barcelona and CA Boca Juniors have reached an agreement to collaborate in the development of young footballers. The agreement will be officially presented on Monday in the pressroom at the Bombonera in Buenos Aires, an event that will be attended by Daniel Angelici, president of CA Boca Juniors; Jordi Mestre, director responsible for youth football at FC Barcelona; and Jorge Raffo, general coordinator of youth football at CA Boca Juniors.

This is a standard-setting strategic alliance that will bind both clubs in their work to coach young footballers, through which FC Barcelona will transfer its  'La Candela' coaching project to CA Boca Juniors.. In return, FC Barcelona gets first choice regarding the players that represented the club in Argentina and that from now on shall be wearing the shirt of CA Boca Juniors. The same right will relate to other young players emerging from the club's youth system.

CA Boca Juniors will be able to count on the FC Barcelona structure and human resources for the instruction of its  own coaches, the aim being to transmit all of its philosophy and methods regarding the development of youth footballers...."     WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT03/02/2012

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: the way forward- the development method
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 10:22:53 PM »
Just out of interest, Boca Juniors approached Central F.C. last summer, but I bet Barca were offered a much better deal!

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 11:38:18 PM »
just like the national crime epidemic, the issues of our football being in a state of stagnation is the result of many many factors...

For us to reach another WC, we need the perfect storm of a golden generation of footballers managed by a world class coach and glued together by the always necessary bit of luck.

Until we invest in a world class quality coach and give him time to develop his philosophy, we will always have the HEX as our ultimate goal. I am sure the football administrators know this, its just we cant come up with the $75,000US a month to get one of these quality coaches. So in the meantime we have to rely on the better locals to lead the team and HOPE for good things to happen.

The business community aint getting on board, because thats our culture - to jump in last minute. We just dont love football to that extent. But thats no surprise, everytime I go Argentina I see so many youths running in the midday sun building endurance along the roadways...Where u see that in Trinidad? And then we wonder why when we playing Mexico and Costa Rica their players look like Messi compared to our players who barely look like they culd trap a ball in the heat of a game.

Our football is a reflection of our society - both administrative and on the field. Look closely at Kenwyne Jones style of play for Stoke.

Saw this good article today on Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool and looking at their strategy to generate sustainable success aside from splashing out instant money - developing the philospohy on world football.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/tacticsandanalysis/id/1205?cc=5901

Our football barely has an identity. I remember the days when we walked over the US in 1994 in the stadium, Norway in the oval, Martinique in that 7-2 game, Canada and Panama in that semi final round or arguably even the way we approached the game in the 2001 Gold Cup... Nowadays, both our players and coaching staff are a level below those guys...No surprise we no longer can win the Caribbean Cup.

Everybody was shouting for years if we only get rid of Jack our football will take off. That man must be laughing so bad now,,

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 06:58:32 AM »
FS, without addressing the financial aspect of Boca's offer ...  what were the structural elements they sought?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 07:34:38 AM »
FS, without addressing the financial aspect of Boca's offer ...  what were the structural elements they sought?

Basically, they want to extend their brand globally. Much like Arsenal, Chelsea etc in the UK, you pay a certain amount of money annually and get to use their brand. They give you support with training programmes etc. Also, they make their coaches available to fly over (at your cost, of course) and you can send players to Boca (again, at your cost).

So, basically, it's a marketing tool for Boca. I guess people may describe this as arrogance, but we believe that there is enough talent in T&T for clubs to pay us to be their source of young players. By that, I mean a true partnership where a club would pay for a couple of youngsters to go on trial in the UK. Maybe the UK club would pay an annual fee to Central in order to ring fence any talent from T&T. Instead of paying £8 million for the next Kenwyne, they could have him for free, by investing, say, £50,000 per year.

I believe clubs in T&T drastically undersell themselves. They start to believe the negativity of the "fans" that downplay the standard of our league. I truly believe that most Pro League clubs can hold their own against English League 1 and 2 clubs and several SPL clubs. Many of our players are good enough for Europe if only there was a way in. We need to start testing ourselves against English League 1 and 2 clubs to check our progress.

One area we lack greatly is the development of talented kids into quality adults. 14,15 and 16 year olds don't need fitness or matches, they need specific positional coaching to hone their natural ability and add in positional, tactical, transitional, visual awareness, together with respect for the game, themselves and their team mates, staff and match officials.

Our players have to scramble to far away leagues to earn decent bucks because there is no system to open up a "trade route" to the European market.

We have to hold fast and not take the first deal offered to us. We were also close to a deal with Celtic, but if the deal is not right for us, then we'll step back until a club meets our terms. I believe by the start of the 2013/14 season Central F.C. will have several overseas partners, on our terms.

Again, this is not arrogance, but believe we know our value and we won't sell ourselves short.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 12:12:13 PM »

Basically, they want to extend their brand globally. Much like Arsenal, Chelsea etc in the UK, you pay a certain amount of money annually and get to use their brand. They give you support with training programmes etc. Also, they make their coaches available to fly over (at your cost, of course) and you can send players to Boca (again, at your cost).

So, basically, it's a marketing tool for Boca. I guess people may describe this as arrogance, but we believe that there is enough talent in T&T for clubs to pay us to be their source of young players. By that, I mean a true partnership where a club would pay for a couple of youngsters to go on trial in the UK. Maybe the UK club would pay an annual fee to Central in order to ring fence any talent from T&T. Instead of paying £8 million for the next Kenwyne, they could have him for free, by investing, say, £50,000 per year.

I believe clubs in T&T drastically undersell themselves. They start to believe the negativity of the "fans" that downplay the standard of our league. I truly believe that most Pro League clubs can hold their own against English League 1 and 2 clubs and several SPL clubs. Many of our players are good enough for Europe if only there was a way in. We need to start testing ourselves against English League 1 and 2 clubs to check our progress.

One area we lack greatly is the development of talented kids into quality adults. 14,15 and 16 year olds don't need fitness or matches, they need specific positional coaching to hone their natural ability and add in positional, tactical, transitional, visual awareness, together with respect for the game, themselves and their team mates, staff and match officials.

Our players have to scramble to far away leagues to earn decent bucks because there is no system to open up a "trade route" to the European market.

We have to hold fast and not take the first deal offered to us. We were also close to a deal with Celtic, but if the deal is not right for us, then we'll step back until a club meets our terms. I believe by the start of the 2013/14 season Central F.C. will have several overseas partners, on our terms.

Again, this is not arrogance, but believe we know our value and we won't sell ourselves short.

FS Boca already have a complete structure in place, including facilities, academy facility, stadium, a legendary history, a league at every level for players to develop and are the top in Argentina. Its a win win investment. Investors are investing to make money, there is a return on their investment
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 06:13:24 PM »
yea but...how much Intercol titles dem kids from Boca and Barca win ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 08:24:55 PM »
Jai John we talk de same language...but to whom?  The only people to bring about change in Trinidad Football is people like us. Back in the day the people formed their own Federation.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 08:26:30 PM »
Big Magician ..InterCol is de way forward.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 07:49:11 AM »
Observer I would agree with this statement FS Boca already have a complete structure in place, including facilities, academy facility, stadium, a legendary history, a league at every level for players to develop and are the top in Argentina. Its a win win investment. Investors are investing to make money, there is a return on their investment if we were in USA where a coaching school could bring in good money.

But here we would have to take on a financial commitment that would cost more than our three youth teams cost. And that's without the additional expenses of paying for coaches, flights etc.

And of course, our main priority is to ensure we can cover the $2.5 million we need to survive each season.

Alternatively, if we're talking good investments, why don't Boca give us TT$500,000 per year to be their feeder club, send coaches, invite kids on trials and when they discover a Kenwyne Jones, they can sell him for TT$80 million. Now, that's a good investment, yes?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 07:51:11 AM »
Jai John we talk de same language...but to whom?  The only people to bring about change in Trinidad Football is people like us. Back in the day the people formed their own Federation.

Coache, you are welcome to come over to Central F.C. Pays not good, but then you appear to be more motivated by development. At least we're trying to bring changes, so with your help, perhaps we'll succeed?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 11:26:07 AM »

..." but to whom ? " That is exactly why I gave up on  any serious consideration to a youth development plan years ago. You can sing til the cows come home its same thing ...over and over again ...take the remnants of the last losing team and make them the foundation for your next team...
development ?? nah ... we have no time for that . We would not look at  our cricket team ...there was a time when our football team was way ahead of our cricket team ...not so now ! athletics is on the way up as well ...youth development plan, only works for other sports not football it would seem.

Yes folks would form a group of folks interested in football in the past ( like arthur Suite for example) but with the kind of problems facing the present executive and the hangers on who are likely to resist  any development plan , it would be a tall order... just like the fight down Suite encountered back then.

It is a shame though, for those of us who can see the talent coming from such a relatively small pool going to waste year after year.

If however there were to be formed such a group to change football in this country ...not an exchange but change... I would be willing to offer my two cents ..

I recently found out QRC is headed to England and Wales at $30,000 a player ( they scheduled this in the peak travelling season ???) ......what a waste ....trip to venezuela, to play in a youth tournament staying in the best hotel and even getting in a few coaching sessions would cost much less ...and the players can get so much more.

In venezuela ...7 mins away and nearer to Trinidad than Tobago is, there are coaches from Italy, Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina etc. facilitated by the associations of those communities .
Clubs from South america and Europe also go there for youth tournaments on an annual basis ...( like Ac milan, deportivo la coruna, etc. we eh find out dat yet ...with all dem scouts we have !
I remember asking Carlos valderrama about Colombia and he asked me about Trinidad and Tobago's team ...he felt we had a good chance of qualifying ..this was before we actually did in 2006. Seems others can see what we have while those in authority are so blind they will not see!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 11:33:54 AM »

Coache, you are welcome to come over to Central F.C. Pays not good, but then you appear to be more motivated by development. At least we're trying to bring changes, so with your help, perhaps we'll succeed?
You might have a point here ...this is exactly what Arthur Suite did ...he did not try to change the TTFA he started change with one club ...ASL ...he invested his money and then started a new league giving good football and bringing back the crowds ....he brought teams like corinthians(world champions today, Flamenco...arsenal...man united...etc...
But de fight down I referred to in another post is what killed him ....the TTFA got the servicemen banned so no Police, Army etc. in the league and that killed it ...also it was deemed a rebel league so foreign clubs did not want to be associated with it for fear of being banned .... which, by the way is exactly what will happen to your club if you choose to go this route ..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 11:53:16 AM »

I recently found out QRC is headed to England and Wales at $30,000 a player ( they scheduled this in the peak travelling season ???) ......what a waste ....trip to venezuela, to play in a youth tournament staying in the best hotel and even getting in a few coaching sessions would cost much less ...and the players can get so much more.

In venezuela ...7 mins away and nearer to Trinidad than Tobago is, there are coaches from Italy, Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina etc. facilitated by the associations of those communities .
Clubs from South america and Europe also go there for youth tournaments on an annual basis ...( like Ac milan, deportivo la coruna, etc. we eh find out dat yet ...with all dem scouts we have !I remember asking Carlos valderrama about Colombia and he asked me about Trinidad and Tobago's team ...he felt we had a good chance of qualifying ..this was before we actually did in 2006. Seems others can see what we have while those in authority are so blind they will not see!

Badabing badaboom.  :beermug:

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 03:50:02 PM »
just like the national crime epidemic, the issues of our football being in a state of stagnation is the result of many many factors...

For us to reach another WC, we need the perfect storm of a golden generation of footballers managed by a world class coach and glued together by the always necessary bit of luck.

Until we invest in a world class quality coach and give him time to develop his philosophy, we will always have the HEX as our ultimate goal. I am sure the football administrators know this, its just we cant come up with the $75,000US a month to get one of these quality coaches. So in the meantime we have to rely on the better locals to lead the team and HOPE for good things to happen.

The business community aint getting on board, because thats our culture - to jump in last minute. We just dont love football to that extent. But thats no surprise, everytime I go Argentina I see so many youths running in the midday sun building endurance along the roadways...Where u see that in Trinidad? And then we wonder why when we playing Mexico and Costa Rica their players look like Messi compared to our players who barely look like they culd trap a ball in the heat of a game.

Our football is a reflection of our society - both administrative and on the field. Look closely at Kenwyne Jones style of play for Stoke.

Saw this good article today on Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool and looking at their strategy to generate sustainable success aside from splashing out instant money - developing the philospohy on world football.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/tacticsandanalysis/id/1205?cc=5901

Our football barely has an identity. I remember the days when we walked over the US in 1994 in the stadium, Norway in the oval, Martinique in that 7-2 game, Canada and Panama in that semi final round or arguably even the way we approached the game in the 2001 Gold Cup... Nowadays, both our players and coaching staff are a level below those guys...No surprise we no longer can win the Caribbean Cup.

Everybody was shouting for years if we only get rid of Jack our football will take off. That man must be laughing so bad now,,

Spot on....but there are good people on the horizon who really want to change things....they are willing to put money where their mouths are as long as there is accountability...

1]; } ?>