March 28, 2024, 06:38:33 AM

Author Topic: 2013 NBA Playoffs Thread  (Read 26252 times)

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 NBA Playoffs Thread
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2013, 08:32:00 AM »
Spurs made an illegal substitution after Allen hit the three and the refs were reviewing it.
That would be a technical foul, free throws and possession, game would have probably ended in regular time.

On to tonight...Heat will take it, Spurs threw away the championship.

I still vex at Popovich's decisions. Benching Duncan.  Especially in the final play of the 4th.  Bosh get that rebound too easy to kick it out to Ray Ray
whey boy!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2013, 08:33:43 AM »
Spurs made an illegal substitution after Allen hit the three and the refs were reviewing it.
That would be a technical foul, free throws and possession, game would have probably ended in regular time.

On to tonight...Heat will take it, Spurs threw away the championship.

I still vex at Popovich's decisions. Benching Duncan.  Especially in the final play of the 4th.  Bosh get that rebound too easy to kick it out to Ray Ray

CO-SIGNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2013, 08:43:07 AM »
Heat wins... and I don't think it will be close.  I think Spurs come out early and look to get Ginobili going... him and Duncan.  I think the way Duncan disappeared in the second half has to concern Popovich, and I think it's not lost on him that Duncan was having his way with Bosh.  I think they look to get him off to spot them an early big lead again.  I also think he'll give a try to getting Ginobili going the way he did in Game 5. 

I don't think this would be lost on the Heat... if Spoelstra too inexperienced to recognize this (and if I can, I'm sure he can as well) then Riley go be in he ear.  I think the Heat will look to get Wade going, while reminding LeBron to look for his own opportunities early and often.  Neither of these teams have won two games in a row this series, but I see Miami bucking that trend tonight.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2013, 08:50:54 AM »
Heat wins... and I don't think it will be close.

I hearing this more and more.

If Spurs had more time off to rest, it might be a different story.
whey boy!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2013, 10:21:58 AM »
Spurs let the get slip out of their hands and Miami seized the moment. I really do not think the Spurs will be able to pull it off tonight, they blew their opportunity.

I will say this, if there's one team who can mentally prepared to play after such a devastating loss it's the Spurs led my Pop. Physically??? That's where my concern lies, not sure if they're recovered from that intense game 6.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2013, 11:14:13 AM »
Physically??? That's where my concern lies, not sure if they're recovered from that intense game 6.

Agreed Duncan shoot he wad too early....man was channeling Olajuwon last game, I eh think he have another one in his legs

Plus Tv stats say when Miami winning games ratings does be up 40% morethan when spurs winning
soo..ah flexin mih fashion
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2013, 11:49:30 AM »
Physically??? That's where my concern lies, not sure if they're recovered from that intense game 6.

Agreed Duncan shoot he wad too early....man was channeling Olajuwon last game, I eh think he have another one in his legs

Plus Tv stats say when Miami winning games ratings does be up 40% morethan when spurs winning

Now comin 2 ask if u dressin 4 2nites game?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2013, 04:03:12 PM »

Now comin 2 ask if u dressin 4 2nites game?
Yuh could rock dis wid yuh outfit

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2013, 09:34:17 PM »
I hope Manu settle his debts after this game.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2013, 09:49:00 PM »
Not one, not two...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2013, 09:51:49 PM »
That Lebron fella just ah tad bit average... ::)
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2013, 12:02:13 AM »

Manu put up 18 pts and 5 asts tonight, to go with 4 TOs.  Parker had 10 pts and 3 assists with LeBron in his ass.  Ginobili didn't lose this for the Spurs, though he catching the most heat.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2013, 07:18:04 AM »

Manu put up 18 pts and 5 asts tonight, to go with 4 TOs.  Parker had 10 pts and 3 assists with LeBron in his ass.  Ginobili didn't lose this for the Spurs, though he catching the most heat.

Duncan missed two high percentage shot around the basket near the end that he usually converts and the Heat were able to capitalize from that.

I was a good game game though, the Spurs played surprizingly well....Green IMO was the player who showed his inexperience with his blunders. The Heat was the better team on the night, kudos to them :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 21, 2013, 11:22:43 AM »

Duncan missed two high percentage shot around the basket near the end that he usually converts and the Heat were able to capitalize from that.

I was a good game game though, the Spurs played surprizingly well....Green IMO was the player who showed his inexperience with his blunders. The Heat was the better team on the night, kudos to them :beermug:

ESPN was running a stat where Green was shooting something ridiculous like 66% from 3-point range, but only 40% when contested.  Last night he was 1 for 12 from the field, 1 for 6 from deep.  And the one he made he was wide open after getting a loose ball and running to the left corner.  David Fizdale, the Miami assistant had been saying all along that most of Green's made shots were the results of mistakes on defense... and this game proved him right.  They really challenged Green, forcing him to put the ball on the floor.  Much like SA did to Ray Allen.  Allen had a couple turnovers, but he's also excelled over the years at putting the ball on the floor and hitting that little close-range bank shot.  Have to tip your hat to Miami the way they defended last night... overally holding the Spurs to 37.8% from the field, 31.6% from deep.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:24:39 AM by Bakes »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 21, 2013, 11:27:30 AM »

Good but not great heheh.

Congrats to all the long-time die-hard Heat fans like myself, supporting since 2010  :rotfl:

That was a great series.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 21, 2013, 11:33:08 AM »

Good but not great heheh.

Congrats to all the long-time die-hard Heat fans like myself, supporting since 2010  :rotfl:
That was a great series.

Dias de one thing I don't like about Miami, the most fairweather fans in the NBA lol....I give them props for staying till the end of last nihts game though :applause:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 21, 2013, 12:27:48 PM »
Dias de one thing I don't like about Miami, the most fairweather fans in the NBA lol....I give them props for staying till the end of last nihts game though :applause:

Not just de NBA, that is de Miami fan base in general... why yuh think de Fusion MLS side fold and de MLB Marlins always in trouble?  The Dolphins are the only consistent professional draw down there.  Maybe now the Heat as well.  The diehard sports fans can't afford to go to live events and those with the money fickle.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 21, 2013, 01:34:12 PM »

Not just de NBA, that is de Miami fan base in general... why yuh think de Fusion MLS side fold and de MLB Marlins always in trouble?  The Dolphins are the only consistent professional draw down there.  Maybe now the Heat as well.  The diehard sports fans can't afford to go to live events and those with the money fickle.

Too many immigrants who don't care about American sports.  The MLS side was unsuccessful becuz the immigrants spit upon yankee soccer, like a lot of people here do.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 21, 2013, 02:25:08 PM »
So they don't care enough to see basketball games with the BIG 3, King James??? I've seen many games where the seats is like half filled but when Miami goes on the road the arenas are completely sold out.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2013, 03:27:59 PM »
Anybody complaining about fair-weather fans is just bitter because of jealousy or some kinda idleness.  It really shouldn't bother anyone enough to comment.
Any team that Lebron James joined was going to get thousands of new fans, not just in Miami but all over the world.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 03:38:56 PM by Peong »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2013, 08:04:51 PM »
Anybody complaining about fair-weather fans is just bitter because of jealousy or some kinda idleness.  It really shouldn't bother anyone enough to comment.
Any team that Lebron James joined was going to get thousands of new fans, not just in Miami but all over the world.

That's nonsense.  Bandwagon fans irritate all diehard fans... even here on the forum it used to have a setta "waggonist" talk.  It is particularly irritating when some Heat fans want to carry on about the team when it obvious they really not that passionate about the team... or even the game.  I rooted for the Heat but me eh no Heat fan.  Having seen the way some of these Heat fans carry on they deserve to get called out.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2013, 08:37:07 PM »

That's nonsense.  Bandwagon fans irritate all diehard fans... even here on the forum it used to have a setta "waggonist" talk.  It is particularly irritating when some Heat fans want to carry on about the team when it obvious they really not that passionate about the team... or even the game.  I rooted for the Heat but me eh no Heat fan.  Having seen the way some of these Heat fans carry on they deserve to get called out.

can't stand them..they are lebron or maybe d wade fans (ain't nobody like bosh, sorry).  as soon as king james leaves south beach (nex 2 seasons max) u will hear them.   one of my fellow knicks fans put up a pic of some heat player from back in the day on his instagram and ask heat fans to tell him who it is...since last week i ent see one of them answer...steups

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2013, 10:20:38 PM »
can't stand them..they are lebron or maybe d wade fans (ain't nobody like bosh, sorry).  as soon as king james leaves south beach (nex 2 seasons max) u will hear them.   one of my fellow knicks fans put up a pic of some heat player from back in the day on his instagram and ask heat fans to tell him who it is...since last week i ent see one of them answer...steups

LOL.. that one making de rounds.  Even I as a diehard hoop fan coulda only get two outta three on first try though.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 21, 2013, 10:57:24 PM »

People can be passionate about their city though.
I'm a bandwagon fan. I didn't watch much before 2010.  I live here in Miami and I reserve the right to enjoy the play of any local team, or anything Miamian, at any point in time that I choose. If that irritates someone that is damn funny to me, and I feel a little sorry for them.

There are people who don't live in Miami and never followed the team and now pretend that they did, maybe that category of fan is what bothers people the most.

What's wrong with being a lebron or wade fan?  To back lebron or wade you MUST also be a Heat fan?
I doh get that one.

So what yall think about when Miami travels and the locals show up in Heat gear?  That is real kicks.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 22, 2013, 11:28:32 AM »
I'm a bandwagon fan. I didn't watch much before 2010.  I live here in Miami and I reserve the right to enjoy the play of any local team, or anything Miamian, at any point in time that I choose. If that irritates someone that is damn funny to me, and I feel a little sorry for them.

There are people who don't live in Miami and never followed the team and now pretend that they did, maybe that category of fan is what bothers people the most.

If you know it doh apply to you why yuh beating up yuhself?

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 22, 2013, 11:42:16 AM »
Peong, If yuh go to victory parade on Monday (don't take no backpack) and yuh see Supa and De Enterprise, ask him/them if they abandon we... ;D
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 22, 2013, 01:36:58 PM »

If you know it doh apply to you why yuh beating up yuhself?

Who beating up?  This stuff amuses me to no end.

1]; } ?>