March 28, 2024, 09:52:01 AM

Author Topic: 2013 NBA Playoffs Thread  (Read 26254 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 NBA Playoffs Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 09:07:46 PM »
Game 1 Chicago. Like they celebrate d MVP 2much
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 10:52:27 PM »
Double OT
I don't know how the Spurs ent loss this game twice already.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 10:57:51 PM »
44 points for Curry.
22 points in the 3rd qtr!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2013, 10:59:59 PM »
Manuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!

1.2 seconds left. Curry to finally kill the Spurs? Nope.

Spurs pull it out. 129 - 127

Warriors let them off the hook.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:04:28 PM by Bitter »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2013, 11:13:09 PM »
Mark Jackson got seriously out-coached during the 18-2 Spurs run that allowed them to even send the game into OT.  I never see so much shit offense in my life.  Pop smart... without Thompson on the floor there were no other shooters but Curry.  Yet Jackson had Curry bring the ball up time after time with Leonard guarding him.  Even if he manage to get past Leonard, Diaw and a bunch ah bigs clogging the lane making it hard for him to get off a shot or pass. 

Jackson rather go to Landry and Green as his bigs with Andrew Bogut on the bench.  Not only that, but decline to run a pick to free up Curry at the top of the arc... the bread and butter play that got him the 22 in the 3rd.  Bonehead coaching... until it was too late... he finally put the ball in Jack hand and he beat Parker off the dribble to score the Warriors last bucket in regulation and first in 1OT.  He also put Bogut in to run some screen and roll that allowed Barnes to hit a three to put them up 5... but they couldn't keep Parker out the paint.  Barnes then suffered a fatal brain fart on the last Spurs inbound play... just as he did by not covering Green at the end of regulation, allowing him to squeeze off the tying three.

All that without even getting to the questionable officiating during the Spurs run... reminiscent of the Boston comeback that almost was.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2013, 11:13:26 PM »
Ginobili have some balls to take that 3 when he had a pass for a layup.  Great game.
Curry hittin some unbelievable shots, that was nice to watch.

Miami come out rusty, that was the danger of being off for so long.  Nate Robinson is a bad man.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2013, 10:59:09 PM »
Way to bounce back by the Knicks... late but emphatic way to impose their will on the Pacers.  Some of the offensive woes still there and they kept the Pacers in the game despite a 21-6 edge in turnovers and a 32 to 6 edge in points scored off the 21 Pacer turnovers.  Somehow the Knicks manage to out rebound the Pacers and get more points in the paint, in fact exactly half of the Knicks points (52) came in the paint.  That's the blueprint they need for Game 3.  That they likely to get Stoudemire back should help.

Shumpert's dunk was ridiculous!!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uirM5sljfO8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uirM5sljfO8</a>

Out west... not really surprised by the OKC loss.  Memphis is tough and physical.  Zach Randolph getting away with murder under the rim.  But when he has the ball he dang near unstoppable... beastly!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:01:47 PM by Bakes »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2013, 08:38:23 PM »
Oh. Geed.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2013, 10:23:04 PM »
I expect significant fallout from that Miami-Chicago blowout tonight.  The officiating could only go up from here because tonight was as bad as it gets.  It seems like the refs just came out and decided that they were going to seize control of this one early, and instead just the opposite happened.  Officiating didn't cause Chicago to lose... certainly didn't cause them to get blown out, but it was very inconsistent. 

Nate Robinson made a big play on offense and time out was called (either by the Heat or it was a TV timeout).  On the way back to his bench he was very animated slapping hands with some of his teammates as they walked into the huddle... one of the officials (Scott Foster) literally followed him towards his bench and hit him with a 'T'... for some mysterious infraction.  Steve Kerr say they ask him what it was for, he tell them what Robinson was saying couldn't be repeated on TV.  Are you serious?? Ah man hyped up and cussing and hyping up he teammates, slapping hands with them... and you chase him down and hit him with a technical foul... during a timeout??  Never see that one before. 

The same ref later ejected both Noah and Gibson... but even them agreed that they deserved it at that point.  LeBron get hit with a one (double technical with Noah early), Wade get hit with one for throwing the ball at Bellinelli and Chalmers get hit with one (should have been a flagrant) for grabbing Noah around the neck on a screen... then getting in he face.  So in short... yeah, they called techs on Miami as well, but every one of the three were deserved.  Chicago had six technicals called on them... lol.

Series tied at 1.

Anyways... what a series the GS-San Antonio shaping up to be.  Everybody talking about Steph Curry, but man... Clay Thompson turning out to be the real deal.  Man was automatic in the first half with 29 pts, lighting up the Spurs from outside.  They almost choke this one away as well, but thankfully Jackson seemed to learn his lesson. 

Series tied at 1.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2013, 08:18:18 PM »
so my celtics out long time, i was taken up by the bulls resolve but they are about to get knocked out.  now i am taken up by memphis play in recent games.  i want to see the knicks do well but i read jr smith partying with rihanna.  he eh learn from chris brown that partying with her causes trouble.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2013, 09:31:36 PM »
Supposedly he was hanging out with she the night before one of the games... now he come down sick and Kenyon Martin starting to come down with de bug too.  Woody keep them out of practice just to make sure it eh spread... whatever it is.  Knicks eh have no answer for Indy inside, Hibbert and West is like Gasol and Randolph for Memphis... dem boy and dem is beast.

Miami end up making short work of Chicago tonight, and maybe for the series.  Was hoping they'd at least make them sweat like two seasons ago.  Meanwhile... Golden State is OKC from a couple years back.  They just need one more consistent scorer and for Bogut to take his game up a notch.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2013, 06:07:00 PM »
Gutless performance by the Knicks tonight in Indiana... down 32-48 at the half.  Seems like 'Melo and Felton are the only Knicks who made the trip tonight.  Can't hit our shots, and giving up too many second-chance shots to the Pacers.  Mystified by some of the calls against the Knicks, putting the Pacers in the penalty early in the second half... but we also commit some real idiot fouls at the same time. 

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2013, 10:29:19 AM »
Gutless performance by the Knicks tonight in Indiana... down 32-48 at the half.  Seems like 'Melo and Felton are the only Knicks who made the trip tonight.  Can't hit our shots, and giving up too many second-chance shots to the Pacers.  Mystified by some of the calls against the Knicks, putting the Pacers in the penalty early in the second half... but we also commit some real idiot fouls at the same time. 

This series is on Woodson. He keeps putting lineups with less and less scorers on the court. Chandler cannot create shots and Martin isn't significantly better in that regard. Jason Kidd has been terrible for 2 straight months. We basically playing 2 on 5 or 3 on 5 on one end of the court.

JR is obviously failing but the coach has to do something to help him out at this point. Six games in a row he is not responding well to the increasing pressure. 

Woodson was lucky enough to stumble onto a 13 game win streak when he was forced to give Pablo big minutes. You would think he'd be smart enough to at least give the man some playing time over the last 3 quarters last night. Especially after the role he played in the Knicks' only win of the series.

Indy got lots of easy buckets off offensive rebounds and still only scored 92 points. Game before they won comfortably scoring only 82 points.

And what is the point of having such a veteran team if they always getting thrown off their game easier than the other team?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2013, 04:13:53 PM »
This series is on Woodson. He keeps putting lineups with less and less scorers on the court. Chandler cannot create shots and Martin isn't significantly better in that regard. Jason Kidd has been terrible for 2 straight months. We basically playing 2 on 5 or 3 on 5 on one end of the court.

JR is obviously failing but the coach has to do something to help him out at this point. Six games in a row he is not responding well to the increasing pressure. 

Woodson was lucky enough to stumble onto a 13 game win streak when he was forced to give Pablo big minutes. You would think he'd be smart enough to at least give the man some playing time over the last 3 quarters last night. Especially after the role he played in the Knicks' only win of the series.

Indy got lots of easy buckets off offensive rebounds and still only scored 92 points. Game before they won comfortably scoring only 82 points.

And what is the point of having such a veteran team if they always getting thrown off their game easier than the other team?

Not sure how you putting this on Woodson... take a look at the Knicks roster and tell me which "scorers" you'd put into the game?  Reggie Miller showed his naivete as a commentator last night saying the following:

1) "Indiana is funnelling the ball into the middle to Hibbert and staying tight to the three point shooters. When the ball is kicked out the defenders are close enough to the shooters that they're being forced into rushed shots.  They need guys who can create their own shots."

2) "The Knicks need to get the shooters into the game such as Copeland and Novak"

Reconciling his two statements and it's clear he either doesn't know that he's talking about, or he's contradicting himself.  While I agree that both Novak and Copeland are superior shooters to Kidd, Shumpert and J.R. Smith... neither Novak or Copeland can create his own shot.  So if you put two spot up shooters in the game against an Indiana team that is denying the three... how effective would they be?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2013, 06:09:24 PM »
If Miami can't kill off Chicago tonight then they don't deserve to advance.
A depleted and demoralized team playing away against this Heat team should not have a chance in hell.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2013, 06:52:00 AM »

Not sure how you putting this on Woodson... take a look at the Knicks roster and tell me which "scorers" you'd put into the game?

Cope had 7 20+ games and 2 30+ games this season despite the fact that he only got 15mpg when he played. He featured in 56 games including 13 as a starter and on several occasions that he got big minutes Woodson followed up by saying he had to find more minutes for him. He got 20 points per 36 minutes (which trailed Melo and Stat and was just ahead of JR). So he would be the natural place to start. 

Prigioni is a superior scorer to Kidd, and even though he is a pass-first player he is enough of a threat that his decision-making allows him to get other players easier shots. Prior to last game the Knicks had outscored playoff opponents by 40 points when Pablo was on the floor and been outscored by 20 when he was off the floor. So that would be a guy you would expect to get more than 3 minutes. Kidd on the other hand is providing even less productivity than Mike Bibby was providing last year.

The evidence of the regular season was clearly that the team works best when Pablo and Kidd are splitting minutes fairly evenly.

neither Novak or Copeland can create his own shot.

True about Novak. Creating his own shot is Copeland's primary skill.

So if you put two spot up shooters in the game against an Indiana team that is denying the three... how effective would they be?

I don't know that I would necessarily play them both at the same time but right now we're playing a bigger lineup to match them on the boards, getting outrebounded anyway and then having nothing going on the offensive end. At least those guys would provide spacing and allow Ray and Melo to get into the paint or for Tyson to be more aggressive rolling to the basket after all those high picks.

This is a team that we split the season series with that is doing exactly what they did all season while we are doing the exact opposite of what we did to win 54 games. 

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2013, 07:05:02 AM »
And why exactly were the Knicks sending double-teams at David West and Ian Mahinmi?

I was just starting to accept that Chandler can't handle Hibbert, now this.

And if you're going to send a double-team make it a strong one so the man can't see the court. Men heding on West and Mahinmi then getting caught in no man's land when they kick it out for the open 3.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2013, 05:26:46 PM »
I agree with the excessive, unnecessary double-teaming in the post.

As for Copeland... I have seen roughly 60 of the 82 Knicks games, about 3/4 of the season.  Copeland isn't known for creating his own shot, he's more of a spot-up shooter, but yes, he can take his man off the dribble.  Being able to take a man off the dribble and being able to create is two different things... the latter requiring handles and an ability to finish at the rim or in traffic.  That's not Copeland.  I didn't necessarily mean playing both of them at the same time, that would be suicide... especially on defense.  I mean put either one in and the Pacers would have an edge.

Some trying to fault Woodson for playing the big lineup... but the Pacers winning because they getting more bites at the apple... they getting two shots to every Knick one.  Play like that and you guaranteed to lose.  So I understand the strategy, even if it didn't work.  As for Kidd over Pirgioni... I can't really defend that, Kidd knows how to settle the team down and get them to stick to the game plan, run the offensive sets.  Pablo brings a bit more energy and offense.  Again, I can't defend one over the other, but I understand it.

We NEED JR Smith tonight.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 05:28:44 PM by Bakes »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2013, 12:49:52 AM »
JR Smith is ah waste.  I eh even talking about de spotty shooting... de mental lapses and defensive indifference is what I cyah stand.  I can't stand Miami, but ah hope they punish these Pacers.  Bare complicity by the refs this series.  Phil Taylor from Phil Taylor from Sports Illustrated said it best

@SI_PhilTaylor@RealMikeWilbon Never seen a big man allowed as much contact while challenging shots as Hibbert was in this series.

34 fouls called on the Knicks tonight compared to 18 on the Pacers... almost twice as much.  18 FTs for the Knicks to 46 for the Pacers.  46!!

Only one team was fouling I guess.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2013, 09:56:42 AM »
knicks did well to comeback in the game but i think the momentum changed when hibbert blocked carmelo shot when the score was 92 all.

i dont like the pacers but i real hate the heat so i going with the pacers in the east finals.  however heat should take series in 5 or 6.

the west finals should be a tough battle of the teams with the best big men combo.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2013, 03:02:42 PM »
Let's see is Zebo and his boys can bounce back tonite...I'm supporting the Grizzlies

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2013, 09:01:43 PM »
Right now the Spurs making the Memphis Grizzlies look like the Vancouver Grizzlies.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2013, 09:45:10 PM »
Right now the Spurs making the Memphis Grizzlies look like the Vancouver Grizzlies.

Since I made this comment, the grizzlies come back from 18 down to tie the game. 18.2 seconds left.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2013, 10:33:57 PM »
Memphis gave it de ole college try... but dey eh worthy.  Can't hit a shot to save dey life.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2013, 10:45:28 PM »
Memphis gave it de ole college try... but dey eh worthy.  Can't hit a shot to save dey life.
Good thing I'm not a betting man....like Spurs is too much for the Grizz, those guys were dead tired in the fourth. They made the Spurs look young like the Warriors (GS not T&T).

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2013, 09:08:21 PM »
Hibbert is a real freakin giant boy.

This game is tight all game.

Oh gawd Paul George now pass the ball to his bench!!!!!  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 09:11:42 PM by Peong »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2013, 09:27:06 PM »
Gone to OT
Big shot by George at the end of regulation time.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2013, 10:03:08 PM »
Great game! Of course allyuh enjoyed it more becuz Miami won  :devil:
Real drama boy.  I couldn't believe got those three FTs and then hit them all.  Wow what a finish.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2013, 10:52:26 PM »
Real drama boy.  I couldn't believe got those three FTs and then hit them all.  Wow what a finish.
Fans got their monies worth

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2013, 11:35:27 PM »
Fans got their monies worth

Indiana matches up against well vs the Heat.
This should be fun.

1]; } ?>