March 29, 2024, 12:03:53 AM

Author Topic: CONCACAF will pay TTFF debt to the T&T players.  (Read 12265 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF will pay TTFF debt to the T&T players.
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2013, 05:34:54 PM »
Let me know when the cheque clear. Until then I like doubting Thomas.
Sttuueepppsssssssssss!!!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2013, 06:58:57 PM »
Why don't de people of Trinidad ask Jack Warner why he wants to go work for them for just 50 cents a year?
Why is his desire to work for 50cents so strong?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2013, 08:25:12 AM »
Let me know when the cheque clear. Until then I like doubting Thomas.
Sttuueepppsssssssssss!!!!!

U could steupssssss how much u want until I hear the check clear is still a wim and a prayer.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2013, 08:38:28 AM »
The saga does not end with de payment tuh de players. We still want tuh know whey de money gone!
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2013, 08:40:44 AM »
The saga does not end with de payment tuh de players. We still want tuh know whey de money gone!

We know where it went is what we doing about the person who use the money.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2013, 08:59:33 AM »
Tallman, that money went into Kamla's election campaign.

;D

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2013, 10:28:06 AM »

;D

Dog bites Man.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2013, 01:41:44 PM »

;D

a mere pittance went in dat

Any body ever do a wild specualtion as to how much money da fellah and he sons teef in total?
Foreign sponsors, Local sponsors, FIFA,CONCACAF, Broadcast Rights, Government.....ah sure ah forget ah couple revenue streams that he damn like ah beaver
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2013, 04:52:20 AM »
Ent de fellas supposed to get their money this week?  Well we have two more business days before the week is out soooo....I still holding off on celebrations.......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFF and '06 players settle World Cup case.
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2013, 03:28:42 PM »
TTFF and '06 players settle World Cup case.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation is today pleased to officially announce that it has reached an agreement with the thirteen members of the 2006 World Cup Squad on a matter that has been ongoing for just around seven years.

The Federation today can confirm the court order was fully executed and further details will be disclosed at a Press Conference on Friday at which TTFF officials and representatives of the thirteen players will be present.

TTFF President Raymond Tim Kee confirmed “We are quite pleased today to announce that we have reached an agreement and that the court order was fully executed. This is a major hurdle that has been crossed.  While we are delighted to have reached a settlement, this goes far beyond just a settlement. We felt it was important to begin a period of reconciliation and collaborative efforts in our thrust forward for football in Trinidad and Tobago,” Tim Kee stated.

Shaka Hislop, who  was one of the individuals pivotal throughout the case, expressed a deep sense of relief and satisfaction in his reaction today.

“My initial reaction is to simply breathe a huge sigh of relief and a sense of accomplishment,” Hislop told TTFF Media this afternoon.

“When we set out on this 'journey' we had NO idea where it would take, or what was at stake. All we knew was we were entitled to more than the TT$5,000 on offer. And for that we were, and even now, subject to the most distasteful character assassinations. We did nothing to deserve that.”

“For Trinidad and Tobago’s footballing future, players and administrators alike, a precedent has been set. One that I think will give the players a better footing in the game going forward, and one that gives the administrators of the present and the future a framework of mutual respect to build from,” Hislop continued.

The current ESPN analyst stated that finally the players feel a sense of acknowledgement.

“To the thirteen players it means an acknowledgement that we were right to stand our ground, stand for what we believed was just. For far too long we felt that players had been taken advantage of, and at some point someone had to make a sacrifice in making a stand that would benefit future footballers. No team before us had that opportunity or ability, an ability we earned in qualifying for the World Cup. I've always said that with success comes responsibility, and that responsibility had fallen to us, rightly or wrongly. Whichever way we had to respect it.”

The former West Ham United and Newcastle United custodian who was outstanding in T&T’s 0-0 draw with Sweden in Dortmund almost seven years ago, paid tribute to President Raymond Tim Kee and his team at the TTFF for their efforts in reaching this settlement.

“Ever since Mr. Tim Kee and Sheldon Phillips (General Secretary) engaged us in constructive dialogue things moved very quickly from there,” Hislop said.

“I've known, trusted and respected Sheldon for a long time, but this was my first meaningful interaction, certainly of this nature, with Raymond Tim Kee.  They have been professional and true to their every word throughout. I honestly cannot say when last I have felt comfortable and as confident with anyone in football administration anywhere as I did with them over the last 3 months. Between them I feel confident that they will give their all to the betterment of the game in T&T. They are not in this for themselves,” Hislop stated.

Pleased be advised that an official invitation for Friday’s Press Conference will be extended tomorrow (Thursday) with the relevant details.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:31:45 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF and '06 players settle World Cup case.
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2013, 03:30:43 PM »
Good now let we find the rest of the money so the people of Trinidad and Tobago could settle we case too!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2013, 04:15:38 PM »
could settle we case too!

Which case is that ?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2013, 04:59:55 PM »
could settle we case too!

Which case is that ?

I imagine its the case of the missing $100 million that disappeared into LOC2006 and was meant to fund football development for the next decade.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2013, 06:04:03 PM »
Ah still eh breaking out de champagne until the cheque is cleared....but this is really, really, really fantastic news!!!!

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2013, 06:09:01 PM »
“I've known, trusted and respected Sheldon for a long time, but this was my first meaningful interaction, certainly of this nature, with Raymond Tim Kee.  They have been professional and true to their every word throughout. I honestly cannot say when last I have felt comfortable and as confident with anyone in football administration anywhere as I did with them over the last 3 months. Between them I feel confident that they will give their all to the betterment of the game in T&T. They are not in this for themselves,” Hislop stated.

Amen.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2013, 07:47:57 PM »
Well congratulations guys. I'm just really sorry it took so damn long. And hopefully a precedence is set and another move to organize FPATT is in the works.

And yeah we still need to find out why a la Robert Palmer 'she's so fine'...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2013, 08:39:14 PM »
Well congratulations guys. I'm just really sorry it took so damn long. And hopefully a precedence is set and another move to organize FPATT is in the works.

Eman we need to  :applause: :thumbsup: :cheers: :cheers: u your thread made this possible as to how much money was received.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2013, 08:45:05 PM »
Ah still eh breaking out de champagne until the cheque is cleared....but this is really, really, really fantastic news!!!!

Ent b4 I strt 2 swing from the chandler and do cartwheels.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2013, 08:46:07 PM »
congrats to  shaka hislop , brent sancho , their '06 teammates, not forgetting  the legal team  who worked tirelessly on behalf of the players , a job well done ...  kudos to richard tim kee also for bringing an end to the saga .... may an atmosphere of  goodwill for the overall advancement of football in all of trinidad and tobago  be the key from this day forward ...... !!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2013, 08:49:43 PM »

Eman we need to  :applause: :thumbsup: :cheers: :cheers: u your thread made this possible as to how much money was received.

It wasn't just me, redtrini girl, truetrini and tallman and others put together quite a bit there.
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28714.0
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28701.0

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2013, 09:05:17 PM »

It wasn't just me, redtrini girl, truetrini and tallman and others put together quite a bit there.
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28714.0
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28701.0

:beermug: to everybody who on this site who made this possible.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2013, 09:29:39 PM »
should I say Amen now? or wait until Friday.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2013, 09:39:04 PM »
should I say Amen now? or wait until Friday.

Say A leave d men 4 Friday.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2013, 03:50:47 PM »
Lasana wrote: Final hiccup? Warriors still await settlement money as both parties disagree over TTFF release.

Fuentes reply: Exuberant or not...I will still share a drink with Shaka when he gets here on Monday... and i quote him : "Court Order has been fully executed, happy to sing like a bird now! Feel free to drop me a line to discuss/do an interview if you like" end of quote.

A few hours to await money transfer from one account to another is a lot less than seven years.

SOURCE: facebook.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2013, 10:47:00 PM »
Anybody stop to ask WHY Con paying this debt for the TTFF.

Well now everybody go hee and haw about how Warner get ppl money. The TTFF will do nothing. The Ministry of Sport will do nothing - and about a hundred million TT or more just frigg off.

VB
My sentiments exactly. So if Con wants to pay and move on, then the TTFF should abide unless a stipulation is that "we front de funds like Jack use to, now go get it back from Jack" In which case, I've done collections for years (DIR of OPs)and I will take a wok on dat project!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2013, 02:46:28 AM »
‘Warriors’ to be paid over 2-3 years
By STEPHON NICHOLAS (Newsday).

The 13 members of the 2006 Soca Warriors team who were embroiled in a legal battle with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) will not receive their bonus money in a lump sum payment. Instead, the former players will be paid in tranches over a 2-3 year period.

The payment will bring to an end seven years of wrangling in the court after a promise was made by former TTFF Special Adviser Jack Warner to pay the players 50 percent of World Cup proceeds.

Some players settled privately with the TTFF but Shaka Hislop, Brent Sancho, Cyd Gray, Kenwyne Jones, Anthony Wolfe, Stern John, Cornell Glen, Kelvin Jack, Aurtis Whitley, Avery John, Collin Samuel, David Atiba Charles and Evans Wise did not.

Speaking with Newsday yesterday, Sancho, a former national defender, explained that he was surprised to see the TTFF issue a press release on Wednesday stating that they “can confirm the court order was fully executed” when there were still some procedural matters to complete.

The TTFF on Wednesday promised to hold a press conference today to reveal details concerning the settlement with the players.

Meanwhile, Sancho expressed relief that the guys are finally getting paid after a seven-year battle in the courts.

He noted, however, that the money will only go a little way in easing some of the hurdles they have gone through.

“From a financial perspective, it’s good that the guys are getting paid but after seven years there are legal feels to be paid and some of the players would have lost a part of their career taking up the case (due to the blacklisting of players),” Sancho explained.

He revealed that he still feels disappointed about the whole scenario as they have had their names sullied and accused of being greedy.

“Our names have been bantered about in the political arena, we’ve been ignored by the Prime Minister and certain parts of the media. We’ve also lost a generation of footballers,” he added.

Looking to the future, Sancho declared that although their legal battle with the TTFF has come to a conclusion under the helm of new president Raymond Tim Kee, he will not give him a free pass during his reign and will still speak out in support of accountability, integrity and putting football first.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2013, 07:01:27 AM »
7 years....such a long battle. Guys congrats, y'all have won the war. This process has highlightened the fact that in 2013 TnT is still a 3rd world country because of out leadets ATTITUDES. They give a fella ah mill easy, house and land, school and town name after him for being able to throw ah coconut far...but men that battle over and over on de field for 90 mins + hada salt...

These group has demonstrated yet again the spirit of true warriors! Big up...bartendertall scotch on de rocks   
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2013, 07:54:51 AM »
Respect Sancho. . .may your tribe increase. . .T&T has hope because of men like you
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2013, 08:34:40 AM »
As I said in the past, they will not get a red cent from Jack !!!

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2013, 09:56:28 AM »
As I said in the past, they will not get a red cent from Jack !!!

Ahem.....I know its really dull and boring, but if you listen to your boyfriends speeches, Jack has stated that he paid the $7 million interim payment. Admittedly, I'm not sure if it was in red cents, probably was a cheque, but he paid none the less.

And I think I recall you murmuring something about the players will never win the case, they'll never get paid, Jack would never let them win, Jack will never fall blah-de-blah.

Yet here we are, Jack unemployed, all kind of allegations being investigated and the players planning a lime in Tobago.

Funny old world ent. Who would have thought justice would prevail?

1]; } ?>