March 28, 2024, 04:52:09 PM

Author Topic: Luis Suárez deserve a thread.  (Read 30127 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Luis Suárez deserve a thread.
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2013, 08:27:47 AM »
The issue that really at play here is the fact that he has a track record of indiscretions.

The problem with the penalty is that if you try to equate it with anything else it seems wrong.

I think he got 7 with Ajax for the bite. 8 for the Evra issue. Now he's gotten 10 because of those past two incidents.

Problem is....some people skewing it now to say that the penalty for biting someone is harsher than alleged racial abuse.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2013, 10:09:39 AM »
The issue that really at play here is the fact that he has a track record of indiscretions.

and I would dare to offer that that would even include the indiscretions that may have also gone unpunished.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2013, 10:20:06 AM »
I saw this on the UK Guardian today:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2013, 10:22:18 AM »

hahahaha ;D :rotfl:
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2013, 01:30:58 PM »
His ban should include playing for Uruguay as well. This way he will think hard for a minute because obviously he did not learn from his first incident.

How would you enforce that?  FIFA has next to no say on matters involving League penalties.  This was a non-FIFA match, what would give FIFA jurisdiction to hand down an international suspension?

The problem with the penalty is that if you try to equate it with anything else it seems wrong.

I think he got 7 with Ajax for the bite. 8 for the Evra issue. Now he's gotten 10 because of those past two incidents.

Problem is....some people skewing it now to say that the penalty for biting someone is harsher than alleged racial abuse.

For the purpose of this disciplinary action the only "indiscretions" he has is the Evra incident and the admission of diving.  His prior conduct in Holland cannot be factored into any discipline.  If not, where would you draw the line?  Would you go back and review his disciplinary record while playing in the Uruguayan league?  What about Academy football?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2013, 03:43:02 PM »
FA publishes reasons for Suarez ban...

"The Commisson did not take into account that no further action was taken against Jermain Defoe in 2006, and instead used the case of Brighton's Ashley Barnes, banned for a total of seven games for tripping up a referee, to judge the length of Suarez's ban."

"But when these were read in conjunction with Mr Suarez's denial of the standard punishment that would otherwise apply for violent conduct is clearly insufficient, it seemed to us that Mr Suarez has not fully appreciated the gravity and seriousness of this truly exceptional incident.''

Like I said... arbitrary.  You don't use a similar offense by which to gauge punishment, although that is somewhat understandable... you don't use some other incident related to violent conduct, but instead use an incident involving a player and a referee.  Makes no sense.  The kicker is that they insist that this biting incident is "truly exceptional" completely ignoring the fact that it has happened in the PL before... the irony of them overlooking the DeFoe situation apparently being lost on them.

giggsy11

« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2013, 03:58:02 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

giggsy11

« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2013, 04:02:19 PM »
Liverstool and dey fans acting rell desperate in deh defense of Saurez. Like dey fraid he will leave and dat dey wouldn't be able tuh attract another star player.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2013, 04:24:21 PM »

"The Commisson did not take into account that no further action was taken against Jermain Defoe in 2006, and instead used the case of Brighton's Ashley Barnes, banned for a total of seven games for tripping up a referee, to judge the length of Suarez's ban."

"But when these were read in conjunction with Mr Suarez's denial of the standard punishment that would otherwise apply for violent conduct is clearly insufficient, it seemed to us that Mr Suarez has not fully appreciated the gravity and seriousness of this truly exceptional incident.''

Like I said... arbitrary.  You don't use a similar offense by which to gauge punishment, although that is somewhat understandable... you don't use some other incident related to violent conduct, but instead use an incident involving a player and a referee.  Makes no sense.  The kicker is that they insist that this biting incident is "truly exceptional" completely ignoring the fact that it has happened in the PL before... the irony of them overlooking the DeFoe situation apparently being lost on them.

They are not overlooking the DeFoe incident, htey handled it the only way they could. If in the history of the league, whether it be the PL or going back to the days of First Division, it has only happened no more than 3 times or so, I would say that gives it some degree of "exceptionalability" so please stop trying to defend suarez and vilify the FA to the nth degree.  He got off lightly just for being the prick that he is....something you should be able to identify with from some aspect or another.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/6076094.stm

The Football Association will take no action against Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe over the biting incident in Sunday's game with West Ham.
Defoe seemed to bite the arm of Javier Mascherano after he was fouled by the midfielder, with both players booked by referee Steve Bennett.

An FA spokesman said: "We are unable to take any action because the referee has already dealt with the incident.

"Fifa regulations prevent us from taking retrospective action

All this talk about how suarez need help and pepe reina cryin' 'bout how dey bias because he from Uruguay....steuwps....de man come wit all he baggage, biting man in Holland and butting referee as a youth...he come here and like to dive and he does get away with a lot of antagonistic behaviour towards opponents....he need a good steven gerrard or jamie carragher-on-nani style kick in his teeth.
  It woulda be nice to hear people offer up the same explanations that Balotelli "needs help" with all the immature shit he was and continues to be so vilified for doing but liverpool and dey desperate ass in dire need of his football genius. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool/Suarez appeal, and succeed in having it reduced.

well, surprise, surprise!  It's a good thing for him that he eh listening to no jackass but he has real intelligent lawyers and advisors that knew better than to advise him to appeal.  All things considered, including his non-biting past, it is his best course of action to be contrite and work towards repairing his image.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2013, 08:35:38 PM »

:rotfl:
Suarez's bite was an attack, Defoe's was not.  The two were very different so there's no irony, and no kicker.  That is why they can safely say that the Suarez incident is exceptional.

Everybody who sayin that oh Defoe bite a man and only get a yellow needs to actually look at the incident.  Don't rely on memory, yuh know some of us gettin old.  Defoe lovingly nibbled on Mascherano's shoulder, and the ref was right up close and saw what happened.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JzXBSvngRR0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JzXBSvngRR0</a>

Let me add, while Defoe's bite was more jokey than violent, it shouldn't be in the game.  He needed more punishment. Maybe not a red card which would have been deserved just for being stupid, but more like a fine or a short ban.

Also important to note that after the FA reviewed the video and said they couldn't retroactively discipline Defoe because the ref already gave him a yellow, this rule was circumvented earlier that same season when Ben Thatcher tried to kill Pedro Mendes and only got a yellow during the game, and then later got a lengthy ban upon review.  The FA's reason was that Thatcher's act was an exceptional incident.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:03:19 PM by Peong »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2013, 09:09:44 PM »
...and as "exceptional" as that vicious elbow to the head which knocked out Mendes and sent him straight to the hospital was... the exceptional discipline was an 8-match ban.  Thank God it wasn't as bad as Suarez' bite.

EDIT: And then you have this nugget...

The Liverpool manager said Suárez's persecution complex stemmed from the inconsistencies in an FA disciplinary process that enabled Jermain Defoe to escape with a yellow card for biting Javier Mascherano in 2006 and saw the Chester City defender Sean Hessey receive a five-match ban for biting Stockport's Liam Dickinson in the same year.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/25/brendan-rodgers-fa-luis-suarez-liverpool
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:55:28 PM by Bakes »

Offline Lifeisgood

• Jr. Warrior
  • Lively Up Yourself!!
    • View Profile
Buh wha de ....??? Again Suarez??!!
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2014, 12:51:19 PM »
http://www.espnfc.us/

3 game ban -- WC over for Suarez, and I not sure that Liverpool should keep this fella!
"dis is not a fete in here ... dis is madness!!"
Never be afraid ....
To turn over your uncertain Future
..to our certain God.

Love one another.  Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Buh wha de ....??? Again Suarez??!!
« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2014, 01:09:02 PM »

3 game ban -- WC over for Suarez, and I not sure that Liverpool should keep this fella!

Come and get him, Madrid and Barca

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2014, 01:13:05 PM »
Now dont get too hasty ...de fella you saw in the video that looked like Suarez may not be Suarez...he may look like a duck , walk like a duck but I assure you he may not be a duck though it is difficult to duck this one .
I suggest we ask him to report on the issue and will give him all the time he needs to do so ...I am even suggesting that he cools off in Tobago following up on our national campaign to promote T&T in South America. It would certainly justify the actions of our top officials from the ministry of Sport who traveled to Brazil at taxpayers expense to promote T&T as a tourist destination. 
we know a member of the team bit the italian player but we cant use videos to determine who it is so I would suggest you just ...move on !  :rotfl:

Offline Lifeisgood

• Jr. Warrior
  • Lively Up Yourself!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2014, 02:31:16 PM »

Come and get him, Madrid and Barca

I cannot see Rogers wanting to deal with that --- collect the $70 mil for him and get 2 strikers.... Sturridge good for 20 goals, Sterling good for 10 -- sign 2 strikers who between dem scoring 20.......dat is 4 players - 50 goals.  We will get another 15 from the midfield and 5 from the back ...... we good to go.

Call mih Brendan....leh we organize to ship "Hanibal" out!!!
Never be afraid ....
To turn over your uncertain Future
..to our certain God.

Love one another.  Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2014, 04:00:19 PM »
De only way this guy should be allowed to play football is he will be require to wear a mouth guard like Hannibal.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2014, 04:06:16 PM »
dunno if rodgers want that PR headache to deal with...season will be long and tough..

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2014, 04:50:06 PM »
I sincerely believe he have a mental illness. No kicks.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2014, 05:23:57 PM »
Tony Barrett

@TonyBarretTimes

FIFA have banned Luis Suarez from playing International & domestic football for 24 games & have fined the Uruguay forward €150,000
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 05:39:49 PM by royal »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2014, 05:27:58 PM »
FIFA have banned Luis Suarez from playing International & domestic football for 24 games & have fined the Uruguay forward €150,000

FIFA, Uruguay and Liverpool have to realize Vampire Suarez needs more than ban and fine. He needs help   

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2014, 05:28:48 PM »
This is like a normal spontaneous reaction when he can't get his way. We can't question his desire, but man, keep your teet to yourself.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2014, 06:22:42 PM »

FIFA, Uruguay and Liverpool have to realize Vampire Suarez needs more than ban and fine. He needs help   

Yeah, I was thinking the same. It's a behavioral problem that need professional help. Kinda like tourettes.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2014, 06:23:46 PM »
Tony Barrett

@TonyBarretTimes

That punishment soft.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2014, 06:46:53 PM »
167 people cashed in on bet that Luis Suarez would bite someone at World Cup
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/luis-suarez-biting-prop-bet-norway
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2014, 06:53:31 PM »
confed cup...near miss lol

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2014, 06:54:41 PM »
Lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2014, 07:08:50 PM »
167 people cashed in on bet that Luis Suarez would bite someone at World Cup
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/luis-suarez-biting-prop-bet-norway

Man, people really have no concience!!!!

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2014, 08:52:24 PM »
I jokingly tweeted before the match that England can still go through if Suarez bites Mario and then a brawl breaks out and both teams get disqualified. I was pretty close...

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2014, 09:00:14 PM »
Tony Barrett

@TonyBarretTimes

That punishment soft.

is it official?

1]; } ?>