March 29, 2024, 04:17:14 AM

Author Topic: Discussion: Which club would be the World's best if.........  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Discussion: Which club would be the World's best if.........
« on: April 17, 2013, 08:06:49 AM »
Which club would be the World's best if a rule was in place saying you can only sign players who came from a 30 mile radius of your home stadium?

I haven't thoroughly researched every team, but it seems to me that Barca, Real, Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc, while able to put out a team, would not be the dominant force that they are now.

Much like a country such as Wales, where extraordinary talent such as Ryan Giggs, and Ian Rush hail from, a club may unearth one or two local jewels, but never enough to win anything.

I mean, originally, Association Football pitted the best from one town against the next. Certain clubs would benefit if they had a nearby army base to draw from (particularly during times of National Service).

In those days, you could get an indication of where the best footballing talent came from.

Nowadays, clubs can sign players from anywhere so we have the situation where England (supposedly) has the strongest collection of clubs yet never win anything internationally. Maybe this year, domestic football will replicate international football with Germany proving that a strong domestic league doesn't necessarily weaken the national team.

I just wondered, because Pro League teams have a very small pool to draw from. Look at the area that Brazilian clubs can draw from or Argentinian clubs or even France and Germany. So when we say Brazil is the best, or Spain is the best, they have a player pool 100 times larger than T&T. Therefore, their domestic teams have advantages over teams from countries like T&T, Jamaica etc.

But if say, Caledonia had the top players born in T&T could they beat Man U or Real Madrid if they fielded only local players?

So when we measure T&T football against other nations, are we using the correct barometer? If we lose 3-0 to Mexico, is that actually bad? Would we still lose 3-0 if Mexico could only select from an area of the country with 1.3 million in it? (like a regional side)

T&T have a huge disadvantage, yet many supporters forget this when we play internationals. Peru is the Worlds 20th largest country and has 30 million people, so shouldn't they have beaten us 20-0?

So, maybe, per capita, T&T are actually better than Brazil???

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion: Which club would be the World's best if.........
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 08:21:44 AM »
what is your definition of "sign"?   would kids in the junior set up be included. i say this because barca for example would still have a good side.  barcelona is a nice city and i am sure a talented youth's family could be "persuaded" to move there so that the kid could be in the cantera.  my beloved arsenal has a fair few players that came through the ranks there as well. in the premiership alone it have men like jerome thomas, armand traore, bentley, bartley.  plus men like pennant, muamba

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 08:38:42 AM »
It doesn't matter about size of country or if you should keep home close players and this and that.

You have to get a good youth program and groom players mentally before they even kick a ball.

Central FC should invest in a academy and try and form a partnership with a top foreign club (and not just talk, but do it).

It will be expensive but worth every penny in the long run.

Its all about mentality and heart not location !!!

Our people have talent but no heart, from fans to players so to build anything you need to start from the grassroot level before they get spoilt by society and cell phones.

Getting parents involved is another key.

Everyone worried about having camps and this and that for players, why not have camps for parents and teach them the importance so they can pass it on.

They will help the players even when they are away from their clubs.

You should get Lincoln Phillips to do some seminars at Central FC involving parents and players.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 08:43:16 AM »
what is your definition of "sign"?   would kids in the junior set up be included. i say this because barca for example would still have a good side.  barcelona is a nice city and i am sure a talented youth's family could be "persuaded" to move there so that the kid could be in the cantera.  my beloved arsenal has a fair few players that came through the ranks there as well. in the premiership alone it have men like jerome thomas, armand traore, bentley, bartley.  plus men like pennant, muamba

I appreciate that clubs develop talent, but my point really is, where is the most talented location. Bringing in youths doesn't count in this instance, in fact I'd go as far as saying it's where YOU are born, not your parents or grandparents.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 08:46:23 AM »
It doesn't matter about size of country or if you should keep home close players and this and that.

You have to get a good youth program and groom players mentally before they even kick a ball.

Central FC should invest in a academy and try and form a partnership with a top foreign club (and not just talk, but do it).

It will be expensive but worth every penny in the long run.

Its all about mentality and heart not location !!!

Our people have talent but no heart, from fans to players so to build anything you need to start from the grassroot level before they get spoilt by society and cell phones.

Getting parents involved is another key.

Everyone worried about having camps and this and that for players, why not have camps for parents and teach them the importance so they can pass it on.

They will help the players even when they are away from their clubs.

You should get Lincoln Phillips to do some seminars at Central FC involving parents and players.

Sam I agree with a lot of your post in principle, but in reality, where the hell are we going to find the cash to build an academy, staff it with decent coaches etc and provide running costs? That is a major enterprise. Many clubs overseas do it because they have income from sponsors, TV, fans, transfers etc. As for the parents, some of them won't even meet with us to discuss their sons as it's simply not important enough to them!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 08:48:44 AM »
Bro, draw up a solid plan and meet with investors, its not impossible.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 08:57:37 AM »
Bro, draw up a solid plan and meet with investors, its not impossible.

Impossible is nothing lol. Yes mate, we have proposals in place. The reality is that such angel investors will probably need to come from outside. But, yeah, we're working on it.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 09:14:23 AM »
Let me jump in here.

Then have restrictions similar to school in the US where players are required certain things before signing- where parents have no choice but to participate even if its every 6 months.

You cannot give the power to the players you have to keep it at all times.

Make the situation where they have to rely on the club and not the other way around [alone].

Chaguanas is underdevelop when it comes to football and if Central really think outside of the box they could do big things not to mention the city itself wants to be knows, so now is the best time, there is also a lot of rich businessmen who will be more than willing to listen but you have to be better or equal to the task.

There is a lot of cane land in Central, buy some aces and slowly but surely you can build your academy, that alone would attract sponsors.

Build a business and call it Central FC Limited.

That should also get you help from the government and tax breaks.

Here is the US, small businesses get all sort of help.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:20:10 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 09:30:54 AM »
Let me jump in here.

Then have restrictions similar to school in the US where players are required certain things before signing- where parents have no choice but to participate even if its every 6 months.

You cannot give the power to the players you have to keep it at all times.

Make the situation where they have to rely on the club and not the other way around [alone].

Chaguanas is underdevelop when it comes to football and if Central really think outside of the box they could do big things not to mention the city itself wants to be knows, so now is the best time, there is also a lot of rich businessmen who will be more than willing to listen but you have to be better or equal to the task.

There is a lot of cane land in Central, buy some aces and slowly but surely you can build your academy, that alone would attract sponsors.

Build a business and call it Central FC Limited.

That should also get you help from the government and tax breaks.

Here is the US, small businesses get all sort of help.

Lots of good stuff here, Tallman! Yeah, the Caroni land looks, well, sweet! As you would have seen, we are reaching out in the communities, but its a slow process. All we really need is loads of money!! And remember, the Govt route is not available to Central F.C.....we don't even get the subvention!!

To be fair, there's loads we want to do, but finance is the problem. Meanwhile we have to continue to do things that cost little or no money to keep the momentum.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 09:56:20 AM »
FS, I am not Tallman !!!....

;D

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 09:58:25 AM »
No wonder Central FC suffering, they hire a blind Englishman to be their marketing manager.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 04:10:37 PM »
FS, I am not Tallman !!!....

;D

Sorry Flex, I did that one on the move!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 04:13:19 PM »
No wonder Central FC suffering, they hire a blind Englishman to be their marketing manager.

No wonder Jack suffering if his bottom kisser don't know squat!
Central F.C. has no marketing manager.....and I've never been hired by Central F.C. either!

1]; } ?>