March 28, 2024, 04:36:49 AM

Author Topic: CONCACAF will pay TTFF debt to the T&T players.  (Read 12260 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
CONCACAF will pay TTFF debt to the T&T players.
« on: April 19, 2013, 04:51:31 PM »
CNC3TV (@CNC3TV) tweeted at 6:10 PM on Fri, Apr 19, 2013:
RT @khamal: Raymond Tim Kee confirms CONCACAF will pay TTFF debt to players @CNC3TV

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF will pay TTFF debt to the T&T players.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 04:53:13 PM »
what a joke so jack get away with millions  cause Tim kee has no interest in going after him for it

Why should Tim Kee go after Warner for the 2006 Warriors ?

That is not his fight.

Ah glad they getting they money but you cannot expect a next man to fight for them.

What Tim Kee getting out of this ?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 04:55:42 PM »
what a joke so jack get away with millions  cause Tim kee has no interest in going after him for it

That is not his fight.

Ah glad they getting they money but you cannot expect a next man to fight for them.

I'm not sure I agree, Sam. If this will then be a debt for TTFF, they should go after the missing millions. Also, a lot of the missing money belongs to TTFF and is much needed to rebuild our football. And if they decide not to, then there should be repercussions against Tim-Kee.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 04:56:44 PM »

That is not his fight.

I'm not sure I agree, Sam. If this will then be a debt for TTFF, they should go after the missing millions. Also, a lot of the missing money belongs to TTFF and is much needed to rebuild our football. And if they decide not to, then there should be repercussions against Tim-Kee.

Now this making more sense.

Then Tim Kee turning out to be a bigger ass kisser than I thought.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 05:17:51 PM »
Anybody stop to ask WHY Con paying this debt for the TTFF.

Well now everybody go hee and haw about how Warner get ppl money. The TTFF will do nothing. The Ministry of Sport will do nothing - and about a hundred million TT or more just frigg off.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 05:24:23 PM »
Probably if the pnm was in power. PP ain't doing nothing
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 05:43:42 PM »
Anybody stop to ask WHY Con paying this debt for the TTFF.

Well now everybody go hee and haw about how Warner get ppl money. The TTFF will do nothing. The Ministry of Sport will do nothing - and about a hundred million TT or more just frigg off.

VB

I imagine that Tim-Kee appealed to CFU/CONCACAF/FIFA to save TTFF from bankruptcy by loaning some money to pay the players. Maybe, CFU/CONCACAF/FIFA agreed on the condition that TTFF pursue Warner for the missing money and/or assist CFU/CONCACAF/FIFA in providing evidence against Warner.

It certainly seems like FIFA are going after Jack and Chuck so maybe thats behind everything???

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 05:53:59 PM »
Cannot please allyuh at all.

The players were threatening to shut down T&T football.   The matter is in the courts forever about the players money.

Tim Kee getting a way to settle and the players (according to him) are happy about the arrangement.

Any money the TTFF got would have gone to the players anyway.

The Ministry of Sport were instructed by jack NOT to render assistane to the T^FF.

The tech nical staff and the current players were just 3 weeks ago threatening to strike over match fees.

If Tim Kee can get cash to pay off the players and save we football as it stands eny dat is a good thing?

Where does he turn?  The courts?  Nope!  No help there, tham PP judges eh doing Jack ah damn thing.

THe Government?  steups!

Minister of WhaaaaaT.  Bigger ass steups.

So what then?

Take Jack to court and get delayed and fought down for the next 10-12 years//meanwhile nothing for football?

STEUPS!

Look how long the players fighting for their money....they ahve won abtles time aftrer time in 3 different courts adn not a damn cent.

NOW?   Tim Kee deserve ah f**king medal if he can pay them off.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »
Who cares bro.

Why should the current TTFF pay for what Jack Warner did. and now they walk free.

But what FS say make sense, Tim Kee need to go after Jack for the federation benefit not the players.

If Sancho and company want to shut down the TTFF because of something someones else did then they have to live with that.

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 06:01:28 PM »
Who cares bro.

Why should the current TTFF pay for what Jack Warner did. and now they walk free.

But what FS say make sense, Tim Kee need to go after Jack for the federation benefit not the players.

If Sancho and company want to shut down the TTFF because of something someones else did then they have to live with that.

I did not expect you to deviate..nor did I expect you to agree.

The football must continue on the field and this is the only way.  If Tim Kee goes after Jack ...and he shluld, who says he is not....If he were to go after Jack now and NOT pay the players, it would take years to get any resolution...years in the meantime all football will end....that makes no sense...none at all.

If Tim Kee were to go after Jack what ever little money coming into the TFF will dry up as NO T&T Government Ministry would support them then, where will they find money to pay legal fees?  Send teams abroad< Hold trials clinics etc? pay staff, pay bills, rent etc?

Jack would drag it thriugh the courts for as long as possible...

« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 06:03:31 PM by GTFOOHWDBSA »

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 06:05:59 PM »
Now the burning question remains, can concacaf/fifa now by its findings as confirmed today  claim recovery of monies with regards to the centre of excellence..????  or is it a situation where by jack warner can say ( stammering allyuh geegeeh meh the 22 .something  plus plus plus milliiiion u.s dollars already  get to f...k off my land )...  what a messed up scenario ... !!! 

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 10:48:25 PM »
This is a bogus story. CONCACAF did not make the agreement with the players, Jackarse did. Correct me if I am wrong.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 11:36:36 PM »
This is a bogus story. CONCACAF did not make the agreement with the players, Jackarse did. Correct me if I am wrong.

It's not bogus, KD, CONCACAF will try to keep TTFF afloat so they can gather evidence to bring Jack and Chuck down. It's just horsetrading. Pay off the players, hold off bankruptcy in return for all the dirt they can provide to bury the dastardly duo and recover the CoE.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 11:48:08 PM »
Probably if the pnm was in power. PP ain't doing nothing
Most of the players money probably went towards the PP's election campaign so they eh going to do nothing about getting Warner to pay the missing money back to the TTFF.
Allyuh feel this government really care about sport in T&T and appreciate all the exposure our Soca Warriors got us by making the 2006 World Cup?
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 04:14:48 AM »
TTFF to pay Soca Warriors
...after more than six years of legal wrangling
By Kern De Freitas (Express).

It seems that a convoluted and frustrating journey for the 13 Soca Warriors embroiled in a legal battle with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) for the better part of seven years is finally coming to an end.

Within the next two weeks the matter should be formally settled, with the Federation expected to hand over a cheque to the players. The sum of the payment has not been disclosed, and it is not known whether the payment will in fact be in full, or merely an installment.

TTFF president Raymond Tim Kee, who is currently in the US, yesterday confirmed to the Express by phone that the Federation will be issuing a payment soon to the players.

“I can’t disclose the figure, but I can tell you that both parties are comfortable,” said Tim Kee.

Asked whether he had gotten a pledge of assistance from CONCACAF at last week’s XXVIII Ordinary Congress in Panama City, Panama, Tim Kee said the Federation’s financial situation was “no different from how it was for the last two years. But we have to see what we can do at this end.”

It is also not clear how the cash-strapped TTFF will be able to afford the payment. But the TTFF head has placed great importance on settling with the players.

“The singular focus now is on the money for the 2006 players and everything else is secondary,” he said.

Brent Sancho, who has been the most vocal among the 13 players in their battle, described his conversations with Tim Kee as “quite positive”, and is hoping to bring the matter to a swift close.

Read More

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 04:52:27 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 08:42:58 AM »
That directive to pay up came from FIFA.  Remember Tim Kee's recent visit to Blatter?  It was to broker this deal.  My conviction.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 08:48:52 AM »
That directive to pay up came from FIFA.  Remember Tim Kee's recent visit to Blatter?  It was to broker this deal.  My conviction.

Yep if the players had put the TTFF into receivership Sepp and them business would have been exposed more.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 08:49:25 AM »

I concur. Also, in an elliptical way, I think his comments suggested as much.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 10:00:36 AM »
That is far from the case. If Blatter and co. were concerned about the airing of their dirty laundry, the CONCACAF Integrity Committee Report would not have been as scathing and promising further action. FIFA is, in fact, incentivized to see football thrive in T&T to further embarrass Jack. So, it will be up to Tim Kee to leverage the moment. The fact that he had been meeting with the players before the CONCACAF report came out should also be considered. IMHO, the man should be getting a bit more credit for his efforts.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 11:28:23 AM »
I think around 2.9 Mil. is the payout
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 11:37:14 AM »
That is far from the case. If Blatter and co. were concerned about the airing of their dirty laundry, the CONCACAF Integrity Committee Report would not have been as scathing and promising further action. FIFA is, in fact, incentivized to see football thrive in T&T to further embarrass Jack. So, it will be up to Tim Kee to leverage the moment. The fact that he had been meeting with the players before the CONCACAF report came out should also be considered. IMHO, the man should be getting a bit more credit for his efforts.

I don't view what Tenor has stated as being inconsistent with what you have stated.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 11:41:44 AM »

2.9 million what Tt/Us each to be shared?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 12:03:13 PM »

I don't view what Tenor has stated as being inconsistent with what you have stated.

That's because you're not paying attention to what's being said.  The difference is in where the two credit the impetus.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 12:21:19 PM »

This is an unconfirmed figure, its in U.S

Per player? Or to be shared?

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 12:24:42 PM »

This is an unconfirmed figure,$2.9 Mil U.S total to be shared
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »

This is an unconfirmed figure,$2.9 Mil U.S total to be shared

k

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2013, 03:21:48 PM »

That's because you're not paying attention to what's being said.  The difference is in where the two credit the impetus.
:beermug:

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Money This Week
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2013, 05:59:06 AM »
Soca Warriors to finally get paid by TTFF.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

MONEY THIS WEEK

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) will this week pay out an undisclosed sum to 13 member of the 2006 World Cup football team, thus ending a protracted seven-year bonus dispute.

Responding to enquiries, player representative Brent Sancho told the Express that he was informed that the TTFF will hold an official media conference this week announcing payment. Sancho was especially thankful to new TTFF president Raymond Tim Kee for bringing the issue to a final resolution.

“It was something that he (Tim Kee) said he was going to do and I have to thank him for keeping his word,” Sancho said. “I think getting this issue resolved also paved the way for the TTFF going forward”.

When he came into office in November 2012, Tim Kee acknowledged there was a debt to be paid to the players, and that he would make all efforts to settle it, even if it meant taking a loan from football governing body FIFA, or the Confederation of Caribbean, North and Central American Football Association (CONCACAF) which governs the sport in the region.

Yesterday, a high-ranking TTFF source confirmed that payment was ready. It was revealed that the funds were made available recently and that all that was needed was a “payee to whom the cheque should be addressed. That was done in the last two days,” the source said.

Commenting on the benefit of the agreement to the game, Sancho said: “This settlement is also important to the development of the current national football team with the CONCACAF Gold Cup just around the corner.

Read More

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:23:35 AM by Flex »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Money This Week
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2013, 06:10:06 AM »
Let me know when the cheque clear. Until then I like doubting Thomas.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2013, 01:03:03 PM »
It is time to clear up the bad debts before more dirt gets raised on the issue.

FIFA wants to put this behind them.

Now that the report is done on Jack they want to more forward.

1]; } ?>