March 28, 2024, 05:14:00 AM

Author Topic: Luis Suárez deserve a thread.  (Read 30115 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Luis Suárez deserve a thread.
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2014, 10:13:13 PM »
From ...........The Daily Mirror

FIFA has said it is investigating the alleged bite, after Mexican referee Marco Rodríguez – whose nickname is Dracula – didn’t see the incident.

If cited, Suarez faces a maximum of a 24-match ban under FIFA’s disciplinary rules, and it appears it will apply only to international football. Italy’s Mauro Tassotti currently holds the record with an eight-game ban for breaking Spain’s Luís Enrique’s nose in 1994 with an elbow.

“We are awaiting the official match reports and will gather all the necessary elements in order to evaluate the matter,” a FIFA spokesperson told AFP.

But other officials were quick to condemn Suarez.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2014, 09:03:22 AM »
What's to stop him from chewing on players in domestic football. Some clubs might see a player that can't play international football as an advantage.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2014, 09:31:47 AM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2014, 03:44:57 PM »
LOL... I'm not even mad.

http://bitemangame.com/

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2014, 04:30:14 PM »
LOL... I'm not even mad.

http://bitemangame.com/

Love the mask when you die. lol

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2014, 04:32:25 PM »
Uruguayan FA defends Luis Suárez, claiming bite marks are Photoshopped
• Fifa insiders expect six-match ban as the punishment
• Fowler: ‘I wouldn’t be surprised if he left Liverpool now’

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/25/luis-suarez-uruguay-fight-against-ban
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2014, 08:01:59 AM »
@FIFAWorldCup
BREAKING: #URU's Luis Suarez suspended for nine matches and banned for four months from any football-related activity. MORE TO FOLLOW
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2014, 08:28:34 AM »
@FIFAWorldCup
BREAKING: #URU's Luis Suarez suspended for nine matches and banned for four months from any football-related activity. MORE TO FOLLOW

wonder if that will solve his problem ?

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2014, 08:29:00 AM »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2014, 08:29:39 AM »
Suspended from nine International matches. Plus any football related activity for four months, so his club season will be affected too.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2014, 08:42:24 AM »
@FIFAWorldCup

No it won't. Psychological help might. A ban, in and of itself, won't "solve" his problem.

Suarez has gotten a slap on the wrist.

http://www.espnfc.us/fifa-world-cup/story/1913701/luis-suarez-banned-for-four-months

9 international games and no football related activity for four months doesn't sound like a slap on the wrist for me. That means he's missing the rest of the World Cup and the first 2 -3 months of his club season. That is no joke. Especially if "no football related activity" means he can't even train with his club side.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:46:01 AM by Mose »
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 26, 2014, 08:45:16 AM »
All talk aside, the world cup won't be as good without him there.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 26, 2014, 08:50:38 AM »
All talk aside, the world cup won't be as good without him there.
Agreed. He's a very good player. But the ban is well deserved.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2014, 08:54:47 AM »
Suarez has gotten a slap on the wrist.

http://www.espnfc.us/fifa-world-cup/story/1913701/luis-suarez-banned-for-four-months

If this is a slap on the wrist, what do you consider a worthy punishment?

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/26/world-cup-luis-suarez-ban-biting-uruguay

"In an unprecedented move Fifa has banned Uruguay’s Luis Suárez from all “football-related activities” for four months for biting Italy’s Giorgio Chiellini, ruling him out of the rest of the World Cup and the start of the domestic season.

The Liverpool striker will not be able to play or train for his club or country for four months after Fifa’s disciplinary committee handed down the hefty sanction, which is sure to provoke dismay from both Uruguay and Liverpool.

The biting incident, the third in which Suárez has been involved in his career, has also led Fifa’s disciplinary committee to ban the player from even entering any football stadium during the ban.

Suárez has also been banned for nine competitive international matches, beginning with Uruguay’s last-16 clash with Colombia on Saturday, and fined £66,000."

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2014, 09:02:10 AM »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 26, 2014, 09:13:42 AM »
Okay, I will concede it is more than a slap on the wrist, but it is still light considering the fact that Suarez is becoming a habitual offender.

As a Liverpool fan, I really don't know if the club can continue to withstand the continued negative impacts of these serious offences on the club's corporate brand.

It is time to offload him.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #168 on: June 26, 2014, 09:19:16 AM »
Ah know we have a visceral reaction to biting because we see it as animal ting. But I watching de France game yesterday where man throwing elbows at man temple and ting. Ting to kill people. Dat ain't worse than biting? Dem red card fouls to mash up man leg and career and ting. Dat eh worse dan biting? Scraping studs down a man shin. Yellow card. Ain't no lengthy ban for dat. Why we treating biting worse?

Ah asking myself that question too, by the way.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 26, 2014, 09:57:26 AM »
Ah know we have a visceral reaction to biting because we see it as animal ting. But I watching de France game yesterday where man throwing elbows at man temple and ting. Ting to kill people. Dat ain't worse than biting? Dem red card fouls to mash up man leg and career and ting. Dat eh worse dan biting? Scraping studs down a man shin. Yellow card. Ain't no lengthy ban for dat. Why we treating biting worse?

dread yuh could spread disease with bites, infections if yuh break skin...any manner of shit could happen to make d victim end up d worst for dat bite.........bitin people ent nothing to make lite of.
I pity the fool....

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #170 on: June 26, 2014, 10:09:25 AM »

dread yuh could spread disease with bites, infections if yuh break skin...any manner of shit could happen to make d victim end up d worst for dat bite.........bitin people ent nothing to make lite of.
I ain't saying biting cool. I'm saying how come we doh have the same degree of outrage over other acts that are equally or more dangerous. They'll show two replays of an elbow to the head, say 'he's been a bit naughty' and story done. When in reality that more likely to be dangerous than a bite.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 10:11:38 AM by Dinner Mints »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 26, 2014, 10:19:15 AM »

I ain't saying biting cool. I'm saying how come we doh have the same degree of outrage over other acts that are equally or more dangerous. They'll show two replays of an elbow to the head, say 'he's been a bit naughty' and story done. When in reality that more likely to be dangerous than a bite.

Because it is normal to use you arms and legs in football - using your teeth is taking it to another level. It is savage behaviour.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 26, 2014, 10:29:06 AM »
9 international games and no football related activity for four months doesn't sound like a slap on the wrist for me. That means he's missing the rest of the World Cup and the first 2 -3 months of his club season. That is no joke. Especially if "no football related activity" means he can't even train with his club side.

Some people ain't happy unless they have blood.  International ban shoulda been longer... given the obnoxious conduct of the Uruguayan camp.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 26, 2014, 10:33:48 AM »

Because is Suarez... is not about the biting itself, it's the pattern of behavior.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 26, 2014, 11:06:17 AM »

Because it is normal to use you arms and legs in football - using your teeth is taking it to another level. It is savage behaviour.

Some things are seen as being part of the natural flow of the game. Incidents that are outside of that evoke visceral reactions as it is very difficult to explain them away and they tend to result in lengthier bans. Song's elbow wasn't likely to cause any lasting damage but he got 3 matches for it. Violent behaviour does generally tend to lead to lengthy bans though. Check the list here:
http://soccerlens.com/football-bans/93974/

Some excerpts:

Joey Barton – 12 matches
After being shown a red card for elbowing Carlos Tevez, Barton was found guilty of trying to knee Sergio Aguero and head-butt Vincent Kompany. These additional two charges of violent conduct, added to the dismissal, have resulted in a 12-match ban for the former Newcastle man, and put his career at the London club at risk.

Eric Cantona – 9 months
The mercurial French attacker was given a nine-month worldwide ban from the game in 1995 after his famed kung-fu kick on Crystal Palace fan Matthew Simmons at Selhurst Park. The Manchester United forward was also ordered to complete 120 hours of community service after the shocking act.

Paolo Di Canio – 11 matches
Fiery Sheffield Wednesday forward Paolo Di Canio was on the sidelines for 11 matches after pushing referee Paul Alcock to the ground in September 1998. After being dismissed in a league fixture against Arsenal, the Italian pushed the official to the deck, and was also handed a £10,000 fine for the act of petulance.

Kevin Keegan and Billy Bremner – 10 matches
Keegan and Bremner were both on the sidelines for 10 matches after coming to blows in the 1974 Charity Shield between Liverpool and Leeds. The pair were involved in a fight on the hour mark of the game, and both dismissed.

David Prutton – 10 matches
Southampton man David Prutton was given a ten-match ban for shoving referee Alan Wiley after his dismissal against Arsenal in the Premier League in 2005. The Saints midfielder was also handed out a £6,000 fine.

Paul Davis – 9 matches
The Arsenal midfielder was given a nine-match ban for punching Glenn Cockerill in October 1998, breaking the Southampton man’s jaw. Davis was sent off and ordered to pay a £3,000 fine by the FA.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 26, 2014, 11:13:07 AM »
@FIFAWorldCup

No it won't. Psychological help might. A ban, in and of itself, won't "solve" his problem.

More evidence that the ban isn't likely to help him solve this problem or even stop it from happening again. Man needs help.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/why-luis-suarez-bites-like-a-delinquent-toddler-1.2687951
While biting is more common among delinquent toddlers, psychologists say that adult biters involved in that kind of primitive attack behaviour likely have childhood impulse-control deficiencies.

"When we talk about biting, it's a very bizarre thing," said Adam Naylor, a sports psychologist with Boston University.

"I would argue the more bizarre the action, the more it might be a sign of someone actually trying to control their emotions. And if you don’t have any emotional management compass and you try and control it, it’s going to end up looking really weird when you don’t."
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:15:14 AM by Mose »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 27, 2014, 02:53:00 AM »
Seems proportionate, glad to see him away from football for 4 months

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 27, 2014, 11:52:33 AM »
wouldn't have like to play against him in primary school

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 28, 2014, 09:19:08 AM »
Suarez: 'I fell onto Chiellini...'
By Football Italia staff

Luis Suarez apparently told FIFA’s Disciplinary Commission he “lost my balance and hit my face” against Giorgio Chiellini.

The Uruguay striker continues to insist he did not bite Italy defender Chiellini on the shoulder, despite video evidence and photographs of the movement.

The details of the disciplinary hearing have emerged, including Suarez’s own testimony via the Associated Press.

“At that moment of impact, it forced me to bend my knees, and lost balance and ended up falling on the opponent [Chiellini].

“I slammed my face against the player [Chiellini] leaving a small bruise and sharp pain in the teeth – therefore the referee stopped the game.

“This is what happened and in no case what has been described as a bite or attempting to bite happened.

However, the Disciplinary Commission ruled the bite was “deliberate, intentional and without provocation.”

Suarez received a four-month ban from all football and suspension for nine international matches.

It was a particularly lengthy ban because this is the third time in his career that Suarez has been caught biting an opponent.

In all three cases, the player was only punished using video evidence, as the gesture escaped the attention of the referee.

Meanwhile, Suarez took to his Twitter account in order to send a message to the fans.

“Hi all, I write this post to give thanks to the outpouring of support and love I am receiving. Both myself and my family really appreciate it.

“Thank you very much for being by my side and I want all my colleagues today we support selection for the match against Colombia.”

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #179 on: June 28, 2014, 10:38:40 AM »
you have to wonder if they realize there is video of the incident. He and his backers talking like there is no visual evidence after the fact.

1]; } ?>